Photo by Melody

Article: Caffeine: the most widely consumed drug in the world: good FOR plants?

Communities > Forums > Article: Caffeine: the most widely consumed drug in the world
bookmark
Forum: Article: Caffeine: the most widely consumed drug in the worldReplies: 4, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
icflowers
Detroit, MI

February 27, 2012
5:26 AM

Post #9021571

I've been saving my coffee grounds. Does putting this in my garden keep away the bugs that are eating my green beans?

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 27, 2012
1:49 PM

Post #9022246

I'll dig up an old article for you on the subject...hang on.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 27, 2012
1:53 PM

Post #9022250

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1501/
Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

February 29, 2012
3:36 PM

Post #9024971

Thanks for the link.
I put my coffee ground on my knot garden of box woods. According to the article of the link you gave- I should be working it into the soil. Well ---- I might need to -----but that don't mean I have too -- I think I am reaching the point were I do nothing but sit and blog and read :)

I thought that hollies were poisonous, and I was surprised that it was the Ilex family that had the plants in it that provided me coffee in the morning. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

My husband had to go to Venzuela for bussiness/technical support for a sister factory (before the dictator they have now) back in the 90s. One night on the top of the Andes - the body guard/cab driver (another worker had been kidnapped some years back) But they pulled over at a truck stop and asked him if he wanted some java and he said sure. The guard brought him back a little thimble cup of caffeine syrup. My husband said he thought to himself that this little thimble was silly. He got to the motel room , exhausted, laid down to sleep; instead his eyes seem to get very large and he stared at the ceiling untill morning! Not intoxicated - like in red bull, but a pretty powerful little thimble! Wonder what it was?

Oh, and have to comment on the spider web. I Loved the picture of the spider web. Wonderful!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 1, 2012
9:57 AM

Post #9025864

Wow...what a story! Yes, I loved the spider web the best!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Caffeine: the most widely consumed drug in the world Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Home grown jjacques 27 Feb 27, 2012 8:50 PM
Yep, caffeinated here too ... Cville_Gardener 1 Feb 21, 2012 7:23 AM
Excellent research done for this article vossner 12 Feb 23, 2012 6:23 PM
Morning wake up 3pmp 3 Mar 4, 2012 7:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America