Photo by Melody

PlantFiles Pictures: Spearmint 'Julep' (Mentha spicata)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 2, Views: 13
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
LadyAshleyR
Oakland, MD

February 11, 2012
8:42 AM

Post #9002821

Spearmint 'Julep'
Mentha spicata

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/188915/

Thumbnail by LadyAshleyR
Click the image for an enlarged view.

oldhen28
Paris, TX

February 6, 2013
5:12 PM

Post #9410644

Hello, Lady Ashley, beautiful photo and love Spearmint. I have grown it in the garden for years but have never needed to pot it. If I am to have it now I need to be able to grow in pot. A very knowledgeable friend claims it will never do well in a pot as the roots spread straight out and it will choke itself to death in a pot for any length of time. I probabley will be in this nursing and rehab from now on and sure miss my fresh SM teas. lol. Wondered how long this has been potted? Think I'd like to try it.
TIA
LadyAshleyR
Oakland, MD

March 26, 2013
4:04 PM

Post #9463083

Sorry fr the delay! I was in the process of moving. It's been in its pot for a couple of years now. Still doing just fine! I fertilize in the spring/summer, and The pot has some soil moist in it, which probably helps it. Never had problems with it choking itself out though. If that were the case, couldnt you always just remove some of it?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 1 Apr 24, 2011 6:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America