Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Handyman: Ideas for tire swing, when ya don't have a tree?

Communities > Forums > Handyman
bookmark
Forum: HandymanReplies: 1, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
FrillyLily
springfield area, MO
(Zone 5b)

February 1, 2012
8:54 PM

Post #8991558

My daughter wants a tire swing, and we have a tree where we are renting right now. But we will be moving to a place that does not have any trees. So I would like to put up something now, that we can take with us and use there. But no tree. So any ideas on how to set one up without spending too much. I read somewhere that you could use a swing set frame, but would it be strong enough? And it might look tacky? I would love to see any pictures of tire swings you may have.

Thank you

ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

February 5, 2012
2:46 AM

Post #8995163

An old swing frame would be perfect. You could get an old child's swing frame from someone on Freecycle or Freesharing, I'm sure. I see them occasionally on ours. Then you could have multiply tire swings on it so your daughter and her friends could all swing.

And instead of just an ordinary tire swing, you could make a pony tire swing. Then you might paint the swing frame some bright carousel colors or maybe paint it to fit in with your gardens, maybe to look like ivy or something is growing on it.

Here are the instructions for cutting the pony out of the tire:

http://davesgarden.com/files/Pony_Tire_Swing/

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Handyman Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Easy "Water Pic" Hole Digger roadrunner 20 Apr 11, 2008 3:43 AM
My rain water harvesting pics Dinu 24 Mar 31, 2009 4:28 PM
a peculiar bookcase (Horseshoe, have a look!!) dpmichael 56 Mar 17, 2007 6:57 PM
concrete stain crestedchik 7 May 30, 2007 4:27 AM
hard to move sliding glass door Janiejoy 10 Jul 9, 2009 3:37 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America