Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Irrigation Systems: Any Experience With Crystal Polymers?

Communities > Forums > Irrigation Systems
bookmark
Forum: Irrigation SystemsReplies: 7, Views: 102
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
kdfisher
Ellijay, GA
(Zone 7a)

February 27, 2012
2:14 PM

Post #9022286

Sorry if this isn't the place for such a question. I use irrigation from a property creek through a small pump and garden hose but it doesn't have the oomph to climb more than 15 vertical feet or so, which is where my dry areas are. I've wondered about crystal polymers and if they're effective enough for soil that drains quickly and dries out.

Areas in question...Tulip beds left side of drive(wet in the spring, but not summer)...also area along the fence line going up the drive. I've spent many days improving the soil but it dries out too fast and I'd like to get something substantial in there that grows in full sun(most of property is shaded).

Another thought to retain moisture is remove all soil and line the bed bottoms with perforated plastic sheething(6 mil visqeen)

Any thoughts? Oh and here's one site I've glanced at.

http://watersorb.com/application.htm

Thanks!

Thumbnail by kdfisher   Thumbnail by kdfisher
Click an image for an enlarged view.

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Irrigation Systems Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Drip Irrigation Gardening TomK 40 Jun 26, 2014 5:51 PM
EZ cloner success stories skidbump 78 May 16, 2012 1:44 PM
Who has an Irrigation System birder17 27 Sep 25, 2014 1:59 PM
Irrigating/watering "cottage" garden lizzipa 16 Jun 10, 2011 5:37 PM
do rain barrels provide enough ooomph for drip irrigation? 6aseeder 15 Mar 26, 2011 2:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America