Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Jequirity Beans: Those Poisonous Pretties: Thank you

Communities > Forums > Article: Jequirity Beans: Those Poisonous Pretties
bookmark
Forum: Article: Jequirity Beans: Those Poisonous PrettiesReplies: 2, Views: 12
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
susans78
The Villages, FL

February 20, 2012
6:47 AM

Post #9013017

Hi,

I did not know these beans were poisonous. When we were in South America they were selling bags of these beans and I wanted to buy a few and put them in a pretty bowl. I was informed that the Native Americans considered them lucky and that they would ward off bad spirits.

I feel extremely fortunate that we did not buy them.

Thank you very much for writing this article. I am a travel agent and will post this info on another site, if you give me permission to do so.

Once again thank you very much for taking the time to write this article and share this information.

Best,

Susan

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

February 20, 2012
11:00 AM

Post #9013432

I would think it would be fine to post a link back to the article here on Dave's Garden. I sent a message to the editor to ask if there were any concerns I should know about. Once I submit the article, it becomes the property of Dave's Garden, so the final decision rests with them. :) It is definitely good information to get into the hands of unsuspecting travelers, though!

Angela

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

February 21, 2012
4:31 AM

Post #9014309

Susan, you are welcome to post a warning about the beans and provide a link to the article. It is also permissible to print out a paper copy of the article and display it in your office.. However, re-posting the article on another website or copying and pasting it to send electronically is not permitted under our copyright rules.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Jequirity Beans: Those Poisonous Pretties Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Excellent information Cville_Gardener 17 Feb 23, 2012 4:15 AM
http://informedfarmers.com/coral-bean-tr francine38 1 Feb 20, 2012 11:09 AM
Several Look-alikes? cybercrone 1 Feb 20, 2012 11:03 AM
really bad here minpin3165 0 Feb 21, 2012 7:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America