Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: 4th Annual Windchime Swap!

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 223, Views: 1,308
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2012
3:31 PM

Post #8991118

It's time..time to chime!! :) Are you as ready for spring and spring breezes as I am? Are you looking forward to hearing the soft, tinkling sounds of windchimes? I AM!! So join me as we do our fourth annual swap of windchimes!

I will take names of participants until February 10th and I'll send out names on the 11th. This is a secret buddy swap, so no one tell whose name you're sending to :)

The windchimes will need to be sent by February 25th..please try to keep to that date and no later..

If you'd like to tell us your favorite type of chimes, please feel free..BUT there is no obligation on your buddy's part to get that particular type :) That's part of the fun, to get something new and different..who knows..you might find a NEW favorite by doing so!

My rules are simple:
1. Buy or make your buddy a windchime (let's keep it to no more than $20 plus shipping)
2. Post a picture when you receive your chime..we love seeing all the varieties of what everyone receives
3. Have fun :)

That's it... now who needs a new set of windchimes besides me??

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell
Click the image for an enlarged view.

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2012
3:32 PM

Post #8991119

Reserved for Participants :)

1. Clancampbell - Chris :-) Rcvd from WarriorWisdomKathy (Kathy)
2. FOTV - Susan
3. Purpbutfly - Cindy
4. Tater55 - Linda Kay :-) Purpbutfly (Cindy)
5. Warriorwisdomkathy - Kathy :-) Rcvd from FOTV (Fruitness)
6. jab91864- Julie :-) Rcvd from Robynznest (Robin)
7. Crit- Patti :-) Rcvd from Bettypauze (Betty)
8. Robynznest - Robin
9. FLstu - Stu
10. Bettypauze - Betty
11. Mud_Elf - Kris
12. Tina_A - Tina
13. deejay9 - Susie :-) Rcvd from Crit (Patti)
14. irisluvr0252 - Debbie :-) Rcvd from jab91864 (Julie)

This message was edited Feb 29, 2012 6:02 PM

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

February 1, 2012
3:50 PM

Post #8991132

I'm IN!!!!!
I love metal, rusted or not, I like country theme, butterflies, frogs, purples, greens

This message was edited Feb 8, 2012 9:29 PM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 1, 2012
5:17 PM

Post #8991263

Me too!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 1, 2012
6:29 PM

Post #8991365

HI!!! Count me in too!! I got the perfect yard for breezes too.

If ya look at the pix closely you might see Dorothy and toto. Was 'bout 10 miles from home, whew! Was drivimg to my daughter's house to babysit gkids when I spotted a bunch of people pulled over on the road and couldn't figure out why, till I looked closer, was just a couple of miles south of the hiway. Passed 5 miles south of my home and was glad. Lol.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2012
3:48 PM

Post #8992511

Wouldn't dare miss this one, Chris :) I like any kind of chimes...tubular, bamboo, glass, metal, you name it.

Wow Kathy, what a scary scene. I take it you aren't interested in becoming a 'storm chaser'.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 2, 2012
8:12 PM

Post #8992816

Fruit... as a kid I used to chase them from a distance, funny what you'll do when your young. I was just driving down the road when I saw this one, needless to say I was very surprised. LOL.
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 3, 2012
2:10 AM

Post #8992937

Count me in, I absolutely love windchimes!!!

Kathy, great pic !! I think I would have been very afraid.

~Julie =0)

Edited per request... I would prefer outdoor chimes. Other than that I am not picky on theme or color =0)

This message was edited Feb 9, 2012 6:59 AM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 3, 2012
6:37 AM

Post #8993111

I'm in!!!! I love this swap and always look forward to it!!!!! I would like chimes to put outdoors on my deck. I love to hear them chime when the wind blows. I don't have any deep tones, that would be good but not a necessity. Don't care for bamboo.

Patti

This message was edited Feb 11, 2012 7:15 PM

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 3, 2012
7:58 AM

Post #8993190

Me too please.

Kathy, I still love to chase them. Got my niece started in it and now she is a meteorologist. I know it was bad for the people, but I think they are beautiful. What I can't get over is look how green that grass is. Wow most of ours is brown and we can't even say the weather is wintery here.

I like anything. I finally got my bamboo and my shell chimes last year. So I'm good to go on anything. If I have to give a preference then I would like one with dragonflies or faires. Even a ground yard decoration is good.

This message was edited Feb 9, 2012 9:34 AM

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

February 3, 2012
8:52 AM

Post #8993243

I'd like to join in. Mine will be hand made to be used indoors or out.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 3, 2012
1:10 PM

Post #8993494

Great start! Thanks everyone and welcome to our newbies :) Can't wait to see what Stu (or do you prefer Stuart?) makes for his buddy- hand made are always fun!

I'm fighting a nasty cold, so if I disappear for a while - talk amongst yourselves and I'll be back soon as I'm human again! lol

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 3, 2012
2:34 PM

Post #8993599

Chris I'll join in and I'll make arrangements so that my windchimes can be sent to a friend for me. As I know postage is higher to send to Canada..

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 3, 2012
3:29 PM

Post #8993707

Crawling out of all the boxes from moving,,,Did I hear windchimes??

Count me in!!!!! lol

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 3, 2012
3:55 PM

Post #8993739

Hey, Kris is alive!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 3, 2012
4:15 PM

Post #8993765

If anyone was wondering that tornado was in late June or early July, No I'm having a blizzard at the moment. So far 18+", and won't be done til Saturday.

Clan...Sorry I forgot to say what I want,lol. My preference is for outdoor chimes, bat house or butterfly house or mason bee home. And are we allowed to have the chimes mailed from the mailorder business? Still looking for options but thought I'd ask.

I didn't have to babysit today, whew!!! LOL.

This message was edited Feb 3, 2012 5:52 PM

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 3, 2012
4:55 PM

Post #8993821

Evening everyone.

Oh my gosh, Kathy, you're so bad but did get a good chuckle out of your pic. I heard on the news this morning your are is in for 2' of the white stuff. Send me a little bit, like 6" or so. We've only had a dusting of less than 1" all Winter. If we can call it Winter, been wearing shorts and T-shirts off and on this week.

Sending you a warm "Welcome" to our zany group, Stu. Never thought of making chimes before and am intrigued. I do have several that need to be repaired / restrung our strong North winds have done a number on.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 3, 2012
5:45 PM

Post #8993880

OOOps, sorry I goofed make my pref. outdoor windchimes, I signed up for the bird, bat or butterfly trade, (was trying to combine I guess). lol. Kathy

I would love metal windchimes, thanks.

This message was edited Feb 8, 2012 6:21 PM

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

February 3, 2012
6:17 PM

Post #8993901

Oh my the lucky person that gets Stu!!! I have seen his birdhouses. Wished he join my swap so I can take him for myself, hee hee :-) I want to make my chime also but...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 3, 2012
6:23 PM

Post #8993908

Now my creative juices are thinking. Hmmmm
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 3, 2012
6:56 PM

Post #8993942

Kathy, I quite understand!! lol.. last year, I went out and saw something for a swap, bought it..then realized I hadn't even signed up for it, so came back home and did just that :-)

hmmmm...now Cindy has me thinking.. if I 'accidently' get Stu for my buddy.. well, you all know that it was an accident, right??? LOL!

Kris, I wondered if I was going to have to come find you and let you know this swap was going on :) Hope the unpacking is going ok!

OH..Betty, that will be a hard decision.. Stu or you for my buddy.. oh, the possibilities! :)

Maybe we can get Stu to give us some pointers on how to re-string/fix our chimes that we have, Fruity!

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

February 4, 2012
4:15 AM

Post #8994172

Cindy, I am going to join the birdhouse swap and plan on repurposing for that one too. For stringing, I use 20lb wire for jewelry making. I do that too, though not as frequently nowdays. It has held up outside on one of my 'chimes' for about 5 yrs now without problems, and that's with a silverware - based chime.

PS... guess I should add that I would prefer an outdoors chime. Living in Florida, think spring or fall for those of you up north. Believe it or not, no chimes, plants, etc. inside unless it's blooming orchids that I take inside while they bloom. That is, except, for the guest room that has several 'birdhouses' repurposed for window scarf holders and a hanging gourd that was beautifully painted (not by mee) that I re-fit with a wire hanger that I added beads from vintage jewelery to... it's a bird themed room with vintage Audobon -type prints of hummingbirds and Lories.

This message was edited Feb 4, 2012 7:22 AM
Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 4, 2012
5:07 AM

Post #8994193

I would like to be in this swap too. Tina
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2012
6:54 AM

Post #8994299

Stu, that room sounds wonderful.. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see pics, if you're willing to share :)

Tina, welcome..I've added you up top!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 4, 2012
7:57 PM

Post #8995011

Ok, did my shopping today and I'm ready...Where's my name? LOL!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 5, 2012
1:43 PM

Post #8995740

I almost missed this Chris, Glad to know you would have hunted me up or down since I am in the south...lol I would like out door or indoor,, love beachy type stuff, or anything at all. I need to redo a lot of my chimes too. This last winter was not kind on them!! I might be making one for my swap buddy. Have to see how much time I have to try to get one done.

Well I can finally see some of the rooms now. Apparently everyone decided I needed everything from the old house,,,sigh. So now I have to repack everything that was going into storage or yard sale or shipping out to DGer's for postage.

If anyone wants some scrap stained glass for $25.00 a box just d-mail me. All the glass will be at least 2 x 2 up to 5 x 7 give or take a 1/2 inch or so... I have about 1500 pounds of glass to get rid of. Each box will have about 20 to 25 pounds of glass,, so please spread the word to your crafty friends.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 5, 2012
2:20 PM

Post #8995777

Chris, I'll dmail you the address that my swap item can be sent to in NY..

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 5, 2012
3:27 PM

Post #8995842

i'M tHINKING YET :)))

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 5, 2012
3:45 PM

Post #8995851

Drats Kris, here for the last few weeks I've been deep in stained glass, lamp window panel, modern piece for me and jewelry boxes trying to find glass that's just a tad different and here you are trying to sell glass..wish I was closer to you! Would solve both our problems
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 5, 2012
6:09 PM

Post #8996007

Thanks for the tip to use 20 lb wire, Stu. I don't know what I was thinking when I've repaired a few previously, just going with the flow using the same materials the chimes were originally strung on, like nylon cord.

That's a very generous offer, Elfie, and am glad you're getting settled again, despite the snafu's.
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 6, 2012
1:48 PM

Post #8996962

I'm ready to get back into the swaps! Please add me to this one! I've been MIA for the past few months and I need my DG pals! It's been a difficult 4 months with my DFIL being diagnosed with lung cancer, my ex diagnosed with esophagus cancer that has spread to the liver and spine and the kid next door tried to back his dad's manual transmission truck out of their garage (not knowing how to drive a manual transmission) and ran it through our spare bedroom! (picture below). At least we are getting a remodel for the bedroom out of this!

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

February 6, 2012
1:52 PM

Post #8996971

I picked up my Wind chime for my buddy. DH says "Why do you always buy such pretty ones to give away" lol

This message was edited Feb 8, 2012 9:26 PM
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 7, 2012
3:06 AM

Post #8997557

I picked up 2 windchimes, guess I will have to decide which to keep and which to give away...lol.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 7, 2012
6:00 AM

Post #8997688

still thinking :)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 7, 2012
11:40 AM

Post #8998054

Oh wow iris ... you are lucky he didn't go all the way through the wall!!!!!

I'm trying to remember some of the places I saw wind chimes that weren't where I expected to see them. I ran across some really pretty ones that I was going to go back and price. I'll remember, just takes a while.

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 7, 2012
1:31 PM

Post #8998174

He actually did come all the way through the wall. Knocked the chest of drawers 3-4ft away from the wall and the two top drawers flew out of the chest! Lost a few knick knacks but they are replaceable!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 7, 2012
3:05 PM

Post #8998261

Just lucky you had no one sleeping in that bedroom .
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 7, 2012
4:02 PM

Post #8998332

No kidding!

I'm trying to restrain myself from shopping til I get my bud's name, hoping there will be hints to go by.
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 8, 2012
5:42 AM

Post #8998847

That is the room that my DGS sleeps in when he visits! He wasn't here at the time but easily could have been and might have been playing on the floor with his Legos or something. No one hurt and the wall has been fixed...the new siding was put on yesterday and the new carpet will be installed this week. Then we can get the room back together and the house back to more of a 'normal' status!

Got to get to work...be back later!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 8, 2012
8:35 AM

Post #8999080

WOW ... that is WILD. Praise God your DGS wasn't there!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 8, 2012
9:56 AM

Post #8999195

Omg what a terrible thing to happen..thank the Lord nobody was injured or worse!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 8, 2012
4:55 PM

Post #8999663

A man here in Iowa was just convicted of vehicular homicide- He went THROUGH the house from the back to the front. The house owner, a 70 something year old woman, was in the living room and he dragged her with him. She passed away out in the front yard. :(
You were VERY lucky!

Susie, I hope you join us- you know you need another windchime LOL

I've seen a few, but I want to find something that is different/unusual but what my buddy would love!

Speaking of hints- everyone please go back to your original post and add a little something about what you like- wood, bamboo, metal, big, small, a certain color, a certain theme, whatever! That will give your buddy a place to start :)

thanks!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2012
5:28 AM

Post #9000093

i want to join but our town just dose not have any windchimes that jump out at ya saying choose me unless it is a $40. chime that i cannot afford to invest in . so When i get to The city btw now & the 25th & find one then i will sign up . have a great day to all.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 9, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9000119

Susie, check your $$ stores, or wal mart.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 9, 2012
6:20 AM

Post #9000157

I'm on my way out to Barrie, going to the garden center, omg they always have such pretties, soooo, if I see something even though I do not know my buddies preference, will have to pick it up..

On the run!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2012
6:26 AM

Post #9000164

I HAVE & they just do not have anything i want to share maybe i shouldn't be so fussy but i want to send a nice.
chime. i ask sharon at our local ace garden center about the chimes theirs will be in Next week so i will check out what they get in:)
i Found all kinds of things for our froggie swap :)

well have to go back later
susie

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 9, 2012
12:10 PM

Post #9000593

Susie, bought a chime at the Garden Gallery and saw many froggies just wanting to jump into my cart..

If once I get my name the chime doesn't seem appropriate I'll keep it for myself and go in search of another.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2012
3:10 PM

Post #9000791

Two days to go before we get our chimer's name...yeah!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2012
3:47 PM

Post #9000861

Susie, you might check online too- once you have your buddy's name, then you could search for it that way.. just a thought :)

By the way, if you don't have your address in the address book here on DG, please dmail me your address so that I'll have it when I start dmailing buddy names.

Can't wait .. I'm doing it in a way that I won't know in advance who has me or who I'll have until the names get pulled.

Edited to add: I'm such a dork-- I don't think I've said anything about what I would like for my chimes LOL!! I love deep tones, for the outside, wood or metal, I love teal, green, blue, and themed ones are fun (but not necessary!)

So in other words.. any chime at all :-)

This message was edited Feb 9, 2012 5:55 PM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2012
4:30 PM

Post #9000915

Well I Walked into the New garden center here in town & They had all types hanging from the ceiling But they were not the chimes they were all just whirles Beauty full but not the out door type they they had Butterflys, Hummingbirds , they are for in the house or maybe on a porch . I will try to go to BATTLE CREEK Saturday to see what I Can fine so

SIGN ME UP :))))
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2012
5:10 PM

Post #9000955

woohoo!! Glad you are joining us :)
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2012
6:28 AM

Post #9001551

Chris...I don't see my name at the top (see my post from February 6). I like the soft sound windchimes and I like the spinners that DeeJay was talking about...butterflies, hummingbirds and dragonflies.

Thanks!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 10, 2012
6:53 AM

Post #9001573

I like beachy stuff and love spinners!!! Love bright collors,,,

The only thing I hate is BAMBOO!!!!! lol

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 10, 2012
7:31 AM

Post #9001623

Ohhh 1 more day then it's name time..sure hope what I already bought will be suitable..

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2012
3:01 PM

Post #9002142

Well LK Ya Done it once again I Found Just the right one it is what I Would love & Now to PRY It Out Of my sight .
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT :))))

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 10, 2012
3:26 PM

Post #9002176

Susie, I'll get you, you get me and we will make a pack to keep each our own..like mine as well! Lol

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2012
3:35 PM

Post #9002186

HEHE Ok Betty or you share yours with me i will send you mind :) & Then we won't be Heart broken :) I would worry that customs might not let this through to you .
Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 10, 2012
8:59 PM

Post #9002442

I'm don't have a preference, anything will do.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 10, 2012
9:25 PM

Post #9002455

Name day!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2012
4:53 AM

Post #9002549

TAP TAP TAP

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 11, 2012
6:04 AM

Post #9002591

Hummmmm,,, have a shopping cart full of stuff. Waiting for name!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2012
7:48 AM

Post #9002705

OH GEE KRISS YOU MIGHT NEED TO BOXES OR TWO NAMES ;)))) CHRIS CAN PUT ME DOWN FOR ONE OF YOURS ;0 HEHE

SUSIE

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 11, 2012
8:46 AM

Post #9002828

LOL,,, I found some goooooood stuff,,,hehe
Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 11, 2012
9:39 AM

Post #9002893

No mail yet. I'm patiently waiting for my buddy's name

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 11, 2012
10:53 AM

Post #9002958

Susie, I do that all the time, find something I would like, and the usually buy two, one for me, one for swap buddy!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 11, 2012
10:55 AM

Post #9002959

Chris is at the home and garden show, she will post soon.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2012
5:28 PM

Post #9003370

Sorry guys- I wound up coming to Iowa City to babysit the grandkids..I'll try to get the names sent out tonight, but if not I'll send them tomorrow. I'm talking one of the grandsons into helping me draw names LOL..

I'll be back in a while. :-)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 11, 2012
5:34 PM

Post #9003379

Ummmm, well ok,,I guess we will just have to wait,,,lol
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #9003388

LOL.. I hear you pouting Kris :)

Gat helped me draw numbers for the names and I'm going to send out dmails right now!

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2012
5:45 PM

Post #9003398

tap,tap,tap

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 11, 2012
6:05 PM

Post #9003419

Got mine, thanks Chris!! Will send it out this week!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2012
6:21 PM

Post #9003447

Everyone should have their buddy's name by now.. remember to not reveal until you receive yours and please, please, please show us a picture of your chime and tell us who sent it. It's always fun to see the different chimes and gives us a chance to "oooh and ahhh" over them :)

Chimes should be sent no later than Feb 25th - if you run into a snag, you can dmail me in private so that I can let your buddy know you're running a little late.

Thanks and enjoy your shopping or creating! (can't wait to see what Stu makes for his buddy!)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 11, 2012
6:50 PM

Post #9003488

Thanks for the name!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 12, 2012
9:56 AM

Post #9004016

Got my name and nothing I bought will do,, so I am back to square one,,sigh

ROFLMWO!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 12, 2012
11:20 AM

Post #9004107

Checked my swap bud and those I am sending will do nicely..phewwww, that I was going to have to force myself to keep them !

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 12, 2012
6:32 PM

Post #9004571

Yeah,, I am keeping all my pretties,,lol, Now to start shopping again.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 12, 2012
6:48 PM

Post #9004591

pssttt.. Elfie..you could always send them my way (big grin)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 13, 2012
5:53 AM

Post #9004871

Chris
I actually do have a thing or two at the old house for you,,,lol
No idea as to when they will fly your way though,,
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 13, 2012
5:44 PM

Post #9005686

ohhhh... how sweet and how mean of you LOL!!! But hold onto them.. I may be moving in a few months!

I put an offer in on a house today!! Everyone, please keep your fingers, toes and eyes crossed for me that they accept my offer!! This place is so cute- it's 2 bed, 1 bath with attached garage. Has a fireplace.. the best of all though is that it has a screened in front porch and a 3 season room on the back!! Plus a small yard just begging to have flowers :)

I'm trying to not get my hopes up!! lol.. yeah, right..

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

February 13, 2012
6:04 PM

Post #9005708

Oh wow Chris that does sound cute. Crossing my fingers for you!!!
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 13, 2012
6:25 PM

Post #9005729

I have every crossed and saying prayers. I hope everything goes your way.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 13, 2012
7:05 PM

Post #9005762

Saying prayers your offer gets accepted Chris! I know moving sucks, but you will be so glad to have a home of your own!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 13, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9005770

I hope your offer is received, Chris, and you'll have a yard full of flowers...soon. And having a sunporch with so many possibilities, oh my.
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2012
3:17 AM

Post #9007261

Best of luck Chris!!! New beginnings are so exciting!!!

My swap shopping is done just need to get to the post office this Saturday =0)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 15, 2012
3:33 AM

Post #9007266

Oh Chris, any news? How exciting would that be to have a clean garden slate, just think of the possibilities...

Must get to the post office as well..will pack it up tonight and mail tomorrow
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9008189

Ugh.. I'm not going to get it LOL.. the lady has "sentimental value" in the home and wants to price it based on that :) So..I'm looking again! It is what it is ..

I've got to find something..or my buddy will wind up getting two or three or four boxes- kind of sending it as I find it. I do have a couple of little things so far :) LOL
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 15, 2012
6:06 PM

Post #9008222

As an ex realtor, I could jump in here with so many 'no's' about what just happened, but will hold my tongue. Just the right house, or perhaps another realtor, is right around the corner.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 15, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9008314

So sorry Chris,, you will find the perfect home just wait!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 16, 2012
5:32 AM

Post #9008535

Dont despair Chris, am sure the perfect house is waiting for you..one that perhaps has a lovely mature garden with a bench and a pond ready for you to sit and enjoy!!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 16, 2012
6:19 AM

Post #9008601

Betty is right,, and her description sounds lovely.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 16, 2012
6:25 AM

Post #9008615

was laughing, described my gardens..lol

am on the telephone with my sister congratulating her on Westminster win..

if interested here's the link

here is the link for the show..

first 1/2 minute is advertising then when it changes main screen you can scroll bottom tab to the 24 minute mark and Sharon's interview starts there

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Canada/Toronto/1305549802/ID=...
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 16, 2012
8:24 PM

Post #9009463

I could figure out how to find the story. I think I may need more direct.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 17, 2012
11:40 AM

Post #9010018

Yeahhhh!!!!! I got my chimes! Will try to get a photo this weekend transferred to the puter, sorry plumber in the kitchen. Hectic at the moment. But wanted to say they are beautiful!!!!!! and will go up on the porch this weekend. Thanks Susan!!!!!! (fruit). Ohhhh, I'm so excited to hear my new melodies, will scare the deer for a few weeks, (Other morning found deer prints in the snow coming up the front steps, how dare they!!!). Later all , Kathy.

Pix is my front porch with raccoons (momma, and four babies), think that's where they will be placed, might take care of the coon problems too. Lol. Yup, I got critters!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 17, 2012
6:20 PM

Post #9010512

Got my package sent out this afternoon. Monday is a holiday so should be Tues. Yeah!!!!!

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Click an image for an enlarged view.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 17, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9010538

That was quick, Kathy. You're going to have a bang up kitchen before you know it :)

OMG, the sheer guts some people have climbing mountains. We watched a piece on 60 Minutes a few weeks ago of a guy climbing in Yosemite without a harness or any safety devices, just him and the floor below that was hundreds of feet.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 18, 2012
6:16 AM

Post #9010855

Mine went out yesterday ups for i was told they would be no mail on monday but ups was going to run & it was the same cost so i went ups , hope my buddy will be hope :)
will send conf 3 later when i get out to my house .
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 18, 2012
9:40 AM

Post #9011066

I broke an item that was going in my package. Just slipped out of my hand and hit a shelf on the way to the floor.. so I will have to replace that before I can send the package out. No post office for me today =0/

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 18, 2012
9:48 AM

Post #9011072

Oh, I have done that too! So sorry!
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 18, 2012
3:20 PM

Post #9011335

It just frustrated me, it was an add on to the box, chimes are fine I didn't drop those...lol. But after seeing the way it broke it probably wouldn't have held up well outside... I had planned on buying a couple for myself later on ...lol.

I just have to wait till I get to town on Monday to replace it and then get my daughter to take the box to the post office for me on Tuesday. The local post office opens after I get to work, and closes before I leave work... so I normally mail out on a Saturday morning.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 19, 2012
6:58 PM

Post #9012600

Fruit...first two pix are of my grandson climbing the little bitty hill...lol. The kid's church camp does all sorts of fun things. Sorry phone needs recharging, will do tonight and post that pix tomorrow. I will say it was breezy this morning and the chimes are gorgeous sounding!!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 20, 2012
6:46 PM

Post #9014073

I finally found the perfect windchime for my buddy,, Got into a bidding war on e-bay and almost went over my allowed budget. But I am thinking it will be worth it!! I have requested it to be sent straight to my swap buddy, so hopefully it will be there in about 4 days as it is coming from sorta close by to my buddy.. I will also be sending a little something extra if I find it. Lost it in the move,,,sigh...
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2012
3:43 AM

Post #9014288

My box will be going out today... yay!!! Will dmail my confirmation tonight after work

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

February 21, 2012
10:40 AM

Post #9014725

To my windchime buddy, though you know notn who you are. I will be a bit tardy in sending out the chimes as I wish still to make it. I am trying to complete four quilting projects right now for trophies for an upcoming National dog show for my breed, so will probably need to wait till this weekend to tackle the chimes. It will hopefully go out the latest on Monday.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 21, 2012
11:08 AM

Post #9014750

Good luck Stu on your dog show..may you come home a winner!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 21, 2012
1:26 PM

Post #9014906

I don't think anyone here is going to object to a few extra days, we all know life happens when we least expect it. Good luck at the show. we are all crossing our fingers and toes.

Mine will go out tomorrow.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 21, 2012
1:30 PM

Post #9014910

No objections here!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 21, 2012
3:04 PM

Post #9015015

Can't put it out till spring so if you have my name you've mega time to post!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2012
3:54 PM

Post #9015073

Oh heck ya! This swap is being hosted by the Procrastination Queen herself--- ME! Just ask any of these sweet ladies, I'm sure they remember my hiding in the corners on various threads just because I haven't found my 'round2it' LOL..

What type of dogs do you have, Stu? And please feel free to show off your quilting projects :) We'd love to see them.

I've got my chime bought, now to find a box.. yep, here I go again :-)

OH.. and I had a notice from the PO that I have a box to pick up.. woohoo!! Hope to get there tomorrow after work before they close :)

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

February 21, 2012
4:41 PM

Post #9015118

We have Brussels Griffons, a toy breed that the dog is in 'As Good As It Gets' . Our nationals are in Louisville next month the week of the 12th. I volunteered to make the trophies this year for the sweepstakes Best of Opposite Sex, Best of Winners and Best of Breed. The BOO and BOW are wall hanging quilts or can be used on a grooming table, if the winner likes. The BOB is a lap quilt. Have the fronts of the first two done, and almost finished the BOB front. Then they need to be backed, quilted and bound. I also have made a quilt for the live auction fundraiser at the banquet dinner for the past two years, and wioll do so again. This is last year's auction quilt that raised $275 for the club. I was afraid that I would cut it close with the swap, and bit off a bit more than I realized due to dog shows this past weekend and some LONG days at the office. This one I called 'Griffs in Black and White'. The second is me with my first Best Of Breed win with our next to oldest girl from a few years ago.

Thumbnail by FLStu   Thumbnail by FLStu

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 22, 2012
5:53 AM

Post #9015585

wow, quilt is spectacular Stu...here's hoping you come back a winner in the Brussels Griffons breed. Know how much pleasure Sharon derives from showing and know just how much energy is put into it

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2012
6:02 AM

Post #9015594

Beautiful quilt!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 22, 2012
6:07 AM

Post #9015601

Mailing my windchimes at lunch today..will provide tracking number

Sure hope my bud likes my choice

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2012
6:14 AM

Post #9015605

Hopefully mine went out today. I really would love to find the same one for me.. serious envy going for my swap buddy...lolo

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2012
6:39 AM

Post #9015639

I Hope my buddy is home today to receive their chime:)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2012
9:28 AM

Post #9015860

WOW Stu ... very impressive on the quilts and you dog looks like a winner in my book!!! Such a cutie.

Going shopping again today. Hopefully will find what I am looking for! I found a neat one that had little gardening tools and stuff on it, but it was $39.99 and I just couldn't do it! Hope to find something similar or something else that 'grabs me'. :-) It will be out by Saturday.

If anyone is late sending my chimes, no worries. I'm with Chris, sometimes hide in the corner because I procrastinate. Just hate going shopping anymore, especially for groceries! But have to do that today also. Have already picked up a few little goodies to add to the box, but not the 'real deal' yet.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 22, 2012
1:15 PM

Post #9016090

Oh Crit, gardening tools, how lovely..can you describe it and I'll keep an eye open on my side of the border???

Mine is in the mail..drats, if anybody has received a swap from me you'll know I love 'tape'..well I taped it like crazy only to find out it had to be put in a large bubble envelope so didn't have to get carried away..said 4-6 days and my swap partner will have their windchimes...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2012
3:05 PM

Post #9016221

I Just check conf # & someone has a box at their front door Please check your door steps ...
would hate for it to be left in a storm .

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 22, 2012

Post #9016237

Could it be me, could it be me???

Off to check!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 22, 2012
3:11 PM

Post #9016239

Count me out, no package!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2012
3:21 PM

Post #9016255

sorry betty it is much farther south then you this time :) say did ya all check the

BEST OF THE BLARNEY – ST. PATRICKS DAY SWAP
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243603/

well off to play

susie
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2012
4:42 PM

Post #9016366

Beautiful quilt, Stu! And I love those dogs..they just look like they're full of attitude-but then, most little dogs are! My late DH always called the little breeds "wannabe dogs" LOL!

Well, Susie- I know it wasn't me, cause I picked mine up from the PO this afternoon :)

I love these..they're metal but are painted a distressed white- and you all know how I love the rustic look! This set is 3 feet long and I had to take 2 pics cause it's hard to see how they look in the long photo..love them.. thank you Kathy (warriorwisdomkathy)

Hey, Kathy- have you gotten a pic of your chimes yet? I'd love to see them and I know everyone else would too.

Thanks again for the chimes..can't wait to put them outside!

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell   Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 22, 2012
6:24 PM

Post #9016496

Love those chimes Chris!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2012
9:17 PM

Post #9016664

Very nice!,,

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 23, 2012
3:58 AM

Post #9016764

Ohhh and ahhh Chris, now the hard part, where will you display this lovely chime..

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 23, 2012
8:01 AM

Post #9017006

Chris ,, do I need to send you a conformation # for my box??

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2012
8:38 AM

Post #9017059

My conf# says it was left at the FRONT Door So If My Swap Buddy Uses their Back door More then the front as we do It could set there for days , & I sure do not want that to happen . what if he or she works all
day & dosen't get on the computer much.

am i just a worry wort ???? I Just don;t want to have to redo it all over again for i can;t there is no more like it .

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 23, 2012
8:45 AM

Post #9017069

Know you said it was way south of me but just incase this morning I looked on bed deck..lol Jusssttt incase you were teasing me!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2012
9:11 AM

Post #9017095

"Not me" ... lol That's the person that use to live at the house when my kids were young. Now it's ME! teehee

Awesome chimes Chris! Enjoy!

Betty, it was so cute. It had chimes in amidst little shovels, rakes, gloves, etc. It was adorable.

Didn't make it to town yesterday. Was just tooooo beautiful here. 75* I could hear Babe whinnying to me 'come on mom! let's go for a ride!' LOL Well, maybe not exactly, but we went for an hour and a half ride anyway. Was soooo nice!!!!! So, going to town today if I can get moving!

Going to be warm (but not like yesterday) here the rest of the week but strong winds. Like 25 mph. Isn't as pleasant riding when it is like that. Even when it is really warm

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2012
9:11 AM

Post #9017096

this was delivered by ups a few 1000's miles south of the canadian boarder
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2012
9:12 AM

Post #9017099

P.S. Susie, thanks for the plug for the St. Patricks Day Swap. :-)

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 23, 2012
11:32 AM

Post #9017226

Hello all. Sorry my pix isn't downloaded yet. Tried and something (me) not able to do so. I'm thinking I might have to either figure out how to do or get a camera that will easily download to this puter.

Heh crit...is my snow headed your way? Got 8.5" this morning, a quick dump and it's gone, headed south and eastward. I hope who ever gets it enjoys. Last night the news said 1-2", think they goofed.

Yeah...I got water in the kitchen again, yesterday. Two weeks without, was long enough. lol. Now I can quit hauling water or buying at the store. Now I need to have the snow melt off so I can get back to sanding (need to do some outdoors, cupboard doors).

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2012
1:55 PM

Post #9017376

Kathy is that a red or dk pink Bleeding heart I Want a Dark red one :)))

also If you have a digital camera with a card in it just remove the card slide it into a open slot USUALLY In The front of your PC it will altomatically got to your pictures then you can upload to here :)))
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2012
3:16 PM

Post #9017469

YEAH! A box was waiting for me when I got home! My swap partner is jab91864- Julie and she sent me the cutest little spinner/chime ever! Also in the box is a really cool orange worm plant stake (really like this guy!), orange butterfly tea light holder (definitely will use as I love candles) and seeds from the Lilly Auction! A super box! Thanks Julie! You 'done' good!

I took pictures but for some reason they are not posting...will try later to post those.

This message was edited Feb 23, 2012 6:17 PM
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2012
3:18 PM

Post #9017473

maybe if I try one at a time instead of all four at once.

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2012
3:19 PM

Post #9017475

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2012
3:19 PM

Post #9017477

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2012
3:20 PM

Post #9017479

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2012
3:22 PM

Post #9017481

The seeds are 'Abilene Nan' X 'Better Than Butter'...can't wait to plant them and get them growing to see what they look like! Thanks again Julie!

My box will go out tomorrow or Saturday morning...
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2012
3:29 PM

Post #9017483

I'm glad you liked your box and it arrived intact!!! I really liked the spinner on the chimes I thought it added a lil more zing to it.

I think I am going to start to soak my daylily seeds this weekend. I am going nuts waiting to "plant" something...lol.

Julie =0)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 23, 2012
3:30 PM

Post #9017485

Omg they are just too adorable!! The spinner will catch everyone's eye...so different!

Just cheched my swap envelope, yep it was able to fit. Lol. Now on USA side..

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 23, 2012
5:02 PM

Post #9017585

Dee.. is just plain Dicentra spectabalis, a pink one, (spring blooming). Isn't the red one, D. luxrient, the all summer bloomer?
I tried to find a port on my new 'puter (refurbished), but there isn't one. Tried to download to my laptop but not going to regular program, so I will stop at the 'puter store and have them help. Lol. I guess I'm still on the learning curve.

Gosh, it's snowing again, please someone else take it, please!!!! The 8.5" from this morning was quite enough!

Love the critter chimes, so cute.

Clan...I hope they bring you many many years of enjoyment and inspiration. Nature has a way of creating many beautiful songs, different with each breeze. Maybe the spirit of bach or mozart will visit, or even a garden fairy, so Enjoy!!! I know I will enjoy my new chimes with those thoughts in mind. Kathy. Pix: smily face.

This message was edited Feb 23, 2012 6:06 PM

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

February 24, 2012
6:36 AM

Post #9018106

Just to let my buddy know that I received my box. Unfortunately, I'm not home until the weekend to open it and find out who it's from. For my other Buddy, I will be sending out a Purchased windchime for now, so that you can here the tinkling until my quilts are all done and I get to sit down with the project I intended. So for you, there will be two sets of deliveries and double the tinkle.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 24, 2012
7:00 AM

Post #9018134

[quote="FLStu" double the tinkle.[/quote] LMBO . Sorry. That just hit me the wrong way this morning!

Kathy, we aren't going to get your snow, but we are getting rain Mon-Wed next week. That is what is left of the snow.

I got my buddies chimes yesterday. They are so cute! Even broke down and bought one for myself! Going to get them boxed up and take them to town to mail today. Also picked up some "green" stuff for the Best of the Blarney swap. Participants signing up now!

Have a beautiufl and blessed day everyone! Will be lurking to see if any other boxes arrive today.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 24, 2012
1:23 PM

Post #9018545

I got my box sent out today, and I forgot the darn card! Sorry buddy, but you will know who it is from when your box arrives.

I got my box today from Cindy! I LOVE my wind chime! it is a watering can, with little garden tools hanging from it, and it sounds so pretty. I also got a bag of clematis bulbs in the prettiest pink. Sure hope I can get them grow? And I also got 2 pretty humming bird hangers.
Cindy, thanks you so much for the wonderful box of goodies!

Thumbnail by taters55   Thumbnail by taters55

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 24, 2012
3:21 PM

Post #9018689

You are being spoilt Lindakay..indeed it's a swap box filled with treasures...watering can just too adorable, but then each and every windchimes is!!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

February 24, 2012
3:36 PM

Post #9018708

You're Welcome LK!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 24, 2012
3:52 PM

Post #9018724

Ok Come on LK If You cannot grow the clematis There you know darn well they will grow here & just incase you forgot my card you can make it up to me with the clematis :)))) way nice box but then you are very DESERVING ☺♥♥♥

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 24, 2012
3:55 PM

Post #9018728

Sorry Suzie.. I get first dibbs on the Clematis...lol

Nice Chimes!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 24, 2012
3:58 PM

Post #9018734

Kriss they Like COLDER Weather & cannot withstands Tornados Or Hurricanes right ???

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 24, 2012
4:00 PM

Post #9018740

All mine are doing just fine at the old house,, thank you very much,,,hee hee

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 24, 2012
4:52 PM

Post #9018806

:) I am going to do my best to get it to grow!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 24, 2012
5:33 PM

Post #9018864

well that settles that Kriss :) Guess we Lost out on this one :))) GN all

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 24, 2012
6:44 PM

Post #9018937

wow what great chimes coming in. Hope they sound as good as they look.

Has anyone heard from fruity lately?
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 24, 2012
6:50 PM

Post #9018943

Great job everyone! Sorry I haven't been on here for a couple of days.. been a really rough time for my family with some personal issues with my DD's creep of an ex :( And unfortunately, it's not over- but we'll stick together and get through it as we always have.

I'll get everyone updated up above.. I haven't heard from Fruity.. anybody else?

Hope things are ok with her! Miss Fruitness, please check in with us :)

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 24, 2012
7:28 PM

Post #9018993

I know somebody who got a box today.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 24, 2012
7:59 PM

Post #9019019

Lovely chimes being received.

Your quilt is beautiful, Stu. Such a labor of love making several more for trophies. And all the best showing your Brussels Griffon. We are partial to small dogs, too, and have a Yorkie.

Call off the hounds...lol...I'm here and am going to bed.

Everybody have a great week-end.

jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2012
5:51 AM

Post #9019243

Aaaaarrrrrggghhhhhh, somehow I messed up and screwed up and lost my post, so here goes again...lol.

Big thank you to Robynznest for a GREAT windchime swap!!!

I got TWO, yes TWO sets of chimes!!!!

First set is a very pretty sunflower flip flop chime that squeals summer fun!!!

Second set is a coppertone fairy that is absolutely beautiful.

I cannot wait for the snow to disappear so I can hang them outside to fill my garden with musical tones =0)

There was also a pair of work gloves (can never have too many gardening gloves) with the nubbies on the palms and fingers to grip better... those will be well used and welcome once I start grubbing around in the dirt. =0)

And last but not least there was a very cute pair of frog prince socks.

Thank you so very much for a GREAT swap!!!

It was a happy moment to come home from work dead tired and get that "zing" hey I've got a box of something good... =0)

Thumbnail by jab91864

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 25, 2012
7:13 AM

Post #9019340

You are so welcome. When I saw those flip flop chimes I had to get them not knowing who I was getting as my buddy. They just jumped out at me and said 'Bring on the warm weather'. And I thought if my buddy wanted certain thing then I could keep them myself. I was so glad when you said you wanted anything. I never have enough gloves, actually, I can never remember where I took the last pair off, so that I am buying them all the time during the summer.

The socks were a last minute present and I didn't pay any attention to the size until I got home. They are a bigger saize than most wear, but I thought since they are so light and airy, made of such lightweight material, that it is probably a good thing they are a little bigger that way they won't stretch too much and tear. Now watch your feet are probably so tiny you have to double over the toes before putting your shoes on. rofl.

Thank you for being my partner and I love the way you presented the pics, that was so cool.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 25, 2012
8:48 AM

Post #9019422

What cute, cute, cute chimes you all are getting!!!!!! I'm sorry to say my buddy will have to wait a bit longer. I called the P.O. this morning, and darn glad I did, to see what time they closed the window. They said the window is not open on Saturdays...grrrrrr, so I cannot mail until Monday. I'm so sorry.

Love the boxes. What cute little 'extra's' everyone is getting! I agree, can never have too many gloves OR gardening tools! I always seem to misplace my hand trowel and have to go hunting it or buy another. LOL

Since Susie earlier plugged my swap that I am taking sign ups for, I guess it is OK for me to repost it. lol If anyone wants to play, sign ups are until March 2nd. Come on over!

BEST OF THE BLARNEY – ST. PATRICKS DAY SWAP
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243603/

Think I will start going through my seed stash today to see what I want to ws and start inside. That alone will take me a couple of days! lol

Everyone have a great weekend and enjoy those terrific boxes! Good jobs girls!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 25, 2012
1:00 PM

Post #9019664

Betty ... let's try THREE DAYS for your package to arrive!!!!!!!! Woooohooooo!!!

After finally getting open a "mummy of a package", lol (YES GIRL, you dooooo love your tape!) I received these beautiful chimes from our dear Betty!!!! They are just fabulous and also a Cardinal on a twig held by a spring so it will jump up and down in the wind! lol I just LOVE Cardinals, they are so pretty! The WELCOME chimes with a trowel and ummmm, can't think of the name of it, soil loosener thingy with 3 prongs sound sooooo beautiful! They have a lovely deep tone which is just perfect! Thank you so very much Betty!!!!

Now, I have to ask you! You had posted in the morning of Feb. 22 that your package was going out at noon. I had described the cutest chime I saw with gardening tools on it at 11:28 a.m. Then you posted yours had gone out. Is this the "original chime" you chose, or did you actually 'find' one for lil ole me???
All I can say is you have good taste!!!! :-) Thank you again!!!! I'm thrilled!

Thumbnail by Crit

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2012
1:50 PM

Post #9019726

Such neat chimes being sent out to everyone..it amazes me every year the diversity of chimes that we all seem to find ..I don't think we've had a duplicate in the 4 years that I've done this. (now watch-one of you will make me a liar this year LOL)

good job so far..can't wait to see more! Of course, my poor buddy has to wait just a little longer, cause my box won't be going out til Monday. We were having a big push at work this week and I wound up working a total of 60 hours this week, so I didn't do much but come home and veg out!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 25, 2012
3:09 PM

Post #9019823

Oh Crit, those are so pretty, and 3 days from Canada has to be a record time limit?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 25, 2012

Post #9019825

Crit, I had already mailed it out and came back from lunch and read your post, actually d-mailed Chris the confirmation number and told her to read your last post..I was so laughing..just knew you would enjoy something similar..the day before I was at the Barrie mall and say the little birdie, just knew it had to be included.. Cannot believe it travelled all that way in such a short time..deep sound, loved it..who knows, might go back to garden gallery and get me one!! Ever do that?

Sitting here freezing in Joyride150..grandson turned 14 yesterday so I told him I would bring he and a friend the this trick bike indoor park 7,000 sq. ft bike park...braved a blizzard to get here, 125 miles, spend the day shopping while they ride and am now anxious to head home..told them 1/2 hr more and we leave..that means they rode/jumped for 7 hrs..they will be sore tomorrow..know I for one will not get out of my Jammie's...

Nice chimes so far

Glad they have wifi for my iPad here..

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2012
4:07 PM

Post #9019918

oh how nice Now I Hope my pal has found theirs & NOTHING Is Broken Please just post me a picture so I can show the guy @ The ups store & collect on the ins & will replace . so will you please let me know if so & Don't feel bad to tell me . it will be replaced .
well off to play in my seed robin :))) both are home & I'm love _N_It :)
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2012
4:32 AM

Post #9020310

OOOOOOoooooooooooooo those garden welcome chimes are cute!!!

Robynznest... lol, wish I could say the socks are too big but I am blessed with a wide foot so no they fit like a glove, so sagging and slipping off the heel.

Have a GREAT day !!!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2012
6:03 PM

Post #9021183

hey, guess what??! I'm now a homeowner! Woohoo! My realtor called me just a little while ago to say my offer was accepted and I'll be moving into my new place around May 1st :) IF the financing goes as planned LOL..

It's a kind of small place, but it is such a cute home that I couldn't resist. And wait till you see the gazebo! I can see me spending evenings out there with my margarita in hand!

And Betty- it's Blue with white trim and white picket fence..and a red door-- Red, White and Blue! I thought of you as soon as I realized that LOL

Here's a couple of pics of the outside..

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell   Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 26, 2012
6:14 PM

Post #9021201

Omg omg Chris, how wonderful..perfect!! You will have it looking like a dollhouse..the very best..see, nice things happen to nice people..am so excited for you..

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 26, 2012
6:24 PM

Post #9021207

Cris...that is sooo cute. But then I'm partial to the blue house, is almost the same shade I will be having put on the house in a month or so. And I love the red door, (hmmm, can I steel the red door thing, lol). Truely it is cute, I hope you're very happy and have many wonderful new memories. Wow, you'll be closing just about the time of last frost, yeahhhhh!!!! Will you be moving plants also or starting anew? Tell us more.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 26, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #9021217

Oh Chris, that is so cute! Congrats on being a new home owner!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 26, 2012
6:47 PM

Post #9021234

Congrats Chris, you deserve it and that margarita. I could so totally see myself in a place like that. I love the look it has. Country Victorian. with a cute cottage garden there under that window. Listen to me, I'm dreaming of me in that house, lol. I'm sure you will have great ideas for your new home. YEAH! YOU!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 27, 2012
2:52 AM

Post #9021461

And 'red' on the door signifies welcome! So when is open house?

You don't need big!! It will be filled with love and that is what counts
Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 27, 2012
3:56 AM

Post #9021483

Chris,
That is such a pretty house. I love the color.
Ok, buddy your package is going out today. I'm sorry I'm so late, two tests to study for especially the accounting test. I hope you like your new present.

Tina
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 27, 2012
5:29 AM

Post #9021579

Love that house Chris! I especially love the outdoor space in back! That is what we plan to do some point down the road!

My package is going out this AM to my buddy! A bit late but hopefully the contents will make up for the lateness!

Debbie

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

February 27, 2012
5:55 AM

Post #9021612

DeeJay9... I did receive the wonderful package and nothing was broken. Sorry gang, but I've been having increasing difficulty posting from home onto DG, so had to wait till today at work, and having difficulty sending a picture through the work system to attach for all to see. I'll get this figured out eventually and show everyone.

Deejay sent me a really neat Chime... very quirky and just up my alley made with suns, beads and tinkling chimes.. Not sure if it will be under the lanai or out in the garden yet. There was a painted and personalized flower pot with seeds as well as a mason jar decorated with ladybugs seeming to flit inside and a top that I think is a pin cushion. Included in the mix are straight pins with little flower heads that will be great when pinning my binding my quilts. Even the wrapping tissue was festooned with lady bugs. Dee Jay, it made me smile from ear to ear and took a bit asway from some stress that I'm going through lately. LOVE THEM ALL. Again, will post a picture when I can get things to line up.

My Buddy's box is going out into the mail today, so should be there in two to three days. Not handmade, but I really was drawn to the piece. Eventually, my buddy will get a second box once things calm down a bit. I have the compnents, just need them to magically put themselves together... right!!!.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

February 27, 2012
6:54 AM

Post #9021680

Chris!!! That house is so cute!! Congrats girl!!! But why can't you move in until May?? Seems an awful long time.

This message was edited Feb 27, 2012 8:33 AM

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 27, 2012
7:25 AM

Post #9021722

Chris my tracking says my windchime will be delivered today. Sure hope my buddy is home to get it!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 27, 2012
7:27 AM

Post #9021727

Mine too Kris, maybe they crossed paths on the road somewhere?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 27, 2012
7:30 AM

Post #9021735

Well mine headed west,, so maybe???
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 27, 2012
7:32 AM

Post #9021741

Chris ...ConGrAtuLAtions!!!! What an adorable house! Even though small, that will make it cozy. And I LOVE the back yard. Are those hosta I see already planted out there? Just ADORABLE!!!!

Going to town in a little bit to get my buddies package in the mail. Maybe with several going out today, it will still remain a mystery who their buddies are. lol

Stu... that chime sounds great! Can't wait until you can get your pictures to work so we can see!!!!

Don't forget about sign ups to the St. Patrick's swap if you are interested! Sign up ends Friday.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243603/#new

Have a great day all. A few more threads and I need to go to town!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 27, 2012
11:12 AM

Post #9022026

I HAVE CHIMES!!!!!

WILL POST PICTURES WHEN i GET BACK FROM THE STORE!!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

February 27, 2012
11:19 AM

Post #9022037

Well I got the most BEAUTIFUL wind chime...it has 6 little butterflies and lots of little flowers. Only thing is...don't know who it is from?????? But THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2012
11:31 AM

Post #9022052

Oh Cindy, that is so pretty, bet it sounds just as good too. No return address on the box?

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

February 27, 2012
12:49 PM

Post #9022158

It was sent from Trackside Candle in Forth worth TX

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 27, 2012
1:14 PM

Post #9022196

Cindy, maybe some elf sent it to you!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

February 27, 2012
1:41 PM

Post #9022239

Hmmmmm could be, went back and reread some of her posts. How funny if she is, she has gotten my name in the last two swaps I've been in, lol. But one thing for sure!!! She knows what I like :-)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 27, 2012
3:34 PM

Post #9022387

Elfie sitting in corner,,, very bad Elfie I sure am glad they did not come to my house as they would never have left here!!

As for my swap buddy. It was LK / Tatters,,,lol. She is just plain bad,,, sent me a note and said my swap buddy sure would like to know my new addy!!

I have not taken pictures ,,,YET!!
But here is what I received,,, A beautiful little fairy sitting on a leaf.. Just to cute!!,, and a really cool and unique double dragon wind chime!! I love both of them!! She also sent me some seeds and bulbs!!! I now have Puruvian Daffodils and Canna Piccasa!!!,seeds are 4 o'clocks and also sent me Assorted moring glory seeds.. I love everything and I will be a good girl and take pics as soon as the batteries are charges tonight.

Thanks Linda.. You are so special to me..sniff sniff!!!!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 27, 2012
5:01 PM

Post #9022502

Ok, let me see what I can answer here LOL. first off, thank you everyone..I could barely sleep last night cause I was so excited/scared/thrilled/terrified!

Betty, come on down! I'd love to have everyone here to see the house lol
Kathy, yes feel free to steal the red door idea..after all, it isn't my idea :)
Robin, you're the 2nd one to mention cottage gardening and I agree that this house just begs for one!
Tina, don't worry about it- mine's going out tomorrow LOL.. yep, the procrastination queen is living up to her title :-)
Stu, sounds like you got some good stuff there! Good for you :)
Cindy, it was my choice to wait..doing a VA loan, which takes a little time along -plus that gives me time to pack and that's when my lease is up..
And I love those chimes.. wow!

ok, I missed one somewhere- Hostas, yes they are around the tree and there's also one out front- can't wait to see what comes up this summer! There's an area out back that I need to find out about. Hard to describe but it really would be a great place for cannas .. and I'm FINALLY going to get to plant my coneflower seeds! Woohoo!!

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 27, 2012
5:37 PM

Post #9022549

I wanna come visit...
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 27, 2012
6:14 PM

Post #9022587

Good luck, Tina.

Me too, Elfie. That house is cute as a button, Chris. I love the colors, especially the red door and think of the possibilities on the white fence. We're all gonna help you fill up your gardens, and the pergola out back is just screaming for vines.

So, Cindy, does that mean the mystery still continues for you? Very nice chime. Elfie would have kept it for the copper...lol

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 27, 2012
7:34 PM

Post #9022675

it's so sad,, and so true.. That is why I begged them not to mail it to me.. was so scared poor Cindy would have no chimes...

So does that make me a good Elfie now???

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

February 27, 2012
8:22 PM

Post #9022733

LOL it sure does!!! :-)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 28, 2012
3:12 AM

Post #9022879

I do cottage gardening and it just adds the pizzazz of welcome to my garden!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2012
5:59 AM

Post #9023001

Just wishing chris a HAPPY BIRTHDAY Enjoy the day they only comes once a year :)))
are't we lucky :)))

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 28, 2012
6:18 AM

Post #9023036

Did someone say it's Chris' birthday, Have a happy one.

Fruity, I was thinking the same thing with the pergolla. I can see a sweet autuumn clematis or a lady banks back there or even a blazing red climbing rose. A couple of large pots at the corners with different tropicals and of course loads of chimes hanging down. I want a pergolla.
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2012
6:24 AM

Post #9023044

I will have a pergolla one of these days! I picture a wisteria climbing on mine!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 28, 2012
7:03 AM

Post #9023116

Happy Birthday Chris...enjoy all that comes with birthday celebrations...

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 28, 2012
11:08 AM

Post #9023360

Pictures of my wonderful swap chimes!!

Again,, Thanks LK!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2012
11:37 AM

Post #9023388

My buddies package is in flight and should land tomorrow. (Wednesday)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2012
11:46 AM

Post #9023399

Beautiful chimes there Elfie. I LOVE them! And those Peruvian Daffodils are so cool !!!!

I've been trying to organize my seed collection and see what I need to get started. The winter has been so mild here I haven't been able to do any wintersowing, so am going to do them in the house.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 28, 2012
12:13 PM

Post #9023434

wow Elf, what a swap box...windchime looks to me like a fairy elf?
Bet you've already got everything planted right?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 28, 2012
12:23 PM

Post #9023442

Kris, they are even better than the picture when I ordered them! So pretty!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 28, 2012
2:34 PM

Post #9023621

Nothing planted yet. Tomorrow I plan to get all my pots, soil and stuff from where the RV is on the pond and move them up to this site inbettween the rain drops!! Then I can start planting in all my pots!!.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 29, 2012
10:58 AM

Post #9024602

MINE just arrived & not just one But I Got THREE :))) I wish i could post a picture but i'm not on my desk top
& I Don't have my camera in here , as you all know my brother is haven surgery as i type so i have to stay in here with daddy so it might be a few days when i can get out to my house to up load pictures .
but crit i love them all they are purrrrr fect :)))
thank you so much . & I Will post the pictures as soon as i can .
susie

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 29, 2012
11:04 AM

Post #9024615

Sending prayers to your Brother Susie! Can't wait to see what you got!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 29, 2012
4:05 PM

Post #9025021

well i programed my camera on the lap top so that i could share with you all my three wind chimes along with a car freshener in witch she must have been in my car to know how bad i needed one :) along with some really smelly candles that i don't have to burn to enjoy the smell. one is paradise punch &Plumera, thenn there is the TULSA OKLAHOMA magnet & daddy loves the Hamlet candy bar , i can't have chocolate right now but it won't go to waste ;)
crit thank you for sharing these great wind chimes with me oh yes the front leg came of or broke off but i have some special clue to take care of it ;)
I love them off ty

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 29, 2012
4:14 PM

Post #9025036

Sending prayers for your brother along with those before me..

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 1, 2012
4:27 AM

Post #9025472

Love those wind homes Susie! Great job Crit!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2012
6:57 AM

Post #9025655

Prayers being sent up for your brother, Susie.

I'm so glad you like your chimes and other things! I thought you might be able to put a little T or something in the bench. :-) I forgot to put a tag on it, but the chocolate was for 'daddy', so I'm glad he is getting to enjoy it! Sorry the little leg came off, but as crafty as you are, I'm sure you can make it good as new!

Anyone interested in the St. Patricks Day swap, sign up is until 11:59 a.m. CST tomorrow, March 2nd.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243603/#new

Have a blessed day everyone!

This message was edited Mar 1, 2012 9:01 AM
Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 1, 2012
4:47 PM

Post #9026327

I got my box yesterday, thank you so very much irisluvr0252. You sent a wonderful box. She sent me
a garden flag with ladybugs and colored flowers
milk and truffle chocolates...YUMMY
2 decorative birds, 1 red and 1 blue
and the most wonderful windchime that has a gazing ball on top.
It looks like the gazing ball that one of my daycare kids broke a few years ago and I haven't replaced yet. That was the perfect chime for me so once again thank you so very much. my dh liked it so much it didn't make it into the house, he hung it right away. I will take pictures tomorrow.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2012
5:23 PM

Post #9026369

Lovely chimes rolling in. Your goodies sound so beautiful, Tina. How are your classes going?

Robin, I'm really worried about you after seeing the tornadoes that hit so close to you. All I can do is hope and pray you and your loved ones are safe.

Edited to ask if anyone's heard from her?

This message was edited Mar 1, 2012 8:25 PM

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 1, 2012
5:59 PM

Post #9026421

I'm here Mz Fruity, sick as a dog but ok. One of the tornados hit about 10 miles from us, another hit about 2 miles from my daughter and her family. We're gearing up for round 2 tonite. Hopefully it won't be as bad. I much rather have this bad weather during the day so I can watch it.

I received my box today from Stu. I couldn't even rip it open, I was so weak, so dh did it. I got this really cool card with dogs in the front that is like it's done in ink. Everything was wrapped so nice and neat, I need to learn how to do that I just stuff and stuff till nothing moves. lol. The first thing I open is a pack of napkins that says 'If the Shoe Fits, Buy One in Each Color'. DH laughed at that one, he knows how much I hate to shop, unless it's in the garden section. The next package I open has the most adorable little piggie in it. Her name is Penelope and she has the most perfect set of wings so she can fly. (You can imagine the roll of the eyes from the other half) Then come this wonderful chime. It's a gold antique looking metal in the shape of a heart with beads and bells hanging from the bottom. So neat by this time I'm dancing in the kitchen, dh is asking why and I couldn't lie I needed to go to the little girl's room but I couldn't tear myself away from the box. I open another package and there is a quilt magazine with tip on how to do pieced borders right. I don't know how you knew that I quilt, but this is going to be a big help. I mostly do the 'Amana' type quilts, now I can venture out to other kinds.

Stu this has been an amazing box, the chimes are perfect for me, I love it all. Miss Penelope is going to have a special place with all my pie birds so she can fly with them. I will take a pic tomorrow. I had the battery pack plugged into the wall socket and when I went to get the batteries out to put in the camera, they weren't charged so I moved them to a different place and now they are charging. Turned out the socket was bad. Good thing I know someone who can fix that problem.

Anyway I will get a pic first thing in the morning, Thank you so much Stu, I do love it all. This is more than enough, I know you said you would send a handmade one later on, I won't say it would not be appreciated cause it most certainly will. It isn't neccessary. this is a great box. Thank you.

BTW, I did finally get to go potty. lol
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2012
6:11 PM

Post #9026439

I'm breathing a sigh of relief for you and your loved ones that Round 1 is over and can only hope Round 2 tonight totally passes you. We have nasty storms predicted in the wee hours Saturday morning that include the "T" word. You take care of yourself, feel better soon, and enjoy your box from Stu! Very thoughtful gifts, I might add.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 2, 2012
8:09 AM

Post #9026933

Feeling better today a little anyway. No major bad storms last night around here anyway. Lookout for what is coming at ya'll today and tomorrow.

As promised here are the pics. First is the card. so cute. then the chimes magazine and napkins and Miss Penelope.
I tried to get a little better pic of the pig, hope it can be seen. Thank you so much Stu.

Thumbnail by Robynznest   Thumbnail by Robynznest   Thumbnail by Robynznest

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2012
8:09 AM

Post #9026934

GREAT goodies Robin!!!! Good job Stu!

This message was edited Mar 2, 2012 10:10 AM

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

March 2, 2012
9:22 AM

Post #9027018

Oh WOW how kewl that Wind chime is!!! LOVE IT!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 2, 2012
1:25 PM

Post #9027282

Love your wind chimes and other pressies! Great job Stu!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2012
2:47 PM

Post #9028558

My turn!

There is a Bear and Bird theme to the awesome box of pure goodness I received from our gracious Hostess and my friend, Missy Clan! Before I could even think about ripping open the box, I had to follow very specific instructions about which end or side to open or not to open. I kept turned the thing around and over and was convinced you were pulling my leg, Chris..lol Finally found the correct end.

First thing I saw was this note card with Bears wearing flower necklaces relaxing as they’re surrounded by Bluebirds and birdhouses.

Next is a Gardener’s Guardian Angel pin which is an Angel sitting atop a watering can. Heavy pin for its size and may be brass. The card says, “The gardener’s guardian angel will protect you as you toil, help grow a beautiful garden, and give nutrients to your soil.” I should wear the pin on my visors while I’m out there working this year. Might save it, though, and wear it to our Spring RU, Chris, so you will be with me in spirit.

We were talking on another thread, I think, about what types of flags I could use between Winter and Spring and this sweet “Honey” Bear holding bouquets of flowers with lots of buzzing bees fits the bill perfectly.

The Hummingbirds windsock is already getting a workout!

The acrylic bead hanging I decided to put on a stake and use it as a plant poke in a pot of houseplants. The piece rotated a bit as I snapped the pic, but the green shape is a Butterfly.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2012
2:52 PM

Post #9028565

Next are brightly colored, delicate Shell chimes with a woven top that reminds me of a beach hut. Now who doesn’t know by now how much I love anything beachy? The windsail in there somewhere is a Parrot.

Saved the best for last! Nicely decorated with feathers, this chime has a gorgeous Bluebird, Blue Jay, and a Bunting. Bell-shaped bird feeders at the ends look like the real things, as do the birds. Chris, this is more a work of art and only hung it in our Cherry tree for the photos, but hubby is going to put an eyehook in the ceiling on our back porch where it will hang without worrying the winds will rip it apart.

You can be my "birds of a feather" friend anytime! Love the thought you put into my goodies and you too!

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 3, 2012
3:11 PM

Post #9028582

Holy/holy/holy...talk about a box of wonderful goodies..actually there was enough in your box that all of us could have been accommodated n this swap!!! Wow, double wow!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 3, 2012
3:22 PM

Post #9028595

Wow, Chris you sent a wonderful box to our Miss Fruity! Beautiful!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 3, 2012
5:42 PM

Post #9028797

Very nice indeed!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2012
5:54 PM

Post #9028815

Beautiful chimes and other goodies. You really did a great job Chirs. Fruity, you are one lucky swapee!!!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

March 4, 2012
11:25 AM

Post #9029612

Oh, I'm so glad you got the box and like the things I picked out! Actually, all but the big chime and the honey bear flag I already had put in my goodies box that I collect as I'm out and about, so most of the items were already here and just waiting to be sent in a swap :)

About the box LOL.. I wanted to make sure that you opened where the card was, cause I had things kinda hidden here and there. So I marked that end first.. then I thought- well, heck, she may not see that end and open somewhere else first, so I marked the other side.. then thought.. that may not work either, so I marked another side.. and that's when the devil took over and I wrote on every side of that silly box LOL..

I knew you'd love the little messages I left on each side :-)

And I was sure tempted to keep that bird chime..I've never seen one like that before!

Hugs to you, my friend!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

March 4, 2012
11:32 AM

Post #9029618

WOW- just realized how long this thread is getting.. sorry about that! :)

Come over to the new thread ------

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1245117/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America