Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gloria125
Greensboro, AL

March 3, 2012
11:18 AM

Post #9028354

Hi Melody. I named my place Rabbit Hill because of the little fury creatures in spring that I have to watch for when Im mowing. I have always had rabbits. I would never eat one. But as we all know rabbit poop makes great gardens. And rabbits always seem to be so philosophical to me. I always think of Watership Down -- another great rabbit story.

Thanks for the article. I never knew Rabbit Hill was actually a children's book.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

March 3, 2012
8:57 PM

Post #9029006

I did know it was- I had found it and read it with one of my kids. I was so drawn in by the Rabbits' story.
Thanks for highlighting a true classic.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 4, 2012
5:30 AM

Post #9029150

Thank you all so much! It was such a special book.

I've read Watership Down and I believe it is more of an adult book...and loved it too.

nutsfordaylily

nutsfordaylily
Halifax, MA
(Zone 6a)

March 5, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #9030462

I, too, loved Rabbit Hill. I don't remember how old I was when I first read it. Maybe in my teens or early 20's. I got it from the library, also. Then I read it again maybe 10 or so years ago, and will probably read it again at some point.

I loved Watership Down, also, but it's a much darker story, definitely for adults, and a lot more involved. I also really liked the animated movie that was based on the book. I also loved The Plague Dogs, another by Richard Adams, about 2 dogs who escape from a laboratory.

Another book that comes to mind, written for children, but a little bit dark, was Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH. I was totally fascinated by that story.

Karen

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Dave's Garden Book Review: Rabbit Hill Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Delightful Elena 3 Mar 6, 2012 5:16 AM
All areas sonya24 1 Mar 18, 2012 5:55 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America