Daily Bird Pics Vol. 433

Stafford County, VA

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1242353/

At first glance you might think that last one was a slow moving thread, since it ran for 13 days. However, we packed a lot into those 129 posts. For those who might be interested, I counted 216 individual pictures posted, and 53 comments that contained no pictures. In any event, there are a lot of outstanding shots in there, so if you missed part of it, it would be well worth your time to review it.

Now, on to 433.

Thumbnail by 2dCousinDave Thumbnail by 2dCousinDave Thumbnail by 2dCousinDave Thumbnail by 2dCousinDave Thumbnail by 2dCousinDave
Stafford County, VA

Here are a few chickadees

Thumbnail by 2dCousinDave Thumbnail by 2dCousinDave Thumbnail by 2dCousinDave Thumbnail by 2dCousinDave Thumbnail by 2dCousinDave
Stafford County, VA

Now some shots of the Carolina wrens

Stafford County, VA

Finally, I want to share a few of my bluebirds.

Norman, OK

Nice birds, dave. Thanks for the great start.

The closest I've managed to get to one of the Greater Scaup that have been on our pond for several weeks and a pic of 4 scaup with some Ring-necked Ducks. They often hang out together.

Thumbnail by reddirtretiree Thumbnail by reddirtretiree
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Nice start!

Quote from 2dCousinDave :
At first glance you might think that last one was a slow moving thread, since it ran for 13 days. However, we packed a lot into those 129 posts. For those who might be interested, I counted 216 individual pictures posted, and 53 comments that contained no pictures.

Of course with up to 5 pics per post now, there will be fewer posts per day, than when each pic needed a new post. Maybe the turnover to the next thread could be stepped up a bit to compensate, say every 80 posts?

Resin

Marlton, NJ

I guess we can do that.

Dave, Great pics! love the Red-bellied Woodpecker, Junco, Carolina Wren and of course the Bluebirds. Thanks for starting the new thread!

Nice duck shots red!

South Hamilton, MA

I am enjoying all the pictures. We have had tufted titmice & as couple of goldfinches, still in winter plumage hanging out on the feeder.

Mount Pleasant Mills, PA(Zone 5a)

Wonderful pictures Dave and Red.

Stafford County, VA

I know I already posted five pics of the Carolina wrens, but they are here constantly and this morning the males are singing up a storm.

Awesome Dave, just singing their little hearts out. Adorable. FYI, you can never post too many of these little guys as far as I am concerned.

Here are a few shots of a Tufted Titmouse seeking and enjoying peanuts.

Female Cardinals.

Thumbnail by GrannyGrunt Thumbnail by GrannyGrunt Thumbnail by GrannyGrunt Thumbnail by GrannyGrunt Thumbnail by GrannyGrunt
Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the new start Dave-love all those photos. I can see your wrens are as active as mine are-such cute poses.

Red, great duck shots.

Granny, your feeding birds are so sweet.

I am enjoying my male and female Nuttall's woodpeckers up close on the pb logs.

Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln

Oh my goodness duc, those woodpeckers are beautiful.

Lakeview, OH

several pics today, I hope you like them 1.is a house finch eating the apple that my hubby put out,2.a Robin letting me get that close, I did not have to zoom,3.woodpecker working above a very big hole.

Thumbnail by teddy_8905 Thumbnail by teddy_8905 Thumbnail by teddy_8905
Norman, OK

Nice pics everyone. Dave, I wish I could get some wrens around the house permanently, just have a single one off and on. We've had 3 female scaup on the big pond for a few weeks. Now have 8 including 4 males. A pic of one of the males.

Thumbnail by reddirtretiree
Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

Teddy, cute finch on the apple. I've had apples out for several days but my birds haven't touch them.

Red, beautiful photo of the scaup.

My ruby-crowned kinglet left for several days but returned yesterday.

Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln
Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

Here's a pair of house sparrows, a house finch trying to hold on in the wind and a bewick's wren.

Wish I could see a Ruby Crowned Kinglet--so I will just enjoy your photos.

Cute Wren.

South Hamilton, MA

yay! Pair of cardinals on the ground under our tube feeder. The little finches must have spilled enough seed.

Stafford County, VA

Here is the tufted titmouse in five similar poses

This message was edited Feb 28, 2012 3:55 PM

Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

Iris, congrats on your cardinals.

Dave love the titmice pics. They have so much color compared to our oak titmice, but the personality is the same.

The nuttall's woodpeckers continue to come on our deck for pics.

South Hamilton, MA

Downy woodpecker just showed up on the suet feeder. where have you been all winter?

Here are a Female Cardinal, two Carolina Wrens, another Female Cardinal, a Male Cardinal, and a Goldfinch, beginning to show color.

Thumbnail by GrannyGrunt Thumbnail by GrannyGrunt Thumbnail by GrannyGrunt Thumbnail by GrannyGrunt Thumbnail by GrannyGrunt
Stafford County, VA

The uploading feature is not working.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Awesome shots everyone!!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Great bird pics on this thread! Thanks Dave for a the new thread.

This Copper's Hawk was on the watch from the neighbor's tree, across the street. Wish I could have taken a closer shot of it, because there were no branches blocking the bird.
The Downy WP is showing up more often, during the day.
And the Hairy WP has been a regular all winter.
Get more and more Goldfinches at the feeders.
The pic of the Crow was taken in January.

Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Images did not load.

This message was edited Feb 28, 2012 6:34 PM

Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007
South Hamilton, MA

Just tell us what you see. I can't take bird pictures so not too frustrating. Both downy & hairy came to visit our suet today. first time!

Cuyahoga Falls, OH(Zone 5a)

Wonderful photos everyone ! I like the way you place a series of pictures in one post. Nice.

Stafford County, VA

Still can't upload more than one picture.

Thumbnail by 2dCousinDave
Stafford County, VA

I did manage to upload two this time (after about a dozen tries).

Thumbnail by 2dCousinDave Thumbnail by 2dCousinDave
Stafford County, VA

Two more?

Thumbnail by 2dCousinDave Thumbnail by 2dCousinDave
PERTH, Australia

Beautiful start, Dave. Great shots, everyone.

From a few days ago, a Pied Oystercatcher. In the 2nd shot, there's a Mountain Shelduck and a Silver Gull.

Thumbnail by MargaretK Thumbnail by MargaretK Thumbnail by MargaretK
PERTH, Australia

Different site. Different day. First, the Nankeen Night Heron. This was all I could get of him in the frame. I needed to sit on a little jetty and lean forward to get even this much. It was in deep shadow.

Then the White-faced Heron who was still sleeping on a boat ramp when I arrived at the spot. As the sun slid slowly down the sky, he sparked up and spent at least half an hour preening.

It was unbelievably windy and these Rainbow Lorikeets were having a ball hanging on in the tree tops. These are their true colours, intensified by the late afternoon light.

Thumbnail by MargaretK Thumbnail by MargaretK Thumbnail by MargaretK Thumbnail by MargaretK Thumbnail by MargaretK
PERTH, Australia

One more of a Rainbow Lorikeet, then a New Holland Honeyeater in a pale pink hibiscus, from more than a week ago (hope I haven't already posted these) and finally a Willie Wagtail.

Thumbnail by MargaretK Thumbnail by MargaretK Thumbnail by MargaretK Thumbnail by MargaretK

Dave, your shots, especially the Bluebirds are worth waiting for.

Margaret, beautiful shots. The Pied Oystercatcher looks as though it is pulling a carrot from the sand. LOL

I cannot imagine seeing such beautiful birds around my area. The New Holland Honeyeater in the pink hibiscus is gorgeous.

Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

Granny, sure love your cardinals.

Burn, nice shots of the hawk and downy.

Dave, that goldfinch is a beauty and I always love the wren and bbs.

Margaret, great shots! That oystercatcher is beautiful as are the herons and lorikeets. Hope you'll save one of those hisbiscus/honeyeater photos for a contest-so pretty.

This pair of nuttall's woodpeckers are really helping to make me forget the nasty weather and cast on my hand.

Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln

Duc, I am going to have to fire up my broom and zip to your house and steal some of those woodpeckers. They are so pretty. Of course, still have to go to Burn's house and swipe a Purple Finch. LOL

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Hello All,

Sorry I've been away for so long...just getting back in the swing of it all here again. Missed everyone!
LOVE everyone's pics!!! :)

We've had a Common Redpoll here for about a month now...don't know if it's the same one as our 1st one last year...could be...both females! I took a pic of her last year on 3/7/11 and on 2/2/12. This pic was taken yesterday...bless her heart!
Sightings here in Nebraska for these arctic tundra/boreal forest breeding birds are not common...even in winter...

This message was edited Feb 29, 2012 1:43 PM

Thumbnail by SusanLouise
Marlton, NJ

Very nice. Congratulations Susan!

Duc, Love that woodpecker!

Great shots everyone!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.