self-watering pots

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

A few days ago I came across a website that advertised self-watering pots of various diameters that used the same method of water transfer as the earthbox but were round pots, not rectangular planters. I should have bookmarked the site but for some reason or another it didn't get done. Now I can't for the life of me find their site. Anyone out there know who these guys are? I recall them offering 10" or 12" self-watering pots for about $20.00. Sound familiar?

This message was edited Feb 8, 2012 9:55 AM

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I've a rectangle self watering pot, I think I got it as a sale from one of the big box stores.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

That looks a lot like the new earthbox jr. from Earthbox (who else), which is a little over half the size of the standard EB. This new one measures 23" L x 9-1/2" H x 7-1/4" W. However, it is not yet available as what they refer to as a "naked" unit. That is, you have to purchase the whole planting system, which includes planting mix and fertilizer and sells for $24.95. Don't need that, and I let them know so when I spoke to them on the phone. Should be available later on though.So I'm still trying to find those round planters and I feel sure that a DG'er will come through if I don't find them first. Paul

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

Well, I finally found a source for the round pots, but I am conflicted about how to proceed from here. The place where I found them is Mastergardening.com and the reviews in the Garden Watchdog for this site are less than reassuring. Oh,well..... Paul

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.