Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Hosta Swap interest thread

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

Any one interested in starting one this spring? I have heard there usually is one, but i'm relatively new here and missed out last year but i'm looking forward to it this year!!!

Peoria, IL(Zone 5a)

ZZTOPSOIL will host a swap. Thank's ZZ! Here is a link to the thread from the Hosta Swap last Spring.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1182162/

There is usually one held at the end of Summer as well but due to Hurricane Irene and the heatwave we had here in the Midwest the swap didn't happen.

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

Awesome! i know that mittsy raved about that swap and i want to be sure i don't miss it. I wasn't sure where it would be listed but i regularly check the upcoming swap thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1232329/
so hopefully i can get in on it. :)

Charlotte, VT

If ZZTOPSOIL wants to manage another swap, count me in. He has always done a fantastic job!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I would like to swap a few plants, but not a secret swap. Do we ever make a list of wish list plants? Sounds fun to me!

Teresa in KY

Peoria, IL(Zone 5a)

Teresa, The way the secret swaps works is that you have to make two lists. You make your "Want " list and "Have" list so people know what you already have so you don't receive those. They try to send ones from your want list if they have them. Having your Hosta Want and Have lists also helps in setting up regular trades.

Frank

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Much better than in the old days, Frank!

Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

With the early spring we're all experiencing, I would love to have an earlier swap this year! Anyway, I'm definitely in again.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I am running out of shade so I would be interested in smalls and minis. Would it be ok to trade dls for hosta? Here is a link to my collection.

http://www.plantstep.com/FlowerCatalog.psl?action=10416&Page=1&Date=03/27/12

Teresa inKY

Tomah, WI(Zone 4a)

Once again I would love to swap. I love the surprises when the box arrives.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I have been on vacation and still in FL. Has someone started a trade page somewhere?

I am interested in some smalls and Lakeside hosta.

Country Mouse and a few minis.

Huntersville, NC

Greetings Sir Frank the Enabler and All Hosta Lovers!

I'm interested in this Springs Hosta Swap if Im not too late.

Count me in and Sign me up!

I NEED some Hosta Happiness!

I am interested in mini's! Will forward what I already have later.

This message was edited Apr 11, 2012 12:30 PM

Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

Oh, it's definitely not too late... We haven't even started yet! But I really want to do it early this year, since so many of us have such warm spring weather. A mid May swap sounds fun.

Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL(Zone 7b)

I would love to join this if it gets going,, I have lots of mini's and small hostas to trade. Would love an Emperors Woo and other really large ones. I know I spelled it wrong,,, sorry

Virginia Beach, VA

Mud,

It is Empress wu

Have fun trading ladies!!!

Belle

Thanks Belle,, Just call me Elfie,, everyone else does,,lol

Charlotte, VT

It doesn't seem like there's enough interest this spring. I was so looking forward to it. It's like the song, You Can't Always Get What You Want.

Virginia Beach, VA

Trading/ swapping is is a lot of fun but also invovles a lot of work in my opinion. Perhaps most hosta enthusiasts are very busy with the garden and maybe it is not the priority tight now .

Too early for some also since some hosta are just poking in some areas.

Bellie

Peoria, IL(Zone 5a)

If you look at the date of last years Spring swap it was first posted for sign ups in mid May. It is too early and quite a few people would be left out if one were held now.

Willamette Valley-OS, OR(Zone 8a)

Just Letting Everyone Know...
I Will be Posting the Sign-Up and Information for the Spring 2012 Swap Over the Weekend.
Hostas are Usually Mailed/Sent the Last Half of May...as Frank(franknjim) Said.
This Enables Everyone to Participate.

Hope to See Some Sign-Ups Over the Weekend.

Excellent!! So glad to be a part of this one!!!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Sorry, but I will not be in on this swap. My 90 yr old father has had a stroke and still in the hospital. He and my Mom will be needing lots of help.

Teresa in Ky

Charlotte, VT

Teresa,

Can someone help you out with the swap so you still can participate?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.