Photo by Melody

Article: Heavenly Hellebores!: Great plants-very easy care!

Communities > Forums > Article: Heavenly Hellebores!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Heavenly Hellebores!Replies: 0, Views: 6
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jjordan
Arkansas City, KS

February 21, 2012
9:04 PM

Post #9015399

I planted my first hellebore 7 years ago and have added 3 more since then. I highly recommend them because they one of the easiest plants in my yard to take care of. They never seem to be bothered by insects or disease. In milder winters, the foliage has stayed looking great all winter. In the winter of 2010-2011 when the temperatures dropped really low here in Kansas and we didn't get rain, the foliage looked pretty bad by late winter. However, they did very well last summer in spite of extreme heat and drought conditions. I did water them but no more than any other plants. My plants are mostly in shade but do get a couple of hours of afternoon sun. They are the first plants in my yard to bloom---even before the crocuses and continue to bloom until summer time. However, I did purchase one at Lowe's 2 years ago and am still waiting for it to bloom. It has been very slow to add foliage as well---much slower than the other plants I had purchased. I recommend these plants to anyone for shady areas.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Heavenly Hellebores! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sopron Jnette 1 Dec 2, 2007 3:17 PM
You've peaked my interest UniQueTreasures 6 Dec 5, 2007 6:27 PM
Great article, Victor Candyce 13 Dec 4, 2007 10:16 PM
I love them grampapa 3 Dec 3, 2007 5:33 PM
Kudos glickster 1 Dec 3, 2007 5:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America