glass yard art

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

I am sure this has been covered before, but since I am sort of new to this forum, I was wondering if any of you make the glass "flowers" using old glassware you pick up at sales. I found where some of you make totem poles but not the flowers. I would love to see some examples that you wouldn't mind master gardeners using.

Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX(Zone 8b)

Hi , I don't happen to do these but I know there are a ton on esty.com you can look at & get ideas.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I have made some, actually enjoyed getting to flea markets to pick up rare pieces..
must go look in file photo's and see if I've kept any?

had one that looks like a flower on the beam but you can't really tell how cute it is..

where oh where would I have pt them

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

love your deck area !

Cuyahoga Falls, OH(Zone 5a)

Me too ! Looks so bright and cozy !

Center, TX

Hi, I'm so glad someone started this thread. Last year we made a few but would like to make a few more. Show what you have done. alday

Victoria Harbour, ON

Country gardens and garden art make me feel most relaxed..waiting for garage sales to stock up on glass pieces now that you all have me motivated!

Edinboro, PA(Zone 5a)

How do you attach the glass flower to the pole? Of you use glue or drill? This point has always stumped me.

Grand Junction, CO(Zone 6a)

I have made several. I use a small flat sided bottle glued to the back of the main plate. It fits nicely over a rebar or other type pole. I have also seen a piece of sturdy fabric, cut in a circle and placed over the pole and glued entirely to the plate. Forms a stiff cast like cover.

Good luck. It is addictive. Biggest problem is what to do with them after you get them all done....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images