Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Upper Midwest Gardening: sales and bargains

Communities > Forums > Upper Midwest Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Upper Midwest GardeningReplies: 4, Views: 66
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
duck_toller
Middleton, WI
(Zone 4b)

March 1, 2012
3:40 PM

Post #9026243

Just saw that my favorite gloves are on sale at Overstock.com Now I need to decide if I need assorted colors or all the same http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Atlas-Assorted-Color-Medium-Nitrile-Touch-Gloves-Set-of-4/6313568/product.html

Also I'm thinking I'm going to get the Costco raised bed for $99.
CindyMzone5
Hobart, IN

March 2, 2012
7:22 AM

Post #9026889

Nice going on the glove deal. I know everyone raves about those gloves. How do they hold up? I go through a couple of pair of leather gloves every year - wear through the fingertips.
duck_toller
Middleton, WI
(Zone 4b)

March 3, 2012
6:24 AM

Post #9028036

I love them. If they too muddy I put them in the dishwasher. They don't hold up as well as leather, but they are way cheaper so you can afford to get more.

I have a pair of leather rose gloves with long gauntlets but they are hot and cumbersome compared to these. So unless I need the protection from thorns I don't use them much.
CindyMzone5
Hobart, IN

March 3, 2012
6:34 AM

Post #9028049

I manage to find my leather work gloves at Menards for under $10 a pair. I do throw them in the wash from time to time when they get crusted in mud and whatever else. Normally I wouldn't mind if the fingers wore out but with poison ivy around here, you never know where those seedlings will pop up. Only time I'll not use gloves is in dealing with potted plants.
KaylyRed
Watertown, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 3, 2012
3:10 PM

Post #9028578

Are these gloves good at protecting your fingernails? Because, for a gardener, I hate dirt under my fingernails, and all my gloves seem to "leak." :P

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Upper Midwest Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Me Too! Great Forum idea! / Seed saving question caitlinsgarden 12 Jun 6, 2007 1:34 PM
Let's Plan a "TO-DO" Calendar! julie88 104 Jan 23, 2013 10:47 AM
Raggball ornaments raggedyann16142 8 Jun 6, 2007 1:39 PM
Organizing & Documenting *my* Seeds and Plant Info julie88 199 Mar 11, 2007 5:11 PM
ROAD TRIP to DUBUQUE and beyond ! Wandasflowers 93 Apr 8, 2007 12:17 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America