CLOSED: Have I a new visitor?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

At first glance with the profile, I thought it was my blue bird, but then I saw the coloring on the photo....it is tad too big to be an American Goldfinch. So have I a newcomer? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Near Central, IA(Zone 5a)

My ten year old was just looking over my shoulder and he says its a Yellow-rumped warbler. I can see some of the markings, so I will lean in that direction, as well. But I hope someone will confirm and if it is, I will let my son know. I am sure he will be tickled. But he can accept a correction, if it is something else. :)

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Myrtle Warbler (previously Yellow-rumped Warbler)

Resin

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Way to go Chillybean, I meant way to go (to your son). lol Please send him my thanks. Thank you Resin for the confirmation.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

just lurking around and came across this thread. how wonderful it is to know that there are kids out there who know such things!
when i was a kid, i was interested in books and birds and plants but no one else my age was. i often felt like an outcast but it was of my own design and desire. your boy sounds like a real treasure and cheers to you for raising him.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Ditto trackinsand. It's a pleasure to see youngers that interested in nature. It's great that their interest is nutured by loving parents.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images