"Like Jelly Roll" Exchange! 2.5 inch by 42 INTERESTED???

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

ATTENTION all participants, please read updated information!

THIS WILL CLOSE FRIDAY 2/17/2012, SO IF YOU WANT IN, JUMP IN NOW!! (or wait for the next one!) We are at 15 now!! WOW that was F-A-S-T!!!

Ok, there has been some interest expressed in coordinating a WOF by 2.5 inch strip exchange. Sounds like fun to me! I would really like to set this up so that it would NOT be necessary to purchase fabric in order to participate. One way I see this might be possible is if it were acceptable to "combine" 2.5 inch strips (compensating for seaming).

OK, simplified... please send the equilvent of 3 strips at 42 inches. OK??? NO need to get hung up on complicated math! You are all generous kind people so I know none of you will short anyone!

All cotton, state a choice of 3 colors and the deadline for sign up is CHANGED to 2/17/2012 Mail deadline is April 30, mail DIRECT to the participant. You can start mailing as soon possible, just remember sometimes people choose out early in the swap. UNLESS you state differently the colors you state will be in TOT, florals, and combinations as well as solids. Please do not get "too specific" as this is intended to come from your stashes & leftovers! Prewashed is best but if you have some already cut and not prewashed, don't eliminate it for possible use.

ANYONE not in the address exchange please dmail me your address and I will make a list of them so they can be Dmailed out to the particpants. Anyone with SPECIAL instructions like "please don't mail until April" please send me an email so I can post the instructions. Please Dmail me the address EVEN if you know I've had it in the past. PLease get in the habit of reading THIS post each time for updates and information. I will try to keep things as updated as frequently/ current a possible.

This message was edited Feb 16, 2012 4:31 AM

This message was edited Feb 17, 2012 2:54 AM

This is where sign ups will post:

Psychw2(Pat)colors:Pink, black, White. Single color or combination of these colors, please do not include any other colors.
Bettypauze (Betty) Blue/yellow/soft greens
Taters55(LindaKay) Blue and white please? Can be blue print or white on white, or blue and white print
Siliolegma (Karen) red, white & blue prints...true colors as in the flag please. (DO NOT MAIL until APRIL!!!) Prefer prints
Heavenscape; Red, white and blue prints. Or patriotic theme.
Abbisgranma (Marion) Purples, blues and greens.
Helenethequeeen (Helene) beige cream soft greens
Catbird123 (Robin) whites and greens & yellows
Kizmo (Kathy) shades of browns, light greens, yellows (florals, prints, TOTs)
Quilter5bdsr (Barb) blues and yellows
Syrumani (Nichole) tans, sages, and purples
BarefootT (Thunder) Pinks/reds, black on whites, white on blacks. hearts/valentine designs would be a-ok. and of course if they are bright...
FLStu _Stuart - purples/lavenders, sages and gold/spicy mustard type.
MorknotMindy (Gloria) Browns, turquoise/teals and creams
Quilter (Jean) "color" (no beige, blank, white, or dark) Think "flower garden".

While it is PREFERABLE to send one continous piece at 42, I am hoping to have people avoid having to purchase fabric to be able to particpate. Please send a total of what would equal 3 pieces each totalling about 42 inches each. Do NOT join the pieces, this will enable people to move the choices around.

This message was edited Feb 17, 2012 2:47 AM

This message was edited Feb 19, 2012 10:04 PM

Holding for more info:

Victoria Harbour, ON

Just to clarify, early in the am and not the brightest early morning!!

We send the above to each participant?

Count me in, colors preferred

Blue/yellow/soft greens

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

I am thinking of joining this, only I am slightly loss. I understood the whole WOF thing, and that was easy for me, do a 2.5" strip by the WOF and viola, lol. But when you started putting all those other things in I got loss. So, is this now scraps of 2.5" to equal a 42" strip? I think I liked it better as a 2.5" by the WOF and this way you can cut the 2.5" to any size piece you need. But, let me know what is happening first and if I am the only one feeling this way. I don't want to commit just yet until I understand fully what is happening. I think it may be too early in the am here too for me to comprehend this, lol. Thanks for your patience.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Add me too please?
Blue and white please? Can be blue print or white on white, or blue and white print.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

I'd like to play. Can't mail though until I'm back home some time in April. Please don't mail mine until then either.

I'd like red, white & blue prints...true colors as in the flag please.

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

I believe what Pat was saying was - since we may be working from "left overs" in our stash, you may not have a piece 42" long. In that case, you can join 2 pieces together to make a 42" strip.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Red, white and blue prints. Or patriotic theme.

So far I understood you send, preferably, two continous 42" strips.
If not, compensate the lack by adding 3" more to each piece of fabric? If it takes 4 different fabrics-- just add 3" to each? So actual combined total will be 54" for that one long strip?

Just trying to clear the cobwebs here..kinda slow...

Thanks Pat.

ETA: I'll be doing my best to send continous strips to all.

This message was edited Feb 14, 2012 9:46 AM

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Morning Karen, Betty!! LK.. hi Jean!!

Morning Jaye Happy Valentines Day...My Valentine is 500 miles away :(

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

No he's not, Karen. He's in your heart :P
I wish you many more Valentines with your one true love, Karen.

Always in my heart, nearly 52 years now.

While it is PREFERABLE to send one continous piece at 42, I am hoping to have people avoid having to purchase fabric to be able to particpate. So yes, I am asking you to include 3 extra inches for EACH extra piece you need. Do NOT join the pieces, this will enable people to move the choices around.

I'm at work and will not be able to return to this thread until evening. Don't stress over the math, I'll help you if need be. The idea is if you can't provide ONE long piece, let's be sure we provide at least a generous amount of decent size strips to MORE than compensate for lack of one continous!

FEED BACK REQUIRED - I had imagined only 1 strip (or equal to) should this be TWO at 42"? So each person will have more to work with? I want it to be fun, usable and not a financial hardship on anyone!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks Pat. No more wondering! 2 @ 42 sounds good. Willing to do 3 too.

You're very fortunate Karen. I don't think Kel and I will make that far!!! I had lost a quarter of a century to ex!!

Quality is more important than quantity, Jaye I was just fortunate enough to get both.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Count me in on this one for sure!!! Purples, blues and greens.

Okay so Karen and Jaye posted ahead--I, too, will be willing to send 3 if the group decides.

This message was edited Feb 14, 2012 10:41 AM

This message was edited Feb 14, 2012 10:42 AM

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

I am here- three strips is fine or whatever final decision is: colors beige cream soft greens

Three is good with me..should be able to mail in regular envelope with just one stamp.

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

I am in too, how about whites and greens. 3 is ok by me.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm in! I'm in the process of cleaning the sewing room today.. any shades of browns, light greens, yellows (florals, prints, TOTs)

in other words, we're doing a 'stash buster', using our leftover 2 1/2" strips, instead of buying fabrics.

1) Pick thru our leftovers, find 2 1/2" strip pieces, lay them out end to end for a final measurement of AT LEAST 45", after overlapping and imagining them sewn together.

2) OR send a 2 1/2" WOF strip measuring 44-45"...

I would think a couple strips would be nice, or whatever we have to send. I have lots of leftover pieces from Christmas also, along with RWBs, these will be perfect to clear out.

Wow, a good way to clear off my table!!

Edited: Whoops, cross posted - 3 sounds like a magic number to me!

This message was edited Feb 14, 2012 1:18 PM

Let us be careful we don't get "hungup" on the 45" width as that does include selvages remember.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

This is a little too complex for me. I am going to pass on this one. Thanks for explaining it though.

Oh my goodness! I decided to check in on my lunch and I see all this activity!! LOL
I'll update after work, don't despair if you don't see your name and choices, they were get there later today!

AWESOME desciption Kathy! in other words, we're doing a 'stash buster', using our leftover 2 1/2" strips, instead of buying fabrics.

1) Pick thru our leftovers, find 2 1/2" strip pieces, lay them out end to end for a final measurement of AT LEAST 45", after overlapping and imagining them sewn together.

2) OR send a 2 1/2" WOF strip measuring at "least 42" allowing for cut selvages.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

I'm in too -- blues and yellows would be wonderful for me. And three strips is good for me too......

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Pat!
Marion mentioned about not getting too caught up on the 44-45 thing... I agree, just didn't think about it when I posted. I just meant that if you put a bunch of strip sections together, you could visualize having a strip about the same length as a strip cut off the WOF. Usually, the more I try to describe so everybody understands, it gets lost in the translation... LOL So I'll let it go at that. I'm just going to send a bunch of strips... ROFL

Victoria Harbour, ON

lol what is a WOF?

Selvedge to selvedge.......width of fabric

Victoria Harbour, ON

Aha

I am really looking forward to this swap!! Stu, where are you?

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Oh, I'd love to be in on this one!!!

My color choices would be tans, sages, and purples . . . .

This message was edited Feb 14, 2012 8:42 PM

OK, I have amended the first post to state the requirements. I have edited the 2nd post to update all the participants. PLEASE everybody read and acknowledge so I know that you choose in!! PLEASE tell me of any corrections if I have stated your colors your name or anything else wrong.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

sounds good to me, Pat!

Sounds good here!

I'm still in, Wheeeee!

Me too!!! See what you started with that video LK???? Now we all want to try it.....

Looks good to me! Thanks Pat for starting this swap.

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

Great TU

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

You got my wishes right!
Thanks Pat!

Just call me the enabler! ^_^

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images