Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Lopi Wood Stove Insert & Blowers

Valley Cottage, NY

Newbie here, but I have a question that I have not been able to answer by searching the web or by contacting my local wood burning stove distributors that maybe someone here has a fix for? I have a Lopi Wood Stove Insert which I have had for about 7 years now and love it. My question is that I have replaced both sets of blower fans twice since I have owned it. They are typically supposed to have a life span of about 6 to 7 years, so why am I going through them so fast? I understand that they are closed and sealed units and do not need oiling and that if they get dirty that will shorten the life span. Since they are located directly under the unit, they obviously will get some ash/dust sucked into them. I keep them and the surrounding area as clean as possible, but eventually they start to squeak and need to be replaced. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I run the the unit 24/7 during the winter season and accounts for about 80% of our heating. I was thinking on putting some type of filter on the input? Anyone here have any ideas or input? Appreciate any thoughts.

Jeff

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

Squeaking is usually bearing failure. Since you seem to be trying to keep it clean I suspect that it is located where it is getting too warm. I don't know the stove so have nothing but this guess.

Harvard, MA

I have a 4 year old lopi that is squeeking-Guess I need new blowers. My problem is that the original blowers are sooo noisey I can't watch TV. Has anyone found a replacement that is quiet? Do you have to get original parts? I'd appreciate any info.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.