Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Orchid Cactus: Looking for Freuhling's Gold

Communities > Forums > Orchid Cactus
bookmark
Forum: Orchid CactusReplies: 4, Views: 51
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
IndaShade
Kylertown, PA
(Zone 5b)

March 8, 2012
6:51 AM

Post #9034433

Is there anyone out there who could spare a cutting or two of Freuhling's Gold? I can swap cuttings of Halloween Moon, Martinique, Brazil, or Sitka.

Thanks in advance!

Edited to add: I am actually looking for any epi hybrid that is an easy bloomer and has Disocactus in it's background. Also, looking for Disocactus macranthus and Disocactus nelsonii.

This message was edited Mar 8, 2012 9:55 AM
av_ocd_girl
Ellerbe, NC
(Zone 8a)

March 8, 2012
6:15 PM

Post #9035168

I have Freuhlingsgold ... I'd love to trade for Martinique If you haven't already found someone. I can take cuttings tomorrow and start them drying. Is your weather good to mail? We are in the 70s here.

Thumbnail by av_ocd_girl
Click the image for an enlarged view.

IndaShade
Kylertown, PA
(Zone 5b)

March 9, 2012
7:49 AM

Post #9035666

Hi, thanks for answering! If you can get the cuttings in the mail this coming Monday, the weather will be fine for mailing. I wil take cutting of Martinique today.

Dmail me your address, and I'll do the same.

Thanks!
orchidman1
Deep Run, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 12, 2012
6:19 PM

Post #9040202

I also have Freuhlingsgold if you should need it again. As for the rest you are looking for look at my list under Wren's
topic at the top of page two. I have over 300 plants now and try to peacefully coexist with them.

Thumbnail by orchidman1
Click the image for an enlarged view.

IndaShade
Kylertown, PA
(Zone 5b)

March 20, 2012
9:03 AM

Post #9050114

I did manage to get a couple of cuttings of Freuhlings Gold, but I am still looking for species Disocactus, or any epi that has Disocactus in it's background. I am mainly looking for easy blooming epis.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Orchid Cactus Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
what is a epis? binky1972 16 Aug 19, 2008 10:55 PM
Epiphyllum seed help Kachinagirl 4 Oct 1, 2008 6:42 PM
Epiphyllum blooming MaryE 87 Aug 1, 2007 8:22 AM
The Epis Are Coming, The Epis Are Coming!! 2005 Happenstance 182 Feb 7, 2008 2:40 AM
The Epis Are Here, The Epis Are Here!! 2005 Happenstance 155 Feb 7, 2008 2:42 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America