Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Brugmansias: finally a couple Blooms in the Basement

Communities > Forums > Brugmansias
bookmark
Forum: BrugmansiasReplies: 267, Views: 1,868
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

March 2, 2012
4:36 PM

Post #9027508

Finally I have one Bloom, the other Bud should be open, either tommorrow or Sunday

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49
Click the image for an enlarged view.

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

March 2, 2012
4:39 PM

Post #9027510

Here's the Bud on Miss B. Havin, I am so glad I have this Brug

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 5, 2012
7:14 PM

Post #9031598

She is beautiful. I still have not been able to get her going here.. you are amazing with your brugs.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 6, 2012
6:32 PM

Post #9032703

Elizabeth grows beautiful brugs, here is her previous thread to view her beautys.. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1227646/

This message was edited Mar 6, 2012 8:32 PM
gardenpaw
Brownstown, IN

March 7, 2012
2:59 PM

Post #9033664

So pretty Elizabeth!!!
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

March 7, 2012
3:12 PM

Post #9033677

Debra, Thank you, I am like you, we love our Brugs
Karen, Thank you, I can't wait to see our Brugs Bloom

Eizabeth
gardenpaw
Brownstown, IN

March 8, 2012
2:45 PM

Post #9034963

It wont be long now and we will all be out getting them in the ground!

It will be nice to play in the dirt again! :):):)
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

March 9, 2012
6:16 PM

Post #9036325

Karen
it looks like we might soon, don't forget to set your clock ahead tommorrow night, Yippee, longer days, also by watching the weather
after tonight, the night time temps will be 35 degrees

Elizabeth
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

March 14, 2012
6:18 PM

Post #9043017

Well, it's just March 14th, but the weather outside is absolutely Beautiful, finally got some Brugs, moved up to the back Porch, next I can move to the GH
they look like they can sure use being outside, for some reason, a couple of them are really leafed out in the Basement, while others still look like Sticks
maybe it's the ones from really good stock

Elizabeth
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

March 17, 2012
10:39 AM

Post #9046086

last year I tended my cuttings carefully and was waiting for the 'y' to form. Well, my only surviver is the big tall one that has new little growths all up and down the stem. It went outside today to enjoy the fresh air and 79* weather.
Is it time to begin the feedings?
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

March 18, 2012
3:36 PM

Post #9047692

Sheri
I am glad you had at least one survive, I also put some Brugs outside, our temps today was 81, tommorrow it will be about the same
with the night time 55 degrees, it is time to start Feeding them, Tuesday is the First day of Spring, have a good Evening

Elizabeth
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

March 18, 2012
9:53 PM

Post #9048147

;-D thanks Elizabeth. I feel so bad that so many were lost, don't know what I did wrong
kareoke
Greensburg, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 19, 2012
5:06 AM

Post #9048272

Birdie you are not alone, I have grown Brugs for years, last year I had heart attache and my children convinced me to get rid of them as they were a lot of work, ( I had 97) well I MISS THEM so I tried starting more with cuttings, and seeds and each one have failed, and I have no idea why, I have 5 that survived including one that was named for me, but I need more cuttings, or buy some plants. I just can't give them up.
bettydee
La Grange, TX
(Zone 8b)

March 19, 2012
11:27 AM

Post #9048848

The biggest Brug killer in winter is a combination of cold temperatures and wet soil. This is the perfect breeding ground for the fungus that causes root rot. Brugs do better with a little benign neglect. I always seem to lose the ones I baby too much.

During winter dormancy, it is import that the root systems are strong and healthy. The energy stored in the roots is what is going to keep the plant alive during dormancy. Cuttings that were started late fall or early winter don't have much of a root system so the mortality rate can be high. The best thing to do with newly rooted cuttings is to keep them growing during their first winter. Provide temperatures over 50F. 50F should be the minimum temperature. Fertilize lightly and keep them under light to get good strong stems. You still have to keep the cuttings on the dryish side of moist because it is still possible to get root rot. Warmer room temperatures help against this.

Of course, you can go beyond benign neglect. I did that last year and the result was the loss of over 75 Brugs.

I started having a variety of health problems early August, 2010 that required hospitalization and couldn't care for my plants. I was able to talk the gentleman who helps me with the ranch to water my Brugs for me, but he couldn't do it often enough to keep many from dying. During one of those hospital stays I injured my back for which I had to have surgery late May, 2011. Because of a rare genetic problem, I have to avoid most pain killers and I ended up back in the hospital several more times this past summer. I mention this because it has a direct baring on the loss of over 75 Brugs. This was a bit too much neglect. What makes it more painful is that I bought them all. I'm out several thousand dollars worth of Brugs.

The loss this past summer actually had its beginnings last winter. We had a near record cold winter for this part of Texas. We had a rolling blackout early, early one morning. By the time I discovered the blackout, the temperature in the greenhouse had dropped to below freezing, probably for several hours. This is what my Brug looked like last March. All the Brugs along the outside edge died but most of the others came back. Because I couldn't care for them properly, they started summer in a weakened condition. Then in the summer, the combination of a record drought, hot weather and lack of humidity, my Brugs went into summer dormancy. Most lost all their leaves and branches. When it was all over and I counted up my losses, I had lost over 75. I overwintered a few that appeared to have some living roots. When I pull them outside later this month, I will have to check the roots again because so far only one of those has sent out new growth.

My back has recovered although I will have to rely on help to move the pots for me, but I will be able to go out and water and fertilize the survivors by myself. I mourn the Brugs I lost especially since many favorites were among those lost. The survivors are truly tough.

Thumbnail by bettydee   Thumbnail by bettydee
Click an image for an enlarged view.

gardenpaw
Brownstown, IN

March 21, 2012
8:10 AM

Post #9051311

Hi Bettydee,
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of almost all of your Brugs and all of the health problems you have had to go through, Im so glad that your back is alot better now!

If you will send me your address I will be glad to send you some cuttings when I get mine out and growing.
Best Wishes,
Karen
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

March 24, 2012
2:15 PM

Post #9055463

Good afternoon
Veronica
I am sorry you have health Problems, also that you have lost your Brugs, here's whats Blooming now my Peach Tree

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

March 24, 2012
2:17 PM

Post #9055467

the Quince, I sure hope we're done with cold weather

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

March 24, 2012
2:19 PM

Post #9055468

Tulips

bettydee
La Grange, TX
(Zone 8b)

March 24, 2012
5:47 PM

Post #9055694

Elizabeth,
I hope you are in good health yourself. I love the tulips! We don't get enough cold for me to have tulips here. We didn't get a late frost this year so it looks like I'll see some peaches and plums on my trees. Now if I can just talk the squirrels into letting me have a few when they ripen. LOL.
kareoke
Greensburg, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 25, 2012
5:08 AM

Post #9056026

Well darn it, I just lost three of my new brugs to weather, I put them outside yesterday when they said we would get rain, and I was going out for the day, that rain turned into a mighty storm with LARGE hail that even closed the Interstate for an hour. and it shredded those brugs to pieces and smashed the pots, now the temps are down in the low 50s
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

March 25, 2012
12:15 PM

Post #9056484

Veronica
yes, I am in good Health, Thank you for asking, it's always good to have fresh fruit

Elizabeth
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

March 25, 2012
12:16 PM

Post #9056486

Doris
I am sorry to hear that, I hope you didn't lose them all

Elizabeth
kareoke
Greensburg, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 26, 2012
5:12 AM

Post #9057193

Thank you Elizabeth, I left my two important ones in the house so they are OK, will need to watch for some being sold.
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

March 28, 2012
7:17 PM

Post #9061221

Doris
I am so Glad, you still have the important ones, Yippee, I think the weather is going to be fine, for the Brugs, I got some clippings
& a couple Brugs in the ground today

Elizabeth
kareoke
Greensburg, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 29, 2012
4:55 AM

Post #9061476

Gosh I sure hope you don't get the freeze they say we are going to get this weekend.
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

March 29, 2012
7:24 PM

Post #9062597

Doris
where I have them planted, they're protected, all I have to do is throw a sheet over them, I will watch the weather reports, usually I
have them all planted by April 1st, for the last 4 years

Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 30, 2012
8:46 AM

Post #9063093

Up this fence line is where I'm planting my brugs and my critters are usually close by..
I have iris blooming in the meantime...

Thumbnail by ridesredmule   Thumbnail by ridesredmule   Thumbnail by ridesredmule   Thumbnail by ridesredmule

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

April 7, 2012
5:31 PM

Post #9073476

Charlene
Looking good there, Love the Iris, Tommorrow, I will have to take Photo's of my Critters, I have found a new use for my GH, now that the Brugs, are in the Ground, I ran out of Space, so I just potted some up in Bigger Pots.
BTW, it's good to see you post

Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 8, 2012
5:45 AM

Post #9073834

I've not forgotten you my friend...
I have a brug bud formed and skirt is showing but no color and of coarse NOID, I could boot my rump sometimes. losing tags but I know it will be beautiful. It has several blooms on it...
Love you all.
Blessed Easter to you all...

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 11, 2012
9:11 AM

Post #9078391

Hey girls, Here is first bloom. Lost tag. (again)

Thumbnail by ridesredmule   Thumbnail by ridesredmule   Thumbnail by ridesredmule   Thumbnail by ridesredmule   Thumbnail by ridesredmule

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

April 18, 2012
10:44 AM

Post #9087597

beautiful!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 18, 2012
12:31 PM

Post #9087727

Debra, how are you doing?? Storm didn't hit did it????
Thank you dear...

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 26, 2012
8:57 AM

Post #9098529

Where is everyone????

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

April 26, 2012
1:53 PM

Post #9098869

Charlene
Pretty Brug, I am right here, I also have some photo's of my Critter's, also I have been busy, getting new Carpet, I also have been up at the Hospital
it's not me this time, it's my MIL, she is having a really rough time right now.
well here are some photo's, this is the Baby Rabbit, that I saved, the next photo is of the other one

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

April 26, 2012
2:05 PM

Post #9098880

The other Rabbit, These little fellows are Wild

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

April 26, 2012
2:08 PM

Post #9098883

These Chickens, Geese & Ducks are in the GH, they love it, This one is my only Rooster

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

April 26, 2012
2:09 PM

Post #9098886

Geese, & Ducks

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

April 26, 2012
2:10 PM

Post #9098887

The biggest Goose

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

April 26, 2012
2:13 PM

Post #9098890

These are still to small to go into the GH, they are Bantams & Chickens that lay Easter Egg colored Eggs

Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 26, 2012
3:33 PM

Post #9098986

I just came in from sitting out brugs. WWhheewwww!! I did get warm. If they all bloom, it is going to be heavenly...
Look at all your baby's. i love it. Did you inherit the chicks from the grand kids????
Sure has been quiet over here. folks must be out in the gardens...
Charleen
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

April 26, 2012
6:05 PM

Post #9099199

Charlene
no I didn't inherit the Chicks, I bought them so the GK's could enjoy them without having to care for them, I have all the Brugs planted in the ground, well all
that I have space for, then I have some planted in big pots, Yes it will be heavenly when they all Bloom
I agree everyone must be Gardening

Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 27, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #9100185

The only one I saw posting were from My Australia Friends. So I thought I'd pop in and see where folks were...
You will love those little chicks Elizabeth, I enjoy mine...
Charleen
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 27, 2012
2:47 PM

Post #9100340

Very cute chicks. I've never heard of hens that lay Easter colored eggs!! If you have any extra Brug pieces, I'd love to root and plant again. the only survivor was the 5 ft tall one that bloomed last year. One's better than none though!
Happy gardening
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

April 30, 2012
5:58 PM

Post #9104623

Cheri
they are Arcanums, they are so cute, the one looks like it has eye makeup, Hey I got my first egg Yesterday, it was a small egg, so I am pretty sure it was the
Bantam Hen, that laid the egg, well have a great evening

Elizabeth
bettydee
La Grange, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 1, 2012
9:09 AM

Post #9105525

I don't know much about raising chickens as my first and only attempt ended in disaster neighborhood dogs got into their pen but my son has about 50 of the Ameraucanas who are similar to Araucanas and also lay blue eggs in various shades. He must not have the pure breed because some of his chickens produce green eggs and various other shades.
http://www.mypetchicken.com/chicken-breeds/Ameraucana-B5.aspx
I'll stick with cattle. Coyotes don't usually bother them although we have begun to have a problem with vultures and Mexican Eagles.
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 2, 2012
11:19 AM

Post #9107311

I am so excited!!! on my war back from picking up the newspaper from the drive, a wondrous thing appeared before me. An old dead looking Brug stick (a Y!) that I actually had meant to discard...was sporting little baby leaves all up and down its "dead stick body".

I can't help but wonder if others ,long gone into the woodland garden area, had potential life remaining somewhere in a deep hidden cell. ;-( Oh well, now I have two and will focus on gratitude for them. Wonder what they are??
bettydee
La Grange, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 4, 2012
8:26 AM

Post #9110056

Birdie,
Never, never throw away a slightly dead-looking Brug! Check for feeder roots instead. As long as there are live feeder roots atill attached to the buried trunk, there is a good chance that the Brug will put out new growth. I've had some come back after being seemingly dead 6 mos. Just keep the root ball slightly moist to almost dry so you don't drown the roots and then wait. Only when the feeder roots are brown and falling apart can you truly say your Brug is dead.

I hope your baby makes a healthy comeback.
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2012
11:09 AM

Post #9110262

I checked them and this one definitely was shriveled and dry. I'll never toss another, though even if I'm totally convinced it's dead.

Yeah God for the rebirth of this baby!!
scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

May 18, 2012
3:55 AM

Post #9128031

Is it possible that my first two brugs(planted from cuttings this spring) could already be getting ready to bloom? The Frosty Pink is only about two feet tall but definitely has a Y and the new growth is looking "different".
The Ecuador Pink, also from cutting this spring, is not quite at a V but is growing like crazy. Everyone says brugs require patience so I'm pleasantly surprised about the fast pace. Must be the heat and rain, in an area prone to drought this is a perfect spring.
bettydee
La Grange, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 18, 2012
11:02 AM

Post #9128568

Judy,
Luckily, you received cuttings taken from above the mother plant's "Y". Your plants are behaving normally. The only growing tissue your Brugs have at this point is flowering tissue. Later, as your Brugs' root systems grow and mature, your plants will send out new vegetative growth from below ground. That growth will be straight and tall. That is the growth that tries your patience. Each cultivar is different, but some may grow up to 12' before they put out their first "Y" and bloom.

Never pinch out the tip of those vegetative growth shoots in hopes that they will branch and bloom sooner. The snipped shoot will branch but it will not set blooms any sooner. In fact, it will only slow blooming. The vegetative cycle is genetically set. Snipping the tips re-sets the cycle back to zero.

Enjoy your two beauties!
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

June 12, 2012
5:52 PM

Post #9162779

Good evening Ladies
well I have something Blooming, here it is, I also have a ripe tomato, this early, Yippee

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49   Thumbnail by plantlover49   Thumbnail by plantlover49   Thumbnail by plantlover49   Thumbnail by plantlover49

BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2012
7:20 PM

Post #9162895

You must have not only a green thumb, but a Brug thumb too!! I always enjoy your post pics!!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

June 15, 2012
12:41 AM

Post #9165823

WoW! I have missed a lot!
I agree with Sheri, green arm...
gardenpaw
Brownstown, IN

June 15, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9167048

Pretty blooms Elizabeth, great job!

Karen
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2012
8:36 PM

Post #9167108

OT (sorry)- I want all of y friends here and on other threads to know just how much I have learned from you and how special each and every one of you re to me.
It is looking grim on me renewing my DG membership in a couple weeks, I have had much increased medical & pharmacy charges, and find myself hanging on a wing and a prayer.

Much love,
Sheri :-(
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

June 17, 2012
3:13 PM

Post #9169091

Good evening everyone
I am so glad everyone. likes my photo's, there should be a lot more, I have Buds everywhere, Sheri, I so hope you get to be on DG's, you're very dear to all of us
well have a great Evening, everyone

Elizabeth
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

June 18, 2012
5:33 PM

Post #9170665

I thought everyone would like these photo's, I just took them today, you can see my figs, are growing very well

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49   Thumbnail by plantlover49   Thumbnail by plantlover49   Thumbnail by plantlover49   Thumbnail by plantlover49

BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 20, 2012
12:43 PM

Post #9173092

WOW!!! Those sure are some beautiful flowers! What is the red one with leaves that look like a Christmas cactus? Oh, & yes I must have an angel as my membership has been renewed till 2013. Thank you Angel, whoever you are!!
Sheri
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

June 29, 2012
3:40 PM

Post #9186657

Ladies, some Blooming plants, Yippee
Elizabeth

BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 29, 2012
7:55 PM

Post #9186946

Wow!! Beautiful...bet it smells wonderful, especially in the early morning around your house Hopefully some day (soon) I will be able to have even just 1 blooming Brug here.
A neighbor on my short morning walk has a number in her yard, and I'm awaiting the 1st flush. That fragrance that must be in heaven is..such
a wonderful morning gift from above.
Heading out around 6:30am to go to VA. to a DG round-up on the Blue Ridge Mountains. I'm very excited. This will be my 2nd one and many of the members who were at the NC one a couple months ago will be there.

Sheri
gardenpaw
Brownstown, IN

July 1, 2012
9:07 PM

Post #9189383

Soo pretty Elizabeth!

Karen
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

July 4, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9193251

Karen
Thank you. I was up at 7 am this morning watering all the plants & the lawn, it was warm at that time, then it really got hot, this afternoon
I hope you're staying cool

Elizabeth
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

July 6, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #9195028

Good Morning Everyone
Look what I caught taking a nap, he was in the tree to fight the heat, then he fell asleep
I hope Everyone had a Great 4th of July

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

July 6, 2012
6:24 AM

Post #9195050

I have a couple Blooms of Day Blooming Cerus, the heat has affected the Brugs, I have a couple small Buds

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49   Thumbnail by plantlover49

BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2012
9:18 AM

Post #9195276

So there are both night blooming and day blooming cereous!?
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

July 6, 2012
5:31 PM

Post #9195799

Sheri
Yes, I will show you the Bud on it, you have to catch it right when it Blooms, to take a nice photo of it, they are fragrant also
here's the photo

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49   Thumbnail by plantlover49   Thumbnail by plantlover49   Thumbnail by plantlover49

BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2012
4:14 PM

Post #9197008

totally cool. can a piece of it be rooted??
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

July 7, 2012
5:19 PM

Post #9197075

Sheri
I rooted mine, with a leaf, you just put it in soil, it has to be 3 years from rooting to Bloom

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

July 9, 2012
8:24 PM

Post #9199817

i can't wait for all my cerus to bloom someday. none of my brugs are doing well, it is just too hot.
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

July 12, 2012
4:47 PM

Post #9203165

Debra
I water mine every morning, they look good, but are stressed, not a bud anywhere, I am sure when it cools down, both of us, will have plenty of Blooms.
for some reason, the Cerus has to be 3yrs old, before they Bloom.
Hey, it's good to hear from you

Elizabeth
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 13, 2012
12:57 PM

Post #9204035

Now I understand the Night Blooming Cerus parties to watch the bloom open. I used to have a rather large mature cactus in the Cerus family that bloomed a very big, very similar blossum...one night only. Oh how I have missed that annual show.

Sheri
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

July 14, 2012
4:47 PM

Post #9205332

Sheri
I thought I would show you the Red Orchaid Catcus, also some other things Blooming right now, also I checked the Brugs, I do have 3 with small Buds
I'll post those as soon as they Bloom

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49   Thumbnail by plantlover49   Thumbnail by plantlover49

BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 17, 2012
12:44 AM

Post #9208286

Oh Wow!!! That Red Orchid Cactus is breathtaking!! How is it propagated?? The leaves remind me of those on a Christmas Cactus. Also, looks to be a day bloomer...?

Sheri

ps: within 24*'s of feeding, my very tall double bloomer, it is leafing all up & down the main staff
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

July 18, 2012
3:11 PM

Post #9210468

Sheri
that's great news, I sure hope you have Blooms soon, I think you can take a stem, let it dry out for a week, then plant it in soil, I had a Crown of thorns, that had a broken
stem, I put it in soil, it rooted, then I shared it with my neighbor, it's growing well for her, we finally got some Rain for the last 2 days, I have at least 4 Brugs with Buds
so hopefully soon, I'll have photo's

Elizabeth
scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

July 19, 2012
3:36 AM

Post #9210976

The Ecuador pink purchased as a rooted cutting this spring has forked in two places! Looks like buds are definitely getting ready to form...teach me patience.
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

July 20, 2012
4:25 PM

Post #9212736

Judy
Good evening, I have about 7 Brugs with Buds, that's the hardest part of growing these Beauty's, waiting, hopefully you will see
Blooms soon, the Ecuador Pink is Beautifull

Elizabeth
scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

July 21, 2012
8:36 PM

Post #9213953

Looked closer today and buds are already formed, that couldn't have happened overnight, must have been there before. Maybe they did form overnight, our weather has been perfect for it: rainy afternoons and hot days. Everything is growing so lush, and just a little ways from here is drought. Thank my lucky stars.
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

July 22, 2012
3:04 PM

Post #9214790

Judy
glad to hear it, Congratulations, on your Buds, everything is lush here also. when rain isn't in the forecast, I water every morning at 7:30
it really does them good, so they can stand the afternoon sun, I also have a Plumeria about to Bloom, anyday now

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

July 29, 2012
8:55 PM

Post #9223168

I am hoping to see the first orchid cactus and the firstbloms of phicks cross I grew from a seed I purchased. no rain here so watering almost 6 hours a day total for all gardens. I don't water the grass out front as no one else does on our block. we all have burmuda out there. My back yard is lush because I am paying out the ying yang to water. I am even draining the washer rinse water outside now. insidebasement garden is where peach versi, milk n honey, and the phicks cross are. I have buds on betty marshall outside. Here is Kaitlyn, bless her heart, she blomed all winter until april.
She looks to be gearing up for some flushes as soon as it rains I bet thee are buds. Silly rain lillys think it is raining because it gets cloudy and then I water. All the rain keeps going past and around us. *sigh*
new arbor on south east fence, since all the trees and 11 ft shrubs have been whacked out by the neighbors. It is very sunny ou there, but this area has shade by 1 pm
here is the other arch on the north east corner of the patio.. we moved it from the middle to the corner so we could walk out that way off the pario. I have built shade with living walls of sunflowers and morning glorys. the brugs on the pario are opposife this arch.
This used to be the bean patch. We got almost a bushel of beans this year . now it is full of tomatoes, peppers, moring glorys , maranthus, lilac de fleur moon flower, mariglds, zinnia, sunflowers, and a number of other things. including my banana tree.
I bulit this living wall of vines to shade the squash... it seems to work.. 4 o clocks are opposite this view.
I will show you the brugs outside next post. sorry to hog the thread.

Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

July 30, 2012
1:13 PM

Post #9223833

Debra
Nice,Nice, & Nice, it's really Good to see you Posting, with all your Nice Green Things, I am Glad to see you Hog the Thread
feel free to anytime, I have a Double that's about to Open, it has 3 Blooms, I'll post it as soon as it Blooms
we're lacking the Rain also, I have been watering, I had a Cross by Patricia Watson, with all kinds of Buds, well with
the Heat, almost all of them fell off, you gotta love the four o'clock they Bloom all the time

Elizabeth
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

August 1, 2012
2:30 PM

Post #9226249

Good Evening, finally some Blooms
here goes, I wish we had smell a vision

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

August 9, 2012
12:57 PM

Post #9235834

Good afternoon, finally I have some Flowers I hope everyone else has Blooms

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

August 9, 2012
1:01 PM

Post #9235837

here are some more, I stayed up last night to get just the right photo of the night Blooming Cerus, it's fragrant when it first opens

Elizabeth

gardenpaw
Brownstown, IN

August 12, 2012
2:16 PM

Post #9239121

Very pretty Elizabeth!!

Karen
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

August 13, 2012
12:42 PM

Post #9240225

Karen
I am so glad you got to see what's Blooming, Thank you

Elizabeth
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

August 13, 2012
12:46 PM

Post #9240228

some more Blooms that I took last night

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

August 13, 2012
12:50 PM

Post #9240231

more Blooms, enjoy

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

August 13, 2012
12:52 PM

Post #9240233

more Blooms

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

August 15, 2012
3:05 PM

Post #9242670

here are some new photos

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

August 15, 2012
3:07 PM

Post #9242672

here are some more

Elizabeth

gardenpaw
Brownstown, IN

August 16, 2012
10:49 AM

Post #9243542

Lots blooming at your house!
Very pretty!!! :)
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

August 17, 2012
11:01 AM

Post #9244668

Karen
Thank you, we have some cooler weather coming over the next few days, hopefully we'll both have tons
of Blooms

Elizabeth
scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

August 24, 2012
3:37 AM

Post #9251917

About 30 blooms on my first brug, Ecuador Pink. Will post pix later when I'm on my laptop.
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

August 25, 2012
9:40 AM

Post #9253192

Judy
can't wait to see them, I have Angels Exotic Blooming right now, I'll post photo's as soon as I download them
I also have Buds waiting to Bloom

Elizabeth
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 2, 2012
6:35 AM

Post #9262176

finally some Blooms

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 2, 2012
6:38 AM

Post #9262180

more Blooms

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 2, 2012
6:44 AM

Post #9262191

more photo's

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49   Thumbnail by plantlover49   Thumbnail by plantlover49   Thumbnail by plantlover49   

gardenpaw
Brownstown, IN

September 2, 2012
7:08 AM

Post #9262213

Your on a roll girl! Very pretty!!

Karen
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 2, 2012
8:30 AM

Post #9262327

Karen
it's good to hear from you, Thank you, I have more that I will post later on

Elizabeth
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 4, 2012
4:08 AM

Post #9264249

after the Rain, here are some new photo's

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 4, 2012
4:18 AM

Post #9264254

one more

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 4, 2012
4:43 AM

Post #9264261

more Blooms, finally that wonderful Scents in the air

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 4, 2012
5:01 AM

Post #9264272

finally a lot of Blooms, the Rain really helped

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 6, 2012
10:53 AM

Post #9267081

The Rain has done wonders for the Brugs

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 6, 2012
11:04 AM

Post #9267101

more pix

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 7, 2012
3:14 PM

Post #9268295

more pix

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 7, 2012
3:18 PM

Post #9268300

more

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 8, 2012
10:42 AM

Post #9268943

last night I waited up to see this Night Blooming Cerus Bloom

Elizabeth

gardenpaw
Brownstown, IN

September 8, 2012
9:32 PM

Post #9269503

Pretty Blooms Elizabeth!!
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 9, 2012
10:11 AM

Post #9269841

Karen
Thank you, it was worth the wait, finally Super Spot Bloomed, also Lizzy

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49   Thumbnail by plantlover49   Thumbnail by plantlover49      

BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2012
6:56 PM

Post #9270269

Elizabloomsbeth - You always have so many beautiful and breath taking blooms. Thankyou so much for sharing them with us. I have been praying for a NB Cerius for a long time. NOt a single Brug bloom yet. How often do you feed yours, and what do you use???

Sheri

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 10, 2012
12:59 PM

Post #9271049

Sheri

Thank you for the nice comments, mostly I use Miracle Grow, I usually feed them once every 3 weeks, I also use 10 10 10 in the bottom of the hole when I put them in the ground
in April, my Best Friend, told me that's what works, it sure does, Thank you Karen
Before it gets cold,cold, I can help you out with the NBC, I started mine from 1 leaf, they are so easy to root, they're also easy to care for in the winter, just
don't over water them

Elizabeth
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 12, 2012
5:55 AM

Post #9272864

what's Blooming this morning

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 12, 2012
6:02 AM

Post #9272870

more pix,since it's cooled way down

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 13, 2012
3:40 PM

Post #9274317

finally Flame getting some color, also Superspot getting darker, that's Hazelnut Buttercup in the photo

Elizabeth

jerodsmom
Livermore, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 13, 2012
3:49 PM

Post #9274325

Wow Elizabeth, You have so much going on in your garden. Your blooms are lovely !!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

September 13, 2012
7:32 PM

Post #9274522

jerodsmom wrote:Wow Elizabeth, You have so much going on in your garden. Your blooms are lovely !!

I agree! I had to bring my brugs in they were struggling this summer, betty marshall is budded out, and kaitlyn is blooming outside only 4 blooms, but I will take them, your blooms are all gorgeous, Elizabeth. I only have a few brugs now, most of mine failed this summer didn't get them inside fast enough. raining nw, wish I would have some cerus blooming, might be anoither year before I see any.. still no double in this house yet..
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 14, 2012
9:54 AM

Post #9275039

Patricia
I am so Glad you got to see my Pix, here is something, that you crossed, I did surgery just to make sure, sure enough I counted 5 skirts, now Klein Lady crossed
with Genevive, has many more Buds, so hopefully they will all open, you have done a wonderfull job with that cross

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 14, 2012
10:00 AM

Post #9275047

Debra
Kaitlyn, is a Beauty, I had one, I don't know what I did with it, over the next couple weeks, there should be some really good Flushes
I am sorry to hear that yours didn't do well

Elizabeth
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 14, 2012
1:25 PM

Post #9275210

trying out my new Camera, todays Pix of Flame, it's really starting to color up, these are night shot's

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

September 14, 2012
3:23 PM

Post #9275304

flame is a double? yippee! maybe I will see a double after all.
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 15, 2012
9:12 AM

Post #9275882

Debra
I was so hoping that you did have a double, Yippee is right, Please post yours when it Bloom

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

September 15, 2012
9:49 AM

Post #9275902

wish the miss bhavin would have taken root, that was twice i failed w/that one from you, dear.. if you see charleen, tell her thank you for the setosa seeds..

Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 15, 2012
1:49 PM

Post #9276052

Debra
look at those Blooms, looking good, I hear from Charleen on facebook, not that often, but every once in awhile

Elizabeth
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 16, 2012
11:32 AM

Post #9276703

Karoline finally Bloomed, this is a cross by JT Sessions, a nice shade of darker pink, the third Pix is a cross by RJ
the fourth one is Superspot, the last one Red canna

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

September 16, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #9277064

Karoline loos lie hwe sister, Kaitlyn, by jtsessions, doesn't she?

Thumbnail by joeswife

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 17, 2012
9:53 AM

Post #9277766

Debra
she sure does, JT does a fine job with his Brugs, I just love the color

Elizabeth
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 18, 2012
7:44 AM

Post #9278735

here are the day blooming cerus, by all the buds on it now as well as the blooms, it should be blooming for some time

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

September 18, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9279501

beUTFIUL! gee, wish mine would bloom. well, i don't have that kind, tho..

Thumbnail by joeswife

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 19, 2012
2:44 PM

Post #9280342

Debra
what a nice Bloom, I just got back from Lowes, they have 1 gal mum's for $1.00 so naturally I had to get a few
it's time to plant them, soon I'll have more Brugs Blooming

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

September 19, 2012
8:52 PM

Post #9280691

I got my mums last year for 5 cents at end of season, they are in ground in the new area, budding out. I am so kacited to see them make it thru the summer. Betty Marshall is prolly blooming now, I need to go down and take a look at her.
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 20, 2012
9:18 AM

Post #9281080

Debra
Wow, that's a better price, as soon as I did some of my Brugs up, I will plant mine, I have started digging my small Brugs up
planting them up, getting ready to put them in the basement

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

September 20, 2012
8:23 PM

Post #9281634

got a lot in the basement already. still a few outside, and some in rooting tub, going to send those out to newbies I think. my morning glory tree bloomed this am and i missed it *whine*
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 21, 2012
9:45 AM

Post #9282088

Debra
you're way ahead of me, I had a morning Glory tree, that didn't make it, sorry you didn't get to see the Bloom, that's always disappointing.
yesterday, a lady stopped by, she bought a jade from me, she also wanted to know about the Brugs, so I gave her a clipping, she wanted
some Prickly Pear, so she traded some Giant EE's for them

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

September 21, 2012
10:09 AM

Post #9282119

what kind of prickly pear do you have? I have the yellow blooming one with hardly visible spines. MG tree is blooming now, but camera at work duh. Do you want a small rooted one? I have one..
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 22, 2012

Post #9283239

Debra
my Prickly Pear, blooms yellow with Red in the center, these have to be left outside, they have long spines, with little Red like hairs
I have to seperate them with tongs, they make a great living fence, also you don't have to worry about anyone making off with them
does the morning glory tree do well inside, in the winter?

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

September 24, 2012
12:53 PM

Post #9285049

it just goes dormant, then when I move it outside it comes back
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 24, 2012
1:12 PM

Post #9285074

Debra
I would love to trade for one, what do you need, or want?

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

September 26, 2012
4:42 AM

Post #9286614

how about a piece of the prickly pear you have? I am not going to try brugs rooting in the winter any more.. it breaks my heart when I lose one.
RAIN!!! YAY!
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 26, 2012
8:42 AM

Post #9286823

Debra
I'll get you about 3 pads, Dmail me your addy, I am so glad both of us have Rain, right now, I am still digging the small Brugs
that won't have enough time to Bloom

Elizabeth
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 26, 2012
11:48 AM

Post #9286974

Elizabeth, what is that dark pink dbl. up on Sept. 4? The one that says "one more"
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 27, 2012
9:41 AM

Post #9287942

roxxanne
that's Angels Exotic, it's about to Bloom, the Bloom should be a triple, now that it's cooler weather, we'll see

Elizabeth
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 27, 2012
9:54 PM

Post #9288508

That is now on my Gotta Have list!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

September 27, 2012
10:38 PM

Post #9288522

LOL I know how you feel, Rox, I want all the doubles and triples she has shown, I have yet to see one, it won't be this year for flame either. he got deleafed and whacked and is now a root ball waiting for next year.
I have two brugs left in ground, four root balls in a tub outside, and several small babys I started way back in early summer going of maya, dola, and peach versi. we will see if they make it or not.
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 28, 2012
9:16 AM

Post #9288894

Debra
soon there will be one last show, I have several Brugs with Buds about to Bloom, I have taken all the one's that wasn't about
to Bloom, up in pots, ready to go in the Basement, I won't put them down there, until the temps drop.
Santa Rosa, is I know 12 ft. tall, & just full of Buds

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

September 28, 2012
11:49 PM

Post #9289555

you are a lucky woman, the only one performing for me is good ole Kaitlyn, I have your mg tree ready to send, will post it in mail Monday or tuesday.
this is lobata

Thumbnail by joeswife

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

September 29, 2012
4:59 PM

Post #9290276

I'll send your Prickly Pear, also your Peach seeds, no I haven't forgotten, that lobata is Pretty

Elizabeth
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 1, 2012
1:39 PM

Post #9292520

well, I have a few things Blooming, I also have a lot dug up, my Roses are putting on a show, I hope the weather stays warm
for another week

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 1, 2012
10:05 PM

Post #9293177

pretty pretty!
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 3, 2012
9:27 AM

Post #9294691

Debra
I am steady digging, Saturday, the Brugs, will all be in the Basement, so I am hoping, that all the Blooms open before then, anyway
the night time temps, are starting to drop, Thank you for the nice comment

Elizabeth
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 3, 2012
11:23 AM

Post #9294801

Elizabeth, if you need to cut back that Angels Exotic I would be interested in them. purchase, trade, sase ;-}
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 5, 2012
4:52 PM

Post #9296925

roxxanne
I will taking all my Brugs in soon, I'll see what it looks like after I take it up, do you have Charles Gramaldi, I am not sure if my spelling is correct
but I am looking for that one. here are some new Photo's, had to show my Mums

Elizabeth

roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 5, 2012
8:59 PM

Post #9297139

I have 3 Charles Grimaldi! I would be happy to get some cuttings for you!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 5, 2012
10:28 PM

Post #9297186

beautiful, elizaeth. I have been sick, and your mg tree is sitting here looking at your beautiful brug blooms.
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 6, 2012
8:42 AM

Post #9297424

Debra
I will sending out your Peach seeds & Prickly Pear , this Tuesday, I have a bunch of Buds, just waiting to open
I'll get photo's of all of them before taking them up, Monday night I think I might have to cover them with sheets
the Temps will be really dipping down low, then rebound Tuesday, I am sorry that you're sick, I hope you have a
speedy Recovery

Elizabeth
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 6, 2012
4:09 PM

Post #9297727

a few more Blooms, the temps have dropped a little, so I have been, taking some already potted up brugs, canna's & some houseplants to the basement
I really like & dislike this time of year, the GH is stuffed also, well here are some more photo's, I took while taking a break

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 6, 2012
7:31 PM

Post #9297916

all nice and green and very beautiful, Well Done! Son and hubby managed to get everything in to the basement and Garage today.

I set a bug fogger off in the garage, had already treated everything to go into the basement gardens... the huge banana now sits fuly inside the sunken sump pump well, since it doesn't ever get used. perfect fit, but a buggar to get out of garden, trollyed thru the house and down the 13 steps to the garden area.
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 7, 2012
9:05 AM

Post #9298460

Debra
I totally understand that, I had a helper yesterday, getting a lot of the potted up Brugs, to the basement, I still have a couple huge one's that I also
need help with, my SIL, as well as my DD will help this Thursday, I hate to see the yard without Brugs, but it's that time of year
I am so glad you had helpers

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 9, 2012
5:39 AM

Post #9300362

good morning, Elizabeth.. I am needing your address, can you send it to me via my regualr email addy?
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 9, 2012
8:08 AM

Post #9300493

Debra
will do

Elizabeth
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 9, 2012
4:50 PM

Post #9300952

here's what's Blooming right now, in the morning Santa Rosa will be in full Blooms, as well as Bon Bon plus a couple more
the fourth photo is Milk & Honey

Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 9, 2012
4:57 PM

Post #9300958

Here is what I have blooming... A puppy!!! Hello Elizabeth. I am Back. right now I have nothing blooming but one Xena with one bloom. Best bloomer I have had this year is Painted Lady and one called Serendipity. Have them in their pots in the shade. so they did very well. My camellia is blooming already. I think it is early but they are...
Dahlias are blooming.
Anyhow this will give you an idea. How are the kitties doing???
Love and miss you.
Charleen

Thumbnail by ridesredmule   Thumbnail by ridesredmule   Thumbnail by ridesredmule      

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 9, 2012
5:27 PM

Post #9300981

roxxanne
that would be great, I will be taking up, Angels Exotic this weekend, I will cut you a piece of it, in trade, for the CG, Dmail me your address
I will Dmail you mine. Monday should be good
Charleen
the Kitty's moved in with my DD, she just had to Sepi, she seems really happy there, both my DD's moved out, all there is here now, is DH & myself
I like having the whole house to ourselves, I like your puppy, it's good to have you back, Love & missed you also

Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 9, 2012
5:56 PM

Post #9301013

Thank you, Dear Elizabeth...
Charleen

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 9, 2012
9:02 PM

Post #9301175

hi charleen! beautiful blooms here..
hay where is Dee?
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 10, 2012
4:02 PM

Post #9301790

well Ladies, it was a full day, today, all my Brugs, are in the basement, I was really Lucky, to have my DD & SIL to help me out, now I have to get
some more soil, to finish potting them up, next year, I will really try to make them standards, the Bushes take up to much room.
now my yard has the Dessert look

Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 11, 2012
6:03 AM

Post #9302202

Debbie, we don't know. Wish I did.
My white ginger has shot up a bloom. It is about time to bring them in. By the end of the month, we will be bringing them in...

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 11, 2012
3:57 PM

Post #9302619

Charleen
I just sent you a Dmail

Hugs
Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 11, 2012
10:23 PM

Post #9302860

love that bloom, I have grown so many gingers from seed and not one bloom. I gave a costa to my sis in law and she got it to bloom, go figure.
Front and back sure looks bare with out the plant jewelry.
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 12, 2012
9:35 AM

Post #9303138

Well I just got rid of one of my White Brugs, Good thing, I had way to many Whites, I gave it to a sweet Lady, that works at Lowes, she couldn't get
over the Scent from the one's Blooming in the basement, as soon as I get them all potted up, I will take Photo's of my Basement GH.
Have a Great Day

Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 12, 2012
9:39 AM

Post #9303141

Misty Pink is blooming.

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 12, 2012
10:13 AM

Post #9303171

Charleen
very Pretty, I bet it has a Great Scent

Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 12, 2012
3:26 PM

Post #9303424

Got this note From Dee's Daughter...
Beth McGinness Like

I am her middle daughter Beth and I'm sorry to have to say but we lost mom on August 30th to a massive heart attack. I don't know if you all knew she was fighting breast cancer and was on her 3rd round of chemo. I think the medicine was just to much for her heart. :0(
Mom was only 58 yrs old. I'm sorry I know she loved gardening and she love her garden sights I wish I had gotten a green thumb like my mom had. She could make anything grow. Flowers brought her so much joy. heart thank you for caring about her. Tell everyone to remember her fondly and think about her when the flowers bloom. She will be your angel now as well as ours
I am so sorry for the loss of a dear Plant friend.
We miss you and Love you Dee...♥♥♥
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 12, 2012
3:51 PM

Post #9303435

Yes we do, it's a Great Loss, of a Dear Friend

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 12, 2012
5:30 PM

Post #9303492

scuse me while I cry.. I really wanted Dee to see the things she sent me. I guess she can see everything now..
sister called me, the cancer tumors are again building fluid and she now has a quarter lung capacity and her heart is full of fluid so they are going to drain it next week, i am frustrated because I can't go there to be with her..her fighting spirit is amazing, she says she will do anything to stay alive a little longer, and she isn't feeling any pain, just the suffocating part, and she says as long as she doesn't feel like she is dying, she will keep on doing what ever she can.. silly girl is working out in her yard tommorrow in the rain with her oxygen tank LOL

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 12, 2012
6:04 PM

Post #9303536

Tough Enough!!!!! All we can do is love each other while we can and LET each one KNOW it. So Now I'm saying I LOVE YOU MY GARDENING GIRLFRIENDS, WITH ALL MY HEART ♥
Yes, I'm yelling it from on top of my Computer, yelling to keep from Crying. Miss you Dee, We do love you still...
gardenpaw
Brownstown, IN

October 12, 2012
6:47 PM

Post #9303567

Im so sorry to hear about Dee`s passing she will be missed.
Sending thoughts and prayers to her family..

Karen

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 13, 2012
12:54 PM

Post #9304056

Have another Friend Alert, Needs prayes. Hope you don't mind Elizabeth but Doris is sick and in need of prayers...
kareoke

Name: Doris Klene

Charlene this is Doris's daughter she wants me to let you know she was taken to the emergency room last Monday She threw up a lot of blood and passed a lot of blood so far they are still doing tests. please ask her friends for prayers, Thanks.

Thank you my friends...
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 13, 2012
2:14 PM

Post #9304107

OH NO,not Doris, She & her Family, will be in my Prayers, that she's alright, keep us updated
Charleen, you can always post here, anything

Love & Hugs
Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 13, 2012
4:31 PM

Post #9304193

I will let you know. Thank you.
Hugs and blessings to all.
gardenpaw
Brownstown, IN

October 13, 2012
6:03 PM

Post #9304277

Doris will be in my prayers.
Thank you Charlene.

Hugs,
Karen

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 14, 2012
6:04 AM

Post #9304604

We got to stay in touch. Life is so fragile...
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 14, 2012
2:59 PM

Post #9305019

well I have been Busy in My Basement GH, here's what I got on sale, while shopping for marked down plants at Lowes
also some Brugs Blooming inside, also the potting Bench my Hubby built me

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 14, 2012
10:11 PM

Post #9305496

Praying for Doris, God Bless her.
Lovely potting bench I love love love it.
love the gorgeous brug blooms too!
busy outside all daytearing down and pulling up and all that stuff. planted a few new viburnums and crape myrtles, a white beauty berrry bush to go with the bright purple and some cuttings of the fragrant white passion vine I found out in the country, I put them at the base of both arbors, along with the native purple passion vine.My night blooming jasmine and the night blooming jessimine are making the otherwise smelly basement really nice to smell now. LOL .
I have a new cross of four o clock, waited all summer to see if it took.. so proud of it..
the yellow rose and the dahlias are going bonkers right now..

Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 15, 2012
8:14 AM

Post #9305788

Ms. Doris is home. They sent her home yesterday. Was still tired. Believe it was caused by a cyst that had burst in her , so hopefully she will have no more problems...
Beautiful pictures girls. Love them. Nice potting bench, Elizabth.
Love and hugs
Charleen
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 15, 2012
9:12 AM

Post #9305883

Debra
Beautiful, I love all of them, I wish passion vine would grow here, I love that one
Charleen
Thank you, for an update on Doris, our Prayers was answered, so glad she's back home now
that potting Bench, really amazed me, all Hubby did, was see the photo in Country living Magazine, then he made it from the Photo
he can make all kinds of things, if he wanted to, if we can get passed, that round to it thing
Love & Hugs back at ya
Elizabeth
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 15, 2012
11:50 AM

Post #9306100

Elizabeth you know passiflora incarnata will grow in OH. I have a HUGE vine in my back yard. It dies to the ground in winter and then takes over it's spot in the summer. I even get a few fruits to eat. I can send you some if you want, but it does take over, you have to be sure you have a place for it.

Thumbnail by roxxanne   Thumbnail by roxxanne         

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 15, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #9306155

i will send you seeds of the white one too... it grows in the wild, smells heavenly and is loverly.. like rox said, they are hardy..

Thumbnail by joeswife

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 15, 2012
2:39 PM

Post #9306294

I have the purple passion vine. Lots of seed here if you want. They grow all over down here...
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 15, 2012
4:13 PM

Post #9306391

O.K Ladies, send them seeds, I have a fence on the other side of my yard, I would love to see that there, How Pretty is that, love the photo's plus Fruit
Great, I will have tomorrow of what I got today from Lowes, 3 huge aborvities for $5.00 each, Love the end of the Season Sales

Elizabeth
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 15, 2012
8:13 PM

Post #9306602

This was my vine last year. I'll get some out this week.

Thumbnail by roxxanne

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 15, 2012
9:09 PM

Post #9306649

seeds sent today, from work!
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 16, 2012
8:14 AM

Post #9306953

Ladies, Thank you for the seeds, I just got a bunch of Red Castor Bean seeds, if anyone wants some

Elizabeth
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 16, 2012

Post #9307288

here are more Blooms & the Aborities that I got for $5.00 each, they were $34.98 originally,

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 16, 2012
8:54 PM

Post #9307595

really pretty, elizabeth. I just had to strip mite infested leaves off most my brugs, poor kaitlyn is all blooms now and no leaf. I am going to set off another doom fogger and order some forbid. I HATE MITES. it is a highly effective mitacide, and now I am ready to spend the big bucks just to rid my whole yard and gardens of those things.
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 17, 2012
3:47 PM

Post #9308230

Debra
I can totally understand, that,I am trimming a lot of my Brugs, do you have Rosalla? it turned into a bush for, so I did major Surgery on it, I also have a Pretty Pink one
that I lost the Tag, it was the only one that Grew into a standard, I can fit about 6 in a Video mailer, if you're interested? I had to run back to Lowes yesterday, Roger
wanted one of those Huge Palms, so I called Deanna, she's one of the managers, to ask if I could buy it for $10.00 she said sure, so now it's in my Living room
will post pix later

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 17, 2012
10:08 PM

Post #9308553

sounds nice, I think I will wait until spring to try any cuttings.. I have terrible luck with cuttings over winter.. all the cuttings I took in august are already rooted for send outs, so that seems to work best for me..
I still do not have a yellow... I did have a jean pasco and and a CG, but sent them away last year for some reason..

what kind of palm?? king palm, parlor palm, qween palm, sago palm... LOL
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 18, 2012
9:11 AM

Post #9308857

Debra
This Kind of Palm, when you are ready for clippings, just let me know.

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 18, 2012
9:17 AM

Post #9308865

roxxanne
the clippings arrived, in Perfect condition, Please let me know when you get yours

Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 18, 2012
10:46 AM

Post #9308936

Very pretty. I have the small palms. that looks like a larger one.
These Morning glories are called "Hige" I hope to have seeds. Petals remind me of feathers...Very pretty bloom.
My Serendipity getting ready to bloom. Buds are forming and looking so nice. We are cooler and have been getting rain and they love that!!!
Hugs and Nuzzles
Charleen and critters

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 18, 2012
1:11 PM

Post #9309047

Charleen
just Beautiful, I have never seen any like that, I can't wait to see your Serendipity, we are getting colder also, I am so glad, my Brugs are in the House
BTW it's great to hear from you

Hugs
Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 18, 2012
4:30 PM

Post #9309167

Honey, I'll try to do better.
Love you all. I'll save you seeds, I'm hoping I'll have some...
Charleen

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 18, 2012
6:49 PM

Post #9309273

Higes are beautiful.. I grew several last year and years past.. this summer, tho... none of the seeds I planted came up.

Oh, I was just wondering about the palms, I do not grow them, but my DD does, she has inherited a very old collection from her great grandfather.
my red hige, red yarrow , yellow african marigold, and more

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 19, 2012
9:59 AM

Post #9309764

Debra
look at all your Beauty's, Love it, I went yesterday got Roger another Palm for the other side of the couch, it makes the living room look
very Tropical, poor guy, today I put him to work, putting insulation over the crawl space opening.
here is what else is Blooming.
Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 19, 2012

Post #9309850

Pretty, all of them...

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 19, 2012
4:49 PM

Post #9310027

i will take one of each please , LOL
and for desert.. hmmmm ( they look so good as eyecandy)
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 20, 2012
3:45 PM

Post #9310776

Debra
Thank you, I love to put some Blooms in a vase.

Charleen
Thank you

Elizabeth
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 22, 2012
1:13 PM

Post #9312371

Ladies, are any of you, as busy as I am right now? I have a couple things Blooming, I will post them later, have a Great Day
it's almost like Summer out today, I love it, I have Leaves to rake

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 22, 2012
6:20 PM

Post #9312610

I was outside all day on Sunday. got a weeks worth of work done ..
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 23, 2012
8:29 AM

Post #9313062

Debra
it sure makes a difference, when we can get things done, Today I have 2 large Evergreens, planted, also before the week is out, I have Figs
to plant.

Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 23, 2012
11:56 AM

Post #9313246

Versa peach, girls.
this has 2 double blooms and 2 single blooms, amazing plant...

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 23, 2012
3:42 PM

Post #9313424

Charleen
that is so very Pretty, amazing is right, I have Birgit on the way, small one, so it will be next Summer before it's big
enough to Bloom, Brugs are amazing, I now have the Desert theme going on in my yard

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 23, 2012
9:57 PM

Post #9313699

nice, charleen!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 24, 2012
8:45 AM

Post #9313982

The Versa Peach I was showing, I got a close up of the double and the single, both are so beautiful...
I also have a white one, Noid, but a nice sized bloom. I have some of my brugs planted into old tires...
1. single VP
2. photo of VP
3. White noid
4. Brugs plant in tires
4. Double VP

Thumbnail by ridesredmule   Thumbnail by ridesredmule   Thumbnail by ridesredmule   Thumbnail by ridesredmule   Thumbnail by ridesredmule

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 24, 2012
5:39 PM

Post #9314452

Charleen
Just Beautiful, all of them, Talk about Recycling, Great idea, I am so Glad to see you have Blooms
I hope your nice weather continues. I love seeing your Photo's.
wait until you see my Desert Theme, you won't believe it's the same yard

hugs
Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 24, 2012
6:52 PM

Post #9314539

my yard is littered with yellow leaves.. everywhere. It looks so bare. question for charleen.. do CPs winter over outside?

I have yet to see my PV bloom. maybe next year. My thumb has lost it's greeness and turned dry, like the rest of this state..

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 25, 2012
9:51 AM

Post #9315054

Debra, what is a CP??? Sometimes I can't remember crap!!!! Must be today!!! Carnivorous plants??
They do down here girl but I don't know about Kansas. You could experiment. Leave one out side and bring some inside. for Backup in case it doesn't...
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 29, 2012
6:14 PM

Post #9319574

I have some more photo's of what's Blooming, also my timer, when I am really trying to get things done, it works, you done have to sit it forward in
the Spring or Back in the fall, which should be soon

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 29, 2012
10:39 PM

Post #9319772

very nice... my timers are all set as if the sun rises and sets across the yard east to west.. since all the plants in all the rooms are in the same direction, I thought it would make them happy. and, it does. a few off towards evening and then the last go off and they rest up. Pretty color on that brug there..

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 30, 2012
9:05 AM

Post #9320167

I went out and yesterday we got the potted brugs into little greenhouse. Brought some cuttings in and have them trimmed now. So no jungle look, too much but still have lots of plants inside.
Beautiful blooms.
Charleen
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 30, 2012
10:04 AM

Post #9320209

Charleen
Thank you, I just have the one Blooming now, I have a lot of Cuttings in water, I have a Aquarium Pump, to keep
the Clippings from rotting

Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 30, 2012
1:29 PM

Post #9320370

I still need to get some MOnster but haven't yet. It has been very windy and cold here. (cold to me)
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 30, 2012
3:15 PM

Post #9320453

Charleen
Girl, you wouldn't like our weather at all, when it's 45 degrees, it feels warm if the sun is out, but windy & cloudy it's cold
it looks like we will have a warm up this weekend, it's a good thing, I still have some plants that need to go in the ground
some hens & chicks, I am doing a rock garden. I'll post Pic's as soon as I get it done, have a great Evening, stay warm

Hugs
Elizabeth
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 30, 2012
4:35 PM

Post #9320521

Elizabeth, I just got some bulbs today, do you think it's too late to plant?

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 30, 2012
6:01 PM

Post #9320568

I am planting bulbs until Thanksgiving ,Roxanne..
got up to 71 here today, almost summer! LOL

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 31, 2012
6:48 AM

Post #9320966

Think of October as Bulb planting month. When I live in Missouri, I loved planting bulbs on my Birthday (Oct. 1) Had a day off so that is how I spent it.
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

October 31, 2012
9:22 AM

Post #9321106

Everyone is correct about the Bulbs, as long as the ground isn't frozen, you can plant Bulbs
Debra, I know you're still Busy, as all of us are, I have a Love Hate relationship with this weather, I love the Color's of the Leaves
Turning, but the Cold, I sure don't like that.
Charleen, are you still having nice weather? my oldest GS Lives in Ga.

Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 31, 2012
10:38 AM

Post #9321176

It isn't bad, Elizabeth. The wind has finally slowed down a bit. Been 4 days of windy weather. Made the cool temps feel even cooler...
The leaves down here have been beautiful too.
Charleen
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 31, 2012
1:04 PM

Post #9321260

Thanks everyone!
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

November 1, 2012
3:59 PM

Post #9322221

Charleen
I hope you had a really nice day, today, it wasn't bad weather wise, here, I know it was warmer there, going on a road trip
tomorrow, to visit a Friend, I always look forward to that, she's more like a little Sister, than just a Friend, I'll check back in
when I am Home, Have a Great Evening.

Elizabeth

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

November 1, 2012
5:27 PM

Post #9322268

take care, Elizabth we will wait anxiously for your return

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 2, 2012
10:23 AM

Post #9322815

Great, Elizabeth, you enjoy your visit.
Hugs Debra.
charleen
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

November 5, 2012
7:30 AM

Post #9325210

Good Morning
I had a Great time, visiting, as always, I love to go Visit, we exchanged Christmas Gifts, I always like to have everyone
Taken care Before Thanksgiving, so I have $ to shop on Black Friday.
anyway, I got back home, then went to the Breeder's Cup on Saturday, I won on the last Race, so it was a
Great Weekend. have a Great Day

Hugs
Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 5, 2012

Post #9325463

Blooming in greenhouse
Blooming in house
Strawberries and cream with seed pods.
Still out in yard Monster and One of Geo. Hilders Brugs. Can't remember name. It for his Grand daughter, Autumn's Glow may be it!

Thumbnail by ridesredmule   Thumbnail by ridesredmule   Thumbnail by ridesredmule   Thumbnail by ridesredmule   

gardenpaw
Brownstown, IN

November 5, 2012
7:47 PM

Post #9325705

Nice pictures Charlene, love the yellow blooming brug it`s such a pretty color!

Karen

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

November 5, 2012
8:06 PM

Post #9325721

beautiful, char.
Elizabeth, so glad you had a great time!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 6, 2012
8:08 AM

Post #9326024

Thank you all.
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

November 8, 2012
1:30 PM

Post #9328115

Charleen
that is a Beautiful sight, esp. the yellow one
Karen
Good to see you
Debra
Thank you
is everyone else, working in the Yard while it's Beautiful out? I have almost got all the Leaves up, I bag them
up, then use them for insulation against the foundation of the Kitchen, well have a Great Evening

Elizabeth
scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 10, 2012
2:57 AM

Post #9329449

I still haven't taken cuttings of my brugs, no frost yet. Any tips for how to do? And how to store cuttings, d I go ahead and pot them?

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2012
6:12 AM

Post #9329517

A good sharp pair of shear. I also keep the large lopers. those Brugs are tough...
The rest I'll let Elizabeth tell you about.
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

November 10, 2012
8:06 AM

Post #9329608

Judy
I am now using a carpet knife, to take all the Leaves off my Brugs, after you cut your clippings, you can keep them in a 5 gal. Bucket
using an air stone, to keep the water from smelling bad, you'll be surprized how quickly they root, with oxygen in the water
also you want to change water at least once a week
Hi Charleen

Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2012
10:43 AM

Post #9329699

I knew you'd be here. How are you doing Elizabeth???
Hugs and nuzzles...
Charleen and critters
Serendipity blooming in house. Awwwww!! it smelled so good!!!

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

November 12, 2012
9:08 AM

Post #9331112

Charleen
I am doing Great, Thank you for asking, I am so glad to see Serendipity Blooming for you, my Thanksgiving Cactus,are Blooming
will post Photo's later, Hugs & Nuzzles Back at ya.
it is Raining today, so I can't go outside, I wanted to show you what my Winter Theme looks like, it's quiet a bit different, also I got another
Fountain, while it was marked down of course, my DD set it up

Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 12, 2012
12:59 PM

Post #9331315

I know it is beautiful. I love fountains. Just finished filling mine and it started raining. I am so very happy with the rain...
Looking forward to you pictures...
Charleen

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

November 15, 2012
4:35 PM

Post #9334190

me too! love the blooms, Char
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

November 23, 2012
8:41 AM

Post #9340502

I hope everyone, had a Great Thanksgiving, I loved having my Girls & the Grands here, but I am glad all the cleanup is done
now back to getting the House, Ready for Christmas, I did go Black Friday shopping, got some really good Deals

Elizabeth
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

December 4, 2012
2:03 PM

Post #9349761

these Tree's aren't Brugs, but it goes with the Season, I hope everyone enjoys them, my GK's will love them, when they come over

Elizabeth

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

December 4, 2012
2:06 PM

Post #9349766

another one

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

December 4, 2012
2:08 PM

Post #9349770

I found a good use for my enclosed back porch

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 5, 2012
3:55 PM

Post #9350758

All beautiful!!!!!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 5, 2012
7:29 PM

Post #9350932

I agree. I lost Maya, the big tree somehow.. it rotted at the root ball.. I am so sad.. I thought wow, this is a bad omen, well.. it was. sister is not doing well, I am afraid.
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

December 6, 2012
12:56 PM

Post #9351453

Thank you Ladies
Debra, I am so sorry to hear that your Sister isn't doing well. in the Spring, I might be able to find you a Maya, I have had several that for
some reason or other, I have lost them, but P&C, does really well for me.
do you have P&C? I have some cuttings of that one rooting, if you would like that one in the Spring

Charleen
it's good to hear from you. I hope your Brugs are doing well

Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 6, 2012
1:22 PM

Post #9351511

No blooms inhere but some in little greenhouse.
Poor Debra, Prayers, girlfriend...
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

December 16, 2012
6:58 AM

Post #9359701

Isabella is blooming in the basement

Thumbnail by roxxanne

plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

December 18, 2012
3:00 PM

Post #9361692

roxxanne
looking good, I am glad to see something Blooming

Elizabeth
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

December 20, 2012
3:21 PM

Post #9363301

I want to Wish all my DG, Friends a very Merry Christmas & a very Happy New Year, I hope it's the Best ever

Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 24, 2012
5:57 AM

Post #9365910

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY GARDENING FRIENDS!!!!!!!!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2013
11:10 PM

Post #9393246

miss you guys.. hope you are all fairing well on this winter night.. er.. morning
plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

January 22, 2013
1:56 PM

Post #9393908

Debra
I miss you guys, also, right now it's so cold out, I had my better half, put the garbage cans back in place for me
I hope you're staying warm

Elizabeth

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 22, 2013
2:05 PM

Post #9393919

Cold here too but I know not as cold as you all have. Love and hugs to you both...
Charleen
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

January 22, 2013
3:45 PM

Post #9394001

I miss you all and the beautiful spring thru fall floral blooms that we all love.

Sheri

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 23, 2013
7:05 AM

Post #9394564

Spirt horse
Camellia
Pig
Squirrel sniffin daisy
Unicorn

28* want to see what I've been making? got to keep busy and this is better than housework...

BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2013
12:34 PM

Post #9394992

Beautiful and cute too. What are you using to form these crotters?

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 23, 2013
1:17 PM

Post #9395018

Polymer clay...
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2013
6:14 PM

Post #9395368

you do great work

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 23, 2013
8:25 PM

Post #9395538

I love the camelia.. is it polimar also? can u make a morning glory?
it went from 10 to 53 and back down to 29 and still falling in 24 hours. poor things think it is time to wake up. I am wintersowing in between work and family.
no rain or snow here to speak of, supposed to get a little rain this weekend, prolly will be a 100th of an inch as usual.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 24, 2013
6:39 AM

Post #9395791

NO, the camellia is real. What color morning glory??? I can always give it a try...I made a passion vine bloom, so MG ought to be easy...

Thumbnail by ridesredmule   Thumbnail by ridesredmule   Thumbnail by ridesredmule      

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 24, 2013
8:19 PM

Post #9396812

you do such great work. So cold today.. how about this mg for a start?

Thumbnail by joeswife

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Brugmansias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
it you take cuttings from a blooming plant.. arlene 52 Dec 21, 2010 12:39 PM
Great Brugmansia hybrids fast Brugmansia 24 Jul 8, 2013 12:49 AM
How Many Other Canadian Brug Lovers Are Here? Ladybug 30 Aug 7, 2010 8:24 PM
Labeled Parts - 2nd try poppysue 15 Jan 8, 2010 2:19 PM
parentage monika 80 Nov 14, 2011 6:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America