Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Delphinium seed competition

Wanganui, New Zealand

Does anyone in the northern hemisphere have delphiniums appearing yet? Pushing through the snow? If so, where are you? A free packet of New Millennium hybrids to the first dated images.

Santa Cruz, CA(Zone 9b)

Mine are a foot high. I'm very excited! Delphinium elatum 'Dusky Maidens'. It bloomed until January too!

Wanganui, New Zealand

Post a dated image here and I'll send you a free packet of seed. Send address via "contact us" from our web site.

Cheers

Terry

Santa Cruz, CA(Zone 9b)

Im not sure if i really count our climate is so moderate here and im not sure how to "date an image".

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Only sprouts that I have are from the seeds under lights and the outdoors winter sown ones. Delphinium Magic Fountain Lilac with white bee.

Amelia Court House, VA

Just read this thread this morning. My New Zealand delphiniums are growing fine, I even had couple of bushes coming back where I thought the plants have died.
I don't know how to 'date the image' but if you right-click on the image and look at 'Properties', you will see that the photo was taken today - March, 24, 2012.

Thumbnail by Marina_Parr
Wanganui, New Zealand

Sorry for the delay. I've just had a major back operation and a few things have had to take a back seat.
Marina_Parr, can you email your address please so I can send you some seed. See contact info on our web site here:http://delphinium.co.nz/Contact%20Us.html
I'll also send seed to wonderearth and ROSES_R_RED if you likewise send your address

Thanks for participating. Below is a view of some of our trials this year

Thumbnail by dowdeswell
Santa Cruz, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks!

Amelia Court House, VA

Dear Terry,

Received the seeds yesterday! Thank you very very much! You probably read my mind - I always wanted to try your shortest varieties!
Thank you once again for your generous gift!!!

With my warmest regards,
Marina Parr

Wanganui, New Zealand

No problem Marina, you are welcome

Cheers

Terry

Santa Cruz, CA(Zone 9b)

Did I give you my address?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.