Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Dave's Garden Book Review: Rabbit Hill: Rabbit Hill

Communities > Forums > Article: Dave's Garden Book Review: Rabbit Hill
bookmark
Forum: Article: Dave's Garden Book Review: Rabbit HillReplies: 3, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gloria125
Greensboro, AL

March 3, 2012
11:18 AM

Post #9028354

Hi Melody. I named my place Rabbit Hill because of the little fury creatures in spring that I have to watch for when Im mowing. I have always had rabbits. I would never eat one. But as we all know rabbit poop makes great gardens. And rabbits always seem to be so philosophical to me. I always think of Watership Down -- another great rabbit story.

Thanks for the article. I never knew Rabbit Hill was actually a children's book.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

March 3, 2012
8:57 PM

Post #9029006

I did know it was- I had found it and read it with one of my kids. I was so drawn in by the Rabbits' story.
Thanks for highlighting a true classic.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 4, 2012
5:30 AM

Post #9029150

Thank you all so much! It was such a special book.

I've read Watership Down and I believe it is more of an adult book...and loved it too.

nutsfordaylily

nutsfordaylily
Halifax, MA
(Zone 6a)

March 5, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #9030462

I, too, loved Rabbit Hill. I don't remember how old I was when I first read it. Maybe in my teens or early 20's. I got it from the library, also. Then I read it again maybe 10 or so years ago, and will probably read it again at some point.

I loved Watership Down, also, but it's a much darker story, definitely for adults, and a lot more involved. I also really liked the animated movie that was based on the book. I also loved The Plague Dogs, another by Richard Adams, about 2 dogs who escape from a laboratory.

Another book that comes to mind, written for children, but a little bit dark, was Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH. I was totally fascinated by that story.

Karen

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Dave's Garden Book Review: Rabbit Hill Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Delightful Elena 3 Mar 6, 2012 5:16 AM
All areas sonya24 1 Mar 18, 2012 5:55 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America