Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

New Hatch

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

My random breed eggs from McMurrays started hatching today. I had 35 in the incubator. I candled them 2 days ago, and 12 were non-viable. So 23 remain. So far 4 have hatched, and 6 more have pips. Pic is of the first two. All yellow one came from a blue egg, so it's an araucana. Not certain on the others yet. My goal is to get just a few more interesting hens. I may get some extra!

Thumbnail by kosk0025
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

the Araucana is most likely a Easter Egger(mixed breed) and not a true Araucana. If it is you will be the first to ever get one from a Hatchery.
Good luck with the rest of your hatch. Hope you end up with some real beauties

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

11 so far. Here are some close-ups of some beauties.

Thumbnail by kosk0025 Thumbnail by kosk0025
Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Another beauty and a pic of the general scene.

Thumbnail by kosk0025 Thumbnail by kosk0025
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

is that a Turken??? the little orangish one with the skin showing

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Yes, turken. I have a black one also (1 yr old), and she is my favorite. Looks like this one will be reddish.

Richmond, TX

What a bunch of cuties! It will be fun to figure out what breeds you have.

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

14 total. 3 were very weak, but are doing better.

Richmond, TX

Sounds like a pretty good hatch!

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

14 out of 35 = 40%; mail order eggs. This is the best I have done. Considering I only need/want 2 or 3 more hens, this should be plenty. One Polish in the group. 4 feather footed. One turken. The easter egger. and that's about all I have figured out so far.

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

kosk0025, what assortment did you get? I looked into hatching eggs, but they were so expensive that I threw the idea out.
I have lots of broody breed hens, and I thought it might be fun, but I guess I'm just too darn cheap *G*.

Conroe, TX

awww what sweet little fluff balls.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Grabbag Surprise Babies, What fun!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.