Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Sewing and Quilting: Fat Quarter Swap

Communities > Forums > Sewing and Quilting
bookmark
Forum: Sewing and QuiltingReplies: 17, Views: 197
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 14, 2012
2:25 PM

Post #9006745

UPDATE: Fat Quarter Swap ON HOLD, Until possibly Fall? I will see if I can get Melody to delete this thread and in the fall we will try again.

While looking through older threads I saw something that looked like fun it was a fat quarter swap thought I would see if there was an interest in doing this again but with a little bit different rules.

Here's how it works.

As you sign up, please list a few colors and/or theme preferences IN ORDER of YOUR PREFERENCE. By listing a few different choices in order I am hoping to avoid any one having to run out and buy fabrics and hopefully we will receive something in the front of our list, lol. I will keep a list on this main window at the bottom for all to see.

Here's How It Works:
A) Each participant will send out 2 fat quarters to everyone on the list.
B) All fabrics must be 100% cotton.
C) Deadline for signups is March 1st.
D) All fat quarters must be mailed by May 1st.

LIST - IN ORDER OF THEIR PREFERENCE:
1) SewSassee (Bev) - Super Make Your Eyes Bleed BRIGHTS, Summer Themes, Christmas, Halloween, Pink, Purple, Green and Novelty.

2) Syrumani (Nichole) - Patriotic theme, Halloween, Christmas, any shades of green

This message was edited Feb 14, 2012 11:29 PM

This message was edited Feb 15, 2012 11:33 PM

This message was edited Feb 29, 2012 6:08 AM

Thumbnail by SewSassee
Click the image for an enlarged view.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 14, 2012
2:25 PM

Post #9006746

Ok, I'm in, lol... here is my choices IN ORDER of PREFERENCE... Super Make Your Eyes Bleed BRIGHTS, Summer Themes, Christmas, Halloween, Pink, Purple, Green and Novelty.
Syrumani
Whitsett, NC
(Zone 8a)

February 14, 2012
6:52 PM

Post #9007078

I'm in!

My choices are: Patriotic theme, Halloween, Christmas, any shades of green

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 14, 2012
8:32 PM

Post #9007167

Welcome Syrumani. If you'd like to list your first name I can put it where I currently placed ?? marks above, lol. I wasn't sure what to list since I am still fairly new and don't know everyone's name yet. Glad you joined in on the swap, hope we get more people.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

February 14, 2012
8:52 PM

Post #9007180

I'm going to watch this one since I am determined to NOT get a lot more fabric!! My goal is to USE up what I have!

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 15, 2012
4:04 AM

Post #9007280

Hey Pat... or you could just do like I am doing... switch your fabrics around to new one's. Gives you the happy feeling like you just bought something but without the pocket book nightmare. When I feel the need to splurge and buy new stuff I try to stop myself and say NO, switch 'em because you know you are sick of looking at the other ones just sitting there, no motivation to sew with them because you know they just aren't calling to you, lol...So, I think you should join us, or at least that is my theory this whole year, join us and switch 'em! ha.
Syrumani
Whitsett, NC
(Zone 8a)

February 15, 2012
5:20 PM

Post #9008169

That't not such a bad idea, Pat . . . out with the old, in with the new!

Nichole

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 15, 2012
8:32 PM

Post #9008353

Ah Nichole...nice to meet you

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

February 16, 2012
3:26 AM

Post #9008477

SewSassee... Just to let you know that I am holding off FOR NOW. I've gotten into a couple of swaps and have a deadline for four Qs and the clock is ticking. I usually don't do FQs unless I have a specific project, though I have enough fabrics to make my own FQs. Let me see how things go on my end these next few days and how far I get. I usually can't pass up on a fabric swap. Just a reminder... you and the others from the charm swap go to bed with me every night...LOL... I LOVE the quilt made from those and , yes, I did get to use some FQs for that project.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 16, 2012
4:32 AM

Post #9008495

Awe Stu... I'm so glad you made a quilt from those charms. I haven't made anything with mine YET, lol. My friend and I made this pack that we were not to "buy" fabric but we had to use our stash up. The only exception to the rule was IF we were making something for a customer. It's killing me to pass by sales... the other exception is if we are a yard sale or estate sale, then yes, we can buy but other than that no purchasing this whole year. We have so much between us though that when we get bored we just trade off, ha. But, I must say I have FQ's that I am just sick of looking at (one's I cut down from pieces of my so called scrap pile) and I just wanted to switch 'em up a bit. Maybe I picked a bad time to do this because it seems like most people are busy with other projects right now. Hopefully more will get on board or Nichole and I will be upping the anne so to speak, lol. Oh, well, get cracking on your stuff so you can join in! Bev

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 28, 2012
12:21 PM

Post #9023438

Nichole, I guess no one wants to join our fat quarter swap. Lets just skip it?

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2012
2:15 PM

Post #9023596

Have you looked at the price of gas lately? Or the price of postage? Last year I could do this swap and many others and not worry. Not anymore. I'm on a fixed income and have increasing medical needs so I find I just can't afford a costly swap right now. And no matter how much fabric I have in my stash, I never seem to have what is asked for...But that said, I sure would have loved to be in this one...

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 28, 2012
4:33 PM

Post #9023788

Yeah thats understandable. I am in the same boat now. So, its just as well that this goes in to slumber until better times. Maybe in the fall.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

February 28, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9023883

Yes, it's the postage that deters me.. NOT lack of interest!

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 29, 2012
3:09 AM

Post #9024212

UPDATE: Fat Quarter Swap ON HOLD, Until possibly Fall? I will see if I can get Melody to delete this thread and in the fall we will try again.
Syrumani
Whitsett, NC
(Zone 8a)

February 29, 2012
6:25 PM

Post #9025238

Yes, I guess that is a good idea . . .

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 6, 2012
6:00 AM

Post #9031921

ahhh was just going to add my name, just came across the posting..

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 6, 2012
11:04 AM

Post #9032204

Sorry :( Sadly the economy has gotten the best of us with postage, so yeah, this thread has been postponed for now.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America