Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Self-contained Box Gardens: 6 MORE EB's!

Communities > Forums > Self-contained Box Gardens
bookmark
Forum: Self-contained Box GardensReplies: 3, Views: 152
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
araness
Auburn, AL
(Zone 8a)

March 5, 2012
8:58 AM

Post #9030702

A few days ago I got the urge to check Craigslist for Earthboxes. I've never found any but I have a few items that I troll for, EB's being one of the main. Well I hit the jackpot! They are the original style, so a bit older. But look to be in workable condition, which to me is the most important. Soo for $60 bucks I got 6! I'm tickled pink and already trying to figure out what I can hurry up and plant.

Two I'll use as a normal planter for my herbs. I won't put them on a watering system nor will I fill it often as herbs like to be a bit stressed. 3 I think I'll use for green beans, and one for some sort of squash but that is still up for debate if someone comes up with a different idea.

This brings my total up to 24 full size EB's and one Jr.

We are already growing tomatoes, peppers, okra, cucumbers, watermelon and cantaloupe. So toss me some ideas!

Please ignore the awful photo's and my rather shaggy assistant...lol and the very leggy seedlings (those are my ICE backups)

This message was edited Mar 5, 2012 10:58 AM

Thumbnail by araness   Thumbnail by araness   Thumbnail by araness
Click an image for an enlarged view.

CricketsGarden
Nauvoo, AL
(Zone 7a)

April 18, 2012
7:44 PM

Post #9088278

wow. that was a good buy.
I personal had no idea that this forum existed.
I came across it while hunting down Tplants post on EBs.

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

April 20, 2012
12:55 PM

Post #9090481

Somehow, I knew it was you before I even opened the forum!

Congratulations on your score!

BTW, You missed a nice RU in Hempstead last Saturday. You can view the pics and the comments on the Texas Forum under "April 14 RU in Hempstead". Joy is planning to host another one in the fall, probably 1-2 week in October.
araness
Auburn, AL
(Zone 8a)

April 20, 2012
8:42 PM

Post #9091082

Sorry I m issed it but couldn't have come..with the back the way it is riding in the car to just Houston kills it. I'm going to Winnie on Sunday and I already know it's going to be a baaad trip.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Self-contained Box Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
EB von219 3 Aug 8, 2008 4:01 AM
Welcome to the Self-contained box garden forum melody 44 Sep 25, 2008 3:01 PM
Question about Spinach and EB's? IO1 23 Oct 13, 2008 8:48 PM
Never had one, How do I make my own? tetleytuna 3 Sep 21, 2008 4:46 PM
Threads related to this topic (please read and respond) tetleytuna 23 Jun 24, 2014 3:40 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America