Photo by Melody

Article: Jequirity Beans: Those Poisonous Pretties: http://informedfarmers.com/coral-bean-tr

Communities > Forums > Article: Jequirity Beans: Those Poisonous Pretties
bookmark
Forum: Article: Jequirity Beans: Those Poisonous PrettiesReplies: 1, Views: 13
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
francine38
Falls Church, VA

February 20, 2012
5:54 AM

Post #9012931

If you open the above URL you will notice that the seeds are very similar, yet edible. The reason I found it was my curiosity. I remember when I lived in Indonesia, there was a big tree in front of the house where I lived, and I often found and collected the pretty seeds. I remember it was a big tree, not a vine where I found those beads. I did not remember the name of the seeds. I searched and found the name and then search for 'pohon' which is tree in Indonesian. And I found it! I still remember it correctly.

see all the different kinds of red beads:

http://waynesword.palomar.edu/ww0901.htm

The Internet is wonderful. I would not have been able to find all these without it.

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

February 20, 2012
11:09 AM

Post #9013449

What a fascinating link! I'd never heard of many of those seeds used in jewelry, and many do look surprisingly similar to the jequirity bean. Thanks for sharing it!

Angela

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Jequirity Beans: Those Poisonous Pretties Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Excellent information Cville_Gardener 17 Feb 23, 2012 4:15 AM
Thank you susans78 2 Feb 21, 2012 4:31 AM
Several Look-alikes? cybercrone 1 Feb 20, 2012 11:03 AM
really bad here minpin3165 0 Feb 21, 2012 7:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America