I did not know these beans were poisonous. When we were in South America they were selling bags of these beans and I wanted to buy a few and put them in a pretty bowl. I was informed that the Native Americans considered them lucky and that they would ward off bad spirits.
I feel extremely fortunate that we did not buy them.
Thank you very much for writing this article. I am a travel agent and will post this info on another site, if you give me permission to do so.
Once again thank you very much for taking the time to write this article and share this information.
I would think it would be fine to post a link back to the article here on Dave's Garden. I sent a message to the editor to ask if there were any concerns I should know about. Once I submit the article, it becomes the property of Dave's Garden, so the final decision rests with them. :) It is definitely good information to get into the hands of unsuspecting travelers, though!
Susan, you are welcome to post a warning about the beans and provide a link to the article. It is also permissible to print out a paper copy of the article and display it in your office.. However, re-posting the article on another website or copying and pasting it to send electronically is not permitted under our copyright rules.