Great Clips

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Does anyone get their hair but at Great Clips? I'm wondering if it's good deal.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Just like anywhere else I expect there are some good & some bad stylists. I would see if you can find reviews of stylists at the Great Clips in your area (Yelp would be a good place to start but there may be other sites too). Probably also depends on how complicated the cut is--if it's a very simple haircut that just about anyone could do then you've got a better chance of being able to get a good bargain haircut vs if it's something fancier.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Me, my daughter and her husband all get out hair cut at our local "Great Clips"....
$13 a haircut-----$11 if you are a Senior. Shampoo? $3 extra.

My hair cut amounts to 1/2" off every 6 weeks. A bit of shaping...blow dry at the end a minimum styling.
ALL for $11.

They are so busy--so all of therm can do their jobs well enough. You may learn to like some of the hair
dressers better than others. Stay with the ones you like...

The girl that cuts my hair also works in a regular salon. What more can i ask for?

In this economy--it is a great deal! Gita

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Thanks Gita. The salon is new to my area so I thought I would try it. Yes the price is the big thing.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

We have beauty schools here where I get my hair cut and my feet pedied and such. A haircut is $4. For $9, I can get the shampoo, conditioner, cut, and style. Some of the students are really good! And of course the work is all supervised by the instructors. If you have a cosmetology school nearby, you might give it a try. If I like a student, I tend to make appts for that student for as long as they're at the school. Of course, once they graduate, I have to find another student, but it's worked out well for me for years.

We also have a massage school where we can get a one-hour massage for $25. Often the instructor runs a "buy two, get one free" deal and I buy several deals.

If we just had more schools around here, I could save a ton of money. LOL

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

I forgot about schools - we have a vocational school - I might try that. OOh a low cost massage - now that sounds lovely.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Looking for a good stylist is like looking for a good doctor, kids cuts near me closed and been trying to find someone who can cut my son's hair, still have not found 1 who can cut it correctly, driving me CRAZY, next stop the barber shop

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images