wanted: tiny old planters

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I have a small cabinet that I would like to fill with small vintage animal planter. I have a few but thought I would see if anyone has some to sell or trade. I have a rabbit, kitten, and man by a well.

Kathy

Brady, TX(Zone 8a)

Can you elaborate? Do you need planters that already have a drainage? If not, could you convert small containers to planters by drilling drainage holes?

Columbus, OH

Oh my...why couldn't you have posted this before I emptied most of that stuff from my mother's house? Swans, lambs, people, turtles, horses? donkeys? and carts, you name it.

Brady, TX(Zone 8a)

That's kinda the reason for my question ... I also inherited some planters, but many more decorative containers that I've drilled holes in for drainage. shihtzumom needs to come back here so we can talk about trades, etc.!!!

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

LOL
OH MY GOSH. I just like the planters like your mother had. They remind me of my grandmother. Celene what did you do with them? Girl! I find them sometimes at Goodwill for 45 cents or something like that. I'm sure yard sales will be plentyful.

Tx-G let me know what ya got and what you want.
Kathy

Columbus, OH

I'm fairly sure one of my aunts took them. Next time I'm at the house, I'll check for them.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Please check. It's nothing expensive but I just like them. Even cracked - I just like them.

Thanks
Kathy

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

I've got a couple "sellers" at my local Farmer's Market keeping an eye out for old "country" looking things I can use as planters, so if they should pick anything up/out for me that fit your description I'll pick 'em up for you and shoot you a D-mail. =) (sorry I have nothing now, I'm just starting my own collection of containers and am quite bereft at the moment). =(
..That reminds me, tomorrow is Wednesday, I'll stop by there tomorrow to check in on their progress! =)

Brady, TX(Zone 8a)

Busy with some other projects but will check as soon as I can and let you know. Again, do you want ones with drainage or not?

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

The 3 I have do not have drainage holes. They really would only hold a cacti or very small plant. I'll take a pictures of what I have for you.
Kathy

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

here are 3. The pink on was my grandmothers. The other 2 I picked up for 25 cents (rabbit) and 45 cents (cat) at goodwill.

Thumbnail by shihtzumom

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.