Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Recipes: Can We Talk About Quesadillas?

Communities > Forums > Recipes
bookmark
Forum: RecipesReplies: 5, Views: 145
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

March 8, 2012
2:12 PM

Post #9034936

I just bought a used Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker for $5, and I'm excited to use it. I've been wanting to make quesadillas and freeze them to carry to work and reheat as needed.

I absolutely love and crave Chili's Bacon Ranch Chicken Quesadillas, but I can't afford to eat out all the time. And I'm sure I could make them myself and make them healthier.

So does anyone have this recipe or other good quesadilla recipes I could try out in my Quesa maker? I'm really excited to see this thing in action. It's so shiny, bright red that it screams at me everytime I walk by it. LOL

I read about a banana/peanut butter quesadilla. Has anyone here tried it? I'm just not sure about that combination. But I bet I could use fruit filling and make quesadilla pies too. And what else?? Creative, adventurous cooks, enlighten me, please!

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser   Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
Click an image for an enlarged view.

SusanKC
Shawnee Mission, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 11, 2012
12:19 PM

Post #9038222

I used to make Quesadillas back when I used to work for a mexican restaurant. They are easy. Just cook whatever meat you want to use. If you like your veggies cooked also then do the same. Throw a tortilla onto a grill or into a pan, put a light amount of cheese of your choice on top of the tortilla , next add the cooked meat and veggies, add another light layer of cheese, and lastly throw another totilla on top. If cooking in a pan then turn the whole quesadilla over part way through the cooking.

This message was edited Mar 12, 2012 8:32 AM

Celene

Celene
Columbus, OH

March 12, 2012
6:58 AM

Post #9039207

I do what Susan does. lol They're so quick and easy, I wouldn't bother to freeze them.
dmac085
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7a)

March 24, 2012
12:50 PM

Post #9055347

Nutella would be great with the sliced bananas too. Sliced strawberries and a bit of sweetened cream cheese is good. I usually just make mine in a large skillet and flip halfway through.
I also end up with a bit more portion control as they can only hold so much filling so I learned to cut things smaller, chop finer and slice thinner. Less cheese is better than more--too much will make them greasy and tend to slide apart rather than cling.
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

March 24, 2012
1:19 PM

Post #9055388

Thanks for the tips, friends. I haven't made any quesadillas yet, but they're still on my list. I do intend to freeze some so I can grab them as needed for work. I only cook when I'm in the mood, which is not regularly. So I try to cook a lot when the mood strikes and freeze in individual portions so I can grab and go when I work. It helps keep me from going thru a drive-thru and eating 2000 calories at lunch.

Dmac, that fruit filled quesadilla sounds awesome! I'll have to give that a try. What's Nutella? Some kind of nutty filling?
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

March 25, 2012
11:18 AM

Post #9056419

I made my very first quesadilla today. I haven't tried them yet, but my brother and his friends tried the first one. My brother said it was the best quesadilla he's ever had. He doesn't give praise easily, so I'm flattered.

I used wheat tortilla shells and spread my special ranch dressing around on it. (Special ranch dressing is the kind Chili's serves with their quesadillas--ranch dressing with cayenne pepper mixed in it.)

Then I added some browned chicken breast pieces, turkey bacon pieces and a blend of 4 cheeses with Mexican seasonings.

Then serve with the special ranch dressing blend. Yummy!!! Of course you can add other things to it too. For a more tropical flavor, add some pineapples. For a spicier flavor, add jalopenos. Or add veggies for a healthier quesadilla.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Recipes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Banana Split Cake / Personal Pizzas Gayl 1 Aug 14, 2012 9:18 AM
Recipes of ALL the USA States gardendragon 102 Jul 20, 2011 5:26 AM
Crescent Lasagna Nebraska_Jewel 3 Aug 22, 2011 6:35 PM
S.Louisiana Dirty Rice justmeLisa 68 Oct 6, 2010 7:51 PM
Just for GardenDragon Brook 6 Aug 18, 2012 2:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America