-
AuthorContent
mucika
ljubljana
Slovenia

February 26, 2012
10:57 AM

Post #9020742

I have concrete outdoor fireplace that I would like to cover with mosaic (outside only).
I have loads of bathroom tiles leftovers that I was planning to use but now somebody told me I can't use them. I need heat resistant tiles or everything with crack and fell off.
I already have fire-resistant mortar that I intend to use to stick them on and also adhesive.
I was advised to use some sort of fire resistant adhesive that is stretchable so that when whole thing warms and cools it will not crack.

So can I use bathroom tiles?
I am pretty sure I can but still want to check with all of you professionals just in case since I plan to build it up through summer use also junks of mirrors.

thank you

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Mosaics and Stained Glass Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I'm trying stained glass mosaics without grout! luckygardnr 14 Aug 23, 2012 3:05 PM
How is your shop set up? SandiTX 26 Aug 3, 2009 4:15 AM
Show us all your bowling balls! luckygardnr 270 May 7, 2014 12:34 PM
A Demonstration: Breaking Properties of Tempered Glass scooterbug 10 Aug 28, 2007 4:50 AM
Glass painting Vee8ch 3 Dec 12, 2007 3:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America