Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Daturas: Growing daturas in Hattiesburg Mississippi

Communities > Forums > Daturas
bookmark
Forum: DaturasReplies: 4, Views: 102
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
frankandjoyce
Hattiesburg, MS

February 4, 2012
10:50 AM

Post #8994474

Attached is a photo of a white datura plant that has resided in this spot for about five years now. It is aginst the northside of the house and comes back each year. Usually I have to dig out some sprouts each year because it grows new plants from dropped seed. The record for a single nights bloom, so far, is 94 blooms. I can assure you the yard has a wonderful aroma on the evenings when there are 20 or more blooms. I am wanting to interplant a couple of colored species to add to the beauty of this wonderful plant.

Thumbnail by frankandjoyce
Click the image for an enlarged view.

trackinsand

trackinsand
mid central, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 22, 2013
5:01 PM

Post #9608778

that is really beautiful. seems sad to see that there were 77 views of this picture yet not one commented on such a healthy plant that you obviously are very proud of...and rightly so.
festivus40
Lovington, IL

July 23, 2013
8:46 AM

Post #9609407

That is one happy, healthy plant you have. It is absolutely gorgeous!
tlm1
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 23, 2013
9:30 AM

Post #9609446

AAHHH! I can almost smell that from here! It is stunning! Mine is in a container, and maybe that's part of the problem I'm having with itů Looks like I may have to search out a spot in the garden.

trackinsand

trackinsand
mid central, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 23, 2013
11:44 AM

Post #9609577

i think i need to make room for one!
i had it in my head that these were annuals for some reason...i never thought to try one though i've always loved them.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Daturas Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Attention Datura Growers... MaVieRose 137 Jul 31, 2008 4:40 AM
ID Please ...Datura Wrightii ?? judycooksey 21 Jun 4, 2008 9:37 AM
List of Datura Species Clare_CA 61 Aug 14, 2012 9:09 PM
Datura 'Black Currant Swirl'? ErickMN 20 Jul 18, 2008 3:55 PM
Pot Size Question baileykat 31 Jun 18, 2008 3:10 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America