Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Planting spring veggies!

Acton, TN(Zone 7a)

Beets, potatoes, onions, carrots, pea pods, radish, lettuce and broccoli are in the ground! Spinach and garlic over-wintered . . . .

Thumbnail by jozeeben
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I haven't even gotten started with planting. I'm behind. But NOW I know where to go when I get hungry! LOL

Acton, TN(Zone 7a)

I hope this early spring lasts and I'm not going to cover everything back up!

Thumbnail by jozeeben
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Your a step ahead of me jozeeben! it's been so wet, we haven't got started yet on our garden, it's almost to the point now that one can't grow too many cold weather crops here because it goes from winter to summer, and no cool period to grow those colder crops. and We have to wait till the weather clears, then it's too late. I hate that, that's some of my fave food!!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

have left over fall planted cole crops and just set out some of my herbs,here in my kitchen door garden. Tomatoes,peppers,eggplants and some more herbs to get out.A 1 or 2 tomatoes here and 2-3 eggplants and will give extras to my neighbors across the road. Not doing a regular garden this year but rather will plant others(squash,cukeszukes,etc) in flowerbeds to cut down on weeding,hoing and watering.

Thumbnail by bigred
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I like those round tubs what are they?

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

large plastic drain pipes cut into section

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Well, aren't y ou smart!! neat looking

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

my hub's brought those home from a job clean-up. He's retired now so no more good junk....unless I just happen to stumble upon it...like the old headboard I found in the trash,cleaned up,painted and hung up on the porch for potted plants....I call it "junky gardening"...LOL

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I got some stuff piled up like that around here, but nothing I can make pots out of lol lots of junk left overs from jobs.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I'm seriously considering old toilets and tubs...LOL...nothing says "redneck" like "outdoor plumbing"

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

lol. Old fashioned bathtubs maybe yes but toilets? no way!!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

just kidding

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I know. ;0) They do make those planted toilets look so cute on pinterest though ha.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh shoot,I forgot about pinterest....I wasn't able to get on w/ old dialup(slow...slow...slow) but now I have high speed so I need to go back and look things over.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

yes you do. it's awesome.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I'm afraid I'll become addicted....LOL.

Back to the subject at hand....I'm going to plant my tomatoes,peppers and eggplants out tomorrow,keep some buckets close in case...or when/if,we get that pre-Easter cold snap. Grew the tomatoes from seed but bought the others and they're getting root bound so really must get them in the ground. Waiting until April to sow seeds for cukes,zukes and squash in the ground.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

We just planted 5 rows of potatoes, 2 of the yukon gold and 3 red pontiac, 2 rows of speckled lima beans and 2 rows of regular lima beans, and some broccoli, collards, cabbage, peppers and cauliflower, this weekend, we're planting the tomatoes and purple hull peas and some squash seed.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

We've decided not to do a big garden any more because apparently...our thumbs are black and Mother Nature took out a hit on us....LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.