Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: What to Do With All That . . . Cilantro: Cilantro and mecury

Communities > Forums > Article: What to Do With All That . . . Cilantro
bookmark
Forum: Article: What to Do With All That . . . CilantroReplies: 1, Views: 30
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

February 10, 2012
6:11 PM

Post #9002318

If you look on the internet there are all kinds of claims that Cilantro can chelate mercury from the body, including the brain. I have not tried to look and see if there is any really good scientific studies for this or not.
But I thought it was interesting.

I do use a lot of cilantro and coriander in my cooking - because we like it, so thanks for some more recipes.

I also like parsley too --- and the truth is I can exchange one for the other and not notice the differences in them. I wonder if I just do not have a sensitive enough mouth??????

I do like growing and using parsley better than cilantro though because parsley leaves are easier to harvest, denser and less stemmey.

This message was edited Feb 11, 2012 4:38 PM
quiltygirl
No Central, AZ
(Zone 7b)

February 13, 2012
8:09 AM

Post #9005061

We have opposites at this house, where I love cilantro and DH hates it (he says it tastes like dirty socks). Cilantro is the preferred green for our house bunny, so I would like to have a large crop - instead of the usual dead pot - of it.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: What to Do With All That . . . Cilantro Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Love those herbs! Cville_Gardener 1 Feb 10, 2012 6:01 PM
Keeping it fresh? wannadanc 7 Feb 14, 2012 12:10 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America