Photo by Melody

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: INTEREST THREAD PERENNIAL PLANT SWAP 'APRIL TILL SEPT "

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 245, Views: 1,613
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 5, 2012
1:40 PM

Post #8995737

WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE A WAY OF ADDING MORE NEW PLANTS TO YOUR GARDENS FOR JUST THE COST OF POSTAGE :)
POSTAGE IS WHAT IT COST YOU TO SEND TO ANOTHER GARDEN FRIEND ; HOW COOL IS THAT .

EACH MONTH WE WILL SHARE 5-6 NICE SIZE PLANTS AS YOU WOULD LIKE TO FIND IN A NURSERY IF YOU WAS TO GO BUY THEM.
THEY MUST BE LIVE HEALTHY PLANTS ,

I WOULD LIKE TO FIND AT LEASE 12 PEOPLE , YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SIGN UP FOR EVERY MONTH BUT YOU MUST SEND IN THE MONTH
YOU SIGN UP TO SEND .

APRIL WILL BE OUR 1ST MONTH TO SHARE PLANTS THERE IS REALLY NO LIMIT AS TO HOW MANY YOU CAN SHARE AS LONG AS YOU SHARE NO LESS THEN 5 .

YOU WILL BE ABLE TO LIST THE TYPES OF PLANTS YOUR LOOKING FOR . & WHAT YOU DO NOT WANT :)

USUALLY I CAN FIT 6- 12 PLANTS IN A LARGE FLATE RATE SIZE BOX & IT COST ABOUT $8-$11. PENDING ON WHERE IT GOES.
I DO NOT USE THE FLATE RATE FOR THEN IT COST MORE , BUT YOU CAN FIND NICE BOXES FROM LOCAL STORES & THEY MAIL CHEAPER SOMETIMES THEN THE FLAT RATE BOXES DO.

THIS WILL GIVE US ALL TIME TO CHAT ABOUT THE TYPE OF PLANTS WE HAVE HOW THEY GROW IN OUR ZONE & IF OTHERS WOULD LIKE TO TRY THEM .
SOME PLANTS CAN BE INVASIVE IN SOME AREAS SO KEEP THAT IN MIND ALSO .

PLEASE SEEDLINGS DO NOT OR WILL NOT COUNT AS A PLANT . BUT CAN BE SHARED . LET US KNOW WHAT TYPE OF PLANTS YOU WANT TO GROW . HOPE YOU WILL STOP IN & CHAT WITH US .
SUSIE

P.S
We Do NOT Expect you to send every month but just the ones you sign up for this is just a great way to add more plants to your landscape @ a cheaper Cost then Ordering them :)

also just wanted to mention I Do Not Mean to sound rude or Mean in anyway but if anyone has had More then
3 NEG FEED BACK They will Not be able to JOIN UNLESS They send Their Box 1st & It checks out ok .
I'm Sorry I Do not like to turn anyone away Nor do I Like to Judge anyone , But I Do Check Just so I can make this a fun &
Safe trade for everyone .

MEMBERS

DEEJAY9/SUSIE
FRUITOFTHEVINE/SUSAN
PAINTEDACRES/JILL
WARRIORSWISDOMKATHY/KATHY
GOLDHILLAL/
MINNESIPPI/ STEPHINE
CRIT/PATTI
TINA_A/TINA
OUTLAWHEART81 / KELLY
CZIMMERMAN00 /CHRISTINE
POISONDARTFROG / ALANA
RICKCOREY_WA / COREY-------MAYBE
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
MUD_ELF
SCBUTTERCUP /
HAPPGARDEN
CVILLE_GARDENER/CAROL
BLUESPIRAL / KAREN
CHEERMOM /
OBERON46 /
CHELLFLOWER

NEW WANT & HAVE LIST THREAD : NO CHAT PLEASE

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243397/

WISH LIST

DEEJAY9
DAYLILIES -- ONES I DON'T HAVE ON MY TRADE PAGE
IRISES ---ANY I DON'T HAVE
SIBERIAN OR JAPANESE IRISES
DIANTHUS
CONEFLOWERS
BULBS
DAISY'S
MUMS
CONEFLOWERS
BRUGS DBLS OR TRIPLES
RHODODENDRON ROOTED CUTTING REALLY WELCOME I HAVE NONE
AZALEAS --- I HAVE ONE RED ONE
FOTV
Tall Garden Phlox
Bearded Irises.
Agastaches,
Salvias,
Lilies,
Daylilies.
PAINTEDACRES

WARRIORSWIADOMKATHY
Phlox other than david white
Dwarf named iris;
Daylilies, pink, red or purples;
Alstromeria Sweet Laura (Z5);
Aruncus;
Campanula Chettle Charm or C. punctata
Cherry Bells
p. Pantaloons;
Bergenia;
Cimicifuga (any);
Dicentra spectabalis or any of the formosas;
Digitalis p. Pam's choice or Pam's Split;
Heuchera or heucherella (any);
Rodgersia (any);
Sanguisorba obtusa (Burnet);
Lilies (no orange), any of the Trumpets
Orientals, O.T.s, L.A.Hybrids;
Lily of the Valley ;
Veronicastrum (want the blue variety).
GOLDHILLAL
MINNESIPPI
CRIT
Scented Geranium. I have Citrnella
Ivy (trailing) geranium
Carniverous plants
Scented/flavored herbs.
Any sweet smelling flower gardenia, jasmine, tuberose.
All colors of iris, regular and fancy.
Hummer and B'fly attractors & hosts
Day Lillies
Lily (especially the very fragrent ones)
Hosta's
Shrimp plants
Lolipop plants
Any kind of unusual plants like the 2 above
Ferns
Hibiscus, double and single.
Dahlia's
Agastache (sp. wrong)
Coneflowers
Columbine
Penstemon
Intersting tropicals & unusual plants (inside or outside)
Surprise me!!!!!
TINA_A
OUTLAWHEART81
CZIMMERMAN00
Coneflowers other then white or purple
other heuchera
ferns
cimifuga
clematis
ligularia
rose
cimifuga
coneflower other then purple or white
Zebra grass or maiden grass

pretty much anything!
POISONDARTFROG
Cannas
Dahlias
Iris, all but one species
Daylilies
Hibiscus
Lilies, any kind
Surprises

RICKCOREY_WA
DIAMOND9192002
MUD_ELF
WOULD LIKE ALL TYPES OF BULBS FOR HER ZONE
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN
Asiatic, Orientals and LA lilies
Named daylilies
Tiarellas
Clematis
Cannas
Dahlias
Phlox
Columbine
Geraniums
Hostas
Peonies
Agastaches
Heucheras
Siberian, Louisiana, Japanese & Bearded Irises
***************************************************************************************
SCBUTTERCUP Z8
Lilies of the valley
Lenten rose
scented geraniums (rose or citrus especially)
Anything fun for my mostly sunny 5b yard, with dry shade
surprise me (except no cannas please)
*******************************************************************************************************************************
CVILLE_GARDENENER/CAROL
I would love some of the Sweet Dame's Rocket. ♥♥♥
And other heavy reseeders. Things that would be good in a Mesic prairie or pine barrens ... or a meadow.
Anything on my DG Wants List, ornamental grasses, daffodils, lilies, crinums, hardy passiflora, clematis.
***********************************************************************************************************************************

This message was edited Feb 19, 2012 4:58 PM

This message was edited Feb 20, 2012 9:37 AM

This message was edited Feb 24, 2012 7:01 PM

This message was edited Mar 13, 2012 11:35 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9
Click the image for an enlarged view.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 5, 2012
5:32 PM

Post #8995954

What a cute gardening girl you found there, Susie, and a great idea to bring back monthly plant swaps. Any perennial is fine with me. To name just a couple I'm shy on are Tall Garden Phlox and Bearded Irises. I'm always interested in adding Agastaches, Salvias, Lilies, and more Daylilies.

Would you please sign me for April to start?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 6, 2012
6:12 AM

Post #8996406

Now How Did I KNOW you would be the 1st :) I Sure hope you & I also get a chance to swap this year I Have a few on your list to share .I figure A Gardener can Have Just SO MUCH As far as TOOLS < BOOKS< & Hand Cream .

Now Its Time to GET down & Dirty with NEW PLANTS :) I have My Brother here 24/7 with me this year So I Know we will get much planted . well Welcome aboard Fruity I Know Others will Join us when they get there GARDEN GLOVES OUT :)))

We can edit our 1st post as we find Plants we would like to add then when it is time To start trading we can Move them over RIGHT ????

As You All Know I Love ANYTHING I DON"T HAVE :) HEHE

DAYLILIES
IRISES
DIANTHUS
CONEFLOWERS
BULBS
DAISY'S
MUMS
EVEN PLANTS I DON'T KNOW I MIGHT LIKE TILL YOU SHARE WITH ME :)
PaintedAcres
Weatherby, MO
(Zone 5a)

February 6, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #8997313

Hi - I'm very interested, but will need more information. I'm new here, but garden quite a bit. I have many many Daylilies, Bearded Iris and Siberian Iris, as well as some ornamental grasses and a few Hostas. If you'll bear with me as I learn the ropes here, I'd love to join up.

Jill

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 6, 2012
6:51 PM

Post #8997335

I want in!!!! Not sure if I can start in April yet, might have to wait and see what the weather is like (still a snow month and we are above avg. so far this winter every month). May and onward is a definate. Will probably edit later to add more of what I want. LOL.

Phlox other than david white such as paniculatas and divaricatas; Dwarf named iris; Daylilies, pink, red or purples; Alstromeria Sweet Laura (Z5); Aruncus; Campanula Chettle Charm or C. punctata Cherry Bells or p. Pantaloons; Bergenia; Cimicifuga (any); Dicentra spectabalis or any of the formosas; Digitalis p. Pam's choice or Pam's Split; Heuchera or heucherella (any); Rodgersia (any); Sanguisorba obtusa (Burnet); Lilies (no orange), any of the Trumpets would be treasured, Orientals, O.T.s, L.A.Hybrids; Lily of the Valley ; Veronicastrum (want the blue variety).

Those are a few of my wants, I'm quite sure there are others.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Click an image for an enlarged view.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

February 6, 2012
8:30 PM

Post #8997455

Please explain plant seedlings

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

February 6, 2012
8:31 PM

Post #8997457

Oh, I guess that means to send divisions.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 6, 2012
8:55 PM

Post #8997468

I want in - not sure what month or what I want - but I want in :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 7, 2012
6:23 AM

Post #8997722

Gm & welcome as soon as i can go get on my other computer i will add your names & fill you all in on more details had to type much on this one with missing keys :) so will be back later with more info .

if you have question please feel free to ask i will then answer the best i can . back later
susie
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 7, 2012
9:49 AM

Post #8997954

I want in too!!! Just saw this on the Trades forum. Won't be able to do every month but maybe a few. I'll let you know when I have things to trade and want in on a month's. Here are a few of the things I would like to have, but would enjoy plants not listed that I'm not familiar with but you like in your garden/house. I have more shade than sun in my gardens. I really need some plants that do good in all shade and doppled sun/shade

Scented Geranium. I have Citrnella
Ivy (trailing) geranium
Carniverous plants
Scented/flavored herbs.
Any sweet smelling flower gardenia, jasmine, tuberose.
All colors of iris, regular and fancy.
Hummer and B'fly attractors & hosts
Day Lillies
Lily (especially the very fragrent ones)
Hosta's
Shrimp plants
Lolipop plants
Any kind of unusual plants like the 2 above
Ferns
Hibiscus, double and single.
Dahlia's
Agastache (sp. wrong)
Coneflowers
Columbine
Penstemon
Intersting tropicals & unusual plants (inside or outside)
Surprise me!!!!!

Thanks DJ!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 7, 2012
11:28 AM

Post #8998049

WELCOME ALL where to begin let me start with
paintedacres/jill ---interested, but will need more information

each month I will draw names match each other up with a person to share plants with . Usually you will not be sending to the same person that will be sending to you . So no chance of sendint the same type of Plants .

it would be much easier if you could put a list of your likes or dislikes Here On This Link
(COMING SOON)
This way the link will be at the top of our FORUM so when you are sending plants to someone you can tell pretty much what they
would like .

It would also BE VERY HELPFUL If You Update your trade page as to what you already have Such as if you have Named Daylilies & Want more we don't what to send what you might already have . Just a suggestion .

all i ask is when you sign up to a month to send That you will please hold up your end & Send on time your membership HAS TO BE PAID Up , Please send me your Name & MAILING ADDRESS if you are not in the Address exchange .

We don't expect you to dig up a plant & send the whole plant :) but if it is Big enough to divide & Share we ask that the roots are washed & Wrapped for protection.

we try to find at lease 1-2 plants that our partner has on their list of wants .
we ask that all plants are marked as to what they are .

Goldhillal : you ask what are seedling I'm talking about Little plugs plants that you might start from seeds , you can share them
with your partner if you like as extras , but this swap is for Nice Mature type plants that you can buy from a Nursery but they come from your gardens :))))

cuttings are not considered a plant , but you can share them as extra as long as you ask your partner .

this will not be a secret swap you will know who is sending to you & Who you are sending to .
there will be NO GIFTS Other then PLANTS .

you can share as many plants as you can fit in a large flat rate or med flat rate

well i have to get back in with daddy you all have a great day ask away if you have more questions we are here.
susan or crit can help :)))) also
Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 7, 2012
8:47 PM

Post #8998608

I want in too please. I'm not sure which months I will be able to participate, but definitely want to.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 8, 2012
5:45 AM

Post #8998854

welcome Tina_A you can pick & choose the month you want to play all i ask is that everyone who signs up for a month they will keep track of the forum as often as they can so that if i or their partner has questions for them about plants they can be answered .

you can ask a few who have traded with us before we are looking for health plants to add to our gardens & I Must remind some that there are some PERENNIAL'S as you all know do not like to be uprooted when they have not bloomed so yes they will or may WiLT & look very dead but keep in mind that as long as it is planted watered & left alone it will come back the next year , as long as you get it in the ground & watered.

I Think one report i got when i held these swaps was that a gal sent 1/2 her garden dirt in her box to her partner for the plants were not washed off , & Not wraped & nothing marked as to the name of what she sent. the receiver was not happy with the gals dirt or plants for they were also small .

i do not want anyone to be disappointed . as you all know with the cost of postage & plant it is very expensive by time you pay $7-$14.Per plant then $15, postage that is allot. this way you are paying just for the postage to share your plants so to get GREAT PLants You need to send Great plants .

Not sure how the rest of you feel but i would be willing to pay $15-$20. for postage to send great plants as Long as I know i will also be RECEIVING GREAT PLANTS.
& I Hope others feel the same way.

well off to get my day started here ya all have a great day & welcome . to all . let us know what might help us make this more interested for others :)

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 8, 2012
11:29 AM

Post #8999294

I would love to join, but probably not every month.
i go with mittsy to plant cycle meeting which are great amd i always bring home bunches of plants that i'd love to share here.
I love making hydrangea cuttings, and i'm sure my buddies will be getting a lot of them! :)
And if you can pack a box like me, you can get a TON of plants in a medium flat rate box. ;)
Question!!!!???
A lot of times i plant cuttings and divisions, these are planted in new potting medium, these are generally new starts, is it safe to wash them before mailing them? New to this.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 8, 2012
12:55 PM

Post #8999421

Hi Kelly Welcome ROOTED Cuttings In clean soil is fine to send in the soil . the trade I was talking about was a new Gardener whom just dug up the plant left roots muddy & laid the plants in the box with no wrap around each plant at all.

Please root extra I would love to try some :))) I'm on my laptop so will add your name to the top list when i get back out to my other computer.
off to start super back later
susie
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

February 8, 2012
1:39 PM

Post #8999471

Would love to join in on a few months swap. Probably not all though. April & May . For now. Might end up joining them all. Lol!
My have list..
heuchera rubyy bells
coneflower powwow wild berry
coneflower white swan
Coneflower bravado
dianthis super parfait raspberry
anchusa blue angel
agastache astello indigo
Scabiosa ritz rose & ritz blue
theres lots more, but all i can think of
My want list
Coneflowers other then white or purple
other heuchera
ferns
cimifuga
pretty much anything!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 8, 2012
3:41 PM

Post #8999583

welcome Christine Have missed you I Remember a few of you in a couple swaps or trades :) Good to see you :)

OH BOY Do I See many Plants I Would love to Have :)))) can hardly wait to start Sharing :)
Also I Need to go into my trade to remove a few for i traded away & Some did not make it but if you see something in my HAVES You Are welcome to ask .

& also If you want to trade with More then one Memeber in our group you are welcome to do so but I Would like to try to Keep track so that I Do not put you with that person In Another MONTH Dose that sound right ???Been a long day super is over & It is my time now to play in the dirt or sit back & relax right now it is my coffee break then off to plant a few seeds .

I just got my seed order from seedman co I ordered
cosmo " HAPPY Ring
True Irish shamrock--trifolium repens minor
golden goddess---bidens ferrulifolia
snowbird--nolana paradoxa
citronella--mina lobata
aphrodite red---alyssum
green mist --ammi visnaga

Hope i can get them to grow :)

also just wanted to mention I Do Not Mean to sound rude or Mean in anyway but if anyone has had More then
3 NEG FEED BACK They will Not be able to JOIN UNLESS They send Their Box 1st & It checks out ok .
I'm Sorry I Do not like to turn anyone away Nor to I Like to Judge anyone , But I Do Check Just so I can make this a fun &
Safe trade for everyone .
well off to check my other forums
susie
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 8, 2012
4:15 PM

Post #8999618

Evening everyone.

USPS has a new Size C Regional Flat Rate Box that looks comparable to a #7 Priority box. I ordered a pack of the C's last night, will wait til they arrive and compare one side by side with #7, Med & Lg Flat Rate as well. I would not use Regional Size A or B for this swap as they are too small. The reason I brought up Regional boxes is it's more economical to use if you end up mailing to someone who lives close to you than using a Med or Lg Flat rate. You probably already know, but if your post office doesn't carry a good selection of boxes, like our little rural one doesn't, you can order them at http://www.usps.com. They're absolutely free, no charge for the boxes or postage from the distribution center to you.

SuperThrive is the product I use to revive perennials that arrive a little limp, and perhaps haven't decided where to plant them right away. They perk up in a day or two, depending on the plant. There are other vitamin-laden products, although SuperThrive is the only one I've been able to find locally.

I've always tried to send divisions of mature perennials that I would be happy in turn to receive. Those of you who have traded and swapped with me before know they're packed and wrapped and stuffed very well, and they are labeled.

Edited to say it's good to see new faces!

This message was edited Feb 8, 2012 7:19 PM

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 8, 2012
4:19 PM

Post #8999624

deejay ... you will like Ammi visagna and yes they are easy to grow and ocassionally will reseed. Mine got beaten up by the hail last year so were very short, only in the 6-8" range instead of the 2-3ft.

Pix is Adenophora l. Ladybells (related to campanulas)

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 8, 2012
6:10 PM

Post #8999747

TY Kathy I Hope I can get them to grow I Need easy :)))) Got to share stopped to get gas today Bought a $2. lotto ticket just scratched it off & its a $50. winner way cool guess i can go get more seedling starter mix tomorrow & get more of my seeds started . :) HEHE.
well it is time for me to lay back 6am comes to soon :))
susie

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2012
2:54 AM

Post #9000009

I would like to join, if I may. I would be interested in participating in April.
Alana

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2012
5:54 AM

Post #9000126

I KNEW YOU WAS WATCHING US ALANA ;) I JUST HAD THAT FEELING SO COOL.
looks as we are recruiting some really great members .

APRIL MAY & JUNE ARE USUALLY THE BEST MONTHS TO TRADE FOR IT ISN'T SO HOT & OUR PLANTS ARE JUST WAKING UP
& MUCH EASIER TO DIG UP & SHARE .

TODAY IS OUR LAST SUNNY DAY FOR AWHILE SO I HOPW TO ENJOY IT;) I CAN HANDLE THE COLD JUST NOT TO COOL ON SNOW FALL :(.

WELL OFF TO PLAY BACK LATER

RickCorey_WA

RickCorey_WA
Everett, WA
(Zone 8a)

February 9, 2012
5:44 PM

Post #9000984

Thanks for setting this up, Susie!

I don't have naything to offer YET, but I have some hopes, and i'll let you know if any materialize.

If several of the Salvias I started last year come back from roots or re-seeding, I'll ask to join for one month.

Also, if my giant blue Delphinium or that fancy dark red lily decide to spread, I'll be able to divide and offer them..

And I expect some Brunnera (Siberian Bugloss / False Forget-Me-Not) [P 3-7] to establish themselves soon and multiply, but maybe not this year.

I doubt if anyone would want orange Siberian Wallflowers or snapdragons, but I expect to have those.

I hope people also mention how they pamper bare roots plants when they trabnsplant them: I have a bad track record of planting things in the Fall, and never seeing them come back up.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2012
7:30 PM

Post #9001176

Just checking in again before shutting down for the night, and had to give a big wave Hello to you Alana and Rick.

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2012
3:52 AM

Post #9001382

New title for Susie: Mindreader.
I expect to participate in April, perhaps May, and again in September. June through August has proven to be just too hot for my comfort and the comfort of the plants.
Have a great day, folks.
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 10, 2012
6:56 AM

Post #9001580

Count me in! Does bulbs and tubers count?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2012
11:13 AM

Post #9001871

WOW We have Rick & Anita Oh So cool & Welcome can you believe we have 13 all ready for the MONTH Of Arpril :)))

Anita in Pass Plant swap that we have done Bulbs are ok to share but we didn't count them as a rooted plant .
but you can share if you have extra .

Lets all make a small list of maybe 6 type of plants for the april swap Then if we get any of those plants we can cross off or if you want more leave for the next month you play.
I Can put your list of 6 plant up top so others can see then & No ONE Has to hunt for them :)

well i have been planting My daisy's & Dahlias we up that I Had Planted last friday so today I repotted them .
also planted some Kale & Weather Grass today so will see how long it takes them to pop up :)

anyone here have the Poor man's weather Grass ?? or have tried it yet ??
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 10, 2012
11:34 AM

Post #9001890

Where do we post? Are we posting haves or wants?

Have: old fashioned daylily, shasta daisy, fountain grass, pink knockout roses

Wants: Ferns, Bleeding Hearts, Coral bells (bright colors), dahlia, elephant ear, hardy geraniums, hydrandea, dbl peony

No - nos: vines, trees, pink plants

This message was edited Feb 19, 2012 8:34 PM

RickCorey_WA

RickCorey_WA
Everett, WA
(Zone 8a)

February 10, 2012
11:59 AM

Post #9001911

>> WOW We have Rick & Anita Oh So cool & Welcome can you believe we have 13 all ready for the MONTH Of Arpril :)))

Sorry, I was saying that WHEN and if some things I have multiply enough to share, THEN I'll join for a month. Right now I don't have anything to share except cold mud and a few common but NO ID bulbs.

I'm wishing you all well, and hoping I have something to offer later this year.

Corey

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 10, 2012
1:09 PM

Post #9001975

Susie,,May I join up for this too???

I am working on getting all my plants from the old house and will be able to share all my extras here. I am going to start a new garden here at the new place. Right now I just have some sedums, lots of hostas and a few other things.

I will be moving all my plants you all sent me last year up here too as they show up from winter dormancy. Will get a list made up as I can find out what survived a summer of neglect. I do know that all my Cannas made it and posible my ee's. I will also be able to share more of my lotus plant this year. I will have lots of Asiatic Lilies too, and hopefully my irises and daylilies.

Elfie aka
Kris

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2012
2:04 PM

Post #9002062

Welcome Kriss I Didn't Know you had Moved hope you can get your other plants not easy starting over :( .

Rick you can Join any month you want . As of yet Many of us do not have anything to trade till APRIL & MAY many of them will be waking up about then :).

I Also wanted to mention That if your planting annual or perennial seeds & have seedlings to share you may do so but are not counted as the 5 Rooted plants. we are not sending any Gardening gifts in these boxes , UNLESS You Want to Share Gloves , Spade, Planter.
ECT BUT That Is UP To You.

OK NOW I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU ALL .

Are there any of you who would Take a Box of garden Items or Handmade store bought or other Items from NEW MEMBERS Who would like to add to there GARDENS But have No Plants to Share ???
This way they can Join Us . But we can NEW MEMBER Next to there Name Anyone willing to do this let me know , I Would be will to do a couple that way .

well off to put super on & I will be back soon .

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 10, 2012
4:39 PM

Post #9002249

I would do that for a new member. If we send doubles would that count? I have a ton if daylilies and Shastas to divide and just a couple of the fountain grass.
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

February 10, 2012
5:45 PM

Post #9002300

Want...
clematis
ligularia
rose
cimifuga
coneflower other then purple or white
Zebra grass or maiden grass

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 10, 2012
6:00 PM

Post #9002308

Who are the new gardeners here?I might have some goodies to share for postage, seperate from the trade. Could do a few. I can think of a bunch of things that need dividing to help them get a start on their gardens.

Pix: verbascum phoenicium, mix
Pix: hesperis matronalis, v. f.
Pix: centaurea montana Amethyst in Snow
Pix" salvia nemerosa
Pix: linum perenne Flax

The above are plants that I have plenty of to share.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2012
4:49 AM

Post #9002547

I am always happy to get these:
Cannas
Dahlias
Iris, all but one species
Daylilies
Hibiscus (no syriacus)
Lilies, any kind
Surprises

I battle to control Yucca's and Iris pseudacoris and would not want to receive any more of those.

This message was edited Feb 20, 2012 1:15 PM

This message was edited Mar 12, 2012 6:21 AM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2012
5:16 AM

Post #9002557

kathy I would love to be your newbee friend those are beauty ful :)

i'm with you alana I Have more then enough yuccas & Iris pseudacoris so anyone wanting some just say so i will put you on my list for them when we trade with each other :) .

well off to take care of my plants then i have to come sit with daddy today so you all have a great day will try to get back here soon.
please check top to make sure i have your list correct.

susie

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 11, 2012
12:26 PM

Post #9003039

Dee...I would love to trade for some of your iris.. I checked on them in the plant files and it sounds like if you keep them away from ponds they aren't such ramblers. I don't have a pond within a quarter mile and is on the other side of the road, lol.. So I am definately interested. Let me know.

Pix is centaurea montana Amethyst in Snow

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2012
12:49 PM

Post #9003062

kathy is that Amethyst in Snow blue & or white as it looks ??? i have oe that is BLUE but to try to share the plant i have to get out my HATCHET it is like Elephant Grass to get out there is no way i can dig it out.
but i love it . i Just wish it wasn't so hard to split it .

as for the Iris pseudacoris it is not near any water either i Have been updating my want list today while sitting here with daddy . so forgive the wishes but it is better then to list them all here .

you can look up the type of plants you want & if you go to the bottom of page click on add to wish list or want list.
it is that easy . then we can see what your talking about . & know if we have it to share with you.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 11, 2012
1:20 PM

Post #9003095

deejay...center is blue and the rest is a glistening white. Blooms all summer for me when deadheaded. I have the blue variety, and am still looking for the pink one. I have many other centaureas too, check out my have list. Ya I know, I also need to update my haves and want pages, been working on that a bit also.

I used to have dealbata also but just didn't like getting transplanted that year, was full grown and I guess I didn't divide it down enough.

What happened to the part of the post you had up for newbies? That's what my above post was in reference, lol. So you wanna make sure that one of the months we do a trade,LOL. You got alot of pretty iris or even the iris p..?

Pix is centaurea montana
Pix is centaurea phygria
Pix is centaurea phygria
Pix is centaurea macrocephala

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2012
1:43 PM

Post #9003125

As for plants for newbies I was just asking in case someone ask to JOIN That don't have anything to share this way we can help them out also . I Have loads of plants I can share . what I will do is put plants for postage next to our name but they have to fit into a flate rate box for them or they can dmail us .

anyway yes i have the blue one would like the white onne & maybe the yellow one if they are not invassive are they ??? do they reseed??

has anyone seen the new 'ACROCONA PUSCH DWARF NORWAY SPRUCE "? I saw it in one of my new Perennial books fall in love
with it . if any of you have it growing wild around you i would love a start of it .

well off to start super back later
mrsspeedsgarden
Franklin, NC
(Zone 6b)

February 11, 2012
6:05 PM

Post #9003421

Susie - I would love to join and I can trade in April.

If you have room for one more I like these:

Asiatic, Orientals and LA lilies
Named daylilies
Tiarellas
Clematis
Cannas
Dahlias
Phlox
Columbine
Geraniums
Hostas
Peonies
Agastaches
Heucheras
Siberian, Louisiana, Japanese & Bearded Irises

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2012
6:26 PM

Post #9003454

always room for you shirley welcome
mrsspeedsgarden
Franklin, NC
(Zone 6b)

February 11, 2012
6:52 PM

Post #9003492

Thank you Susie

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 12, 2012
10:04 AM

Post #9004029

Susie, can I request all my plants be bulbs?? I know it is supposed to be plants,, but I would really like any and all bulbs,, love glads, daffodils,lilies, you get the general idea,, I need stuff that can stay in the ground or pots in zone 7 b / 8a. I will be starting with a blank slate no dirt, plants, nothing at all it ias a 15 x25ft clay plot. I want to fill it up with tons of flowering bulb type plants. Is this ok?? I can send picture later if I can find my camera.
scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

February 12, 2012
12:18 PM

Post #9004162

I'd like to be in, for April at least. Check this link for up to date list
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=9014177
I would be most happy to receive scented geranium but will graciously accept whatever you have to trade.
mostly sunny zone 8 yard
(with some dry shade)
surprise me (except no cannas please)

This message was edited Feb 21, 2012 7:17 AM
scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

February 12, 2012
12:41 PM

Post #9004182

This message was edited Feb 21, 2012 7:18 AM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 12, 2012
12:41 PM

Post #9004183

Welcome scButtercup : will add your name soon . can you post me your 1st name or what we can call you?
Scented Marigolds are an Annual right ???

Kriss it will be no Problem for you to get all BULBS If we can find Others who has Bulbs to share :)
so I Will have to know who has Bulbs for trade also . But yes I Will list that you want all BULBS & No Plants then right . ??

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 12, 2012
6:31 PM

Post #9004570

Well I never turn down any hostas,,lol.. but other than that bulbs are good. I can send what ever has survived in my garden. So will make a list up as I find stuff. I also know I will have plenty of hostas to share if any one wants to trade with me!!
Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 12, 2012
7:11 PM

Post #9004617

I have heavy clay soil with no shade. I will do containers if necessary though.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 13, 2012
5:36 AM

Post #9004852

i ALSO HAVE CLAY / but i piled it with manure, swap dirt that i get from a nieghbor. mixed in all dose well also i have a few raised beds
filled with cardboard, newspaper, grass cuttings, leaves, food scraps, also manure, & clay on top then covered with a tarp & old carpet for the winter i plan to just throw some seeds into this spring & see what happens. will let ya know :)

well off to make cookies for all my valentines for tomorrow ya all have a great day back later to check on you all .

OH anyone have any RHODODENDRON's that you can root some cuttings You will make my day that is the only plant you need to share :) all colors or should say any color is welcome azalea is another i would love i have one red one that is it .

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 13, 2012
7:06 PM

Post #9005763

Deejay...Yes, I have goodies for newbies and would be glad to help if needed with some basics or should I say, my extras. Let me know if we get some requests.

Ref. the other question, the only reseeders in the group are the montanas (both the blue and the white, got a new one last fall whose name is Blackie which a darker blue). C. Amethyst in Snow (pix is below of full grown plant) is a bit aggressive but easy to control and it does get big, think mine was 3 yrs old before it started to die out in the center, and got to 20"ish ht X 36"-48" wide.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 14, 2012
7:41 AM

Post #9006254

Got A Little gal here visiting today so I have my hands full will try to get back later this evening after she has gone Home :))))
Love the pic's
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 14, 2012
12:23 PM

Post #9006587

Kathy what is that plant? Is it Centaurea? It's very pretty! Do you grow it in full sun?

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 14, 2012
5:31 PM

Post #9006957

Anita, yes it is Centaurea montana "Amethyst in Snow". Last year was not as good cuz it needed dividing, and didn't get it done so this spring it's on the to do list, (they die out in the center). So I either need to dig and divide or just dig out the center and replace with some nice soil.

Pix is an unknown Veronica, spring at 12", reseeds a bit. Does anyone recognise it? Almost reminds me of veronica gentainodes but the color is wrong. V. g. is a light ice blue (almost white), but does bloom at the same time, any ideas?

This message was edited Feb 14, 2012 6:35 PM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 14, 2012
5:48 PM

Post #9006974

OK Gotta ask are these all in BLOOM Now for you or are these last years Plants ???

unknown Veronica, spring at 12", reseeds a bit. is this purple ??? some blues look purple in PIX's Just got home a bit ago
Stuffed took a friend out for super @ Applebee's but there was a very long line so we went over to Ponder rosa .
so just trying to get caught up here .

See I Hope to add other plants such as these in Between all my Daylilies & Irises so i have more color in the gardens
before & After the DL & Irises are done with there Blooms ,

I Do Not want ROOT RUNNERS That will take over the Gardens so This is why I Like to Trade with friends who can tell me
How a Plant dose in their gardens . I Like Plants that will Pretty Much form clumps

Kathy I Think mine is the Light Blue montanas but i have not notice any split in the middle & I t is very hard to split worst the my ornament grasses . I just love the plant as long as i don't have to try to chop any out :) but then i have my brother here this year :) so may not be so bad :)

well i have a project i need to work on so i will say GOOD NIGHT ALL . Back tomorrow .

RickCorey_WA

RickCorey_WA
Everett, WA
(Zone 8a)

February 14, 2012
6:07 PM

Post #9006996

Hi Susie

Please do not list me as "in" until I write back and say that I DO have something to trade.

I don't know whether or not I will be able to trade any plants, or even have nay room to plant anything new if given it, so please take my name off the first post.

Corey

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 14, 2012
6:08 PM

Post #9006998

LOL, don't I wish. NO, they are not in bloom til May. Nothing blooming outside for me, everything is under 2ft. of that white stuff. I figure I need to see color and hope others enjoy it too. Lol. If not I will enjoy myself, lol. How bad is that?

Dee.. if you have a long spading fork, or one of those long shovels it easy to divide the grasses. Divide in half one direction, then the other. Gives you only four pieces to dig out.

I remember the first time I dug out a peony that had been in the ground only 4 years. OMG. I started on one side with one shovel. Another shovel on the opposite side, then started working my way around the plant and ended up breaking a new shovel. Learned my lesson. Now when I have large plants to come out I make sure the ground is thoroughly soaked overnight if need be and THEN I begin to dig. Much easier on the back, believe me.

Many purples are considered blue in Horticulture, but yes it truely is more in the blue range, color in pix is pretty accurate tho.

NF2932

NF2932
Winnetka, CA

February 15, 2012
7:35 AM

Post #9007482

Kathy... is that a sweet rocket plant in your last photo? Gorgeous color... Nancy
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 15, 2012
9:53 AM

Post #9007670

Is that Dames Rocket?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 15, 2012
10:07 AM

Post #9007682

I donnot know what it is but I just want to get every plant she has,,sigh,, nope only doing bulbs,, well ,, nope just bulbs.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2012
11:31 AM

Post #9007760

Yep thats what it looks like to me :) how bad dose that reseed ???

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/81/#b
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 15, 2012
12:04 PM

Post #9007799

Susie, it sounds lke it reseeds big time. It's invasive in some states.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2012
1:58 PM

Post #9007959

OOOOO ty for the heads up i would put it out in the back 10 bet it would be very pretty back there. .
must be easy to start from seeds then ..

about time to set super on then i have to be i with daddy this evening was goig to bingo but not now daddys not feeling well this evenig so i'm going to stay right here with him .
so will be back after sup .

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 15, 2012
7:30 PM

Post #9008294

Yes is Hesperis matronalis (Sweet Dames Rocket). Yes many places it is banned, I'm sorry for them. Personnally I just love this plant. I do have a large stand and the fragrance is intoxicating. They also have another common name of "False Phlox", available in white and purple. Yes, they are reseeders, but always a way to take care of that, deadheading. I have let mine reseed at will so far but will be doing more deadheading this year now that I have a nice stand of them. They bloom in May for me in Z5, oops z6 now. I cut them back and get a second bloom at a shorter height. They are wonderful in bouquets also!! If I happen to mail any on a trade and the recipient doesn't want them, you won't hurt my feeling if they are tossed or given away.

Hey Mud... would share if you like...lol.

Pix: Here another one that may be on some list but I love it all the same. Daucus carota, 6ftX4ft, very fragrant, biennial and a buttefrfly host for swallowtails, another great cut flower and used as filler for bouquets.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 15, 2012
7:50 PM

Post #9008310

Kathy,does it like hot humidity, and sun? If so I think I would really like to try it. Even if I just keep potted for now it would be good til we.buy some land. Ralph is taking me to look at a place one of his coustomers wants to sell tomorrow. It is about 2 to 3 acres. Reason for wanting bulbs right now is they will be easier to move when the time comes. Maybe I should just container garden it all??

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 15, 2012
8:15 PM

Post #9008338

Mud..sent d-mail did it arrive? Got dumped when I sent so wasn't sure.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2012
5:33 AM

Post #9008537

GM ALL KATHY I WOULD Love some as i said i have allot of places to fill in :) i put those type out by the wood line so i can still enjoy them . as for the Daucus carota, 6ftX4ft i have that here & I Love it also I Use it in the wild boquets but i don't have the dames rocket & would love some ;)

also would love some MINI Roses , Azaleas , oh golly I'm addicted to them all :) . well i have to get daddy ready for his dr apt this morning he's haven a hissy . worse thenn a kid that don't want to go to school .
so ya all have a great day i be back later.
susie
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2012
6:27 AM

Post #9008618

I would like to join. Not sure what months will be good for me yet, sometimes April, sometimes Not...rofl. Won't know until later depends on what winter does or doesn't do.

Have lots of daylilies, several hostas, several different types of iris, lilies, just to name a few. Will list when we have a place to list wants and nots.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2012
6:09 AM

Post #9010844

I like this idea, Susie. I'm in for ? months ... to be determined later.

I would love some of the Sweet Dame's Rocket. ♥♥♥ And other heavy reseeders. Things that would be good in a Mesic prairie or pine barrens setting ... or a meadow.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=9013486

This message was edited Feb 20, 2012 2:31 PM

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2012
11:56 PM

Post #9011691

I would like to join if there's still room - not sure about every month, but April would be great since I think plants move best after being dug up when they are closest to winter dormancy.

But August is good for some tap-rooted plants that have a summer dormancy about that time, like oriental poppies. Not sure how tap-rooted hollyhocks would appreciate that treatment in August, but if you can get to their roots in late winter, before they sprout, they'll transplant beautifully - found one in my compost pile one March, hollered over the hedge to a new neighbor puttering on his side and asked if he wanted it, he said yes, threw it over the hedge, and it flowered magnificently later that summer. Same goes for those tap-rooted platycodons and horse-radish roots.

Someone once wrote that 9:00am September 15 is best for moving peonies...?

karen
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 19, 2012
6:02 AM

Post #9011817

specific...and odd :)
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 19, 2012
6:36 AM

Post #9011863

Morning all! Susie how are you deciding who shops to whom? I have a short list of plants I can offer right now but if no one is interested in what I have to offer, then I won't have anyone to swap with. ;-(

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 19, 2012
2:09 PM

Post #9012277

Afternoon everyone what a day .
ANITA : Actually I'm not sure except to draw name as we alway do , & Then what we Have to share at that time will be a surprise to each of us as to what we get. Is That fair to you all ..???

unless I have you all choose as to who you want to send to 1st
OR WHO YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE FROM.
I CAN LET YOU ALL CHOOSE . JUST PENDING WHO SIGNS UP FOR THAT MONTH.

Happ I Have been putting everyones list up top & I will add it to each month you trade > .

I need a list of wants from
Goldhillal
outlawheart81
minnesippi
Tina_a
Diamond9192002
Bluespiral

Have I missed anyone ??? the wish list just give some idea as the type of plants you like & your partner can try to send a couple on your list if they have it .

well i have to go get super for daddy & spend the eve with him will try to get back on later .
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 19, 2012
3:16 PM

Post #9012341

Susie any way you decide to do it is fine with me. Sounds like fun! I just hope no one is disappointed with what I have to offer.
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 19, 2012
3:21 PM

Post #9012344

Susie I posted my wants and haves above

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

February 19, 2012
5:05 PM

Post #9012447

Susie,

You and I have traded in the past -- I have a long history at the "other site" --- the daylilies you sent last year are just starting to come back up...can I join this? This is ideal for me and I would love to be part of the group. Just let me know and I'll post a list - thanks for considering me.

Sue G.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 19, 2012
5:16 PM

Post #9012456

Ugh..I dont know. Anything today. Just got back from the Home & Patio show and came home with a Jane Magnolia tree, Rosy Lights Azalea, Pohjola's Daughter Rhodi, some coleus, geranium and kat grass for the kitties. The Magnolia is $150 retail. Picked up all of these for $85. I am so excited!

Hmm, what I have - what I know I will have without fail is Joe-Pye, Autumn Joy Sedum, "Ditch" Lily (orange), Fern (no-id), hosta (a few un-named - at least I dont know their names) - ugh, Im so excited about what I got today I cant think...I have a few Colorado fir trees - small ones. Lilacs. I should have some Bishops Weed left, Lily of the Valley, small allium, bleeding heart.
I can go dig wild milkweed, alfalfa, I could go on and on...

What I want...Im open to pretty much anything. I would prefer things I dont already have. My have's list is pretty current.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2012
2:15 AM

Post #9012806

Minnesippi -- here's one of the Joe Pye roots you sent me last year in an outside trade. It was spectacular!! Fast becoming one of the faves in my yard, in fact. Topped out at over 6' and full of butterflies all season although there was just one or two in this shot when I snapped it.

Any way you want to do it, Susie, but I always like a random draw. Seems to make for fewer "issues".

Should we list what we have on this page or wait until the months we're actually participating? (I love seeds too.) ♥

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 20, 2012
4:38 AM

Post #9012849

YAY!!! That just put a HUGE smile on my face :D

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 20, 2012
6:36 AM

Post #9012996

GM all
Well i thought maybe it would be best that if you all could keep track of your trades so i have made this thread for you to please make your wish list & have list then you can add or delete as you Need to .
HAVE & WISH LIST

I WILL ALSO ADD IT TO THE TOP I JUST DON'T THINK I WILL HAVE THE TIME TO EDIT EACH ONES LIST
& KEEP TRACK OF ALL THE MEMBERS :)

SO IF YOU ALL CAN MAYBE COPY & PASTE WHAT YOU HAVE HERE & PASTY IT OVER ON THE NEW THREAD . IT WILL HELP ALLOT.

WE HAVE 19 PLAYERS SO FAR & I JUST GOING TO LET WHO EVER WANTS TO JOIN TO JUST JOIN:)
& NOT SET A LIMIT AS LONG AS EVERYONE IS OK WITH THAT :)

WELL OFF TO THE HOT HOUSE :)HEHE BACK LATER
SUSIE

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

February 20, 2012
11:09 AM

Post #9013448

Wants:
Daylilies (Evergreen or Semi-Evergreen only)
Salvias
Succulents (no cactus with thorns though)
Hoyas
Trailing plants
Jasmine
Gardenia
Tuberose
Ivy geraniums
Shrimp plants (especially red!!!)
Perennial daisies (especially chocolate)
Sedums
Coneflowers (Yellow or any of the sundown, sunup, etc. especially appreciated)

Don’t want:
Anything that won’t stand high temps or needs humidity – it is extremely dry here

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2012
11:19 AM

Post #9013462

Susie I elaborated on my wish list a bit and added a list of probable 'haves" (you never know what will be in good condition for sharing this far ahead) on the thread you provided. I will try to update that when it gets a little closer to trade time.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2012
12:33 PM

Post #9013548

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=9013486

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 20, 2012
2:53 PM

Post #9013752

thank you all that will be easier then me trying to keep track of your list & much easier for others to fine you >
can't stay i have to go up to the hospital to visit a friend will be back on in the morning.

kathy will answer your dmail i the moring . ty

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 20, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9014070

I started a list. It is pidiful..sigh.

Also Susie, I will just take what ever anyone sends. I will make it all work here. Ralphie says anything I donot wish to leave behind he will get me big pots for them to grow in ; )

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

February 21, 2012
3:08 AM

Post #9014274

Mud, bless your heart. I moved across country a few years ago and had to leave every single plant behind. It's great that Ralphie will do that for you. Keeper. ♥♥♥
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 21, 2012
4:29 AM

Post #9014307

Mud, sounds all to familiar...I moved from MS to MN 3 years ago and frantically pulled everything I could from the ground. It was February and when we got to MN, everything was frozen to and inside the moving truck. Luckily they all came from MN, so 90% survived.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2012
5:34 AM

Post #9014357

GM
Kriss Tell ya what I Have done went to a few NURSERIES they have many used tree planters or Mum planters & I Got them for free , just ones they have to get rid of just ask them to call ya . also GRAVE Yards out by the maintance buildings they stack them up or they do out by ours . you can check & ask the care takers .

i have about 50 of them out in my Barn ready to use this spring. in fact i'm going out today to get a few & plant seeds in them .

well they say snow is on the way yet this morning nothing yet so guess i better go get my critter fed & watered.
back later .

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

February 21, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9014376

70º here this week. Middle of February??? Really???
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 21, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #9014395

Snow turned to rain 35 degrees here
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 21, 2012
11:16 AM

Post #9014758

I posted my list on the other thread. My 'have' list is really pitifull. I do not have much planted in the ground yet. We are still trying to get all the beds I want made, so most of what I have is still in pots. (I haven't finished cleaning the garage out yet either. lol) I have several things that I can send good 'starts' of that will make great plants, but don't overwinter that much! I don't have the room to do that where they will get some sunlight. I have the dining room w/east windows and the game room w/west windows . Didn't think much about plants when I bought this house, evidently! lol

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2012
5:02 PM

Post #9015152

Evening all another long day BUSY BUSY BUSY & Tired Tired Tired , Its Been Quite a day with him .

so forgive me if i go get my rest so ya all have a great evening :)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2012
5:39 PM

Post #9016433

Waving a big hi to everyone...what a great group of friends you all are :)

I haven't started a haves list yet, Susie, sorta like being in limbo waiting to see what pops up.

Keep hanging in there, Elfie. A local nursery sold me stacks of 5+ gallon pots last year for pennies each that trees came in that were left from landscaping jobs.

This message was edited Feb 22, 2012 11:03 PM
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 22, 2012
7:38 PM

Post #9016586

Hi Susan! I'm waving a big hi back at cha. I have missed you!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 23, 2012
12:18 PM

Post #9017259

I have a local nursury that recycles pots...they place them in big bins and send them to the recyclers. I try to grab as many as I can before they go. I got trays for starting seedlings (105-122 plugs), qrts, gallons, 2 gal., 5 gal., 10 gal., trays and 21/2" pots. Gosh, I could start my own nursery, lol. Still haven't started my seeds yet, just too busy in the kitchen yet.

Does anyone have a BUNCH of lily of the valley they might consider trading, (like maybe a small box full)? lol. It's my hope to plant them in a new bed on the north side of the house. I remember them from my childhood in my mother's garden and I loved them so.

Pix show some of the trays I got from the recycle bins.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2012
2:02 PM

Post #9017386

I can send you two box full once the ground thaws out :))) are those last years seedlings :)) ???

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 23, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9017620

Dee.. no, sorry to say. They are from two years ago, before my brother moved in. Hopefully after the kitchen remodel gets paid off, I will try to get my outbuilding put up where I can grow more seedlings again. Last year I took over my bathroom tub, putting up two sets of lights. This year I haven't started anything, busy with the kitchen, tho am seriously rethinking starting something, lol. Need more plants!!!! LOL!

Do you really have that many lily of the valley? SWEET!!! How should we proceed, D-Mail? Kathy.

Hey...any takers for snow???? Got 8.5" this morning, already at historic records for feb. snow. And guess what, it's snowing again tonight. Looking for takers!!!!! Hope I can get out my 300ft driveway tomorow, cuz I don't shovel no more!!! Help, help!!!! Only joking, But I do hope I can get out tomorrow.

Pix: I planted about a hundred of these around the edges of my border til the lilacs fill in and they smell so good!!!! Valariana officinalis ( a common name: garden heliotrope). Pix #3 above, this pix shows a mature plant. tho only a spring bloomer.

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 23, 2012
5:53 PM

Post #9017643

Kathy - I will probably have some LOV as well. Wont know how much until they start popping. I traded lots of clumps last year and mom got rid of most of hers with their pool removal project. But Im sure I have enough to share.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 23, 2012
6:40 PM

Post #9017686

Oh thankyou minn. , do you need some more snow up there in minnEsota (did that inflection make it all the way to you minn.?) Lol..I know how ya all sound up there. LOL. See those of us from South Dakota don't have that accent thing going on. I'm sorry, I''l be nice. Want some snow to make up for me being naughty?

Yes minn. I'd love some. Hey, do I owe you a trade from last year, still trying to figure out who I owe yet, can't find my list, soooo anyone I owe, please tell me. thanks. Ran out of time last fall. Ooops, everything has a nice warm blanket on it now.

Hey, come on other participant here, I wanna see others pix tooooo! I need to see other peoples eye candy too.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

February 24, 2012
3:36 AM

Post #9017934

You are funny, Kathy. Luv your enthusiasm! ♥

Peony is 'Bowl of Beauty'

Rose is 'Pink Cl. Cecile Brunner'

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener   Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 24, 2012
6:39 AM

Post #9018110

Think I'll pass on the snow, but could use a few starts of Lily of the Valley. I have one little plug from my late Mom's house. That is all that has survived my many moves in the last few years. It is my birth flower and would love to get a few more started in my front flower beds.
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

February 24, 2012
9:46 AM

Post #9018327

I have some plants I was going to pitch as they don't flower here but produce huge plants. I didn't know about not leaving some dirt on the roots. I have informally sent plants to others and always included clumps of dirt around roots inside a baggy to contain soil. I thought they would travel better that way. Opsss. Anyway last year I dug up and pitched tons of siberian iris, day lilies, mums. Too much of some, and the mums were huge with buds but ran out of time for flowers. How do you know (find out) who has what you would like to trade. All the lists show what people want?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 24, 2012
12:01 PM

Post #9018478

Oberon best way is to go to their trade list I will be adding what I have soon right now just had my hands full with other things . ☺ also at the top there is a link where we have a list of our wants & Have's . we are still working on who will send to who & when the time arrives It will be POSTED On A New Thread .
you just have to keep watch Hope you will Join Us .
Just say the word I will add you to the List .

also for all who want to join us Please Make sure your address is in the address exchange or be sure i have it to share with your partner.

back later all :) If I Can get through the Snow
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

February 24, 2012
12:12 PM

Post #9018491

You and me both, about the snow! one of my beds is partially under a 9' dune. the rest are under about 4+'. I have started adding what I have to trade on the traders list. Please do add me to your list of participants. I should be able to dig out plants by mid April, but would probably be better to wait til May or June to assure they are all up and healthy.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 24, 2012
3:40 PM

Post #9018714

ok will do can you please Tell us you name or if you have a pet name we can call you by :) ??
ty & welcome to the group you have share a list of wants & Haves here for us also .

NEW WANT & HAVE LIST THREAD : NO CHAT PLEASE

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 24, 2012
3:59 PM

Post #9018735

could everyone please call me Elfie?? Not really caring to be called Mud much,, even though I do play in it all the time...lol
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 24, 2012
6:01 PM

Post #9018895

I've missed you too, Diamond Girl! Our paths haven't crossed in quite a while.

Oberon, Several of the plants your mentioned are on my wants list. How long is your growing season? Since you live in Alaska, I really can't complain that ours is about 1/2 the year and was a bit longer last year.

LOL Elfie.

That pink cascading rose is outstanding, Carole. My only rose is Lady Banks, almost a year old now, and really hope she'll take off this year and cover the arbor shared with a Carolina Jasmine I've babied for 3 years.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 24, 2012
6:24 PM

Post #9018916

I Would love some MUMS & Irises My brother lived in Anchorage, he was air force there .
that rose is BEAUTY FULL . sure Green thumb there :) GN All

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 24, 2012
9:31 PM

Post #9019061

Oberon.. another quick way to find out what people have or would like is their private list too. Can just click on the name to the left of their post, even your own. The link above is for our trade here this spring. Don't ever throw away plants...OMG, (lol) there are so many hungry people in here that would love to take them off your hands. Personally, I prefer to wash the soil off, wrap in plastic(the roots), and ship. Ok, you might need to slip them in a box. Lol.

Cville...Oh my, those are soooo beautiful. One of my favs.-peonies, I need to get that one again. Sniff, sniff, yup smells good to me!!! And that rose is just fabulous, how old and is cecile fragrant? Gosh, that's so pretty, what an acomplishment!!!! I'd be afraid if it was mine I'd pull up a chair and sit there all day in front of it. I am continually amazed at the beauty and diversity available to us and to think all this that we have came from star dust millions of years ago. How fortunate we are to have so much that can thrill the senses. Remember gals, stop for a moment and enjoy what you've created with your own little garden, life is short and theirs so much that needs to be enjoyed.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

February 25, 2012
2:49 AM

Post #9019123

Sooooo sorry, Elfie. I kinda like the name Mud. But since there are no other Elfies onboard, guess we'll know who that is too. :)

Fruity, I love 'Lady Banks'. In CA Lady B was absolutely spectacular and absolutely covered in blooms. It took your breath away. One of my all-time favorites. ♥♥♥

Kathy, that rose is not at my current house. We moved here to TN about two and half years ago and I started all over again. One of the first things I planted was pink Cl. Cecile B ... but, alas, she is very prone to blackspot here in the summer-very humid South. :( I'm afraid she's coming out this year and something less prone to the fungal stuff is going in. Grrrr...

I've had 'Bowl of Beauty' die on me too. It seems if you get peonies situated right you can't kill them but if they don't like their site, they sure let you know in a hurry. :(...

It was 80º here day before yesterday and last night it was 30º. :>/
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 25, 2012
6:51 AM

Post #9019319

Kathy, I honestly dont remember :) And yes, the inflection made it..I read it in a "MinnEsota" accent :) I lived in Mississippi for a few years recently, so its not as strong right now, dontchya know ;)

The plants I got @ the home & garden show are blooming beautifully! My Northern Lights Az is just starting to pop color. They forced it but it wasnt in bloom for the show so I get to watch it happen in my living room :) And as I sit here & type in my garage, I am enjoying my beautiful Jane Magnolia...still wondering where the heck Im gonna plant it.
We've had about 3 inches of snow in the last few days..the most all season. Still not really covering the ground and more to come Sunday.
I have started some seed in my kitchen window..can someone tell me WHY they are all molding?!?!? I cant start seed inside to save my life. So frustrating! They get plenty of air...so why the mold? I've lost lots of seed this way.. ::(
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 25, 2012
7:11 AM

Post #9019339

This is my NOID peony..in one location it gets about 12" tall. In another location it gets about 24"-30" tall. Its the only one I have and I love it. It came with the house - my former mother in law had them planted in the front. I moved them to the back when we bought the house. I have divided them to spread them out. The ones left in the front have not flowered in years. Maybe its time to move them all to the back. I have not found anyone who can "name" it for me.

**If anyone wants bleeding heart this next season - keep me in mind/let me know. Dont go buy any!! I have large plants I can share very easily. I divided mine last year and have about 15-20 blooming size plants to share. Most are easily gallon size containers. The earlier shipped the better - of course the ground needs to thaw first :) (March, early April)
**If anyone wants Joe-Pye, I have LOTS of that as well. Amanda is a receiver of some last year :) Ask her if you have questions :)

I love this 5 picture thing!!

Thumbnail by minnesippi   Thumbnail by minnesippi   Thumbnail by minnesippi   Thumbnail by minnesippi   Thumbnail by minnesippi

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2012
7:42 AM

Post #9019365

nice peony put me on the list for joepye my seeds didnot grow last spring so then maybe it takes a couple years to grow ??? well brother jim was called to go help oe of his sons with his furance so here i'am in with daddy .
he's sleeping in the chair so i was going through a few of my garden books finding more plants i have up for grabs but didn't know what they were called ow i do .

as for the Beeding Heart I Love mine i have a huge white one i shared with fruity last spring i think my mind is bad. & i have a pink one so now i'm o the search for the BRIGHT RED ONE .

ok off to add to my list will be back later .
susie

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2012
9:21 AM

Post #9019458

minnesippi wrote:This is my NOID peony..in one location it gets about 12" tall. In another location it gets about 24"-30" tall. Its the only one I have and I love it. It came with the house - my former mother in law had them planted in the front. I moved them to the back when we bought the house. I have divided them to spread them out. The ones left in the front have not flowered in years. Maybe its time to move them all to the back. I have not found anyone who can "name" it for me.

**If anyone wants bleeding heart this next season - keep me in mind/let me know. Dont go buy any!! I have large plants I can share very easily. I divided mine last year and have about 15-20 blooming size plants to share. Most are easily gallon size containers. The earlier shipped the better - of course the ground needs to thaw first :) (March, early April)
**If anyone wants Joe-Pye, I have LOTS of that as well. Amanda is a receiver of some last year :) Ask her if you have questions :)

I love this 5 picture thing!!

Me!! Me!!. I would like both and I will send postage if you like!!

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 25, 2012
9:26 AM

Post #9019460

Elfie - Joe & BH? No problem. I will put you down on my list (dry erase marker on the patio door window:) ) We can figure the rest out later when they are ready. :)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2012
9:28 AM

Post #9019461

Yes both please!!. Do you like hostas?? I have lots to share this year.. I hope..lol. I really need to go to the old house and start digging.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 25, 2012
9:36 AM

Post #9019468

I have tons of hosta that I need to divide as well. Lots of them have been in the ground more than 10 years w/o division...that is another thing on my list this year.
(I hate it when one of the keys pops off the keyboard and the letter wont work...its my 'N'..so if I miss a letter, that is why :) )

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2012
10:16 AM

Post #9019509

minnesippi wrote:I have tons of hosta that I need to divide as well. Lots of them have been in the ground more than 10 years w/o division...that is another thing on my list this year.
(I hate it when one of the keys pops off the keyboard and the letter wont work...its my 'N'..so if I miss a letter, that is why :) )

Look at my have list,,, I would be glad to trade what ever I can find at the old house. Some of mine will be lost tag hostas. But I can usually figure most out. Also I ordered a lot of 1 year old plants last year so I will be sharing only small plants of those if that is ok with anyone who wants them.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 25, 2012
12:27 PM

Post #9019635

Will do Elfie. I will let you know. Im not real picky :) just love to get things I dont already have.
My hosta are all lost tag too..I dont really like them compared to other things, but they are easy and they fill in nicely. :) They are great sellers @ garage sales I have as well.
Going to start some veggie seeds today. Hopefully they dont mold like all my other seed starts do...:/
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 25, 2012
2:03 PM

Post #9019746

minne ... I would love to have some bleeding heart and Joe Pye if you have enough. I bought 2 bags of bleeding heart, one white and one red, and NONE of them came up! I was so mad! Wonder if they will sprout this year? Hmmmmm Oh, just saw you have hosta too!

I will be soooooo glad when we have lived here mucho years so I have large plants that I can share!!!!!

I appreciate anything and everything you all want to send me! I really don't have much at the moment.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 25, 2012
2:52 PM

Post #9019800

I will add you Crit :)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2012
2:58 PM

Post #9019804

Crit we really are twins huh?? New yards and gardens,, small plants!! lol. I will share what I can with you this year.

I really do have hopes that the old garden will yield lots of plants. I need to go dig up all the bulbs Deejay/Susie has sent me over the last couple of years. I have a list,, well I did have one,,sigh. I also have other plants others have sent me and will be a potting up fool . It will be one holey yard when I get done!! I have decided to go up next weekend to dig. I will go on Friday and return on Sunday night. Gryphon my DGS will help me and Goober too. So we should get lots done!!

I really hate to dig up Goobers Gnome Garden,,,

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2012
3:17 PM

Post #9019832

Ohh,, I Forgot, went to the mail box and found these seeds had come in!!!

Scarlet Wisteria tree!!
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1256/#b

Alcea Hollyhock "Chatters"
http://summerhillseeds.com/alcea-hollyhock-chaters-mix-p-121.html

Zinna "Green Envy"
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/48918/#b

And last but not least...
Cerinthe major 'Purpurascens' "Major Blue Kiwi"
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/216/#

This message was edited Feb 25, 2012 6:18 PM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2012
3:29 PM

Post #9019841

Crit this is why we are here To help others fill their beds & Maybe find a few New types also for our gardens .

when i found DG I was bitten by the DAYLILIES & Irises & Now I Have more then I Need & Nothing to give color to the beds after they are done blooming so just trying to fill in .

& as for myself I love hand made gifts or Gift cards for a Favorite store ,for soil, plants, or feed. ECT .
that will take care of the postage anyway.

well in the middle of making a stepping stone for my friends b-day coming on the first better get it done :))

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2012
3:33 PM

Post #9019849

Kriss I would love those pansy's :))) I Want lots of colors :) this year
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

February 25, 2012
4:16 PM

Post #9019934

Cute gnome garden!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2012

Post #9019960

Thanks czimmerman,, My granddaughter Goober made it. I was just the strong back and weak mind!! lol

Susie.. Will see if any come back this year. They may be one of the casualties of my Idiot Brothers idea of watering,,sigh.But they are very available here and really cheap too. So we will look for some for you. I would gladly send some for some of your day lilies,,hint,, hint,,,

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2012
5:04 PM

Post #9019985

Not a problem :) I'll take all you can get if they are that cheap :)))) they are like 3.?? for a 4 cell
& I love out door Violas also :)

well my eyes are seeing seeds popping in my head :) so better take a break from searching & Go visit with daddy & Get him ready for bed ya all take care back in the morning .

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2012
5:13 PM

Post #9019997

I think that is about right. Will check on the Violas too.

This year Gryphon is working in the Greenhouse at his high school. They have a BVIG sale around Mothers day. I bought all kinds of plants for 50 cents to 3 dollars and these were big plants too. I told Gryphon when they get ready to have the sale I will give him money to buy me lots and lots of plants!! So I will be able to share alot of plants in May. One year I bought a 2 foot tall jade tree for $5.00!! Nice!!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 25, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9020143

Hey Elfie...Thanks for the reminder, The Denver Botanic Garden has their sale Mother's Day weekend. Most plants are rather$$$$, buttt...they have a members area. Cheap, and decent sized for $1-3. Also my garden club has their annual sale in June. Only problem is, I'm the one who bring most of the goodies.

Minn. ME,ME,ME!!! On any and all, Joe, bh, hostas. Lol!!! Can call me miss piggy!! Hey on to other things..you said you have a peony that's not blooming for you and it's been in the ground awhile. If you don't have it in a shaded spot, (peonies love full sun, atleast 6hrs. to bloom good). The other usual reason for lack of bloom with peonies is they were set too deep. Eyes should be planted no more than 1-2" below surface. Did you know that peonies are part of a woman's dowery in Japan, and that peonies will outlive their owners, growing to be over 100 year old. They are at the top of my favs. Got a place for you to look...Gilbert wild .com, for a name. Back when they sent catalogs, this place had approx. 15 pages of just peonies, full descriptions and color pix. Now, most of what is avail. is listed on their website.

Pix #1: my all time favorite, Duchess de Nemoures, oh so very fragrant.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 25, 2012
8:32 PM

Post #9020176

Got ya on the list Kathy. :)Maybe I shoulda started my own thread ;) lol

I love peony. I guess there are white ones in the bunch that havent flowered in years. I am going to move them to the back. Its the south side of the house. I think they would be happier than the north. The pink ones above love the back yard. Thought they were Bernhardts but they are singles..the website didnt show my exact. I will keep looking.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 25, 2012
8:35 PM

Post #9020177

Minn. I forgot to tell you about the mold thing. Sometimes it caused by the soil mix itself, sometimes it's caused by overwatering. Personally, if I get this and still want to keep my babies alive I try to clean out the mold and add more air circulation, ie a fan on low. Hope that helps.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 26, 2012
6:10 AM

Post #9020382

omg - seedling envy! Here I thought I was doing well with two egg cartons :) lol guess hubby has a project coming his way with all the wood we have. :)

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 26, 2012
5:15 PM

Post #9021135

Minn...lol. I just wish I had the room to put up my growing stands this year...but alas not the case. Still deciding if I'm going to start any in the bathroom this year. Atleast I have set up for two shop lights. Just finished in the kitchen for the day. Still waiting on somee warm weather to do sanding outside, gosh what a mess that job is, yuck!!

The stand was made with 1X2s and 2X2s, I got the plans from "Fine Gardening" about 20 years ago and haven't found the plans again. If (or maybe I should say when) I put it up again I will take detailed photos.Each shelf will hold 7 standard 11X22" trays, with alittle extra room, approx. 33" wide X 48" long. Hope that helps. Maybe my next big project will be my out building to do my growing in (along with my quilting, stained glass and painting-watercolor, acrylic and oils).

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

February 27, 2012
9:31 AM

Post #9021908

Minn, since you are in Minn and if your plants are in the window? Could be too cold by the glass with moister and will cause rot, wilt, and sometimes mold. Not that I am a seed starter.

Temps all over the page around here. Yesterday outside no coat and beautiful. Got the plants in the garden room and the solar room watered. Nice that I could drag the hose around. I worked the new little excavator yesterday...so fun. I am gonna be digging holes everywhere.

Looking forward to the swaps this spring and summer. They are just so much fun.

Costco has started getting in their bare root and bulbs, I just got a huge package of calidums for this year. I wanted white but they only had postman joyner but I think they are pretty also. My caladiums I have planted around my giant bird of paradise are coming back out. Every fall they lose their leaves (caladiums) even tho they are warm with lots of sunshine and then back they come in spring. They are resting one way or another.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 27, 2012
10:08 AM

Post #9021950

Thats entirely possible, but it hits all of them even if they are not by the window. Im sure they are just too wet.
I was able to get hyacinth bean to sprout as well as coleus and crepe myrtle :) Im excited about those. Got my fingers crossed they will survive.
I was wondering if HD & Lowes had any of their bulbs out yet. Caladiums are on my list too.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2012
8:06 AM

Post #9025743

Thanks Susie. I have several plants that I have received from you this last year. I LOVE the frostless gardenia. It is still small but wondered when they bloom.

Kris, that is too bad you have to dig up Goobers garden. It is toooo cute. She will have to make you a new one!

I have some peonies that I got from my late mothers house that are not doing very well. Maybe I need to move them out to more sun. Or could be lack of moisture due to being near a tree.

Have a blessed day everyone. Temps are to be 79* here today but the wind is going to be 25+ mph so not very pleasant. Will have to figure out something to do outside out of the wind.

St. Patricks Swap sign ups end Friday, March 2 @ 11:59 a.m. CST if anyone is interested.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243603/#new

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 1, 2012
8:07 AM

Post #9025745

http://www.stringgardens.com/

A link to a fascinating idea for growing plants!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 1, 2012
8:10 AM

Post #9025749

GM All sorry for not posting sure have had my hands full here with jim gone his wife is no help at all but all is going well with jim his surgery went well we hope to have him back home today later .

i have daffodills popping out of the ground about 2-3 in so won't be long & Then My Big boy is Telling me
spring is around the corning.
well got to get off here ya all have a great day

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

March 1, 2012
8:34 AM

Post #9025777

that is the biggest turkey I have ever seen. Course I have only seen them at our state fair but still.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 1, 2012
10:13 AM

Post #9025880

he is my weatherman & also a very PATRIOTIC bird His Gobber is BLUE when in the mating Mood as up-top about to turn to red when he is on GUARD of his Territory but it also turns WHITE Whenn he is HUNGRY here it is red but ya have to catch him really hungry for it to turn WHITE :) & as you can see he Gets plenty to eat ;)
I got him MAY 4 th 2009 & he was a year old :) & it was love at 1st sight he is my watch dog he lets me know when anyone drives into the yard but he goes to the back yard after they get out of the car :)

he is huge :)

Thumbnail by deejay9

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2012
10:17 AM

Post #9025884

Aw, he's a cutie! :-)

NF2932

NF2932
Winnetka, CA

March 1, 2012
12:37 PM

Post #9026017

Susie...he is ADORABLE... I can see why you've grown so fond of him! Thanks for sharing the pics! Nancy

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 1, 2012
12:45 PM

Post #9026027

I Love raising the babies had of them from the 1st batch that would fligh up & sit on my arms follow me around like their mother then a guy came & Bought all 7 for his petting zoo for they were so tame .
i'm sure i couldn't hold them all now :) but i do love my Turkeys they will eat out of your hands as long as you have food they like :)
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

March 1, 2012
1:07 PM

Post #9026057

I have never thought of having turkeys as pets. I guess it's like the geese that guarded Rome.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2012
5:06 PM

Post #9026355

I remember the naming contest you had for Frankie when he was a little birdie, Susie. He's all grown up now and so handsome. I remember your Sweetpea too, what a love. Are you still able to visit her?

For those wanting Caladium bulbs you might not be able to find locally, you can't go wrong ordering from Bill. The link below takes you to his website and he's also a seller on eBay under the name caladium_bulbs_for_less

http://www.caladiumbulbs4less.com/servlet/the-All-Varieties/Categories

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2012
8:03 AM

Post #9026922

I just love Frankie! He is so cool.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 2, 2012
10:37 AM

Post #9027085

Fruity ty He's Knocking at my door as i type just for his treats & Yes i can go visit Sweetpea again In the spring when the Zoo opens up , she has a Boyfriend the People running the zoo are very caring for all the animals so she is in a good place .

Some can be very aggressive if not raised & Hand fed early in life I'll have more babies proble in JUNE :)

Oh Susan I got the seeds yesterday in the mail thank you for sharing I Meant to post it last night but was busy with jim coming home & well the night got away from me . TY .

well off to give frankie his treat so he will stop pecking :)

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 3, 2012
11:56 PM

Post #9029066

Ok sorry for my absence lately it's been the month from hell but i'm focusing all my thoughts onthe gardening i'll be doing soon!!!! Spring will be here before we know it. (don't rain on my parade, this mantra is all i have right now! Lol) so today i chilled out in my pj's with some gardening mags a white flower farm catalog some coffee compliments of the Sssswap and updated my list in the wants thread. It was a good day!
Since my garden is new and small my idea is to buy several of my buddies wants (the big gallon pots!!!) and divide them. One for you, one for me, two for you, one, two for me. :D

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

March 4, 2012
2:48 AM

Post #9029084

A chill day is a very good day. :-)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 4, 2012
4:24 AM

Post #9029110

Way to go Kathy that is the type of day I'm going to have today :) i Just got daddy up he's eatting his BKF Then once i have him in the chair I'm going out & shut myself in my little bungalo ??? Ya all knnow what i mean
I Got 3 new books yesterday .

also i got me some vermiculite & going to start me some seeds also . so be back later off to read the forums .
susie
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 4, 2012
6:45 AM

Post #9029237

TWICE now, my post wont show up...???

Thumbnail by minnesippi

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

March 4, 2012
9:44 AM

Post #9029505

Crit, two things I know about peonies, they can't compete with trees (they will get smaller and smaller) and they need sunshine. So if your peonies are getting weaker, the tree is probably winning, I will have about 8 to move sometime in the future...learned the lesson too late, after the tree was planted...oh well.

Rofl...outlaw that is what I do, buy big pots of plants and split them, if I get in a hosta swap on the hosta forum, I buy big pots from a hosta seller here and then divide them among me and my partner, I have also done that with daylilies. Win win situation. I am going to buy that big ole hosta empress wu this year...so excited.

Susie, glad your brother is getting better. Hopefully he will be home soon and can help you again, it is tough being a caretaker for sure. Luckly you have your solitude in your new home. Frankie is beautiful.

I have bought from caladiums4less and they were great bulbs. Still have some growing in fact.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 4, 2012
9:53 AM

Post #9029512

Pretty flowers minni. I've started some flats and winter sowing.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

March 4, 2012
10:43 AM

Post #9029575

I just got Empress Wu ... oh yah, excited too. Putting it in the ground tomorrow. :)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 4, 2012
11:13 AM

Post #9029598

I am home!! After unpacking the car and bringing all the stuff I am exhausted!! I still need to pot up a few things. But I am hoping they can wait til tomorrow.

I want Empress WU!! lol...

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 4, 2012
6:53 PM

Post #9030096

Me too!!! I think i know what i am buying to share with whoever my buddy is, since everyone wants one! :)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2012
8:47 AM

Post #9030685

What is the Emperess WU?

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2012
9:03 AM

Post #9030709

It's a very large hosta, Crit. ♥

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

March 5, 2012
9:03 AM

Post #9030711

Has anyone grown the Empress Wu yet, am wondering if it truely gets as big as they say. Waiting for it to warm up a bit more, then outside to do sanding. I wanna work in the garden tho!!! Still snow on the ground, 'spose to get to 60 today. Yeah!! Ordered a few garden books off of e-bay, still waiting for 3 more. Got "The Collectors Garden: Designing with Extraordinary Plants" By Ken Druse for $4.45 (list $45.00). Also: "Patios & Walkways Idea Book" by Taunton for $.10, yes 10 cents, ( list $24.95). Also "Designing With Perennials" by Pamela Harper for $4.01 (list $40.00). "Backyard Idea Book: Outdoor kitchens, Fireplaces, Sheds, &Storage Play Spaces Pools & Spas" by Lee Anne White for $2.29 (list $24.95). "Design in the Plant Collector's Garden: From Chaos to Beauty" by Roger Turner for $2.64. "Time-Tested Plants: Thirty Years in a Four Season Garden" by Pamela Harper for $.99. Wow, what a great way to add new books to my library, lol. Now I just need some extra time to read them. Anyone else ever get gardening books?

Pix: Peony Duchess de Nemouris, very fragrant, yummmm!

This message was edited Mar 5, 2012 10:42 AM

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2012
9:13 AM

Post #9030728

You know how that goes, Kathy, depending on the growing conditions. The person I got it from says hers is quite large. I don't know that it gets as large as some of the nurseries and sellers make it out to be. :-/

Yes, I have a lot of gardening books. I try to contain myself lately. But I've always been a book lover. ♥
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2012
9:48 AM

Post #9030790

Hmmmmm, that Emperess WU sounds intriguing! Wonder if the hosta swap is being set up this year. Will have to go to the swaps thread and check.

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 5, 2012
12:24 PM

Post #9030980

I think the pics of the toddlers dwarfed standing next to the Hostas are what kills me. I want babies and Hostas, not exactly in that order! Lol
can't find the pic i'm thinking of. :( but this kid will do.
Cracks me up how big this is! Lol don't even have a place picked out for it... Or a backlog to dig the ginormous hole with. Lol i just need one.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

March 5, 2012
12:29 PM

Post #9030994

OK, I need this book 'Chaos to Beauty, I seem to have the Chaos down to a fine art...now waiting for the beauty...rofl.

If you like big hostas look at this site. It is older but there are some amazing hostas on it
http://www.hostavalley.eu/giant-hostas.html
I think this will go thru ok but if not,
hostavalley.eu/giant-hostas.html
stick the www in front.

Seems like the hosta swap maybe in June or so...can't remember, course I have received alot a beautiful hostas from all the great people in these plant swaps. Love tiny ones, big ones, huge ones, guess all of them...rofl.

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 5, 2012
12:50 PM

Post #9031023

My picture didn't post. :( trying again

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2012
1:26 PM

Post #9031074

I think the ones you sent me last year happ are going to come back. Even though they died back some in the heat, I kept them watered and could still see green when fall came.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 5, 2012
1:26 PM

Post #9031076

forgive me all for not posting right now Daddys not well I'm stressed right now , so every down time i can get
I go lay back . Hospis is trying to get us some extra help , & Jim's son from wisconsi is here with us for the night ,
ya all keep chatting i will peek in again as i can & that maybe once a day if that .

off to get super ya all have a great evening
susie
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2012
1:51 PM

Post #9031121

Susie, we're all here to support you and hope Daddy gets the extra help he needs. Sure doesn't sound good, girl.

For those who have participated in the Hosta swap in the past, you'll receive a D-mail from ZZTOPSOIL when it's time again. If you haven't participated, I'm sure somebody here will let you know his swap is up and running. It'll be under the Hosta Forum. I didn't play last year, darn it, but did get a few small ones from a link Elfie posted in her mini swap last year. None of mine are up yet except the NOID clump and it's always early, even earlier with our non-Winter.

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 6, 2012
5:18 AM

Post #9031873

The Emperess Wu sounds like a fun plant to grow. Has anyone ord4ered it?

Minnesippi, that plant is beautiful what is it? Azalea?

Kathy, that peony is breathtaking!

Susie, I hope daddy is okay. Is Jim doing better? I bet he loves having his son visit.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 6, 2012
5:42 PM

Post #9032637

Yes Anita. It is the northern lights I picked up for $15 at the home & garden show. I have been tracking its progress. It hadnt popped yet for the show a few weeks ago but it sure is now. Its beautiful! 3ft high from the top of the pot its in. Seems to like my living room for now. Leaves are beginning to pop now.

Thumbnail by minnesippi   Thumbnail by minnesippi

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

March 6, 2012
6:48 PM

Post #9032720

I had three of the northern lights azaleas. Yellow, gold and pink. Mice at the gold and pink to the ground, but I still have my yellow one. It does quite well up here.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 7, 2012
4:01 AM

Post #9032966

OH MY That Northern Lights Is just Beauty full . Just about time to go get daddy up for the day I'm going to let Jim sleep in for He Let me sleep all night with NO Monitor so i feel rested .
well No Nurse for us Unless We Pay $35. a Night & they will only come in 5 nights a week Not the 3 we want .
I Don't get paid for taken care of my Father How do they think I can pay anyone else.
so Jim & I are going to work it out .

windy 60 * today do i hope to play outside for a few hours lets see. well off to get the day going will try to get back in later .

susie
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 7, 2012
9:59 AM

Post #9033307

That's too bad deejay. Hope you and Jim can work out a good schedule for both of you. Will keep you and Daddy in my prayers.
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 7, 2012
11:54 AM

Post #9033431

Ms Susie, I pray you get some help for Daddy so you and Jim can rest.

Azaleas don't usually last too long here. I had one planted in the wrong place. My boys beat it to death with a basketball. It was too close to the baskeltball rim. It was the prettiest plant in my yard.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

March 7, 2012
2:23 PM

Post #9033618

Crit, hostas are really really tough, so I am going to bet all of yours come back. I tried putting one in a pot because I was told they would make it thru the winter in a pot so we will see. It is under a maple tree that has solid roots, so if this pot works I will add some more hostas in pots. Need to remove that maple tree before it gets into the water line and under the house...oh good another project...rofl. Always something, wish I would of known more about trees before I planted all of these...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 7, 2012
2:54 PM

Post #9033659

Evening all
Yes Happ Hosta will be ok in pots I Have about 8 of them in pots that I Take to market they have done well but you need to up grade the pots each year :))))

ty you all yes Jim & I are going to be on our own for a couple weeks yet we had to file a few paper today
to see if we can get the help . my other 2 sisters are going to be coming over during the week days 3-4 times a week to sit in with daddy so we can either get rested or go do our running.
so life is good . or it will be :)))) .

thank you for being so understanding :) back soon susie
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 7, 2012
7:02 PM

Post #9033997

Growing up in SC, everybody grew Azaleas, including my Mom, and we often went to Brook Green Gardens in Myrtle Beach while we were on vacation

http://www.brookgreen.org/

Down South, Azaleas make pretty evergreen hedges. After a few weeks in the Spring when the blooms are spent, they turn brown and aren't attractive at all. Just my opinion. If you love them, grown 'em to your heart's content.

I hope the paperwork you filed today, Susie, means there's help on the way soon for Daddy.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

March 8, 2012
3:00 AM

Post #9034215

These are in bloom for about a month here. With the use of early and late blooming varieties you can get at least a six-weeks display or longer. These are interspersed with glossy Abelia that bloom most of the summer. They were already here when we bought the house so I don't know if I'd plant them myself ... but every time this happens I tend to think so. :)

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 8, 2012
5:17 AM

Post #9034303

carol when you going on vacation ??? looks as i will need my trailer for them bother :)
will try to get back in later Time to go get daddy up.

susie
Gee april Not too far off . now

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

March 8, 2012
8:01 AM

Post #9034516

:-D)))

Susie, can we pick our first month to start swapping as May instead, if we need to ... or how does that work?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 8, 2012
10:53 AM

Post #9034733

YES CAROL :
THIS IS OPEN AS TO WHEN YOU ALL FEEL AS YOU HAVE 5 OR MORE TO SHARE THEN YOU SIGN UP FOR THAT MONTH .

I Set 5 as a Minimum for it would cost the same for one plant to send.
so why not make it worth the postage .

just got back awhile ago had a couple errands to tend to pastor is in with daddy so i came out to play awhile :)
going to go plant a few seeds back later ya all take care now ya hear me :)))

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 9, 2012
8:36 AM

Post #9035732

just wanted to share Spring Hill 50% off sale Just ordered $100. for $ 50. SWEET .

http://springhillnursery.com/default.asp
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 9, 2012

Post #9036236

What a great score, Susie. I don't recall ordering from them before. Have you?

My only Hellebore has been blooming for weeks, just the old fashioned kind with ivory blooms. Several more Daffs and Hyacinths are blooming, and the Tulips are looking promising. My Euphorbia tasmanian I ordered from Bluestone Perennials last year is still small but has a cluster of buds atop the variegated foliage. Daylilies are putting up foliage and the crazy White butterfly bush never died down.

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

March 10, 2012
8:23 AM

Post #9036871

I have way too much stuff up and turning green, hope Missouri weather stays nice, it is so early, and next week we are going to have 3 days in the 70's!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 10, 2012
3:41 PM

Post #9037264

Hi all,, I just talked to Jim, Deejay9/ Susie's, brother and he let me know that she is in the hospital, she has possible pneumonia, and will also be having a stress test tomorrow. I am going to call him tomorrow night and he will let me know how she is doing then. If anyone has any questions you can d-mail me and I will ask him then.

Kris

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 10, 2012
10:50 PM

Post #9037647

Oh no!!!! I will be keeping her in my prayers.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

March 11, 2012
4:38 AM

Post #9037721

Same here. Thanks for letting us know about this, Kris. :(...

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 11, 2012
5:20 AM

Post #9037737

Minne, I am interested in your BH and Joe Pye. I would be happy to pay for postage or trade.

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 11, 2012
7:06 AM

Post #9037849

Oh my. I hope Susie is better soon. I wonder if she never really recovered from her bout with pneumonia a couple of months ago. Keep us updated,
Alana
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 11, 2012
11:22 AM

Post #9038161

Elfie, will you please update us in Susie's progress?

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 11, 2012
11:24 AM

Post #9038163

Sending susie good warm thoughts and thinking of spring!!!
Look whats popping up! This seems way too early. Supposed to be in the 50°-60° range this whole next week. Was 68° last wednesday!!!

I got a whole mix of bulbs from a woman who had had some health problems so had not been keeping her gardens in a while, and she was moving. So she let a bunch of us dig out all her plants. I have no idea what to expect to see but i love suprises!!!
And i love being pleasently surprised by early spring!

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81   Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81   Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81   Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81   Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 11, 2012
1:22 PM

Post #9038266

Outlaw I would live to know what you have popping up. Keep us posted.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 11, 2012
6:56 PM

Post #9038726

Anita, I will put you down for JP & BH.

Nothing is popping yet...ground is still frozen. High 60s over the weekend. I put the Jane Magnolia out in the driveway these last two days and the bees are in heaven!! Between 'Jane' and the Rhodi's - they love me!

I trimmed back all the dead stalks of the Joe this weekend. Sedum is peeking and the lilac that budded a few weeks ago seems to have pulled through okay. The trees are popping something fierce.

** I think that I will now have to stop taking requests for bleeding heart until I know how much I will have. I have enough to cover all the requests thus far, I just dont know if I can do more at this point until they start coming up. I still have JoePye though.

This message was edited Mar 11, 2012 8:02 PM

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 11, 2012
7:06 PM

Post #9038743

Hey everyone,, Just talked to Susie's brother Jim and he says she is going to be ok, just a really nasty bug got her down also she will be having a stress test tomorrow then will be coming home. He says she will probably be back online in a couple of days. He also says he feels real good and the stint has really helped him!! Sounded very upbeat. Will be calling him tomorrow to check on her again...

Elfie
chellflower
Tyler, TX
(Zone 8b)

March 11, 2012
8:50 PM

Post #9038889

i would like to join in...probably can't play every month, but April sounds like a promising start for me.
thanks, Chell

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

March 12, 2012
1:40 AM

Post #9038996

Great news! Thanks, Elfie. ♥
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 12, 2012
6:20 AM

Post #9039160

Thanks Elfie!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

March 12, 2012
7:00 AM

Post #9039212

So glad to hear the good news on DeeJay I was really worried.

Our temps have been crazy, rain Sunday into today, then hitting the upper 70's and one day predicting 80! Now we are zone 5 and this is crazy, daffs will be open by tomorrow, daylilies up all over, wowzer, it is amazing. Roses putting out leaves... mushrooms will be out if this keeps up...

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 12, 2012
9:19 AM

Post #9039472

Same here happ!!! In all my 30 years i have never seen a winter like this in the syracuse area. But i think people all over are saying the same thing!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 12, 2012
10:42 AM

Post #9039586

Sayin it here! High 60's over the weekend - 56 today with rain off & on, then mid 70's the rest of the week!
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 12, 2012
10:44 AM

Post #9039587

We have rain today but I think the temps may be in the high 50s or low 60s.

Spoke to Susie this morning. She had the stress test but was waiting to speak to the doctor. She's hoping to be back on in a couple of days.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 12, 2012
11:08 AM

Post #9039633

Just for that Mary - I may send them to you ;) lol!
Oddly, I have seen people request them...but not in my part of the country.
If someone wants dandelion, I will gladly dig them up!! :)
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

March 12, 2012
11:10 AM

Post #9039637

yechhh. No thanks. Have lots of my own. Course, you can make wine out of them, or so I hear. Can't be all bad.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 12, 2012
11:24 AM

Post #9039655

I will stick to my white zin :)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 12, 2012
6:21 PM

Post #9040205

Susie's home! She sounded upbeat this evening and is looking forward to catching up tomorrow.

Our lawn has a lot of Clover and Dandelions and without fail, both manage to pop their ugly heads up in my beds, but one of the worst weeds and the bane of my existence is Henbit. Hubby likes to have a clean gravel driveway and calls it hen something else...and we don't have chickens...lol

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

March 13, 2012
2:46 AM

Post #9040610

LOL, Fruity. It's going like wildfire here right now. It is edible and tastes pretty good picked young (so do dandelions, both the greens and the flowers). But very annoying in garden beds. :_/
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 13, 2012
4:57 AM

Post #9040665

Seems that pulling Henbit doesn't work for long. You have to hit with some RoundUp. I'm working out my yard issues too. UGH! Is now the time to get the early fertilizer down?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 13, 2012
6:15 AM

Post #9040759

GM all i can hardly chat my brother has me cracking up this morning so once i get my sinces back 7 get rid of this hot flash i will get this updated i sit here looking out the front widow at the gardens just chopping to get out there & jim is hunting for a rope i think :)

welcome chell ; i will get your your name added is there anyone else i have missed . please let me know .
I still have to take it easy for a few days yet but truly on the mend I HOPE :) back later
susie
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

March 13, 2012
7:11 AM

Post #9040831

Ah, she's back! I'm sure the 'rest' helped some. Missed you.
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 13, 2012
7:57 AM

Post #9040891

Welcome back Susie!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 13, 2012
8:35 AM

Post #9040958

((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Susie )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 13, 2012
9:45 AM

Post #9041052

Thank you all Not sure what I Would do if it wasn't for your ♥♥♥♥ & Prayers :)
still a ways to go but i do feel better after the IV Drip antibiotic i got .sure helpped .
can you all beleive its ALMOST Spring Jim IS making me Jealous for he has already Been play
in the garden this morning .
I still have not even set my clock since being home guess all in time :) I Promised jim I Would just go sit with daddy & Not sitting on the computer so will try to get back later today .
susie

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 13, 2012
10:44 AM

Post #9041121

Flowers for susie! Get well soon!!! :)

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 13, 2012
11:25 AM

Post #9041194

Awww, how sweet!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 13, 2012
1:39 PM

Post #9041366

Back atcha Kelly HAPPY SPRING

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 13, 2012
1:49 PM

Post #9041385

I gotta ask:

Outlaw, your pic is a hyacinth?

Susie, I can't evn guess at your first picture but your second is Sedum Hens and Chicks?
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 13, 2012
4:24 PM

Post #9041556

look like yellow crocus?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 13, 2012
5:26 PM

Post #9041645

susan iF YOU SEE THIS WILL YOU CALL ME PLEASE I CANNOT FIND YOUR pH#
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 13, 2012
8:52 PM

Post #9041938

Glad you got my D-mail, Susie, and always enjoy talking with you. I'm still so glad you're home!

How are your cutie pie grandbabies, Anita?

It's getting late for me. Good night & sleep tight, everyone.

Oops, forgot to say these are Muscari, but you probably already knew.

This message was edited Mar 13, 2012 10:54 PM

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 14, 2012
6:27 AM

Post #9042202

GM Feeling more like myself each day maybe BECAUSE I Have SPRING FEVER NOW :) Jim is out burning down all the grasses so the New can grow . they say 70*'s today .

Susan I Just love the way you temped me with all your Favorite Shopping sites :))))))) HEHE
love chatting with you also '

I'm so ready for spring . well i need to get off here . Oh Thought i would try to put up the April sign on the 28th of march

NEW CHAT THREAD
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1246832/

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 14, 2012
11:35 AM

Post #9042602

Actually...i have no clue what they are. They seem too small and broad leafed to be crocus? I posted in bulbs hoping to get an id. Here they are today just bloomin away bless their hearts. So pretty.

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81   Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81   Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81   Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81   Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 14, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9043099

They Look like STAR OF BETHEHAM MS To Tired to spell , I also have a few . see ya alll in the Morning For coffee :)
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

March 14, 2012
8:01 PM

Post #9043161

Night Susie! See you tomorrow morning.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

March 14, 2012
8:21 PM

Post #9043175

Out...pushkinia? might be misspelled.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2012
5:33 AM

Post #9043347

GM what a night sleep feel so refreshed just put o daddys bfk so onnce i get him in the chair i can start my dishes
& get my fruit salad made then sit here drewl over jim being out side without me .
jim said it is suppose to rain today we had a rain last night well i eed to get off here so jim & I can chat back later today hugs to all of you :)
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

March 15, 2012
7:13 AM

Post #9043490

Morning Susie. You are an early bird. I just signed on and it's 6:10AM here. You had rain and I had snow. But not heavy thank heavens. Spring just HAS to be coming up soon. All my little seedlings inside are doing well. Need to repot the dahlias that have sprouted to their own big pots

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2012
7:17 AM

Post #9043499

Morning!!
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

March 15, 2012
7:19 AM

Post #9043502

Morning Elfie.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2012
7:22 AM

Post #9043509

Mary!! I love the poppy seeds you sent.. any advice on sowing,, care of.. tell me all. I have never tried to grow,, just wanted to forever!! I have heard that they do not like to be transplanted??
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2012
8:08 AM

Post #9043568

Poppies hate hate hate to be transferred, it took my Mom I think 5 years to get some from her garden to my garden, but they are going strong now... Not sure if they got started from seed or a plant because we tried everything, but there is hope they will sooner or later get started...
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

March 15, 2012
8:21 AM

Post #9043580

I have successfully WS poppies in containers, then taken -- oh, what is the expression, basically a clump about the size of a table spoon and just put the clump in the ground. They weren't much over 2" tall. And they all survived. But my weather is very mild. Since your weather is much hotter, that might explain why transplanting isn't very successful. I have moved the big orientals when full grown in large clumps including lots of dirt. Most seem to do okay also. There seems to be a lot of chat about freezing the seeds prior to sowing. I never thought about this as when I sow them in the fall they go through a long cold winter. Last year the seeds were sown in containers and went through the same winter. there is some thought that they have to be in dirt for the freezing to have any effect. Can't comment on that. I have some seeds outside for another DG'r for a good cold snap in little baggies. Sent a note to OSPS to inquire about the dirt thing. My guess would be that in your hot weather --- well, that makes no sense. California poppies thrive in hot weather. But those are not Calif poppies. Heck. You should have enough to freeze for a week or so, then sow in a couple of different types of sun and soil. Even put a few in small pots inside to start, then put the entire clump outside. Course you are having lovely weather now. lol. You can see how my mind just sort of jogs and jigs in every direction. If they don't work I will have tons more seeds this fall. I harvest every pod I can. Just hate to see those beautiful seed pods wasted and I surely don't want them taking over my garden which they would.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2012
9:25 AM

Post #9043673

I am going to pot them up and then put in the freezer for a week? Ralph is going to have a fit,,,lol
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

March 15, 2012
10:36 AM

Post #9043766

I guess that would about cover all the bases, except when 'Ralph' pitches them into the yard. Talk about WS!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2012
10:41 AM

Post #9043770

Mary you would like Ralph,, everyone does. And he would never pitch a plant out the door.. lol
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

March 15, 2012
12:13 PM

Post #9043846

Ha-ha... was only kidding. I am sure he must be nice if he is married to you. Lucky guy.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2012
2:09 PM

Post #9043953

AFTERNOON ALL or is it evening i lost track jim just called me to go eat so guess i better .
but i wanted to share a couple pictures as to the chip pile & a few Blooms .
# 1 of the 10yds +
#2 HYACHINS Popping Up
# 3 is the North side of the House where all my FERNS & Hostas are so I wanted to stop the
Water from Splashing on the siding so bad & Mold started to grow so i hope this help s back there .

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2012
5:04 PM

Post #9044181

Hey guys... :’(
Please put me on hold until further notice. My living situation is in limbo.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9044231

will do kiddo hope you stop in & chat with us & Keep us posted as to how you are . we miss ya
sorry i posted the photos here maybe i should close this one :))))

NEW CHAT THREAD
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 13, 2012
6:24 PM

Post #9081551

Mud_Elf wrote:

Me!! Me!!. I would like both and I will send postage if you like!!

Remember now Elfie?? :) (I had to go through 3 threads to find it, but I knew it was here!

Kathy - do you still want LOV? I saw earlier in this thread you said you may want more. Just let me know. I am digging tomorrow. Shoudl be beautiful weather!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 13, 2012
6:45 PM

Post #9081581

lol,, just d-mailed you...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 14, 2012
8:01 PM

Post #9082816

minni ... I would love some too, if you have enough. That is my birth flower.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 16, 2012
6:28 AM

Post #9084406

Crit - send me a Dmail
Kathy - if you still want some - send me a dmail too please.

SNOWING this morning...:(

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

April 16, 2012
3:55 PM

Post #9085152

Minne...YESSSSSS!!! lol, I would love some, I'm sorry, should have told you sooner, my DUH. The whole patch would be great, only joking, (maybe), lol.

This message was edited Apr 16, 2012 3:56 PM
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 16, 2012
6:31 PM

Post #9085395

I will only give you some :) I have it in a bed that is 8' long by about 3' deep wrapping around a tree. I put some in the front bed between the retaining wall and driveway too, but not many. I would have more, but my mom got rid of 75% of her gardens last year - they filled their pool in and needed a way around the house. Lots of plants lost there - but too much to dig and share...and not any time.
calvinccox
Burlington, ON
(Zone 5b)

May 22, 2012
1:32 AM

Post #9133010

Can't really tell if this is still active or not.. kinda new to davesgarden... But I am willing to take anything that can survive a canadian winter (some days below -40C) so it gets cold..
I am willing to trade stuff too.. I have Hostas, Irises, Mint, Lavender, Sweet Grass, Raspberries, Lilacs, ect. ect..
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 22, 2012
6:02 AM

Post #9133190

Calvin - this one is closed - but there is one for June coming up soon.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1255653/#new

You can find us here now and watch for the upcoming June trade.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America