Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: Birthday Club Cards For March 2012

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 193, Views: 889
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2012
2:03 PM

Post #9028521

Birthday girl this month is Crystal on March 21. Let's get those cards ready to go!!

Current Members:

Rouxcrew (Joy) Jan. 15
Irisluvr0252 (Debbie) Feb. 25
ClanCampbell (Chris) Feb.28
Goldhillal (Crystal) March 21
Carolyn22 (Carolyn) April 3
AmandaEsq (Amanda) April 6
FruitoftheVine- (Susan) April 9
Crit (Patti) May 10
Mud_Elf (Kris) May 10
taters55 (LK) June 13
GAgirl1066 (Paula) Sept. 1
Ridesredmule (Charlene) Oct. 1
Rvnsbrk - (Juanita) Oct 9
GardenQuail (Michelle) Oct. 28
Dahtzu (Faye) December 25
Hope43 (Hope) Dec. 28

This message was edited Mar 10, 2012 7:44 AM

This message was edited Mar 28, 2012 1:17 PM

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Click the image for an enlarged view.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 3, 2012
3:12 PM

Post #9028584

Thanks for the new room!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2012
4:24 PM

Post #9028681

Ya'll all 'watch over me' and keep me in line 0:)

Ooh, Crystal, your B-day is next. Just curious to know if March 21st is still the sign Pices or if you're an Aries?

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 3, 2012
4:32 PM

Post #9028699

I need controlling too.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 3, 2012
5:37 PM

Post #9028787

.??? Why need controlling???
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2012
5:41 PM

Post #9028795

Yes A. and FOTV ... you two DO NEED controling! HA HA HA HA HA

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 3, 2012
5:48 PM

Post #9028802

I'm one of those invasive species, give an inch, take a mile, runs rampant - that's my favorite descriptive. :D

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 3, 2012
6:02 PM

Post #9028826

A,, come stay with me for a week or so!,, you can run rampant with a spade and shovel.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2012
7:19 PM

Post #9028900

If you were a weed, Manda, I'd have to keep you.

II'll probably never finish pulling the Winter weeds, and before long will have yards of mulch that needs to be spread.

I caved yesterday and bought a few packs of Cannas rhizomes. Those and Dahlias, that I haven't ordered yet, are hubby's fav's. If I don't put both of them in pots, I'm going to be a digging fool next Fall.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 3, 2012
7:44 PM

Post #9028932

I want her,,,you cannot have her!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2012
8:19 PM

Post #9028974

Wouldn't her gorgeous locks be beautiful on your next Mermaid?

I've gabbed enough tonight and am going to bed.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 3, 2012
8:37 PM

Post #9028992

Yup,, she is just purdy!!!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

March 4, 2012
11:57 AM

Post #9029633

holding my spot... nothing really to tell.. well, other than that in 12 days I'll be sitting on a beach in Cozumel with my son and his family LOL!

Here's the beach where you'll find me ^_^

Now going to hide in the corner! :)

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 4, 2012
1:22 PM

Post #9029701

Oh Chris.. you sweet thing! Enjoy. I guess I'm getting old, but you couldn't pay me enough money to go to Mexico. I don't care how safe they say the tourist areas are. Not happening. :0) Don't drink the water. :0)))))))).
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 4, 2012
2:02 PM

Post #9029745

Have a fabulous time, Chris. Drink Tequila instead.
marie_kap
Williamstown, NJ
(Zone 6b)

March 4, 2012
2:47 PM

Post #9029786

Things have really changed there. As long as you stay at the resort, or go into town with a group you are fine. Never , ever go alone, Even they will tell a tourist not to. The water is filtered now so that is not a problem. Have fun it is beautiful.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 4, 2012
4:22 PM

Post #9029884

Have fun Chris!!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

March 4, 2012
5:03 PM

Post #9029950

I don't think Cozumel is as bad as the mainland..and Shawn has gone there every year for the last few years, so he's familiar with it. But yes, we'll pretty well stay at the resort..and I'll take a million pics ^_^

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 5, 2012
7:09 AM

Post #9030565

Have a margarita for me Chris!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 5, 2012
8:12 AM

Post #9030635

Chris I'm so happy you'll get to get away to the sun and sand. Jealousy is not a good quality in a friend, but you won't mind me saying I'll be green. :D

Elfie and Sooz - you make me smile. Thank you ladies - see - here's an example of how/why I need controlling:

Court was sitting in the car waiting for me while I fed my friend the goat around the corner. We were heading to Stuart to bury Sally at the family plot, so it was a sad day already. I was sweeping the grounds around Billy's shed as I do every day but sort of furiously because I was in a hurry. The handle on the broom snapped while I was sweeping. It was metal - tin or aluminium? It was not a clean break. Who cares?! The punch line is that that round metal open jagged pipe went into the butt of my hand/heel and punched a hole there with a nice flap of skin attached and dark red blood started pouring out of it. :D

-sigh-

I'll live I think

I haven't opened up my bandage since yesterday. We just came home and put a giant curad on my palm with antibiotics - doctors are for girls - and even Court said he didn't know what to do. Think initially he thought he could cut off that flap of skin unh uhhhh!!! :/

I figured it would dry up and fall away eventually, but you know it's just another damned reason for me to be laid up and not use my right hand again. blah.

so thanks for the smiles. It's very windy and chilly out there today. I'm glad the snow missed us. I will stop now because it's sort of awkward/painful to type for some reason.

Loveya all!!!

A.

p.s. Sally rests now so my broken heart can scab over again too . . ..
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2012
9:28 AM

Post #9030757

A., you poor thing. You need to become left handed. You have done enough damage to the right one. Kind of like me with this bum finger. UGH

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 5, 2012
10:30 AM

Post #9030837

Patti - maybe I should post a picture like you did. :P

A.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 5, 2012
11:38 AM

Post #9030926

Amanda, make sure that wound is cleaned out good, and keep an eye on it. If it is a large wound, you may want to see the DR.? Sometimes they will use super glue to close it.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2012
1:17 PM

Post #9031055

YA A. That's a great idea! ^_^
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2012
1:19 PM

Post #9031060

Yuck, both on the injury and pic.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2012
1:24 PM

Post #9031069

I FOUND THEM, I FOUND THEM!!!!! Yippeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have to go outside as it is a beautiful day, but at least now I know WHERE the cards are and can get them done. WHEW!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 5, 2012
3:05 PM

Post #9031240

hmmm. super glue i have been hearing a lot about. can't one just DIY?

court is going to open up my dressing tonight and look at it. i can't bear to do it. forced myself to nap all afternoon with the giant puppy crawling up and down on me on the love seat. not very restful. hee.

going to see the goat now. he will have to learn to crap in a pile. seeyou later.

A.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 5, 2012
3:12 PM

Post #9031253

Yes, you can DIY! I have know several people that super glue a wound shut, don't pick at it, for a few days, and it will heal. You have to glue it while it is a fresh wound, or it will not heal as good.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2012
6:05 PM

Post #9031515

Hubby had a nasty open wound about 1/2" deep on his shin years ago from a stupid man trick taking down a ceiling. We went to the dr the next morning and all he did was tell us to keep the wound clean and slapped a big baidaid on it over cortizone creme. I washed the wound several days with hydrogen peroxide and kept clean bandages on it. Never had to have stitches and it healed nicely, but he still has a horrible scar maybe 4" long, which he would have had any way.

Edited to ask: How deep is your wound, Manda?

This message was edited Mar 5, 2012 9:26 PM

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 5, 2012
6:08 PM

Post #9031519

We opened it up and it looks like I got that piece of skin to stay where it was supposed to. It is a fairly deep cut, but I think it will heal right in place. I just have to keep from using it, and as you all know this year it has not been a problem for me. I was just getting used to being able to "do" finally, and now I have to remember to "don't" again for a while.

This particular hand injury is worse than the last one, but hopefully it will heal up a lot faster.

We dressed it up nicely and I'm optimistic that It'll be better by the time I get married. ha ha - my old Nana/babysitter used to say that. She was born in 1901 and had some sweet sayings. :)

A.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 5, 2012
6:10 PM

Post #9031522

Froot - on Monty Python they would call it a "mere flesh wound". I can't say with any degree of accuracy but that flap of skin is pretty thick. More skin there than court was willing to cut off and he has had EMT training so . . ...

Thanks for asking. I'm sure it'll be fine.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2012
6:22 PM

Post #9031542

Darn, you just can't catch a break! What do you mean by the butt of your hand? Is it the fattest part near your thumb?

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 5, 2012
7:59 PM

Post #9031643

Froot yes that part, but more near the middle and opposite the thumb.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2012
8:20 PM

Post #9031659

Well, you lost me unless the cut is somewhere in the flesh between your middle and ring fingers. And I don't want to see a gory pic!

Max is driving me nutz and as soon as I can catch him, he's going in the garage for the night. One minute he's so happy lounging on his bed on my desk stretching his paws out on the paper of my printer, and the next minute he's getting into all kinds of trouble. Round-Up, his sis and the runt of the litter, is Prego. She's always been a little girl and her belly is tight as a drum, growing a little more each day.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 5, 2012
8:27 PM

Post #9031667

How can you get lost?

The wrist line, then the fleshy part of your hand between the palm and the wrist is what I call the heel. It extends from the base of the thumb to the opposite side. The injury was in the middle of this fleshy part, more to the pinky side. If you look at your hand there are creases that run down thru there - a palm reader knows what it is - I wrote that then had to go find a picture of a palm with lines on it. I don't like what it tells me.

This is where the life line intersects with the health and fate lines. :/

GAH!

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 6, 2012
4:26 AM

Post #9031834

All I have to say to all this is OY! I think you need to come live with me for a while A. so I can take care of you and keep you out of trouble. Ha.. Like this old broad could keep up with you. In my dreams.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 6, 2012
2:30 PM

Post #9032446

Ray is back in the hospital with a 102 fever from another tube infection and probably has kidney stones. They won't know the results until tests are run later this week, and she also mentioned he will be on antibiotics longer than he was the last time. EMT's picked him up in the middle of the night. Faye has been there every minute and is spending tonight with Ray in his room, which was just assigned a little bit ago after being in the ER since 3:30 this morning. She asked all of us to please keep praying for them and sending good thoughts. Faye sounded good, even with all the stress she's under. As always, she sends her love.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 6, 2012
3:05 PM

Post #9032487

Thanks for the update Fruity! Sending lots of prayers!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 6, 2012
3:30 PM

Post #9032520

Thanks Sooz. That poor man. They really need a break now. Dang it...
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 7, 2012
12:59 AM

Post #9032914

Hi, all.
Neener, thanks for that description of your new orchid... Sounds lovely :)
Amanda, do take good care of your hand. Hope it heals nicely, and quickly!
Will be praying for Ray and Faye.
And, yay! Crit found her cards! Happy card sending :)
Hey, I have a whole week longer to get my card mailed to Crystal :) Was thinking her birthday was March 15, but it's the 21st :) Will be getting Crystal's card soon!
Michelle

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 7, 2012
3:37 AM

Post #9032949

Thanks, everybody for the well wishes on the hand. I'll probably screw it up if I jump in the car with my standard shift automobile to go and see Ray in the hospital, so I will just have to send my prayers to that sweet man. -sigh-

Court and I took the dressing off my hand last night. We both sat silent for several seconds before I said, "it looked better yesterday." He said, "I know." I figured out it's probably because he brought home a different brand of bandage.

When it happened we just happened to have a single Curad bandaid about 2"x3". The new ones are Band Aid brand. I think the adhesive on the Curad was cloth-like and allowed the wound to breathe. The bandaid brand is more plastickey (is that a word?) and seals it up tight. The damaged skin looked very white, like your fingers would after soaking for a long time. I remember seeing a commercial a long time ago probably by band aid brand showing that wounds healed faster/better and looked nicer without scars or less because of the moisture sealed in.

What do you guys think? On the one hand, what's another scar, but on the other hand, that's a big chunka meat! :/

A.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 7, 2012
5:43 AM

Post #9033044

Sounds like it needs some air? Did you put super glue on it!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

March 7, 2012
7:02 AM

Post #9033124

Hey Chris! This article was in my Horticulture that I get in my email all the time...I thought of you and your new pergola!

http://www.hortmag.com/weekly-tips/garden-design/plants-for-a-pergola?et_mid=542356&rid=2090193

Let me know if that link doesn't work and I'll try again!

Debbie
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 7, 2012
10:19 AM

Post #9033326

Manda I'm great believer in leaving things open to the air and sunshine. If you can keep it clean and stuck together that's the way I'd go. Bandages if they get wet are just places to harbor bacteria.

Lovely morning. Spent 1 1/2 hours at the Dr. for a 6 month check up. He was late and then there was the bloodwork. UGH! Good news is I guess I'll live another 6 months. :0) Pretty much shot my uption gumption for the day though after I went to the bank and grocery store. I really need to figure out a way to get more done after 1PM.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 7, 2012
1:03 PM

Post #9033487

Yes everybody after consultation I think I will leave the bandage off at night and dress it during the day to keep me from getting it filthy.

We have been taking off the bandage and re-dressing it every night. It looked like the cut area had settled properly back into the hole dug for it by the tin/aluminum broom handle (owee) so I think it will heal ok in place and not need a doctor to debride or remove the skin. Blah.

Okay well I have to do some paperwork. Just couldn't resist checking in. :D

xox
A.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 7, 2012
2:28 PM

Post #9033625

Time to 'Spring Forward' this week-end...whoo-hoo
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

March 7, 2012
3:36 PM

Post #9033712

Debbie, it did work, so thank you!! I really like the clematis idea..will have to see what (if anything) they have planted around it lol

Today was our home inspection and it went pretty well- there's a couple of things that we're going to have the seller fix before I move in- mainly to do with plumbing and electrical. The folks have moved out since the open house, so it was nice to see it empty-gave me a better idea of what I wanted to do with the furniture I'll be putting in there :)

In the front yard, I noticed something poking their head out of the ground- I think it was probably crocus :)
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 7, 2012
4:20 PM

Post #9033762

Manda you have had a tetanus shot recently eh??

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 7, 2012
8:00 PM

Post #9034075

Yes Neener, they made me do it to enroll in the grad program in the fall of 2009.

Hand looks good. I'm not worried. Will keep doing what I've been doing, er, trying to do less, actually. Maybe tomorrow I can keep myself from causing it to hurt at all.

G'night everybody!
A.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 7, 2012
8:19 PM

Post #9034098

What about wrapping your wound in loose gauze? It could still get air and would be somewhat protected while you do day-to-day chores. Knowing you, you have a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide to flush out the cut.

I had hoped you opted for a Home Inspection, Chris. It's good money spent and am glad the sellers are willing to correct the problems. Before long, you're going to be moving in. I'm thrilled you'll no longer have to climb stairs and be limited with the plants you can grow, and you'll be able to decorate inside and out as you please :)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 7, 2012
8:32 PM

Post #9034108

Froot - I'm just going to have to lay off tomorrow.

I have also decided that given the size of the hole and chunk of skin that sits nicely in there, that it looks good and I am going to keep the bandaid on over it for a couple of days. I think the longer I give it to try to mend itself before I let it start scabbing the more chance skin will mend back together/heal before dry scabby starts pulling at the space between chunk of skin and hole in hand.

I know this makes no sense, but I'm going to keep it clean dammit and try not to do it again any time soon.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 7, 2012
9:03 PM

Post #9034133

That's a good train of thought, Manda, but your wound still sound gross. Heel soon...and I meant for that to be a typo,

Hubby has a dr appt in the morning. We're stopping at a scrap yard for pieces of metal on the way home, hoping to get enough to repair my Dad's old bush hog. Fine by me, but I hate driving his F-250 truck.

Faye, we're all here for you, and hope Ray had a good day.

Nighty nite, all.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 8, 2012
3:33 PM

Post #9035013

Awfully quiet in here...

Talked to Faye his morning. Ray had showered and was sitting up reading the newspaper. His dr is going to administer antibiotics in the tube to hopefully get a quick hold on the infection, which is still a mystery until the test results are in.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 8, 2012
3:59 PM

Post #9035037

Well at least he is up and around a little. I feel so sorry for them both it makes me crazy. Never have I ever met two people so suited for each other and so much in love. Nicest couple I've met in a long time. Keep us posted Sooz...

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 8, 2012
4:15 PM

Post #9035052

Send them Ralphie and my best wishes Fruity please!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 8, 2012
7:39 PM

Post #9035259

Lots of love and prayers here too!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2012
4:49 AM

Post #9036582

Got your cards ready to mail for Crystal on March 21??

Cold morning here. Getting ready to head out tomorrow for a couple of days of R&R. Hopefully it will be enough to get my sorry butt in a better mood!

Figured I'd post one kitchen picture at a time since I don't have time to downsize them and they won't load otherwise.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2012
4:50 AM

Post #9036585

Another

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2012
4:52 AM

Post #9036586

Above the sink

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

March 10, 2012
4:57 AM

Post #9036588

Love it Neener!!!! Can't wait till I'm out that way and get to peek at it.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 10, 2012
6:36 AM

Post #9036726

Love the new kitchen!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2012
4:19 PM

Post #9037308

Thanks Joy. Having been here you can appreciate the upgrade. LOL!!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2012
4:25 PM

Post #9037318

It's beautiful, Neener. From the middle photo, it looks like you have lots more counter space on the right.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

March 11, 2012
8:35 PM

Post #9038866

Here you all are!! I lost you. Somehow and did not know a new page was started. i think the watch thread got unchecked. I thought maybe everyone had disbanded since I was not getting any notice of new posting, so just went back to the big list of forums and refound you all.
I say I am Aries, but I don't put any stock in signs except for entertainment.
Spring used to start on my birthday, but now it is changed so who knows. We had spring start back in January around here.
Amanda that was a deal with your hand. I ho hope it is mending now. sounds like something I would have happen to me.
I am sorry to hear about Ray. I hoped he was out of the woods. What actually caused his problem to start with. After I begin to read posts about them it was when he was in the hospital the last time.
Getting late, bout to become a pumpkin. Glad I found you all again!!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 13, 2012
1:21 PM

Post #9041339

Yeah Manda how is the hand?? :0)
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

March 13, 2012
2:48 PM

Post #9041452

Love your new kitchen Neener! We will be gutting our kitchen in the very near future and putting all new cabinets, counter tops and appliances in. I can't wait!

Hope your hand is better Amanda!

Keeping Faye and her DH in my thoughts and prayers!

edited for a typo!

This message was edited Mar 13, 2012 4:49 PM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 13, 2012
7:30 PM

Post #9041857

Beautiful kitchen Neener. Whenever we are able to do some updating, the kitchen is the chosen room. It doesn't have enough counter space for me, but since I loved the rest of the house I decided I could live with it for a while.

A., sounds like you are doing what I usually do with wounds. After cleaning and bandageing with Neosporin, I usually leave the dressing on for 24 hours. Then after that, I leave it uncovered at night so it
can 'breathe'. You will probably lose that hunk 'o meat that went back in the hole, but you could get lucky and it all attach.

Been enjoying this beautiful weather and playing outside. I still have seeds to get in the jiffy packs and my ws'ing (which is fruitless but at least they will start growning! lol) finished and been set outside.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 14, 2012
5:57 AM

Post #9042151

Hey Patti. :)

"what you usually do" makes you sound like a repeat offender. ;)

Is it the getting old thing? These freak accidents don't usually happen to me. But for about an hour a day, we have kept the wound covered, and it looks amazing. I think the whole thing is reattached and pink and healthy. Quite a sight compared to the giant white chunk of skin hanging loosely the first day!

Ha ha ha - I am such a jerk, describing this wound to you all. My dear Nana, when I told her about a boo-boo or she saw a fresh one on me would say that it gave her a chill in her bad leg. She was born in 1901 (!) and after she hurt her leg somehow they put a pin in her leg that kept it from bending. I don't know much more than that, but when she sat in her chair that leg would stick straight out and she would rotate the foot to keep the circulation going. Geez!

I guess this boo-boo will be gone "before I get married" (HA) also something she used to say to me. Little did she know . . ...

We have the makings of a pretty day here - blue sky 56 deg and forecast says 85 degree high. Oh - the world unfolds before me. I'd better get a move on.

xox
A.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 14, 2012
8:54 AM

Post #9042390

Raining here,, but Ralph has promised to take me to dinner and a movie tonight. So I am happy!!

7 more days till Crystals birthday!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 14, 2012
8:55 AM

Post #9042394

This weather here is really not right. Thanks for the comments on the kitchen. It was a trip getting it all together, but it is worth it.

Been out doign errands and now I am heading outside to rake leaves and do other fun chores that shouldn't have to happen for weeks yet. What have we done to the planet?? Seriously people this is not a good thing. Even if you are a happy camper in the warm weather. Think about agriculture. Fruit trees are budding. Not good. If we get a frost now it will ruin a lot of orchard folks and a lot of farmers. Not to mention if it is this hot now, what about July? What about rain? Sorry to be a negative Nellie, but once a farmer, always a farmer. :0)
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 14, 2012
8:56 AM

Post #9042395

Yep Elfie her card went out this morning!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 14, 2012
5:09 PM

Post #9042926

Ditto, Neener. Makes me wonder how bad the bugs are going to be too. Days this week in the 80's and nights in the 50's feels like May. I stocked up on large bags of potting soil yesterday and broke a sweat unloading it. Tomorrow we're supposed to be warmer than Miami.

Have a wonderful trip, Chris! Have a couple of those drinks for me that come with a cute umbrella.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 15, 2012
5:23 AM

Post #9043342

Yep, I got so hot working yesterday that I had to stop. I have never been right since I had that heat stroke a few years ago. Think my days of working outside are numbered. Maybe Manda and I can get a group disability deal. :0)
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

March 15, 2012
5:53 AM

Post #9043362

Record high of 82 here yesterday...upper 70's for today with thunderstorms later. My daffodils have exploded with blooms and it's still March!

Have a great trip Chris! Enjoy!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2012
6:05 AM

Post #9043382

You know what, Neener? That's not a bad idea. We could lobby the National Home Gardening Association and the American Horticulture folks. I think there are LOTS of us on DG that would qualify - and there's strength in numbers.

Look at AARP!!!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 15, 2012
6:34 AM

Post #9043437

AARP my butt... are you suggesting that I am old or something?! :0)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 15, 2012
6:44 AM

Post #9043457

How about...

Thumbnail by taters55   Thumbnail by taters55
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2012
7:20 AM

Post #9043505

ROFL.@.LK

I will join any group that will help me get better health care than I am getting now,,,sigh

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

March 15, 2012
8:38 AM

Post #9043603

Me too, I didn't need it when I had great coverage. Now my warranty's gone and I keep breaking.
Supposed to be in the 80's today, I'm in Austin trialing my dogs at the Star of TX Livestock Show and it is drizzling so the humidity is awful.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 15, 2012
9:47 AM

Post #9043703

Wishing you lots of Luck, Joy.
Love the little hamsters!!
Lost bloomers are good! ☺
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 15, 2012
9:59 AM

Post #9043717

Good Luck Joy. Didn't know you were having breakage issues too. :0)
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2012
1:52 PM

Post #9043930

LOL, Breaking issues, yep, some days I think I'm breaking in many pieces...mind first.
Love you all.
Faye
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 15, 2012
3:36 PM

Post #9044076

Faye you are entitled to lose your mind. No doubt about it.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 15, 2012
3:47 PM

Post #9044089

LOL...Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Joy, you go girl!

Just wait til you're almost 50, Manda, and AARP hunts you down.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

March 15, 2012
6:25 PM

Post #9044295

Woop! Crush won 2nd in the average today, International level. Lite, strangely,was all over the place and not listening. We will see what tomorrow will bring. I am going to be late with my March card, I go from Austin to Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Saturday, then everyone will be at teh farm on Sunday getting ready for our sheepdog trial next weekend. Then Monday the 26th, I head to Kansas to pick up two new Nubian babies. Will get to do a quick visit with Crit hopefully before I dash back to the house. Then I can take a breath. I will try and get the card out next week, but it just might not happen.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2012
6:49 PM

Post #9044333

You guys won't be surprised - I have been a member of AARP since about 1996. I volunteered thru AARP to work with the elderly and got matched up with a nice old lady when I was living in Boston.

Of course, when my Nana died, I didn't have the energy for that kind of volunteerism so I had to stop, but I have been on their mailing list for a long time. AND I have my lapel pin to prove it. :D

I don't get senior discounts though. Maybe I'm just an honorary member.

:P

A.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2012
8:09 PM

Post #9044437

Manda,,, Ralphie wants to know if he should send you some band-aids,, he has lots...

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2012
9:13 PM

Post #9044492

Hee hee - this made me smile.

Tell Ralphie I'll let him know when we run out. Court has been extra special and vigilant at maintaining the band aid supplies. :)

Good night dearie.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 16, 2012
5:21 AM

Post #9044652

Geez you all made me laugh this morning. Thanks for that!

Cloudy and cooler here today. That is wonderful since I will be working today. Maybe they won't have to scrape what's left of me off the grass at 2PM today. :0)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 16, 2012
7:15 AM

Post #9044767

Well I am headed to the Birthday Girls house right now..Will give her hugs from everyone!!!!.. See you all when I get back on Sunday!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 16, 2012
8:51 AM

Post #9044852

Have a great time Kris!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 16, 2012
2:04 PM

Post #9045182

You girls have a wonderful get-together!
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 16, 2012
6:23 PM

Post #9045468

Joy I'm still wishing I could have a day with you just so I could see how you get so much accomplished. I barely remember (soooooooo long ago) having that much energy. Today I realized that I'm even down a notch from last year. Worked so hard for what seemed eternity and got almost half as much done as just a few years ago. Old age is the pits!!! Thank you God for every day.
Kris I'm happy for you to get to meet Crystal. Hope you two have a great time together. Guess all of us could ask you to say hello and give hugs for us.
Charleen, thank you, thank you, thank you for the Bday gift. I went to Lowe's and got a special plant (special because it came from you)
Coral Cactus

Thumbnail by dahtzu   Thumbnail by dahtzu

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 16, 2012
7:20 PM

Post #9045577

That is one very cool looking gnarly cactus.

Wonder what Elfie and Crystal did tonight?

hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

March 16, 2012
11:37 PM

Post #9045720

had going to get it in mail but quite sore took another tumble today you know the saying fell flat on face , i did whole body.. knees bruised ,and wrist hurting worse now again never got set or fixed. right side, back sore. but I'm ok.

but get it mailed .. be well everyone many blessings.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

March 17, 2012
5:16 AM

Post #9045819

Got two cards yesterday! A handmade one from Neener and a funny one from kris. They are both on my refrigerator now. Kris was here only a short time, maybe an hour, maybe less, the time flew by. We talked every second of it. She was off to her other place to dig some plants and of course to see the grands. Remember we were going to exchange dahlias? Well, she remembered and I forgot. I remembered I was going to give her one just after she left. We had already arranged for her to come back by here on the way home to get another plant so I will give her the dahlia then also. I do not envy her moving all her plants and re-situating. Maybe the key is to enjoy the process and not concentrate on the end product so much.
I am getting vetch in my irises. Any suggestions to get rid of it other than some scorched earth tactic?
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 17, 2012
8:34 AM

Post #9045980

Crystal I'm a great proponent of hand weeding to get rid of things like vetch and chickweed etc. If you can just get it out of there really well, roots and all and keep after it for a season, chances are you can get it under control. It's a drag, but weeds get tired of getting pulled and eventually they give up. :0)

Faye I had one of those cacti a few years ago. I managed to kill it, so don't over water it. They are so cool looking when they are healthy!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 18, 2012
2:55 PM

Post #9047643

I am home!! Was great to see Crystal again.. I just love going into her greenhouses and it is fun to walk her yard and garden!! I am hoping for a longer visit next time!!

I did stop back by on my way home and gave her some lotus from my pond. Also stopped by Lowe's and bought us both some flowers,, The car was packed to over flowing. Gryphon and I dug up all of the hostas, all the daffodils, sedums, dusty miller, ferns, and much more,, I am hurting all over and will be headed to the shower soon to try to loosen up my back. It is screaming!!

I will have tons of plants for the two RU's I am going to so it will be fun!! Also came home to all my seeds sprouting!! I am a happy little Elf!!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

March 18, 2012
6:13 PM

Post #9047880

Been down with bronchitis the past few days. Its been gorgeous outside and I havent felt worth two cents! So glad we had most everything in good shape last fall!
Havent mailed my card yet but will try to get it mailed tomorrow!

This message was edited Mar 18, 2012 8:14 PM
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 19, 2012
12:15 AM

Post #9048175

Waving hello to everyone!
Getting Crystal's address so I can get her card in the mail :)
Will stop by again soon and get caught up on the news!
Michelle
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

March 19, 2012
1:41 AM

Post #9048190

Don't know how I managed to lose all of you. Must have clicked out somehow. You have all been busy! Mailing my card today.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 19, 2012
5:09 AM

Post #9048273

Carolyn I get lost all the time everywhere. I swear it didn't use to be like that. Ah.. the mysteries of cyberspace.

Just realized you are the next birthday up and it will be here soon too! I better get busy!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 19, 2012
2:38 PM

Post #9049121

Got your card in the mail today, Crystal.

Gosh this year is rocking right along. Can you believe tomorrow is the First Day of Spring?!

I bet you're livin' it up, Chris.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 19, 2012
2:41 PM

Post #9049127

Dylan Marley Grunow was greeted into Texas by his wonderful Grandma Linda Cartwright / Taters55

He weighs 10 pounds even, he is 21 and 3/4 inches long, and has Strawberry blond hair!!

Congrats to his new Family!!!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 19, 2012
3:08 PM

Post #9049165

Ooh, a new member in the B-day Club...lol

Happy Birthday, Dylan! Congrats LK to you and your Family.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

March 19, 2012
5:12 PM

Post #9049331

Oh, he is so sweet! Congrats to Linda and family. There is nothing like a new baby in the family.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

March 19, 2012
7:42 PM

Post #9049550

Got more cards today. One from Chris and one from Faye. Thanks . I am clipping them to a ribbon and hanging from the door.
Planted some morning glory plantlets today, as well as some hollyhock plants.
Did a bunch of weeding too. Plenty of weeds to go around!

Nothing sweeter than a baby.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

March 20, 2012
5:05 AM

Post #9049825

Uh-oh! Fruity, I can't find your address! I thought it would be in the address exchange, but was not.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 20, 2012
5:20 AM

Post #9049844

Crystal I'll send it to you. I forgot about that too. Anyone that needs it d mail me.
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

March 20, 2012
5:56 AM

Post #9049893

Crystal...I was really trying to get your card out on time but this bronchitis has kicked my butt! My card is going to be a little late but I will be thinking of you on your day!

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

March 20, 2012
6:18 PM

Post #9050699

Another card today. Thanks Twylee!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 20, 2012
10:42 PM

Post #9050944

Ladies I am delinquent. I guess the hole in my hand has distracted me more than I realized.

Neener, put another black mark next to my name.

I'll do better with the April birthdays, promise! :D

A.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 21, 2012
12:49 AM

Post #9050985

Hi, all.
Crystal, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Your card is on it's way. Was mailed Tuesday... didn't quite get to the post office Monday. It's signed by me and my guide dog :)
LK, congrats on the new arrival to your family :)
Michelle
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 21, 2012
4:16 AM

Post #9051068

No black marks today. Too tired to make them.

Happy Birthday Crystal!

Hope you have a fun day. I'm sure LK will be by later with your birthday cake. :0)

Neener

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

March 21, 2012
4:57 AM

Post #9051079

Taking hubby to get a root canal this AM. It is also our anniversary, besides birthday! Also have someone coming to see about building a new well house, and additionally hope to see my sister for an hour or so. Have not been up there (30 miles) since Sunday. She called early and sang me Happy Birthday and altho it was a very raspy song, I loved it. She has COPD and had almost no breath left when she finished.
A story I always loved was about a man who walked several days to the seashore to get a shell for his friend. When he gave it to the friend, the friend protested that he should not have walked such a long way to get the gift. The man replied that the journey was part of the gift. Sometimes when we get gifts that are not exactly right, we need to consider what the giver went through to get the gift. Many times it is a real struggle to select a gift that seems right and I always hope that the receiver will consider my struggle as part of the gift.
I am not really a preacher. This was just on my mind after my sister's song.
I have so much to be thankful for...

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 21, 2012
6:38 AM

Post #9051199

Happy Birthday Crystal!!
And Happy Anniversary too!!!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 21, 2012
7:29 AM

Post #9051275

What a sweet Sis you have, Crystal. Loved your shell story. Happy Anniversary and have a beautiful Birthday!

Gotta get off here and do something besides laundry, heading to the great outdoors now that the fog has lifted.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 21, 2012
4:32 PM

Post #9051887

Fog you say? It was so bad up here this morning that I thought I was driving in a blizzard white out. The humidity was fierce and I couldn't keep my glasses from fogging up while I was working. Glad to be finished for the week. Now I just have to get going around here. No rest for the weary.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

March 21, 2012
4:52 PM

Post #9051916

Crystal - Happy Birthday and and Happy Anniversary!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

March 21, 2012
6:31 PM

Post #9052047

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRYSTAL! Hope your day was fantabulous!

If you have read the "spring" thread, I've been dealing with water problems caused by the washer malfunction and ran over into the floor for about 8 hours...water water everywhere!

You will get a card from me...I'm right there with you Amanda!

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 21, 2012
7:16 PM

Post #9052126

The fog was so bad here, I could hardly see my neighbor's house across the road early this morning and forget about seeing the woods beyond our field. Neener, I don't envy you having to drive in it. You're working way too hard for somebody who's supposed to be retired!

After our rains yesterday afternoon, weeding the hosta bed under our cherry tree today was a breeze. I moved a bunch of houseplants outside on our deck that faces North so they can get used to being outside again. Now just watch, after being so warm, we'll probably have a frost and I'll have to slip them back inside again.

Still using hubby's laptop and am taking my tower to my computer guy next week to see if he thinks it's worth fixing. It's been a good one for nearly 10 years and really can't complain. I'm a musicholic and think an iPod wouldn't be bad to keep me motivated while I'm working, inside or out.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 22, 2012
4:39 AM

Post #9052401

Funny I've been moving some plants out a little at a time too. Trying to get the brugs out of the garage so I can move around out there. Forecast seems to be safe, so we'll see.

proud of you all for getting your cards in the mail. keep up the good work!

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 22, 2012
6:09 AM

Post #9052489

Good morning everyone and a little late Birthday wish for you Crystal. Hope your day was good and good things will continue for you.
I've been moving plants from the Sun Room to the Patio and like you, I'm thinking now we will have more frost. Oh well, if so, then I'll just have to move them back, gosh what a job that I don't want.
Nita, why do you work so hard? You know you deserve a long rest. And Susan, take it easy, don't get all your flower beds clean, wait for me. Not sure I'll ever finish mine. Going to spend most of this day at the Hospital. Have 2 friends who are in ICU and cause not known at this time.
Ray is doing good. Tube and PICC Line are out. He is still very weak but that's expected.
Love & Hugs.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

March 22, 2012
6:54 PM

Post #9053398

Two more cards today! Susan and Carolyn. Thank you so much.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

March 23, 2012
6:13 PM

Post #9054525

Got a braille card today from Michelle. Really neat!! Thanks!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 24, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #9054943

So glad that folks are sending their cards Crystal. It's fun to get snail mail again isn't it?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 24, 2012
7:01 AM

Post #9055001

Time to think about Amanda s card too. Hers is coming up fast!!!

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

March 24, 2012
7:54 AM

Post #9055045

Snail mail IS nice! And getting mail from REAL people is wonderful!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 24, 2012
9:48 AM

Post #9055189

Hello everyone! Crystal, I have your card here, and it will go out Monday, I just got back from San Antonio, and visiting my new Grandson!

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

March 24, 2012
4:47 PM

Post #9055631

We heard about him from Mud Elf. Sweet boy!

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

March 24, 2012
8:09 PM

Post #9055853

Got your card today, Charleen. Beautiful, and very thoughtful. Thanx!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 25, 2012
6:18 PM

Post #9056843

It seems like yesterday I just changed our calendars to a New Year. Can you believe it's almost April? You're next, Carolyn!

I don't get this crazy weather. Friday and yesterday were so hot and humid, and yesterday we were under tornado Warnings for several hours. Then the rains really set in and are still falling, just after I'd dumped 3-1/2" out of the rain guage last week. Early April showers? The news tonight showed several homes nearby that were damaged by golfball size hail. The siding looked bullet ridden and there were many shattered windows. Once more, that bullet thankfully missed us.

What a chilly rainy lazy Sunday, so mild I wouldn't have minded having a fire in the woodstove. Instead I closed the windows most of the way, put on a sweater and a pair of fuzzy socks, and wasted part of the afternoon half napping / half watching the race in CA that was also called due to rain.

We're all pulling for your Dad, {{{Paula}}}. Please give us an update when you can.

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

March 25, 2012
6:21 PM

Post #9056847

Paula

Please know your Dad and family are in my prayers.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 25, 2012
7:08 PM

Post #9056931

We had 5" of rain at my house last week. We really needed it and the runoff. Yard was soggy Friday and Saturday, but was not so bad today. 80's all this week with 20% chance of showers Tue-Fri.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 26, 2012
7:34 AM

Post #9057379

I must have missed something. What's up with Paula's Dad?? Freeze warning tonight. Knew I shouldna set out all those plants.
:(
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 26, 2012
3:04 PM

Post #9058070

Paula posted on the Spring chat thread that her Mom thought her dad had a heart attack Friday morning. This is her post today:

"Good morning
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Dad has been in the hospital since fri. And has no further problems. They have not said it was definately a heartattack. My brother...who is a RN thinks he didn't have one. But they are doing a heart cath this
Morning just to check for anything. Prayers that all checkks out ok...love you gals"

We're just over the frost / freeze line tonight, but that was by Counties. Didn't want to take a chance and slipped the houseplants back into the garage after I weeded the old Canna garden again for the third time. man I need to mulch.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 27, 2012
4:35 AM

Post #9058756

Thanks Frootz! I must have missed that somehow. I've been kind of hit or miss on DG lately. Kind of in a really funky place right now. :0)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 27, 2012
9:49 AM

Post #9059123

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))) to you Neener! Get feeling better soon!
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 27, 2012
9:55 AM

Post #9059141

That frost warning last night had me covering Angel Trumpets with large flower pots, & buckets @ 10:30. Boy am I glad the frost didn't happen. The warning is still for tonight so the covers will stay on the Angels. I think every Angel Trumpet I had last year has come back..and so early. Some of them are about 7" tall already. Now..I have a garage full of cuttings that are ready for planting. I'm planning to have a plant sale in a couple of weeks and hope to sell most of them. Sold them last year but this year if those who bought last year did what I told them, they will have their own cuttings to plant and won't need mine. No way can I dig in this clay to plant in new locations. Does anyone want free Angel Trumpets for postage?
Last Fri. morning I started pulling weeds from my flower beds @ 6:45 and quit at 12:30. Sat. I didn't want even a power puff on the ends of my fingers..(imagine the struggle to unbutton and unzip) And my knees were sore all way to the tips of my toes, and I'm not finished yet. I'm loving it! (no, not the soreness, the yard work.)
Paula thoughts and prayers to you and your Dad.
Love & hugs to you all and hope your day will be soooooooo good.

Thumbnail by dahtzu

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 27, 2012
9:57 AM

Post #9059144

Nita, do hope your "Funky" place is a fun place to be. Stay well & happy my friend.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 27, 2012
10:28 AM

Post #9059174

Thanks all. My funk is mostly mental. I'll get over it or die trying. :0) I want to come live in your garage Faye. I wish my brugs looked that nice. Give Ray a hug for me.

I too was out covering a bunch of things last night. it is so green here it is unbelievable. I can watch the grass growing from my window. Dandelions blooming too. In March!!
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 27, 2012
10:41 AM

Post #9059190

Gosh, I hate that mental funk..never know quite what to do with it. Nita, you have to know you would be more than welcome, but dear one, I wouldn't put you only in the garage. lol There are many more Angels that you couldn't see in the above pic. They are everywhere. Nita, I will be glad to save and bring to RU any Angels you want. Oh, ran and gave Ray a big hug for you, lol and the one he gave me to give to you was a whopper & I loved it so he will just have to deliver to you in person.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 27, 2012
1:57 PM

Post #9059455

Faye, your brugs are looking really good! Give Ray a hug from me too please? How is he feeling?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 27, 2012
5:06 PM

Post #9059667

Faye, I have several I got from you last year that are still hanging in, even after the awful summer we had! Several of them bit the dust though. The Dr. Suess you sent me this fall are doing good too. What ones to you have? WOW, just looked at the picture! You DO have a lot!!!! At least you can still get your car in the garage! ^_^

How is Ray doing? I don't remember seeing anything recently. Keeping you two in my prayers.

Does anyone have any canna seeds? It was a sad, sad day when I opened up the bag I overwintered mine in only to find that 95% of them were dried up or rotten. I was so sad. I never manage to keep them. I do better planting seeds every spring. I start them in the house. Just put some into pots that can easily be brought back in the house if need be. I tried to save seed last year, but my pods had nothing but dust in them. I am where I can start planting some along the fence which will solve part of my problem. We don't have to lift them in the fall here, but everything I had was in pots last year. Too many and too big to bring in the house. Thanks!!!!

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 27, 2012
5:19 PM

Post #9059682

Ray is doing much better now. Our concern now is his constant coughing and no Dr. seems to have the answer. Thank you for your continued prayers.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 27, 2012
5:32 PM

Post #9059695

Frost missed us last night and don't think the temp dipped much below 36. At least that's what it was when I woke up at 6:30. It was a good day cleaning the back porch, organizing pots, and planting a few miscellaneous perennials held over from last Fall that were way overdue. Hubby started building a potting bench for me yesterday out of pressure-treated lumber, and the main part is finished except for sealing the wood, which I'll do. He's not fond of painting and usually wears more than he spreads. The bench will eventually have an extra extension with a couple of smaller shelves on one side. Now he's on a roll pressure washing the house and decks, and I'm not about to interrupt his progress as long as he can hold out.

Faye, I bet you'll have new customers at your Plant Sale. All you have to do is show them your photo album and they'll be 'sold'. Are you going to run an ad or put up signs? Give Ray a smooch on the cheek for me. He's such a sweet man we all love and care about so much.

I missed the group hug earlier. {{{{{HUGS}}}} back from me too. I know I can always use one. Hang in there, Neener!

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 27, 2012
5:42 PM

Post #9059701

Patti, I have Cannas seeds that have been in the refrigerator from last year and the year before. If you want to take a chance on them, I'll be glad to mail them to you. I've had pods too that were dust and learned not all Cannas set seeds. Mind you, I didn't keep any of the plants because I was told they were virused and it could pass to new plants from seeds, also put that warning out to folks I sent rhizones to and mentioned they should keep them far away from any prized Cannas.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 27, 2012
5:58 PM

Post #9059721

Thanks Fruity! That would be GREAT! I planted what I had left from last year and the Indica Yellow really did well. Only 1 Banana canna has come up so far. (what do these look like? Color? etc.) I think I had one last year but it was in a pot with some others and could never decide which one it was, even though they were tagged. You also sent me a tubar last year that didn't make it. That was one that made me sad.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 27, 2012
6:31 PM

Post #9059760

I'll put a note in with the Cannas seeds for the plants I know didn't come back. Mine were planted in the ground in full sun in a protected area on the side of our garage that faces SE. We're in the same zone, although your growing conditions may be different from mine. As a general rule, plants grown in pots need to be at least 2 zones hardier if you want to leave them outside and hope for them to return.

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 28, 2012
1:02 AM

Post #9059998

Hi, all!
Stopped by to catch up on the news and to remind myself who's birthdays are coming in April.
Lots of birthdays! :)
Amaryllis Jewel is blooming, and Smells lovely! :) This is the one I received from my mother-in-law for Christmas 2010, but which decided not to bloom. Glad to see it blooming this year... and two scapes, too!
Speaking of bringing plants outside, I've been doing the opposite. LOL Just noticed an amaryllis (Blossom Peacock) sending up a new flower scape. Had this outside under the eaves on the deck during the winter. The weather had been very nice, but shortly after I discovered the new scape, the weather turned cold again, so I brought it in. Wanted to encourage the plant to keep growing that flower scape! This ought to be another scented one.
Will be keeping you all in my prayers. Take care, and have a great week!
Michelle
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 28, 2012
1:18 AM

Post #9060003

LOL Neener, my name is still above, but my birthdate (Oct 28) is missing! LOL :) Can you fix it? Thanks!
Michelle

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 28, 2012
6:48 AM

Post #9060188

Hey all. just checking in... been a long week so far with the kids here. Ralph took them fishing this morning so I am having a "quiet" morning...lol
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 28, 2012
11:18 AM

Post #9060523

Michelle thanks for letting me know. I'm such a ditz. I was deleting links and ended up deleting dates. ARGH!

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

March 28, 2012
5:10 PM

Post #9061021

I'm back after several wild weeks. Taking a week off this week, although that is a matter up for discussion with all the farm chores. Got my cards today and will be mailing tomorrow. Been outside planting my front yard and my hands and back ache.

Hey Neener, wanted you to see how your gift to me from last year is doing. It has just started blooming and should continue for a while. Think of you everytime I look out my front door.

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

March 29, 2012
4:07 AM

Post #9061450

Good Morning ladies,
Well I lost this thread, I kept wondering why only one or two forums popped up. I've got some reading to do. Just glanced over things and saw where Fruity posted about my dad (thanks). He is doing fine. They put two stints in and then he went back to the doctor for his back ( back surgery three months ago) and he told him he could resume all normal activities with caution. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

I have to say, haven't been on much lately, so I am behind again..in everything!! I'll get caught up. If I don't get my other house cleaned out so we can put it on the market, so am going to have a breakdown, I think.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 29, 2012
4:23 AM

Post #9061462

Joy that is a cool plant. What is that?? Nifty for sure.

Paula you can get in line with the rest of us that are having breakdowns. Going to try to get a group rate at the looney bin. :) Hang in there.
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

March 29, 2012
4:47 AM

Post #9061472

LOL!! Neener ..Thank you for that laugh! I am now caught up )on the reading). I have also got crystals card and the next two addressed and ready to go. For once, I am ahead, now if I can just remember to mail them.

Just a few comments:

Linda.precious baby - wow 10 pounds!

Elfie...loved the angry birds,,,did you do them?

Faye,,thinking of you and Ray...hope everything is back to normal...if you know what that is anymore (I don't..LOL)

Twyla - hope you are better...please take care of yourself and be careful!

Everyone else..have a wonderful day and plant something!!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 29, 2012
7:19 AM

Post #9061637

No,, I did not,, but Goober found the pic on the web so we used it...lol

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

March 29, 2012
8:10 AM

Post #9061714

Glad everyone is doing better, I get dibs on window seat for the trip to the loony bin.

Neener, it is a weeping bottlebrush tree. It is the one I got on clearance from ARE last year with your gift cert. Was very sad, almost lost it in the heat. It is about 6' tall and getting prettier every day.

Joy
Got three cards addressed, now to get them to the mailbox.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 29, 2012
8:27 AM

Post #9061737

That is one cool tree Joy. I love it!
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 29, 2012
11:17 AM

Post #9062017

Lovvvvve that tree!
Hugs everyone...going now to get cards ready.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 29, 2012
12:49 PM

Post #9062114

Your cards are in the wind, Manda and Carolyn :)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 29, 2012
3:00 PM

Post #9062264

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1249596/

Froggie swap is open...
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

March 31, 2012
2:23 PM

Post #9064520

Got some beautiful cards in the mail from Neener and Fruity! Thank you both of you. I love getting mail and the cards you made are beautiful.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 31, 2012
5:22 PM

Post #9064765

Shagrin...I didn't make yours, Carolyn, and am so glad you liked it.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

March 31, 2012
5:50 PM

Post #9064792

Sooze

You didn't? Where did you find a card like that? I love it - it is worth framing.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2012
2:39 AM

Post #9065126

Awww - thanks to Froot for the lovely birthday card and to Faye and Ray for the silly/thoughtful card. :)

Carolyn is right Froot - my card was so dainty and pretty I thought for a second that you made it. ;)

And Faye and Ray know me so well their card went on and on and on about how many cups of coffee they/we drink in a day it made me smile a big giant smile thinking about them both. :D

Thank you Neener too for this thread because I was so touched by these cards from my new friends who are like family (better!).

Can't wait to see you all soon.
xox
A.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 1, 2012
6:20 AM

Post #9065223

Dog gone, I'm late, Got to get you Birthday girls your cards out. Will get them this week...
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 1, 2012
9:04 AM

Post #9065405

Yepper I gotta get out Froots and Mandy's too.. Still working on a few things. :))
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 1, 2012
10:45 AM

Post #9065527

ACK... when did April sneak up on me??? LOL...

mine will be in the mail tomorrow..or Tuesday (snicker)

Hugs to you all!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

April 1, 2012
12:25 PM

Post #9065631

Hey Chris - I think I sent yours to the beach. :D
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 2, 2012
2:45 PM

Post #9067252

Darn, guess I'll have to go back and try to find it then! ^_^ I would hate that, ya know??

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 2, 2012
3:37 PM

Post #9067311

Oh I feel so sorry for you, Chris...now wouldn't that be a shame if you had to go back. Can I go with you to look? lol

Thanks to you early birds, Carolyn, Crystal, and Patti, for your cards I received today! Loved each one of them and especially your personal notes :)

We used to show presents, so why not show our cards?

Carolyn made hers with pressed flowers, Crystal's is a beach scene with Pelicans, and Patti's has lots balloons and glittery effects, which don't show up at all in the pic.
My battery was low and didn't realize it. Thank you, Ladies!

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 2, 2012
4:34 PM

Post #9067366

Awesomeness Frootz! We should show our cards. Working on a fun idea in my head right now. Will let you all know if I can get the odds and ends of it to come together.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 2, 2012
6:05 PM

Post #9067478

I must mail my cards,,, I must mail my cards!!!
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

April 3, 2012
4:35 AM

Post #9067787

I mailed crystals, carolyn, and amandas first of last week...did you girls get them???? Please let me know...those were the first things I have 'mailed' out of the mail box at our new house and if the mail isn't getting out, that's not good. Thanks

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 3, 2012
6:09 AM

Post #9067873

Me too! Me too! Me Too!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 3, 2012
6:40 AM

Post #9067909

Mine are going out today.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

April 3, 2012
8:15 AM

Post #9068048

I mailed mine out last week as well, would have thought they had gotten there by now.

Joy

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 3, 2012
8:42 AM

Post #9068083

Mine are in mailbox. Yeah!!!!!!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

April 3, 2012
9:29 AM

Post #9068149

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROLYN! Hope you have a fantabulous day! Will mail your card when I find the container they got stashed in for the room repairs!

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

April 3, 2012
10:36 AM

Post #9068224

Happy Happy Birthday Carolyn!!!!!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 3, 2012
10:40 AM

Post #9068230

♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ Happy Happy Birthday Carolyn ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

Thumbnail by taters55

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 3, 2012
11:15 AM

Post #9068277

Just wouldn't be a birthday without one of LK's cakes! Happy Birthday Carolyn!!
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

April 3, 2012
11:18 AM

Post #9068280

Happy Birthday Carolyn!!! Spoil yourself silly!!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 3, 2012
1:07 PM

Post #9068373

Wishing You The Happiest Birthday Ever, Carolyn!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 3, 2012
1:25 PM

Post #9068394

Happy Birthday, Dear girl...

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

April 3, 2012
2:54 PM

Post #9068471

Hey Neener, can we have an April room???????
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 3, 2012
5:48 PM

Post #9068661

Happy birthday Carolyn!

I must send out my cards.. I must .. I must..

(going back to my corner! Elfie, wanna join me??)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 3, 2012
7:04 PM

Post #9068776

♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ Happy Happy Birthday Carolyn ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

April 3, 2012
7:08 PM

Post #9068792

I can join you Chris! My cards are packed in a storage tub until the room is fixed! Carpet in yesterday... trim up tomorrow (I hope). Might have to go buy a few more to get caught up :)
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 3, 2012
9:14 PM

Post #9068972

Hi, all.
Carolyn, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you had a wonderful day!
Have my cards... Hoping to get them out by the end of the week :)
Michelle
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 4, 2012
4:16 AM

Post #9069119

Thanks for poking my Joy.. In my own little world here..

New Thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1250496/

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

April 5, 2012
1:01 PM

Post #9070911

hey!
I am in England and went to Kew Gardens. Wonde4ful!
GA girl, and anyone else who sent me cards, I will report when i get home.Today we picked up sea glass at seaham. Having good time. Just cking in on you all !

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America