Photo by Melody

Article: Non-Draining Decorative Containers: Watery Tombs for Seasonal Plants: New gizmo works!

Communities > Forums > Article: Non-Draining Decorative Containers: Watery Tombs for Seasonal Plants
bookmark
Forum: Article: Non-Draining Decorative Containers: Watery Tombs for Seasonal PlantsReplies: 1, Views: 4
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bariolio
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 1, 2012
10:04 PM

Post #8991597

I just got an inexpensive moisture meter to better care for my houseplants. I have a Swedish Ivy in a non-draining container and I'm hoping this meter will help me keep it alive! Thanks for your great article! Janet
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

February 2, 2012
1:22 PM

Post #8992347

Thanks, Janet! I'm glad you found the article informative. I would suggest that along with your moisture meter, you begin to place your fingertip on top of the soil of your Swedish Ivy and develop a tactile sense of when the soil is drying out, combined with a visual check for the color and texture of the soil at the top of the pot. You can compare your sensory perceptions to what the moisture meter is telling you and begin to "calibrate" your touch and sight so that you will have a good sense of when the plant needs water.

Some people talk to their plants. I find it more important to be a good listener. LOL They will give you lots of visual and sensory cues to let you know their needs.

Happy Gardening!

Jeremy

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Non-Draining Decorative Containers: Watery Tombs for Seasonal Plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
WOW! doccat5 10 Jan 2, 2008 1:15 PM
Great! MitchF 3 Jan 1, 2008 9:11 PM
Hydrogen peroxide a solution? tabasco 7 Jan 30, 2012 2:12 PM
African Violets Codered1 1 Jan 25, 2010 4:36 PM
Thanks CLScott 1 Jan 27, 2012 2:18 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America