Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: Birthday Club February 2012

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 163, Views: 870
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 6, 2012
6:49 AM

Post #8996448

After much consideration I have decided to go ahead and change the way the Birthday Club works. I think in deference to the economic times we are in I am going to change this from a gifting kind of thing to CARDS ONLY. This change will go into effect starting in January 2012. I think that is the most fair way to do it so that the people at the end of this year who have played along nicely all year will still get their gifts from everyone.

So everyone that has a birthday starting in January will get a card from each of us in the birthday club sometime the month of their birthday. It is really a lot of fun to get snail mail these days anyway since we all live in such an electronic world. If you are so inclined to want to include a pack of seeds or something flat in with the card that is strictly up to you and should not in anyway be expected by the birthday girl.

I am hoping that this will encourage some of the people that have left us and some that would like to join, but are unemployed, to jump in and make this grow. Just think about getting 10 or 20 or 30 cards in your birthday month! So spread the word far and wide and lets see if we can make some new friends and have a sort of old fashioned pen pal arrangement.

I will ask the birthday girls each month to dmail me with a list of names of those that have sent cards. I will keep track of this information and adjust the list accordingly. If you haven't sent a card to each monthly member all along the year, your name will not be eligible to receive when it is your birthday.

Current Members:

Rouxcrew (Joy) Jan. 15 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8142063
Irisluvr0252 (Debbie) Feb. 25
ClanCampbell (Chris) Feb.28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8057458
Goldhillal (Crystal) March 21
Carolyn22 (Carolyn) April 3
AmandaEsq (Amanda) April 6
FruitoftheVine- (Susan) April 9 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7958412
Crit (Patti) May 10
Mud_Elf (Kris) May 10
taters55 (LK) June 13
GAgirl1066 (Paula) Sept. 1 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8039522
Ridesredmule (Charlene) Oct. 1 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7896427
Rvnsbrk - (Juanita) Oct 9 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7886786
GardenQuail (Michelle) October 28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8242576
Dahtzu (Faye) December 25
Hope43 (Hope) Dec. 28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8005430

This message was edited Feb 6, 2012 9:54 AM

This message was edited Feb 6, 2012 6:54 PM

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Click the image for an enlarged view.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 6, 2012
6:56 AM

Post #8996458

Realized this morning that it was February and time for a new thread. So let's get the cards ready and get them there by the end of the month.

Added Debbie back in..

This message was edited Feb 6, 2012 6:55 PM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 6, 2012
7:58 AM

Post #8996548

I am soooooo sorry. (hanging head in shame) Things have been really tight here since I lost my job Sept. 30th and work for DH always slows down in Nov., Dec., Jan. & Feb. (He is a front end mechanic at our Chevy dealership and works strictly on commission) I know I still owe several girls 'boxes', which I do have ready, just need to send. I also have cards that I need to 'slap a stamp on' and get in the mail. I will pursue getting caught up on the belated boxes ... and get on the ball with the cards. Ya'll please forgive me and don't drop me!

Thanks,
Crit
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 6, 2012
1:42 PM

Post #8996956

Sorry I've been MIA! It's been a difficult 4 months with my DFIL being diagnosed with lung cancer, my ex diagnosed with esophagus cancer that has spread to the liver and spine and the kid next door tried to back his dad's manual transmission truck out of their garage (not knowing how to drive a manual transmission) and ran it through our spare bedroom! (picture below).

I did miss the January birthday(s) but can catch them up along with February if I can be forgiven and let back in!

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 6, 2012
3:46 PM

Post #8997101

Durn, thing says I can load up to 5 pictures...anyhow, charley and I are here roaming...

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 6, 2012
3:53 PM

Post #8997109

Darn Debbie... I'm really sorry to hear about all your bad luck. I'll put ya back in. Joy was the only birthday for January.

My father passed away last year from esophageal cancer. It is no picnic for anyone.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 6, 2012
4:52 PM

Post #8997189

That's a heavy load to bear, Debbie. So glad to see you again.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 6, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #8997325

Patti, don't feel bad.. I owed 2 boxes from December! Sooooo... Faye and Hope, there will be a box coming your way, but not from me.. I ordered online and it'll be shipped directly to you!

My cards will go out tomorrow..

In addition to my mandatory OT, they've decided to cross train me for another area that's having trouble getting caught up. I'm not stressed..no sir, not me! Now where did I put that margarita????

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 6, 2012
6:47 PM

Post #8997330

The room is getting repaired, the ex has taken 2 weeks of radiation and will have chemo treatments in hopes of extending his life possibly till the end of the year. The dr said without any treatment he would only have a couple of months. He can't eat because of the tumor in the esophagus so he has a feeding tube. DFIL will be 83 next month and has heart problems. He is in stage 4 so there isnt much that can be done...the dr said chemo would be the only treatment if he could even take it. We are basically taking it one day at a time and trying to enjoy the time remaining. Please keep all of us in your prayers!
It really feels good to be back on DG!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 7, 2012
5:32 AM

Post #8997644

Sending lots of prayers for your hubby and family!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 7, 2012
11:45 AM

Post #8998061

Things are really tight around here. I owe the 2 December boxes too. Maybe I will send them this summer as a 1/2 year birthday box. lol I'll get them out, as I got nice boxes from them. If there are other months that I missed you, please let me know. I want to reciprocate as we are suppose to, just not sure when. lol Glad I had some stuff, that I got at sales last year I liked, for swaps this year. I'm good to go on several of them, just have to have postage money. lol
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 8, 2012
4:42 PM

Post #8999650

Patti, would it be possible for you and Twyla to meet for coffee? That would save you a bit of postage.

Think Mexico, Chris, chilling in the sun slurping on a slushy margarita :)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 8, 2012
6:14 PM

Post #8999750

Hey Patti - feeling your pain as I scrounged for postage to send out the west to east round robin today. I haven't heard from the employer today as they suggested that I would after the HR lady got involved, but neighbor lady said perhaps HR lady was out sick? :D

That's one way to look at it I suppose. I am not so anxious about them calling to offer me a job so much as them calling or writing to say no. IT's a good opportunity or stepping stone to get back into a good firm. Who knows where it will lead. With the hand injury my aspirations of digging in the dirt for a living are on hold, at least for now.

Keep you posted, and do forgive us poor folk. ;)

Love to all.
A.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 8, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #8999814

As the old saying goes, Manda, "No news is good news." Hang in there, Girlfriend. With your background and expertise, not to mention your quick wit and quirky sense of humor, you're bound to land a good job...soon.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2012
3:48 AM

Post #9000032

Ditto what Froots said Amanda! Fingers are still crossed.

Lovely snow here. Just my kind. All over the trees, but not on the driveway. Heading out for an early appointment. Have that yucky doctor thing we all hate to go to today.

They couldn't finish my backsplash yesterday because they were short on some of the tile, so now we are on hold until more comes in. Have to bring the painter up the driveway before I leave so she can keep on doing her thing. Was hoping this would all be over by tomorrow, but not quite.

Guess I better get my hind end down to the card room and get some cards ready for our girls this month. Yikes!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2012
7:52 AM

Post #9000257

Neener, Here is my link. I noticed it didn't make it at the top:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8217784

Going to town today. Plan to make a card run so I am all set. Sure wish DH hours would go up. His paychecks since Christmas have been the lowest he has had since he started there over a year ago.

Yes Fruity ... I had thought about inviting Twyla for coffee as well. I really need to do that. Would love to meet her. Would have to do it late morning or afternoon because mornings are really hard for me to get around. Then, I never know how I will be feeling from day to day. Woa is me. lol

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 9, 2012
8:28 AM

Post #9000303

FruitOfTheVine wrote:As the old saying goes, Manda, "No news is good news." Hang in there, Girlfriend. With your background and expertise, not to mention your quick wit and quirky sense of humor, you're bound to land a good job...soon.

This woman knows me so well, after only meeting in person what - three times? :D

Will keep you all posted, Patti - I know how hard it is, but isn't it sweet to have these lovely people on DG to help you keep a smile on your face?

Love you all. It's a pretty day. I said maybe I should be checking the mailbox for a ding letter today since I haven't heard yet. O well. Will not hold my breath, either way.

I am going to start the seed thing today. I decided this morning if I waited till after I got organized it'd be as bad or worse than last year with school and the hand injury. Just start going thru the boxes and baggies and stash I've built up over the course of the year (thank you EVERYONE!!!)(paid subscription in March) and start wintersowing in jugs, of course maybe just perennials since annuals are going to start popping if we don't have a prolonged cold spell. Blah.

Just thinking of cold makes me . . . well, cold I guess is what.

Later.
A.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2012
9:15 AM

Post #9000357

Patti we really don't need the likes and dislikes links to send cards. :0) That's why they aren't there. I need to delete them all, just haven't done it yet.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2012
2:20 PM

Post #9000739

Yeah, Manda. We need to make that 4 or more any day now. How's Rita and her egg situation?

My friends Chris and Debbie, your B-day cards are in the wind :)

Put a mark on the wall being a bit early, Neener...or not since yours have coats of fresh paint...lol

Miss seeing a bunch of our regulars here. What's everybody up to?

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 9, 2012
3:01 PM

Post #9000775

i'm sneezing too much to be able to type. Oaks are starting to bud and my allergies have woken up. Took the tractor up to the garden and tilled the whole thing early this week. Potatoes and onions are in, planting some tomatoes and peppers this weekend, maybe squash. Heck the sunflowers the birds dropped are coming up so maybe I should start them as well.
Lambing is done till April, same with kidding. Geese are laying and getting ready to set. Sox is shedding her winter coat and the dogs are leaving fuzz everywhere.
Dave suggested that if I took the junk out of our future bathroom he would start on the floor. That is a sure sign of spring.

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew   Thumbnail by rouxcrew
Click an image for an enlarged view.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2012
3:08 PM

Post #9000784

OMG Joy, what an incredibly beautiful shot of your Peacock stuttin' his stuff! Made my day.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2012
4:15 PM

Post #9000894

Man that bird is a stunner. Made my day too!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2012
4:17 PM

Post #9000897

He doesn't look real, he's such a bright color.. beautiful bird!!

Hey Joy, is that you looking for your next bikini in that pic???? :)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2012
4:30 PM

Post #9000916

Our department stores have racks of bikinis out too, sorta rushing the season, me thinks. My days of wearing an Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini are long gone. *sigh*

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 9, 2012
6:06 PM

Post #9001007

Bikinis and winter coats, What a combination!!

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 9, 2012
7:52 PM

Post #9001187

Yeah Char, we were talking about that last week, winter coats next to the bikinis. Russell has a little competition, we have a new Bourbon Red tom turkey and two hens. The tom is full of himself, prancing around showing off and Russell steps up to his pen and fans out his tail as it to say, "You call that a tail, THIS is a tail!".
I have SO outgrown a bikini, I need a hoist to keep everything in place, and the lumps and bumps would terrify even my dogs!

Joy

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 10, 2012
5:45 AM

Post #9001479

Yes, I scare myself sometime...☺

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 10, 2012
6:56 AM

Post #9001583

Found my stamps,, think I found box with cards, Will try to mail cards out in the next day or 2!! House is 55% unpacked and 10% organized,,,sigh.

Amanda please d-mail me your snail mail addy!!

Elfie
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2012
9:45 AM

Post #9001792

Bikinis??? What the heck you say? If I did that I'd scare the owls out of the woods. Airplanes would fall from the sky. Perish the thought.

Having already flunked my diplomacy course here, I am backing off all earlier statements made about sending cards. You all know how I feel. I'm finished wasting brain cells on trying to figure out how to "make" it work. It will be what it is.

I don't know if I mnetioned, but I got the funniest card the other day from Paula for my birthday. It so cracked me up and made my day. So even if you are a few months late, the thought is still there.

Possibly more snow on the way here for tomorrow. Just enough to make a mess. We shall see.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 10, 2012
10:02 AM

Post #9001811

I will be sending warmest huggs and only cards to all,, Thats my story and I'a'sticken to it,,,lol

Being lazy today. Tired of unpacking.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 10, 2012
8:13 PM

Post #9002410

Goober is growing up. Here is how she looked tonight for her first boy / girl Dance!!!!

I want my baby girl back!!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 10, 2012
11:48 PM

Post #9002494

Oh Geeez. You didn't say B/G dance on the other thread. NOW I get it. Sheesh! I think I was in 10th grade before I got to go to a dance. They sure are starting younger these days.

Kids!!!

A.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2012
6:21 AM

Post #9002611

WOW Elfie!! She is gonna break some hearts...

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 11, 2012
8:46 AM

Post #9002829

Yuppers
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 11, 2012
9:41 AM

Post #9002897

Elfie

She is beautiful and I love her dress. Did she like her dress and getting all dressed up? I always felt better when I was all dressed up. There is something to feeling pretty.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 11, 2012
10:57 AM

Post #9002961

Treasure those memories, they grow up so fast!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 11, 2012
11:22 AM

Post #9002981

She bought the dress with her own money and her shoes and purse too!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2012
5:44 PM

Post #9003396

Wow, what a stunning young lady. Question, does she have teeth? lol Can't tell in the photos. She's giving that 'come hither stare'. :-) With or without teeth... gorgeous!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 12, 2012
10:05 AM

Post #9004033

She has lots of teeth..lol
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 12, 2012
7:27 PM

Post #9004642

Oh my gosh, Elfie, tell Miss Goober I think she looked absolutely beautiful! How did she sit still long enough for the pics...lol She looks so demure but like I've always said, she has that special twinkle in her eyes like she's always up to something. I love her dress and the soft curls in her hair. She's already a heart-breaker and it won't be long before Ralphie has to blow the dust off his shotgun.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 12, 2012
8:22 PM

Post #9004685

Waving hello... Good to get back to catching up with everyone :)
Debbie, glad you can still be with us :) Will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Have discovered signs of spring amongst my plants on the deck... lots of sweet alyssum seedlings are up (these were planted using old seed that I wasn't sure would germinate) and pansy seedlings are up, too, now that we've gotten some more rain. And my fall-planted calla lilies are starting to put up a few shoots! Yay!!! I also discovered a few daffodils starting to send up leaves, and my freesias are already sending up flower buds! And my sweet peas are climbing their trellis... And the cerinthe and stock I planted in the fall are really starting to grow, too. Spring is springing around here... Hope the weather doesn't turn too cold again...
Oh, and Susan, the Dianthus that I got with the gift certificate you gave me last year bloomed all the way through winter this year :) Been a milder one, though, so that probably helped. Never did dig up my tuberoses. Kept waiting for them to die back, but they never did completely, so I just let them grow. Gardening is a wonderful adventure :)
Michelle
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 13, 2012
5:21 PM

Post #9005668

Michelle, I'm so happy for you. You're off to a great start having so many things popping up. It'll be a while yet before I start veggies and some annuals. I didn't winter sow perennials this year and may be sorry I didn't. Our temps have been so unusually mild but know we can be hit with a snow storm as late as March. Just went through my bin last week-end thinking of all the possibilities. All I have blooming in the gardens at the moment is a lone Lenten Rose, but I'll take what I can get in the middle of Winter. Tulips will be blooming soon and have a nice crop of Muscari. I can hardly wait to get my Caladium bulbs back in pots, along with Callas. You're lucky being able to leave yours in the ground.

Paula, one of the Begonias you rooted for me last year and including in my B-day box is blooming. A lovely white. I'll have to take a pic.

Have you two February gals rec'd your cards from me yet? Anxious to hear how you like them.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 13, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #9005683

Fruity, I dmailed you :) I received mine today and it is the cutest thing! I was going to give you credit for being so creative, but I see that it's from Etsy LOL!!

Thank you.. I love mine!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 13, 2012
7:24 PM

Post #9005779

So glad you liked your card, Chris. I don't know how long it would have taken me to make one like it, if I ever could.

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 14, 2012
5:53 PM

Post #9006982

Mine came on Saturday! I love the card! Thanks Fruity! I need to get cards mailed too! We almost have the room finished...carpet was installed today and the trim goes on tomorrow. Such a relief to get things back in order. Will take a pic when it is all done!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 15, 2012
4:25 AM

Post #9007289

Had this from Twyla this morning. For some reason she couldn't get it to post.

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

February 15, 2012
4:34 AM

Post #9007291

Just checking in...forgot to click 'watch' thread on this one. We had two nights of 20 degree weather and now right back to 50s at night and 70s during the day. Just enough to damage some of the things starting to bloom.
Errrr!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 15, 2012
9:17 AM

Post #9007632

Yeah Paula the weather is sure screwy this year. I think we are going to have a lot of bug issues and weed problems because we haven't had a lot of cold, hard freezes so far. Time will tell.

Well ladies, my backsplash tile that was backordered is in and they will be finishing up tomorrow. I will take some pics of the new kitchen then and show you what's been going on around here that's made me soooooo cranky. :0)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 15, 2012
10:05 AM

Post #9007681

I was going to post pictures of the new place, but somehow in the move my camera completely dissapeared,,sigh.

I have mailed out my cards today and I am shocked at how much it hurt to write 2 notes and a quick letter. I really need to talk to the doc about this ,,,again,,,
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 15, 2012
11:53 AM

Post #9007782

I know what you mean Elfie. I was trying to sign my cards this morning and was having trouble with the writing part. Funny how we used to write all the time and now we type everything. My handwriting that was crappy in the beginning is really illegible now. My hand is better than it was, but I ain't ever gonna be young again. Just ask Amanda.. She'll tell you all about my gray hairs :0)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 15, 2012
5:36 PM

Post #9008188

Ohhhh geez - don't get me started. I thought you were going to ask about how it hurts to write with my right hand. :P

A.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2012
5:49 PM

Post #9008196

rvnsbrk wrote:Had this from Twyla this morning. For some reason she couldn't get it to post.

I've been looking and looking.. what did you have from Twyla?? LOL
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 15, 2012
6:00 PM

Post #9008206

My penmanship has really gone downhill, now it's more of a scrawl. I doubt I'll ever be able to do calligraphy again like I did years ago. Printing, which I do a lot, still looks half decent and may go that route with your B-Day card next month, Crystal.

Are you loving your new house, Paula?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 15, 2012
7:56 PM

Post #9008317

Well I type with a stylus now it is much easier on my hands and I am getting very good at it.
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

February 16, 2012
4:00 AM

Post #9008487

Hi Fruity,
Yes, we are loving our new house. I just can't wait to plant everything (most) outside. I will have so much less to handwater. I have something for you, but can't seem to get it mailed...LOL. I'll try to get it out soon!

Still going through stuff at the old house. Had a yard sale this past weekend and made a little over $400 so that was nice. This is going to be my landscape fund...still no landscape. I have got to do it SOON!!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2012
5:14 AM

Post #9008517

Well shoot Chris. I know I cut and pasted it from Twyla. Let me see if I can try it again.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2012
5:15 AM

Post #9008518

From Twyla

Well that's just pain weird. It shows when I type the message and then disappears when I post. I'll dmail it to you.

This message was edited Feb 16, 2012 8:16 AM

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 16, 2012
6:21 AM

Post #9008604

Paula,, where is the new house? I have forgotten.
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

February 16, 2012
8:01 AM

Post #9008696

Blackshear, Ga,...just 15 miles from the other one. How is your move going...have you found everything yet? I have found things I forgot I had...LOL!

Also, all the sweet things...papers my children did when they were in first grade, etc. and other things that bring back such sweet memories. Packing those things up...LOL
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2012
2:54 PM

Post #9009126

Thank you Neener.. I'm glad she got it ok. Has anyone heard from Faye? I hope everything's ok with her and Ray. She should have gotten my package by now too.

Now to get my butt in gear with other stuff LOL...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 16, 2012
3:50 PM

Post #9009191

Faye posted a few days ago on another thread that Ray is doing well, and she was busy painting for charity homes. I will tell her come and check this thread.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 17, 2012
7:04 PM

Post #9010558

Neener, are you ready for the snow Sunday? If you believe the forecast, we're supposed to get 2-4". More is predicted up your way. Can't wait to see pics of your new kitchen, and know how glad you must be having your house back without a bunch of contractors to deal with.

Having a blank canvas you can paint with flowers over time, Paula, is a beautiful thing and always a work in progress. You'll get there. I'm hoping this year to convince hubby he can live without a little more lawn to mow.

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 17, 2012
7:27 PM

Post #9010570

Thanks LK :) Glad to hear that Ray's been doing good!

I'm finally caught up again.. the cards I needed to send went out today..now to get myself even more ahead lol.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2012
8:04 AM

Post #9010962

Ready as I'll ever be for snow, but they have downgraded it this morning, so we may get lucky.

The pics I took of the kitchen aren't good, so I need to do it again. Have to wait for the sun to move so it isn't so overpowering in there.

Glad everyone is getting the cards in the mail.

I'm off to get some mangoes ready for the deydrator. Always fun and games going on here.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 18, 2012
12:08 PM

Post #9011191

I received a card from Charleen and Charley yesterday..very pretty card with parrots on the front. It's another handmade card..one of these days I'm going to try my hand at making cards..that's something I've never done before.

Thank you Char/Charley!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 18, 2012
2:56 PM

Post #9011313

A friend of mine in England made those Cards. Muriel does such a beautiful job.
You are welcome, Charley and I are so glad you liked it...
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2012
7:44 AM

Post #9011933

Chris you should have a card from me by now too..Hope it didn't go AWOL.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 19, 2012
10:58 AM

Post #9012075

Nope, I haven't received it yet- I bet it'll be here Tuesday after the holiday.

But I did get one from Faye yesterday and I sure agree with it :) "Drink to the day and forget the year!" How true that is lol
And that's exactly what I think I'll do :)
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2012
4:06 PM

Post #9013838

chris got it ready to mail.. and irisluvr

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 20, 2012
6:31 PM

Post #9014047

Did anyone get the ones I sent??
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 21, 2012
1:36 AM

Post #9014257

I have 2 cards going out today. I have to get thoughts together for my daughters' birthday. Thinking about making a chocolate/white chocolate bark to send to her...Her gift has already been sent out...
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2012
7:40 AM

Post #9014500

I have received several cards and will list who sent them this evening. I know I got one from Charlene, Kris, Susan (Fruity) and I can't recall the others right now.

In negotiations with selling my grandparents house and property as well as getting the final repairs done to our house (YEAH!). Hopefully things will calm down somewhat and I will have more time to be on DG! FIL will not be doing any radiation treatments so we are trying to spend more time with him too. I was to a point that I didn't want to talk to anyone and just wanted to be left alone! Thank goodness for doctors and certain medicines!

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2012
4:13 PM

Post #9015089

I received Neener's and Kris's today.. thank you both! I got a chuckle out of both of them :) Kris, cause of the 'oops' on the front and Neener cause of the back of the envelope. It said "Look! Real Mail in ith all the bills and junk" :-)

Waving hi to Twyla! Hope you're doing ok, sweet lady!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2012
5:31 PM

Post #9015170

Also received cards from Faye/dahtzu, Neener and Chris/clancampbell! Thank you! Getting those cards really has brightened my days!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2012
4:41 AM

Post #9015526

Sometimes I really dislike DG. Ate my whole post. With pictures.

Anyhoo, hope everyone is doing good. Fun to get all those cards isn't it??

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2012
5:12 AM

Post #9015553

I love getting cards!! I know mine are not homemade, but I do try. lol

Chris>>> So glad you like my terrible writing. Usually Ralph writes for me. But I really wanted these to be personal, so you guys will just have to bear with the really bad hand writing.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2012
9:19 AM

Post #9015842

I'm with you Elfie. My thumbs hurt so bad it makes it difficult to write.

Going to be getting cards out soon. Going to town today!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 22, 2012
9:27 AM

Post #9015858

My cards are in the mailbox. You should have them in a few days!
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2012
2:40 PM

Post #9016189

Hi everyone. Haven't read anything here since my last post. Boy do things change fast. Ray has just gotton home from another Emergency stay at the Hospital. EMT took him in last Fri. AM @ 4:30 and I got him home last night. The Stint that was in his Kidney had caused infection and the infection again had spread into his bloodstream. Sun. while at the Hospital Ray's Kidney shut down and his bowels blocked. On Mon. he was transported from Mariah Parham to Wake Med. in Raleigh so a Surgeon there could go from Ray's back and put a tube into the Kidney to drain the fluid build up. While in surgery, Ray's breathing got to be a concern for the Surgeon so off to the Emergency Room to spend the remainder of the day. The XRay that was done sowed that the Surgeon hadn't punctured Ray's lung. The Dr. told me why he wanted the XRay only after he had seen the results. Then on Tues. afternoon the bowels finally decided to work...first time since the past Fri.

Thank you so much Chris for the Birthday Gift. About the cutiest Water Pump I've ever seen. I can imagine how fine it will look in my small Semp. garden.

Thumbnail by dahtzu

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 22, 2012
2:55 PM

Post #9016205

My cards went out today!!!!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2012
3:01 PM

Post #9016217

{{{ Faye and Ray }}} You both must be exhausted. At least he's home now. Love you, lady!

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2012
4:04 PM

Post #9016316

Thank you sweet Susan. Yes we are exhausted and tears are always close to surfacing.
The tube that was put into Ray's kidney has to stay for 2+ weeks, hopefully giving the kidney time to rest and heal from the Stint infection. Pray that infection doesn't result from the tube. Ray is now on Oxygen, hopefully not for long.
I go to Duke Hosp. tomorrow to the E.N.T. Clinic. Have nose pollops that have to come out before I can have surgery to stop my eyes from running water all the time...no, this water isn't from crying, but it's so on my last nerve that sometimes all I want to do is cry. I am just a mess, a total wreck.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2012
4:51 PM

Post #9016377

(((Faye))) I'm so sorry to hear about this scary time- you'll have lots of prayers going out for both you and Ray.. hang in there, my friend!

Ok, does everyone understand that this bday present I sent was for DECEMBER lol... that's so terrible. Oh-Faye, it's solar too. The "welcome" on it will light at night once you get it set up outside. I thought it was cute as can be :) And I'm so glad you like it!

Give Ray a hug and kiss from all of us..

Chris
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 22, 2012
5:09 PM

Post #9016396

Hi, all.
Faye, I'll be praying for you and Ray.
Paula, glad to hear you are enjoying your new home! Have fun planning your landscape. Remember, it's a work in progress, and it's okay if it doesn't all get done right now... Be sure to enjoy the process, too :)
Neener and Debbie, hope things are continuing to go smoothly... I'm sure it will all be a great relief when all is done! And I hope you enjoy things the way they turn out :)
My cards for our February birthdays should make it to the post office this evening or tomorrow, so either way, they should be on their way tomorrow. Will post again when I know they've made it to the post office :)
Take care, everyone!
Michelle
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 22, 2012
6:01 PM

Post #9016456

Faye - please know that both you and Ray are in my thoughts and prayers.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2012
5:37 AM

Post #9016832

Geez Faye I so want you to get a break.. Goodness.

Glad everyone is checking in. I'm off to the store and then since we are having a 60+ degree day here I'm heading out to rake up leaves and do some clean up out there. It will be a nice change from painting trim. :0)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 23, 2012
6:37 AM

Post #9016928

Here is our forecast for the next few days! Not bad at all!
Today

84 | 50

Friday

68 | 41

Saturday

63 | 46

Sunday

66 | 55

Monday

73 | 61

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 23, 2012
7:41 AM

Post #9016986

Beat me to it LK, we are supposed to hit 86 today. Guess I will be planting beans and squash today, already have a bunch of tomatoes and peppers in the ground. All my lettuce is bitter because of the weird weather and I don't know if my poppies will get a chance to bloom. But I am so thankful for the recent rains.
OMG, now I am going to have to start shaving my legs again!!!!!!!

Joy

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 23, 2012
7:59 AM

Post #9017003

Heck, I shaved mine this morning,, Was tired of having more hair on my legs than Ralph does,,whaaaa..lol

Faye, I think of you and Ray daily. Please let him know I wish him well and hope he does not get any further problems. Tell him I said "" That is an order young man"" !!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2012
5:42 PM

Post #9017627

Faye, have been keeping you and Ray in my prayers. I still need to send a birthday box for you, but with no thread on you I don't really know what you like or don't like. You sent me such a nice box with my favorite perfume in it (minus the cap! LOL). I was so thrilled to get it. Can you give me some hints?

LK, your weather forecast looks like ours except for the 84 and our nights are still going down close to freezing. I can't believe the mild winter we have had so far. I'm still waiting for the late March/early April blizzard! lol I don't move anything out until after May 1st, even though I may want to really badly.

I got cards today. Now just have to sign and mail them. Yea! I finally accomplished something. :-)
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 23, 2012
7:35 PM

Post #9017747

Hi, all.
Debbie and Chris, your cards were mailed this evening. The mailbox says pick-up is at 10am tomorrow. So, they're on their way!
Oh, and they're signed by me and my guide dog :)
Michelle

This message was edited Feb 23, 2012 9:16 PM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2012
8:07 PM

Post #9017779

Dang, Joy, depending on the varieties, you'll be harvesting tomatoes and peppers as early as April or May. Seeds of squash, cukes, zukes, tomatoes, and sweet & hot peppers -- among others -- are waiting patiently at the top of my seed bin, but it's to early to start them here til next month.

Mickey has a grooming appt tomorrow morning and I'll swing by my MIL's for a surprise visit. She's been craving sauteed onions and mushrooms cooked in butter with a touch of Worcester sauce since Christmas when I served them with steaks. I made a big batch for her last month and put it in the freezer. My MIL turned 80 Christmas week, is still full of drama, and never know what I'm walking into. You know I'd much rather be having a casual lunch with you instead, Manda.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 24, 2012
4:35 AM

Post #9017980

Good luck on your visit Frootz. Hope she is upright and moving around without any issues. :0)

Getting ready to make some sausage to go in the smoker for tomorrow. Way behind in my cooking chores since things have been so torn up around here.

Did manage to get outside yestserday to move some leaves off a few beds. Still have more to go. I took the chains off the utility vehicle so that should assure that we will get a late snow. God forbid!

Behave yourself today and have a great Friday!

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 24, 2012
7:07 AM

Post #9018142

Be thinking of you Fruit when I am eating them! Maybe I will send some in your birthday card. gg Planted sunflowers yesterday, heck the ones the birds have dropped are taking over the front yard, might as well put some in that I actually want! Told Dave that I wasn't planting beans till I had help with trellising, I know that "We'll just put it up later" doesn't work. Found a bunch of annual seeds in the drawer including the mystery seeds that are so prevalent in my world. You know the ones, snip off a pod of something knowing you will remember what it is, of course you will, it is so obvious! I have several envelopes and baggies of those things.

Joy
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 24, 2012
7:09 AM

Post #9018144

I keep wanting to clean the leaves out of my flower beds, but am afraid it is too early. I leave them there as insulation for the plants below. With the pretty weather we have been having, I have the gardening itch! Maybe I will ws or start some seeds inside to scratch that itch for a little while. :-)

St. Patricks Day swap sign ups are being taken if anyone is interested.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243603/
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 24, 2012
4:46 PM

Post #9018796

I hear you, Patti. Yesterday I tackled cutting back Pampas grass and had a sore butt this morning. Felt good being out there 'doing something' though and need to get myself whipped back in shape sooner than later.

Most of ya'll know I'm not much of a morning person, but was out the door by 8:30, well before Mickey's 10:30 appt an hour away. After I dropped him off a bit early and got to visit with the groomer, her dogs, and a beautiful Sheltie she'd just finished, I hit the grocery store. Then swung by my MIL's after I'd picked him up so she could see him all pretty and smelling good. She wanted to snuggle with him but all he wanted to do was take a nap on her carpet. A day at the "spa" wears him out and he'll probably sleep all day tomorrow too. Turns out she was expecting the lady from the County that's helping her now * second one she's had this year * and was really surprised to see us. We had a good visit, short and sweet, since we needed to git before the rain storms hit. But I did get to meet the new lady that's helping her, so full of personality with a great sense of humor and an excellent work ethic. I hope my MIL doesn't run her off.

It was 81 freaking degrees this afternoon with tornado watches and warnings til 4 pm. A far cry from the 6" of snow that fell last Sunday.

gg back atcha, Joy. By then you'll probably have tomato seeds saved for next year or maybe some to slime on my card...LOL

Pic is one of the Begonias you sent me last year for my B-day, Paula. The white blooms are so pretty against the dark foliage with silvery white spots. I was too lazy to dig next to it to retrieve the name tag, but it's there and you probably recognize the plant anyway.

Happy Birthday tomorrow, Debbie! Do something nice for yourself. You deserve it!

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 24, 2012
7:16 PM

Post #9018971

Thank you to Carolyn and Twyla- I received your cards today and I so appreciate them :)

I really like getting cards all month long..
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 25, 2012
9:55 AM

Post #9019485

You are very welcome!

Happy Birthday Debbie.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2012
10:21 AM

Post #9019513

Happy Birthday Debbie!!!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 25, 2012
11:44 AM

Post #9019602

Lordy I'm late again. Debbie have a Happy Birthday. I hope things get better now for you for the next year. Everyone I know deserves a break from the sickness and cancer that seems to be affecting more people than not.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 25, 2012
1:17 PM

Post #9019677

Happy Birthday Debbie!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2012
1:42 PM

Post #9019708

happy birthday, almost birthday twin :) Hope it's a great one!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 25, 2012
3:03 PM

Post #9019814

Happy Birthday Debbie! Hope you have a great day!

Thumbnail by taters55

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 25, 2012
4:15 PM

Post #9019931

LK I NEED a piece of that cake. Man that looks good!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2012
4:40 PM

Post #9019961

Me too!!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2012
6:22 PM

Post #9020053

Sitting here with my fork in hand, just waiting for my slice :)

I forgot to say that in the card from Carolyn was a packet of Datura seeds..triple yellow.. love Datura! Thank you so much for them :)

I'm taking them over to Shawn's (son) house to put them under the grow lights he has set up for his celosia.. he texted me a pic of his plants today, saying there's now about a ZILLION of them and all have several sets of leaves LOL

I'll upload a pic later to show you... he's not joking LOL
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

February 25, 2012
6:30 PM

Post #9020061

Happy Birthday Debbie!!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2012
9:25 PM

Post #9020200

Hummm.. maybe I should send my seeds to him to get started??
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 25, 2012
9:59 PM

Post #9020214

Hi, all.
Debbie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
And did someone say there's Cake? Can you pass me a slice, too? Aw, isn't it nice to know that you have so many friends eager to celebrate your birthday with you and to share that cake with you? :)
Hope you have a wonderful year!
Michelle

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

February 26, 2012
5:35 AM

Post #9020348

Hope my card will arrive tomorrow. Sorry I'm late:( The holiday and weekend messed me up. I will learn to not try to hit the day, just go on and send early.

Happy Birthday, all month (year) long!!!

This message was edited Feb 26, 2012 8:36 AM

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

February 26, 2012
5:39 AM

Post #9020354

Can anyone tell me how to add my name to the space to the right of the message where it says goldhillal? I just can't figure how to do it. I have trouble remembering which real name is linked with the screen name. Maybe other people do (or did) too and if everyone had a name it would make it easier for me. So I want to fix my own first.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 26, 2012
6:47 AM

Post #9020430

Crystal,, go to your info,
then location,
add your name in the box before your City.
Save and you are done!!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2012
7:20 AM

Post #9020472

Thanks everyone! Had a wonderful day, finished with a family dinner at a wonderful local family owned/operated restaurant! They serve everything - steaks, chicken, pork chops, whole fried catfish (my favorite!). It was awesome!

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

February 26, 2012
10:12 AM

Post #9020687

went to my info but do not see any way to change location. I will keep looking... unless you think of something else to clue me as to what to look for to put in my name

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 26, 2012
10:22 AM

Post #9020700

Go to the home page and click on the my info tab, then on the left side of the next page scroll down, and click on Manage your preferences. On the next page look on the left side again, and click on "your location". Then where it says, your city, I typed in my my name in () in front of my city.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

February 26, 2012
10:35 AM

Post #9020712

Ok. thanks, Linda.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 27, 2012
5:19 PM

Post #9022531

Hi everybody! I received 3 cards today..

Michelle with her neat braille card, it was so cool that the flower on it is raised too. Thank you so much!

Then I received one from LK-it's a musical one from the Peanuts gang and played the piano song that Schroeder plays on the tv specials. I love it :)

The last one is from Crystal and I could smell it before I opened the door to my post office box! Wow..that smells sooo good! It's called Fresh Scents and this one is "Watermark". Am I right on the scent, Crystal? I want candles with that scent! I feel like a cat with their catnip LOL..

Thank you all..it's so nice to have cards when I get home :)
Hugs to everyone!

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

February 27, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9022656

Hope you like it. I put one in my closet. I worried that the PO would be suspicious of it!! Heehee

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 27, 2012
7:32 PM

Post #9022672

Smelly cards??? Wow...lol

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

February 27, 2012
7:43 PM

Post #9022687

heehee. Maybe fragrant is a better word? or not?

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 27, 2012
9:10 PM

Post #9022779

Hey Chris, did you get my card? I mailed back on the 22nd,

Joy

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 27, 2012
9:13 PM

Post #9022784

yes,, much better...lol
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 27, 2012
10:23 PM

Post #9022818

Hi, all.
Chris, glad to hear you received the card :) Have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!
Hmmm, a scented card... clever idea!
Michelle
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2012
5:30 AM

Post #9022960

Happy Birthday Chris!! I hope it's a fun day for you. Do you have to work or can you get a day off to yourself? Sure Hope LK sstops by with another one of those fabulous cakes she finds somewhere.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 28, 2012
5:55 AM

Post #9022993

Happy Birthday Chris! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Plenty of cake for all to share!

Thumbnail by taters55   Thumbnail by taters55

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2012
6:11 AM

Post #9023024

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS! Hope your day is filled with wonderful birthday surprises and you have a fantabulous day!

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 28, 2012
6:46 AM

Post #9023091

Happy belated birthday iris and Happy Birthday Chris!!!!!!

Iris, did you get my card?

Joy
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2012
7:51 AM

Post #9023168

Yes I did Joy! Thanks! I did get a couple more cards yesterday and will post who those are from this evening (I know one was from Michelle).

Thanks!
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

February 28, 2012
7:55 AM

Post #9023171

Joy,
Did you get my card? It was late...sorry, but you should have gotten it a couple of weeks ago.

Happy Birthday Chris!

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 28, 2012
8:13 AM

Post #9023194

Yes I did, I am sorry that I didn't get it posted, it really made me smile! Thanks so much!

Joy
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2012
1:46 PM

Post #9023547

Happiest Birthday, Missy Clan! Have a beautiful day and year, my friend.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 28, 2012
2:43 PM

Post #9023638

I have tried like a dozen times to say happy birthday to Chris. My post does not show up,,,whaaaa

Trying again...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2012
2:48 PM

Post #9023644

LOL!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2012
3:57 PM

Post #9023748

Yep LK..that's a cake. :0) I'll have a piece right now.

Been painting all day. I am whipped and heading to the shower. I must be getting old. This is all getting to be too much for me...sigh...

I did have help today. First they brought me a brace of mice and then they decided to help paint.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 28, 2012
4:10 PM

Post #9023765

A brace of mice?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2012
5:07 PM

Post #9023835

Love seeing those kitties all grown up, Neener.

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2012
5:45 PM

Post #9023896

I'm cracking up over that 'fairy' you put on here Elfie LOL.. I'm afraid to ask who that is :)

Thank you for all the birthday wishes..it's been a good day :) I went and signed all the preliminary papers for buying the house..nice birthday present. lol
I'm reading all the different ideas for the pergola and thinking..I'll never live up to what they want to do LOL.. I agree it's going to need vines, but I'm not sure what one yet. I love clematis, morning glory, hyacinth bean, and on and on.. so who knows what will wind up there lol.. but I don't want bees around where I want to sit..hmmm.. a dilemma

Joy..forgive me! I DID receive it and thought I had posted, but evidently not! I love that little dog.. he is soooooo cute! With that dirty face and looking as if he's saying "What? I didn't do it". Adorable! Thank you :)

Neener, I did have to work..with the mandatory OT, if I use PTO then I still have to get my 8 hours of OT-so in 4 days, I have to work 40 hours :) It's best to not take a day off right now LOL

Thanks again everyone.. it's great to have such good friends :)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2012
5:57 PM

Post #9023906

{{{{{ Hugs }}}} We all love you, Chris. I thought today if you get that adorable house, it'll probably be your best B-day present...ever!
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 28, 2012
11:21 PM

Post #9024163

Hi, all.
Oh, Chris, what a lovely birthday present... a house! :) That's really cool that you got to sign the papers today. Hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for you! Looking forward to hearing that you're moving in!
Hmmm, more cake... yum!!!
Michelle
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 29, 2012
1:21 AM

Post #9024180

Can't wait to see pictures of the house - oh and the yard! How big is the lot? What kind of landscaping is there Chris? Our yard started out with nothing but a dog run. I was so excited!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 29, 2012
2:09 AM

Post #9024189

Yes it is me in the pic...lol. I morphed my face in over someone pic I found on the web...
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 29, 2012
2:00 PM

Post #9024865

ooohhh... that could be fun. How does one morph into other photos Kris?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 29, 2012
2:34 PM

Post #9024901

You know she has that magic wand and lots of fairy dust...lol
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 29, 2012
2:39 PM

Post #9024904

This is so true!

Thumbnail by Carolyn22

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 29, 2012
3:46 PM

Post #9024983

Carolyn, it's a pretty small lot which I really wanted..didn't want to have to do a lot of mowing :) I think the lot is like 0.13 acre lol.. It already has some landscaping, so I can't wait to see what pops up this summer for me :) I hope to get to talk to the sellers about what they know about the plants.

I thought it was you, Elfie LOL... too funny :)

I received a card today from Debbie.. thank you! :)

Here's a few of the pics from the realtor's website... I don't get the furniture, darn it..but I do get the appliances :)

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell   Thumbnail by ClanCampbell   Thumbnail by ClanCampbell   Thumbnail by ClanCampbell   Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 29, 2012
4:25 PM

Post #9025066

Chris, that is so pretty! Let us know when you have those feet propped up on the deck, and your sippin on that margarita!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 29, 2012
5:08 PM

Post #9025127

It's obvious how much the sellers took great pride in it, Chris, both inside and out. I'm so happy for you!

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 29, 2012
6:00 PM

Post #9025211

Chris

I love it! It is just adorable. I know you are going to be so happy there. I love the kitchen and the dining room - do you cook? I love to cook.

So thrilled to see the pictures - thank you for posting.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 29, 2012
10:37 PM

Post #9025406

Hi, all.
Chris, it will be fun to discover what's already growing in your yard and plan your own special additions! :)
Debbie, glad to hear you also received my card :)
Michelle

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 1, 2012
7:07 AM

Post #9025666

I have a program that has a magic wand to cut and paste..lol
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

March 1, 2012
7:10 AM

Post #9025673

Love your new house Chris! Inside and out! What fun to decorate to your taste and to see what plants may be coming up this season! Congratulations!

Debbie

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 1, 2012
10:46 AM

Post #9025911

FINALLY.

I figured out where Neener got her name. ;)

http://youtu.be/StqXsArefxU

xox
A.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 1, 2012
11:00 AM

Post #9025928

lol
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

March 1, 2012
11:18 AM

Post #9025945

LOL!
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

March 1, 2012
2:31 PM

Post #9026153

That is so funny!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2012
3:19 PM

Post #9026210

It must be good video! I'll have to watch it on hubby's laptop since I don't have sound on my PC, which is almost 10 years old and is dying a slow death.

Had a good day weeding and started a few flats of veggie seeds. Impatient me will be looking at the light stand in the morning to see what's popped up :0)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2012
7:49 AM

Post #9026907

Oh Chris ... your house is cute as a button!!!!! So cozy and cute! I know you will love it there and playing in your yard!

I can't believe it!!!! I bought cards for everyone, and even some coming up so I was ready, and I can't find them!!!!! I am so mad. I am going to start digging in my 'hidey' places again and see if I can find them. As soon as I do, I'll get them in the mail. So sorry I'm even later than I was!
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

March 2, 2012
11:28 AM

Post #9027117

Crit wrote:

I can't believe it!!!! I bought cards for everyone, and even some coming up so I was ready, and I can't find them!!!!! I am so mad. I am going to start digging in my 'hidey' places again and see if I can find them. As soon as I do, I'll get them in the mail. So sorry I'm even later than I was!

You have no idea how glad I am that you said that. I thought I was the only one that seemed to do things like that!

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2012
11:49 AM

Post #9027134

Amanda where do find this stuff?!?! ") You are sumpin' else girl.

Just got back from a quick trip to spend some girl time with my Mom. We went to the local flower show which has been declining a little bit more every year. We won't be going again next year I can tell you unless something changes. Big building. Half of it was "landscaping" displays which consisted of a lot of hardscaping and a few piles of mulch with daffodils stuck in them. The other half of the building was vendors. Probably at least 50 of them and of those 50 there were 1 or 2 that had plants for sale. 2 Orchid growers and all the rest was Chinese crap with a few handmade items thrown in. There were at least 5 or 6 people selling dip mixes of every variety known to man. Flower and Garden Show??? I musta missed something.

Anyhoo, I did spring for an orchid since none of mine are blooming this winter. For Michelle since she can't see the picture, I'll try to describe it. It is a rich yellow and orange color with a magenta throat. Hope it manages to survive and rebloom next year.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2012
1:38 PM

Post #9027308

Those bloom colors are rich and saturated.

One of these years we should get a bunch of peeps interested in going to the Philadelphia Flower Show. Too late this year since it's tomorrow.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 2, 2012
4:50 PM

Post #9027522

Yesterday I picked up a copy of a book called "Matilda" by R. Dahl - writes children's books. Anyway - I picked it up at a book sale - my grandfather used to call me Matilda. Who knows why.

Well when I picked up that kid's book and thought of my pappy it made me smile, so I was thinking I wished I could hear that Harry Belefonte song. So ... I put "Margaritaville" station on the Sirius Satellite radio. I had no idea of course, but they played the "Sweetheart from Venezuela" song and I was like . . ."NO WAY!" Because I thought it MIGHT come on, but then the announcer said it was H. Belefonte's 85th birthday. It was like I was having some cosmic brain waves or sumptin.

Anyway - Matilda "take-a me money and run Venezuela." Juanita is the "sweetheart from Venezuela." I think you got the better end of the stick on that one.

You asked! :P

A.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

March 2, 2012
8:35 PM

Post #9027781

rvnsbrk, I hope this was not the southern Living Garden Show in Charlotte? That would make me sad. It used to be really wonderful, but was going in the direction you described a couple years ago
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2012
1:56 PM

Post #9028516

No Crystal the show was in my home town of York , PA. Still bummed out about it. Oh well, I didn't need anything, just like to see some plants that I may not normally see.

Guess I better start a new thread. Let me get that in the works here. Been another long, busy day.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2012
2:04 PM

Post #9028522

New Thread Ladies for March!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1244985/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America