Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Facts About Rooibos Tea: Thanks for reading!

Communities > Forums > Article: Facts About Rooibos Tea
bookmark
Forum: Article: Facts About Rooibos TeaReplies: 3, Views: 19
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

gwen21

gwen21
Gurnee, IL
(Zone 5b)

February 1, 2012
12:35 PM

Post #8990900

Thanks all for writing in, and hope you will enjoy rooibos soon if you haven't already. I'm a coffee drinker and usually find herbal teas to be wimpy, but rooibos tastes like nothing else and is so refreshing. It can be hard to find in grocery stores, although it seems to have become more mainstream in the past few years. Both Bigelow and Twinings brands have it in tea bags.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

February 2, 2012
8:35 PM

Post #8992840

Gwen,
Thanks for the article, I learned more than I bargained for, lol.
--
Bev
midwest6708
Saint Louis, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 6, 2012
10:05 PM

Post #8997513

Thanks for the interesting and informative article, Gwen.
I've recently been searching for a great chai tea. The best I've found so far is Celestial Seasonings Sweet Coconut Thai decaf, which contains rooibos as its main ingredient. Have tried three other chais made with black tea, but they just didn't have the 'oomph' of C.S.'s. Not knowing any better, I thought the difference must be in their spice blends; but after reading your article, I realize it's probably the rooibos that makes the flavor more interesting to me. Now thanks to you, I'll be on the hunt for a "straight up", unflavored rooibos to try.

gwen21

gwen21
Gurnee, IL
(Zone 5b)

February 7, 2012
6:30 AM

Post #8997726

I think you'll find rooibos all by itself has plenty of flavor. Must say, though, you've just convinced me to try the Celestial Seasonings tea you've described -- I like chai teas and also love coconut. Thanks, midwest!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Facts About Rooibos Tea Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Love Rooibos Cville_Gardener 1 Feb 1, 2012 5:29 AM
Me too! vossner 2 Feb 1, 2012 8:00 AM
Going to try! CLScott 1 Feb 1, 2012 9:13 AM
rooibos tea spnwhl 1 Feb 6, 2012 11:48 AM
Would like to try it! jjordan 1 Feb 6, 2012 4:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America