My first daffs bloomed this sping.

North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

It is really muchy too early for daffs here on Long Island, New York in mid February but I do have some blooming already.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita

Most of the daffs I have around the yard have not shown any growth yet or have just started poking green growth thru like this. I was really surprised at those blooms in the front yard.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita
Litchfield Park, AZ

Nice daffs. I love the first flowers of the season.

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

This year my first Daffodil bloomed on January 21st !! One month earlier than normal !

Thumbnail by drthor
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

One of my favorite spring flowers!

Hurry for spring daffs!

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

every day is a show here ...

Thumbnail by drthor Thumbnail by drthor Thumbnail by drthor

Those are lovely. Most of mine are not up yet and you are of couse way ahead of me.

Here are some pictures from today.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita

More daffs open now so I took more pictures. These ones are on the right side front yard.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita

These are on the left side. In the second picture you can see that while the extra earlies have started blooming since mid February, there are still lots more to come as the folliage is comming up all over the place. I have two hundred blubs planted there of a long trumpet mixture I bought from Scheepers.

My very first of my MARIA Daffs bloomed today. I just love these in spite of the fact that they are not very big. I love the color combo and the reflexed petals that look like they are in a wind storm.

Here are some pictures of my EARLY SENSATION daffs taken today.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita

Other side of the front yard today.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita

Today lots of the MARIA Daffs have opened, I just love the color of these!

Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita
San Diego, CA

I love that bright yellow flowers too! And there are a lot buds unopened. Imagine what a sight it is gonna be when they are in full bloom!

I was so impressed with the Maria daffs when they bloomed last spring that I bought more of them and planted those in the back yard. These blooming now are in the front yard. The backyard ones are way behind, they are just coming up out of the ground now.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

Our daffs just started blooming today in the front flowerbed but most on the side, which are diffirent variety opened up yesterday. I went to take a picture a few hours ago and camera froze up. DH is trying to figure out the problem, put new batteries in it, thinking it was batteries, but I don't think he's still figured it out. Of course, I'll be accussed of doing something to the camera. It's always my fault when anything goes wrong.

I can't wait for all the pictures of all your beautiful flowers as they start blooming. I think of you when I see pictures of lupines and daylilies and how beautiful yours were last year. I remember how hard you worked to get those bed looking that way too.

We have had a very mild winter so far and here it is almost mid March and we change over to Daylight savings time tomorrow night after midnight. That is my indication that Spring is not far around the corner(I hope!).

Thanks. I do love my garden and love to always have something blooming. But I don't know if I will have Lupines this year. It looked to me as if they all died at the end of summer. That hapopened the year before, many died and I just bought more. But if they are dead again I don't know if I can see the cost for what turn out to be annuals. Not that they are supposed to be annuals. Oh well. We will see. At least I do have lots of other types of perennial flowers.

Spring is really here. Warm and lovely today. I have the first of the daffs open in my southside rose bed and also in the front yard I see that in my long trumpet collection (from Scheepers) I have some white and yellow two colored ones just about to open all the way as they are partially open now.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

It's 70 here today, mostly sunny and a bit breezy. Took a short walk around the yard and found these! YEAH! My first daffs are blooming!

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252 Thumbnail by irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Also found some Scilla/Siberian Squill blooming. If you can see the tiny grass like foliage around the blooming one, those are many babies! Can't wait for this to fill in!

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Rita, your daffs and tulips are so pretty in the spring! Love seeing your pictures! I have several crocus blooming and my iris reticulata are blooming too. One of my favorites!

I have those little blue thing flowers also, so cute. It is just gorgeous today so I think more will soon open with this warm weather.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I just walked outside again and more daffs have opened! I even have a Johnny Jumpup blooming! Tulips are up, hyacinths are coming up (with buds) and my alliums are coming up also! My favorite time of year!

More daff pictures from today as the ones in back near my neighbors gardge wall started open. These are my daffs. Then the last two pictures are of the orange trumpet MARIA daffs blooming in the front yard.

First two shots are of the EARLY SENSATION that are still blooming in the front. Then the rest are in the belgium block mini terraces on the other side of the front yard.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

So pretty! Love the MARIA daffs! I have more that have opened.....these are Jetfire and the second photo is Tete e Tete just about to bloom.

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252 Thumbnail by irisluvr0252

I love the orange trumpets on the MARIA. I like your JETFIREs!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

The trumpet is orange but hard to see with the sunshine as bright as it is today! I'm not complaining about it! It was a gorgeous day here and I made myself stay inside for lunch because I knew I wouldn't be able to go back inside at 1PM!

Wow, this string of warm days and the warm weather is really causing the daffs to open. Even more blooms today than yesterday and folliage on the others that are way behind is starting to jump up quickly. I see bloom buds coming on many of them.

Daffs are going crazy opening what with the extra nice weather we are having.

These are in back by my serviceberry shrubs.

And these are back near the back of my neighbors garage.

more pics

Orange trumpet MARIA daffs

some daffs along in the southside rose garden

Hurray, the MARIA daffs in the backyard have started to open today.

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Very pretty Rita, it looks like you also had a nice sunny day ;~)

It has been really nice here lately and spring is surely here.

Maria Daffs in the backyard, then a daff clump and the daffs blooming in the southside rose garden. Daffs along the serviceberry garden and finially the front yard.

Two pics of the front yard daffs in the Mini terraces, Then a clump of YORK MINISTER. Last some MARIA daffs.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images