Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Searching for "Bluest of Blue" Hostas w/Large, Broad Leaves

Stafford, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm designing a shade garden in my backyard and need help in finding the names of any hostas with large, wide leaves that are "blue" or blue tinged that do well in full shade. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Peoria, IL(Zone 5a)

Blue Angel

This is a picture of a Gaurdian Angel which is a sport of Blue Angel. This one reverted back to a Blue Angel.

Thumbnail by franknjim
Peoria, IL(Zone 5a)

The big blue one in the center is Blue Angel.

Thumbnail by franknjim
Stafford, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks, franknjim! That's a great! I'm new to Daves Garden, not new to gardening, and am so thankful to have found this site! :)

Oquawka, IL(Zone 5a)

Are those pictures taken at Hornbakers? That is such a beautiful place and well run. I usually make it there for the hosta walk, but probably won't this year if gas gets up to $5.00 a gallon :-(

Peoria, IL(Zone 5a)

Yes, that is Hornbaker Gardens. I took a bunch of pictures when I went to the open house last year.

Davenport, IA

Franknjim, the Guardian Angel is so beautiful! I had to leave a huge one behind when we moved a few years ago. :( I just started out with a new (very small) one again on Mother's Day. Can't wait for it to get wonderfully huge again!!

Ottawa, Canada

I have the following bue hostas that are not variegated :
Bix Blues
Blue Angel
Blueberry Muffin
Blue Jay
Blue Hawaii ***
Blue Umbrellas
Bressingham Blue
Canadian Blue**
Dorset Blue
Flemish Sky
Halcyon
Krossa Regal
Pewterware
Queen of the Seas

If I had to choose one blue hosta from the preceeding hostas I would pick 'Halcyon' everytime. It's the blue behnd hosta 'June

Thumbnail by irawon

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.