Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

My turn!!!!!

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

2 chicks hatched today and of course it went down to 28 last night and will tonight too. Brought Mom and the whole nest box in and put them in a cage. Of course when I took the chicks out to feed them she got off the eggs and sat over them so in the incubator the rest of the eggs went. I added a few of Patches eggs and think the other Ameraucana laid in there too so probably a week before all should hatch out if they are going too. Have 2 more broodies sitting on Patches eggs as well. No pics yet

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh Wow! I wish I had a couple broodies! It sounds like it's so much fun to watch the Mom with their chicks....

Mint Hill, NC(Zone 7b)

Can't wait to see your babies!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

My fingers are crossed for you! Sending warm vibes to those eggies (((((((:>))))))))

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

well I have been trying to post pics for hours now. It keeps sending me to the community forums page. Will try again later

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

failed again so reduced pics. Mom gave chicks hot dogs lol. She said try it you will like it.

Thumbnail by DonnaB Thumbnail by DonnaB Thumbnail by DonnaB Thumbnail by DonnaB Thumbnail by DonnaB
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

ahhh how sweet! Hot dogs...too funny!!

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

I see muffs on these 2 so they are lg fowl Silver Ameraraucana. just had 1 hatch. Think it is a Araucana one of Patches babies. Very robust chick making lots of noise and moving around the incubator. Pic after it dries out before moving to Mom and the other chicks

Richmond, TX

Wow, you and your hens have been busy lately!

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

ZZ can you tell if the Ameraraucana are boys or girls from the first pic??
the new baby

Thumbnail by DonnaB Thumbnail by DonnaB Thumbnail by DonnaB
Bridgewater, ME

They are so cute!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.