Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Passifloras: So, where is everyone?

Communities > Forums > Passifloras
bookmark
Forum: PassiflorasReplies: 8, Views: 84
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

March 3, 2012
4:59 AM

Post #9027932

Scanning all the new catalogs I presume.

Anyone planning on expanding they're passie collection this year? Whats on your wish list? I think I want a Raspberry Strudel this year. I might try to see if Cincinnata will survive here in the ground too.
I spent alot on cuttings last fall and none of them worked out. My new greenhouse wasn't done in time, although I'm not sure that would have made a difference.
Out of all the seeds I bought from Where the Wild Things Grow, only a few Edulis grew, and I lost them over winter. They always have things you don't see everywhere, but they are off my list of reliable sources.
Can't wait to see what Mr. Hawkins has to offer on Ebay.
What are your other obsessions? I also have epies, brugs and cannas and I think I going to get a few more types of banana this year. I'd love to be able to collect palms but I don't have a conservatory (yet).
What else is everyone thinking about?

Thumbnail by roxxanne
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

March 9, 2012
12:55 PM

Post #9035979

You just need to move to Fl where you can grow all that. Everything here has come to life and getting going Gail has bloomed all winter long held up to 20's real trooper. My Quad has been growing in my kitchen window all winter time to take it out. Queens wreath has already flowered as the cross vine. Temptation X Temptation has already getting eaten by the caterpillars

This message was edited Mar 9, 2012 3:57 PM

Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants   Thumbnail by Danasplants
Click an image for an enlarged view.

roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

March 11, 2012
6:56 AM

Post #9037833

Thank goodness! I thought everyone was gone!

Yeah Dana, I need to move somewhere! Fla maybe, CA definately! Someday for sure, I don't want to die in PA, the changing of seasons does nothing for me.

Have any pics of your Gail? My Temp x Temp has been green all winter in my garage and then in my new greenhouse. It still has a fruit on it that I hand pollinated with incarnata. I've left it alone but I think when the weather changed and I put it in the garage it just stopped maturing.
I've lost a few plants that I bought in the fall so I'll have to be replacing them soon. I want to really expand my collection this year.
What are the last two pics in your message?
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

March 11, 2012
10:59 AM

Post #9038133

Purple is Queens wreath and last is cross vine they are pretty cold hardy there's lost of new ones not to many catch my eye though

Thumbnail by Danasplants

roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

March 11, 2012
6:44 PM

Post #9038706

OOOOOO, that Gail is gorgeous! It's on my list!
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

March 14, 2012
7:24 PM

Post #9043117

Today shes enigizer bunny

Thumbnail by Danasplants

roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2012
8:41 PM

Post #9043197

That's really nice! Any seeds?
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

March 15, 2012
8:10 PM

Post #9044439

No hundreds of flowers and not one seed pod
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

March 16, 2012
4:27 AM

Post #9044616

Must need pollen from another passie.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Passifloras Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Is anyone having trouble keeping up with name tags? Tropicman 16 Jul 24, 2007 5:43 AM
Am I blue? Ginger_H 6 Aug 16, 2008 6:19 PM
First passiflora bloom PudgyMudpies 14 Feb 7, 2008 2:28 PM
Pics of your passies, please? AuntB 250 Jul 24, 2007 11:20 AM
Passiflora Amethystina gordo 14 Apr 6, 2007 10:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America