Entertainment # 11

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Time for a new thread:
we were here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1231552/

Thumbnail by ge1836
East Bridgewater, MA

So...who's the bottle blonde in the lipstick and the "hello, Seventh Fleet" stare ?!?!?

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Not me ,altho I was a natueral blonde in the 50's.
"Hello Seventh Fleet" look is still alive just buried.
Ever heard of
"Snow on the roof and fire in the furnace"? thats whats going on here. Passion goes to the garden.

East Bridgewater, MA

At that particular moment in time, it seems that "passion" (or a bawdy equivalent) was on the sofa.

(Let the record show that I'm not being judgemental, since I spent decades as a bottle blonde in lipstick, esp. in the late 70's disco places, with a collection of high heels that any diva would envy. Ugly true confessions !!!)

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Blond is blond I say.

East Bridgewater, MA

I own up to my past...

Ain't proud of it, jus' being honest.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thats the most important part,Honesty. I see young people making the same dead end choices I did and wonder why no one has learned anything.
Luckily my past isnt as earth shattering at 76 as it was when I was in my late 20's.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I just can't wait till all these girls with tattoos hit 70

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

old people with tattoos are cool!!!

;)

East Bridgewater, MA

Yes, that sagging dragon tattoo on the derriere will captivate all the other 80-year-olds at the nursing home....more oxygen tanks, stat !!!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Whaaaaa Boston area!!!!!!!!! Wayy too funny
How about the hearts on the shoulder in their 20's that migrates to the boobs in their 80?

OMG its too early in the morning to imagine other scenerios.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

My friend tells the funniest story about a senior lady in a nursing home with what [used to be] Elvis tattooed on her chest

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

STOOOOOP The visuals aren too awful.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

She had the lady show it to her daughter when her daughter was considering getting a tat, changed her mind real quick!!!!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Imagine when the grandkids see this.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I tries to google an image but nothing as grose as my imagination.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

ewwwww

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

not a pretty sight

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

So I wonder if 3D will really catch on this time. It's neat and all, but I hate paying the higher price, and to me it's really just as good to see a show in 2D. I don't really feel like I'm missing out all that much.

Jo, it seems no one learns anything from their elder's experiences. They have to find out all this stuff on their own. Those tats are pretty baaaad (and I'm not using that term to mean cool)!!!!! No tats for me, thanks much. I have a SIL who is addicted to getting them. Adds a couple more every year. She likes how it feels when they're putting it on. Won't go any further with that one!

Karen

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Advise for the young from elders is usually percieved as aimed at someone else.

Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

Lohan's at it again. Hit and run. When are they gonna put this woman away?

So pissed that Discovery axed Bear Grylls.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ya think if you're a celebrity you would pay someone to drive you everywhere

what was the reason he was fired?

Had not heard about Hunger Games until days ago. Kids killing kids? Do we need to show this in a movie when it's happening every day in gangs in so many cities? What am I missing? Did anyone read the books?

A copycat crime is almost guaranteed.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

My daughter read the book. She was jazzed about it.
I am not a "reader" but did like the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I have the latest in the series on disc ,waiting on netflix.
I saw the whole series made in Sweden i think.

GD liked Hungergames but she is 21.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

it is a movie and the hype is just crap - there have been many movies in the past that had controversial story lines - they are selling tickets and the politically correct crowd is aghast - oh my........can't believe anyone pays attention to stuff like this

East Bridgewater, MA

The older I get, the more I think......

"There is nothing new under the sun."

All we can do, is to try to exert a positive influence on the next generation.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I agree Bostonarea

I am not close to politically correct, but think it's just not something kids should see. No other kids killing kids movies jump to mind.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Its pretty grim.GD saw it and read the books.She said the movie wasnt as good as the book.
Its a futuristic film.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

My 17 year old niece said they are reading it in her class.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

survival of the fittest! :)

Watched Capt. America with the family the other night. Not bad. Similar to the other Marvel movies. More important - the leading lady. I am in love again!! ^_^

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I watched the 2 hour season opener for Mad Men. Oddly how they have he late 50's and 60's culture down to a science. I remember the constant drinking and smokeing. Ex was a sports writer.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Good show, one of our favorites.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

saw it here too - glad it is back

shameless this season has been great

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Best part of that opener was during the "dance" Roger said "why don't you sing like that?" and his girl said "why don't you look like him" Loved it!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Wow yes. Why did I know Roger would be working on number 3 this season.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

he's the one you love to hate...such a piece of.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.