Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Bulbs: Anyone know about Eucomis?

Communities > Forums > Bulbs
bookmark
Forum: BulbsReplies: 7, Views: 109
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Badgertalk
Nashville, TN
(Zone 6a)

February 17, 2012
3:40 PM

Post #9010339

I bought a bag of nine Eucomis Autumnalis at Costco. I read some info on a website that says you should snap off any daughters or bulblets before planting. Some of the bulbs have four or more daughters. Would you plant them as is or break off the daughters? Would you treat them with bulb dust before planting? Are these hardy in zone 6? I see a variety of opinions and I'd like to hear from someone who has grown them.

Thanks - Badger

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Bulbs Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Growing Tuberose in CA SteveK 2 Aug 27, 2007 3:24 AM
hyacinth bulbs debi_z 12 Oct 31, 2007 11:48 AM
Supplier for caldium bulbs Bulk??? plantsdirect 10 Dec 28, 2010 9:42 AM
what are these and why don't they bloom? woodspirit1 24 Jun 25, 2009 7:40 PM
gardeners......... help!!!! stephanie_74 12 Jul 7, 2011 5:00 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America