Daily Bird Pictures, Vol. 431

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Happy February everyone.

We came from Vol. 430, with some really nice sightings: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1239504/

Maybe a sign of early spring? A Yellow-bellied Sapsucker showed up the other day. He was only here for the day, but came to the suet several times that day.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed

He's so pretty.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed

Still waiting for Redpolls (had one already) on the nijer, but mostly just these cuties.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed

This is not a great photo, but a fun one for me. This is taken locally, about a mile from my house. Seven Bald Eagles in this tree and at least that much all around the area. It was fun to watch their antics and hear therm.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Norman, OK

Beautiful bird, Mrs. Ed. I still have a female terrorizing the trees in my yard. I'm ready for her to head back north.

A Spotted Towee from the Wichita Mountains trip. I have some pics on my Flickr stream, search 'reddirtpics'.

Thumbnail by reddirtretiree
Marlton, NJ

Beautiful shot Marna! Thanks for starting the new thread!

Sweet Towhee red!

Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow Mrs. Ed, 7 Bald Eagles! I think I'd have a heart attack on the spot! Beautiful sapsucker pics. Just an all around great start!

Red, nice one! The Spotted Towhee is the one that I'm missing and everyone says that it's supposed to be the easiest to see around here! I always do things backwards. Love you pic.

Cuyahoga Falls, OH(Zone 5a)

Mrs_Ed - The sapsucker is so pretty ! Looks like a plush toy :)

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Pretty sapsucker......and I would just died to see 7 eagles in a tree! Greta start Mrs. Ed!

Red, want to say your Mountain BB on the last thread was nice to see!! Not one that gets posted much!

Mount Pleasant Mills, PA(Zone 5a)

Love the Sapsucker and the Eagles Mrs. Ed. Great start to the thread.

PERTH, Australia

Beautiful shots of the Sapsucker, Mrs Ed. I can only imagine what it would be like to see a single Bald Eagle, let alone 7 of them in the one tree.

Love that Towhee, Red. BTW, red, I agree with your comment about the Muscovy ducks from a couple of threads back. They are gorgeous ducks - except when broody, when they become mean and evil killer ducks. LOL

Melbourne, FL

Baltimore Oriole in a rather ugly setting.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Female Painted Bunting.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Male Painted Bunting.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Indigo Bunting.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Male Painted Bunting in the shrubbery. Can't see the whole bird, but what amazing colors.

Thumbnail by gardenpom

Beautiful Buntings gardenpom. I love seeing them.

Norman, OK

Enjoyed the buntings. I always look forward to their return here. A Red-bellied WP in the Wichita Mountains the other day. Late in the day, his body was in the shade and the sun just across his head. Had to add a little fill light to make his body detail visible.

Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

Lily, in that last thread, cute phoebe.

Red, love that mountain bluebird. Cute towhee and wp on the new thread.

Mrs Ed, thank you for the new start. That sapsucker is so beautiful. Wow, 7 eagles would be awesome to see at once-good for you.

GP, cute oriole and the buntings are so colorful-wow.

Got this closeup of a red-winged blackbird through the window.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

This female house sparrow didn't know what to make of me through the window.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

Here's an oak titmouse.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Norman, OK

I can't recall if I posted this pic here or not, but worth looking at if you like lots of eagles. Taken a couple of months ago on the OK/AR line. A temporary gathering of over 200 eagles. There are 60+ visible in this shot.

Downy and White Breasted Nuthatch having suet on a cloudy day.

Thumbnail by GrannyGrunt

Bookends?

Thumbnail by GrannyGrunt

Male Cardinal enjoying Safflower seeds.

Thumbnail by GrannyGrunt
Melbourne, FL

That Eagle-filled tree is amazing.

Yah!!!! Looks like Red wins the Eagles in the Tree award. Good Gravy, it looks like you live in Alaska!

I'm still amazed to see these things fly right over my head!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Indeed, Red won with that Eagles shot! But yours also are lovely, Mrs. Ed. Thank you for a nice start with that handsome sapsucker. Wonderful shots everyone, Duc your Redwinged Blackbird looks serious, lol GG, I love your "Bookends" photos!. The cardinal looks soooo bright, I need to wear shade to look at the good looking fella. gp, your buntings are so beautiful, I hope to get to see some in the near future.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Eastern Blue Birds. These fellas who frequent our Island is being harassed by the Mockers in our area.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

King of the Hill errr the Island!

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

Red, cool shot with all the eagles.

Granny cute photos of all your little ones.

Lily, sorry to hear your mocker is so mean to the bbs. Both are such pretty birds.

This spotted towhee was taking in some warm sun rays.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

This downy woodpecker is staying in the trees rather than coming to the peanut butter log, hopefully it will come closer soon.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

Here's a red-winged blackbird.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Norman, OK

Those eagles gathering were probably a once in a life time deal for me. Right place at the right time. But rest assured I'll check again about the same time next year.

That cardinal is brilliant, Granny. Lily, I had mockingbirds nesting in the back yard last year with the bluebirds and I often had to referee, but they finally sorted things out. I didn't want the mockers on the mealworms, so would wait until the BB's were there and just put a few out and remain out there while they ate them. Mockers moved to the front yard for a second brood, but have been gone all winter.

Another somewhat rare bird for Oklahoma from my trip to the Wichita Mountains last week. Canyon Wren.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks Duc and Red for your feedback. Especially Red's tips on training BBs to come in the garden at meal time. Red my BBs are so shy, but the mockers are so bold. I'm trying to offer BBs meallies but currently the Carolina Wrens are the lucky benefactors of the offering while the mockers busy chasing the BBs away.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

WOO HOO Lily Love. Look at that Magnolia about to bloom.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

I had written comments for everyone, and lost it all. A great assortement, you have all shared, and very nice too.
Mrs-Ed,Your Yellow-bellied Sapsucker is very lovely, a great bird to start off with.

A Mourning Dove from my bathroom window.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

More Goldfinches have showed up, latelly.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

And this Starlings is checking to see if I'm still there, with my camera.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Would it help, if I had a picture showing the Starling? lol

Thumbnail by burn_2007

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.