-
AuthorContent
burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

March 9, 2012
4:25 PM

Post #9036225

Those that are just visiting or joining us, please check out the great shots, others have shared on our last thread here; http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1237163/
And come post your own shots here.

A few sunset from a few years ago.

Thumbnail by burn_2007   Thumbnail by burn_2007   Thumbnail by burn_2007
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 10, 2012
4:33 AM

Post #9036569

Thank you Bernadette for the new thread. Beautiful series on your collection. I'm heading out to a hiking trip. Hopefully I'll catch some sunset pic. on the way home. If so I'll post to share later. Have a good day and a safe one everyone.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

March 10, 2012
7:34 AM

Post #9036802

What a lovely way to start a thread, Bernadette. Thanks.

Kim, have a safe, fun hike...I hope ya find a spectacular pic or two.Glad to be able to help now and then, Kim. grin

Sherri, thanks for the Gulf pics...otherwise placid water surely gets scary come hurricane season.

Today is Adina's birthday. Best wishes for a happy, loving day...Hugs to you..
(a ray of sunshine for your day)

Thumbnail by themoonhowl   Thumbnail by themoonhowl

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 10, 2012
3:18 PM

Post #9037237

Thanks, Jean! Wow amazing pics, especially the ray of sunshine! Hugs back at you!
Bernadette, thank you for starting a new thread for us and for the beautiful pics. I'm glad you enjoyed my article. I like your comparison!
Kim, thank you for your caring words!
Sherri, so glad you have been sleeping well! You can always read my articles when you will have more time. They are always on DG!
Margaret, I would gladly send you some snow, we still have plenty!LOL

I had a great day today with my family, especially with Nicholas. We had a barbeque and a Tiramisu fruit cake my son-in-law made for me.
Posting me with the cake, and Nicholas with my DD eating the cake. More pics and videos here :

[HYPERLINK@picasaweb.google.com]

You can see also the "mucenici" I baked yesterday when we had a religious celebration. See more info here :

http://cubits.org/cjr/articles/view/922/

One picture with the sunrise from this morning.

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

March 10, 2012
4:21 PM

Post #9037312

How yummy that looks, Adina. Know you were tickled to have Nicholas and his mom and new dad to celebrate with you. Glad you had a good day.

The sunbeam pic is one of my favorites...thanks
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

March 10, 2012
5:00 PM

Post #9037361

Happy birthday, Adina. I hope your special day is just that - special.

Burn, beautiful start to the new thread. Still a bit chilly up your way, is it?

Beautiful shots, moon.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 10, 2012
5:01 PM

Post #9037363

Awww. Ya'll after 6 hours of tough hiking. I'm whipped into a mush. lol Will post some pix in the morning. Sweet Nicholas Adina. Awww, gotta hide those yummy treat from DH or he'd be in trouble lol.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 10, 2012
5:02 PM

Post #9037365

Oh yes, Happy Birthday wishes to Adina too. Hi Margaret. :)
rutholive
Tonasket, WA
(Zone 5a)

March 11, 2012
8:54 AM

Post #9037959

Adina, Happy Birthday and many more Donna

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 14, 2012
6:20 AM

Post #9042196

Thanks everyone for the wishes! I have a sunrise from afew days ago and a beautiful sunset last night, but took the pictures from my yard.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 14, 2012
6:36 AM

Post #9042213

Very nice photos Adina, still snow ladden there. Here is one sunset from me.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Click the image for an enlarged view.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2012
6:59 AM

Post #9042245

Nice pictures Kim and Adina. Too overcast lately for either sun rise or set...so here is one from November 2010

This message was edited Mar 14, 2012 7:59 AM

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 14, 2012
6:13 PM

Post #9043007

That's very pretty Moon. Here is what I've got right hot out of the press...errrrr the digital camera. lol

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 16, 2012
6:04 PM

Post #9045442

Some nice capture this evening;

Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

March 26, 2012
8:50 AM

Post #9057473

I haven't taken part in this series in recent times for the simple reason that I had not taken many 'shareable' shots. This morning I was up there on the balcony early and enjoyed this sunrise beneath that coconut frond. The silly camera does not read my mind. It thought I was looking at the frond rather than the lovely sun!

Thumbnail by Dinu

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

March 26, 2012
10:08 AM

Post #9057622

Hi Dinu. That is a really nice picture. It almost looks like a travel poster.

I managed to catch the sun slipping away Friday evening. As you can see the trees are all pretty much leaved out again.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

March 26, 2012
10:50 AM

Post #9057712

Thanks Moonhowl. I tried to crop another unwanted picture. It is crazy!

Thumbnail by Dinu

burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

March 26, 2012
12:02 PM

Post #9057805

That is very pretty Dinu. I agree those crazy cameras, have a mind of their own, sometimes. ;) It happens to me a lot with bird pics. It'll focus on the branch, instead of the bird.
Kim, I would love, to be able to take shots on the lake, like you do. Love the reflection of the setting sun on the water in your pics.
Aww Moon, now you'll have to go behind the tree, to take the shots. lol Still nice though.I especially like your March 14 shot.

We had a nice sunset a few nights ago, but was not willing to get in my car, to go get some shots. If I take it from home, I get the power lines in it.
This one is from January.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

March 26, 2012
2:03 PM

Post #9057995

Thanks much. Burn, if I go to the other side of the tree line I will have to climb my neighbor's back fence, or drive a couple miles to get there. I really like the bands of color in that shot. In a couple months the sun will set a bit further to the west and then it will just be roof tops...grin
burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

March 26, 2012
4:54 PM

Post #9058203

Oh, I know Roof tops too. 8)

Thumbnail by burn_2007

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 26, 2012
6:04 PM

Post #9058325

Thanks Dinu for those neat photos. Bernadette, wow those are some dramatic shots!!! Like the corner of the horizon is on fire. :))

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 4, 2012
4:16 AM

Post #9069118

A hummingbird visited at close to sunset yesterday evening. Hah, that's the best I can offer for now.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 4, 2012
12:11 PM

Post #9069749

Great shots everyone!
Dinu, great to see you here!
I have a few shots of a sunset taken a few days ago. I'm glad to report that there is no snow left in my part of the world!

Adina

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 4, 2012
6:46 PM

Post #9070215

It's nice to hear ... that there is no snow left, for what you've been through was some ordeal!. Adina. Nice pics. Thanks.
burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

April 4, 2012
7:54 PM

Post #9070289

Adina, no more snow!!! your ahead of us. There are still patches of snow here. My slope in the back is well covered. I`ll take a picture in the morning of my pond area.
Kim, enjoy that little hummer. Can`t wait to greet them in my yard.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

April 17, 2012
2:22 PM

Post #9086490

We have had so much cloudy weather and rainy weather that there haven't been many interesting sunsets and the trees are in full leaf now, so I don't see the actual sun before 8am.

Kinda looks like everyone is missing in action...hope you are all busy in the gardens ...

The last sunset I saw...

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 18, 2012
3:28 AM

Post #9087129

Moon, we do get a similar sky. Here is an example what it's like in early morning. Lots of rain lately. I too was M.I.A. for a while but am trying to get back to gardening soon.

Bernadette, have you any hummingbirds yet? Adina, hope spring has sprung there where you're? Dinu, hope you'll have some more pix to share soon?

Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

April 18, 2012
4:55 AM

Post #9087178

Hi Kim...kinda figured as much...as the crow flies I am a wing flap or two south of Mobile...lots of humidity when it isn't raining. Hope all is well with you.

Waving to everyone from the not so sunny south...grin

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 18, 2012
5:14 AM

Post #9087194

~grin. the ... not so sunny south is right! These past few days has been rough. But look, the Cotoneaster I potted has survived, and is sending out flowers! It correlated with other (cotoneasters) in the garden too.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

April 18, 2012
6:10 AM

Post #9087240

Whoo Hoo...good job Kim. That is really looking great. Now to just convince it to stay that size...grin

Yeah, rain from the Gulf and wind from the north...gone from high 80's and sunny to chilly and wet. DH had the a/c on yesterday...told him it was 10 degrees cooler outside than inside...open the windows and keep our money out of the electric company's pocket...they will get enough come summer.

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

April 18, 2012
8:21 AM

Post #9087434

Ah yes, Lily Love. There is one recent photo of sunset I took Sunday last. At the lake in Mysore. I was able to just make there in the nick of time, virtually as you can see. I was passing by the lake. The sun was still there in full and by the time I parked my scooter outside the fenced area and went in to the walk way some 100 metres away, I was just able get this shot.

Thumbnail by Dinu

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

April 18, 2012
8:28 AM

Post #9087444

Nice shot Dinu...sleepy sun...I like it.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 18, 2012
12:37 PM

Post #9087738

Great shot, Dinu! Seems so misterious!
Kim, I love Cottoneaster! I used to have one in the garden of the building I was living in in Bucharest, but didn't take a cutting.
Bernadette, is your snow gone ?
Jean, we had rain and Sahara sand over our country these days...they said it was a sandstorm and brought some of the sand over here. Everything is covered with dust and the rainwater was yellow...go figure! Your sun behind the clouds looks misterious too!LOL
I have a sunset from a week ago, also behind the clouds.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

April 18, 2012
2:31 PM

Post #9087906

Hi everyone, I haven't taken any sunset lately. Adina It's has been so beautiful here, the pass few days, most of the snow that was left melted. I still have a little bit of snow and ice on the pond. Kim, nice to see you've succeeded with your cotoneaster, looking good! No hummingbirds yet. They usually arrive around May 10th. Sorry you guys are getting the lousy weather. Glad for your garden though ;) Jean sending sunshine your way.
Dinu, that is a beautiful view!

It's not a recent pic. Dug it out of the archive.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

April 18, 2012
6:08 PM

Post #9088141

Lovely shots, everyone. Adina, that is amazing about you getting Sahara sand. Who says the weather's not completely whacky.

Here are a few sunrise shots I took a couple of weeks back.

Thumbnail by MargaretK   Thumbnail by MargaretK   Thumbnail by MargaretK

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

April 19, 2012
4:41 AM

Post #9088512

Just what you needed Adina...dust on everything right after you finished Spring cleaning...that must have been quite a storm to carry so much sand your way.

Thanks, Bernadette...I just need it to dry up enough to be able to get into the beds...the weeds think it is party time. Your pic almost looks like a brush fire.

Wow Margaret. Those are spectacular. I think you got every sunrise color in there.So vivid I thought they were sunsets...

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 20, 2012
1:27 AM

Post #9089768

Lovely shots, Bernadette and Margaret...I like especially the second one, stunning!
Jean, it's not that much dust ,, but enough to show a dirty window, grrr! I took pics of the car, the window,, the tiles from the terrace and the water in the bucket which I'm usually saving for watering the flowers. Might this sand have brought any seeds from Africa?LOL

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

April 20, 2012
4:16 AM

Post #9089813

This morning, my newspaper delivery man showed me the sun having 4 lines radiating from it. In fact it was the thin low clouds that were playing that trick. Only 3 days ago we had discussed about sunrise and how nice it is to watch. He is lucky as he goes on his bicycle to deliver newspapers to homes at that time.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

April 20, 2012
4:28 AM

Post #9089819

Yes Adina...it may have brought seeds with it...Hurricane Gustav was mostly wind when it hit...it brought all kinds of weed seeds with it...grrrr.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

April 26, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9098302

Good Morning...the trees have leafed out covering the sunrise, but still offers a view or two...we are in the warm day cool night cycle here, so always a bit hazy in the morning...but the sun highlights some of the haze...

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

April 26, 2012
6:04 AM

Post #9098332

Nice captures there Jean. I've been so busy haven't kept up with much sunrise/sunset. For this morning, I've got that same hazy view, yet tranquil of the quiet beginning of the day. Temp. is going back to being "hot" again starting today. I'm trying to enjoy the cool morning while we've got what's left for the season.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

April 26, 2012
6:33 AM

Post #9098376

Thanks Kim...the sun and haze combined always give me a "hallowed glen" sort of feeling...almost feel it would be disturbing nature to walk into it..

Yup...back into the mid 80's here too...solitary duck enjoying the quiet...nice pic Kim...sort of the calm before Summer storms in...
burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

April 26, 2012
2:59 PM

Post #9098940

Jean, awesome shot of the sun rays through the haze in the last shot. You have a lovely yard! I could see myself sitting under those trees and enjoying the view.
Kim the lake does look tranquil and serene, perfect setting to wake up too.
Margaret, beautiful sunrise, the silhouette of the tree are stunning with those colors.
Adina, are you still cleaning dust and sand. Poor you it's been quite a year for you. Hope you get a break from all this weird weather.

It's been going really slow here. Rainy and cool, we might be getting some snow tomorrow. Hopefully this will be the last of it. My toy (camera) is gone to the doctor, don't know when, I get it back.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

April 27, 2012
4:38 AM

Post #9099640

Hi Bernadette. Thanks for that. That is a sweep across my yard and the neighbor's. Sorry to hear your camera is in the shop...sorrier still that you may be getting more snow.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 19, 2012
9:00 AM

Post #9129499

Hey guys! You've been so quiet lately and so did I!
it's been busy here with the garden but since it's been raining for the last few days I have more time to post some pics I took lately.
A sunset.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 19, 2012

Post #9129500

And a sunrise.

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

May 19, 2012
11:01 AM

Post #9129584

This is not exactly sunset, but may be half an hour or one hour before it. I thought of sharing a couple of photos here, if you agree!
It is of a sundog I saw a few days ago.

Thumbnail by Dinu   Thumbnail by Dinu

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 19, 2012
11:21 AM

Post #9129612

Great pics Adina. Hope all is good with you.

Dinu, love the sundog pics...they are always a fascinating occurrence.

http://www.atoptics.co.uk/halo/parhelia.htm
burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

May 19, 2012
4:41 PM

Post #9129872

Great shot of your sunrises and sunsets Adina. I haven't taken any pics of either. for some time now.
Dinu your images are always welcome. I've never seen one, with some colors like you've captured, lovely.
That a great link to the sun dog, Jean.

I've been occupied with getting things ready for the Summer months. Gardening and cleaning stuff and getting some fresh air. How great it is, to see things grow and bloom and hearing birds sing again!

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 19, 2012
4:49 PM

Post #9129880

Hi Bernadette. I know you must be delighted...you had a really long winter this year. Glad Springtime is finally there.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 19, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9129929

Hi everyone, I'm glad to see y'all back posting. Dinu those are very interesting, thank you for sharing those info. too Jean. Bernadette, I haven't taken much pics. of sunrise/set either. Glad spring is finally there for you.

Here is one I took post sun rise the other day.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

May 20, 2012
7:27 AM

Post #9130452

Lily, that's a very tranquil setting, I always dream about, sitting here in the midst of noisy surroundings.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 20, 2012
7:32 AM

Post #9130458

Dinu, dream no more. You're cordially invited to visit my traquil setting at any giving time except in tornados season. We do get Tornados that are very destructive here. I'm glad you enjoy the photo.

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

May 20, 2012
7:38 AM

Post #9130467

Thanks for the kind invite, I'll again dream of coming there! LOL.
Here is a photo I dug up from the Sunrise folder just now, just for you. I had posted it before 2 years ago. This was taken from a century old building and this 10-minute sunrise observation session was part of my morning walk.

Thumbnail by Dinu

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 20, 2012
9:19 AM

Post #9130565

Dinu, I remember this photo, your own tranquil setting! Love the dog too!
Bernadette, I'm glad you are gardening and getting ready for summer.
Kim, love your sunrise!
Jean, all is good here, thanks for asking. Andreea is still hanging out with Petre, but he's not living here anymore. Nicholas is as sweet as ever and will be 2 next week. We're planning a party for him!
No new pics here, the sun was behind the clouds again.

Adina

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 20, 2012
6:50 PM

Post #9131143

Adina, it's good to hear from you. I'm looking forward to see more pic. of sweet Nicholas as his birthday is being celebrated. Agreed with you, Dinu's pic. is very peaceful. Great for mediatative moments. Thank you Dinu.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 21, 2012
3:53 AM

Post #9131463

Been awhile since I've been on this thread. Enjoyed all the nice shots. Dinu I saw your sundog on another thread...something I've never seen.

Moonhowl thanks for sharing the link to other photos of atmosphere optics, very interesting. Also like your misty morning photos.

Margaret those are amazing sunrise captures.

Lily as always I love seeing your tranquil little lake.

Adina good to see you doing well, even if a bit dusty. Nicholas sure is growing...hope he has a fun bday party.

I haven't taken any sunrise or set photos lately, just enjoying all of your photos.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2012
5:00 AM

Post #9131501

Welcome back Sherri, Sunrise this morning. Wishing everyone a good week to come.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 21, 2012
7:13 AM

Post #9131692

Hi Sherri. Thanks and you are welcome.Good to see you back.

Adina, good to see you...and look forward to pics of your little Gemini cutie.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 21, 2012
10:30 AM

Post #9132013

Thanks for the wishes, guys!
Welcome back Sherri,, good to hear from you.
I have a few pics with Nicholas for you.

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

May 21, 2012
10:44 AM

Post #9132031

Adina, love those photos of N, even if they are off subject of this thread. That blue bucket there --- I like the way it is ready-shaped to neutralize the strain on the brim which usually breaks, if it is a circle. That bucket is not. It's already straightened! Expert water sprayer at work there!

So nice.

Lily, again, that water reflecting the sun is enchanting.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

May 23, 2012
5:52 AM

Post #9134768

Lily very nice sunrise shots over your lake.

Adina, he is just hug-gable adorable...looks like he is a great help in the garden.

Sunrise behind my Gerber daisy :)

My grandson and I on Mother's Day

This message was edited May 23, 2012 7:52 AM

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2012
6:20 AM

Post #9134814

Love your shots of sunrise over "tranquility bay" Kim. So lovely.

Adina, Nicho just gets cuter...such sweet "sugar cheeks"

Sherri, I love your Grandson's smile...he is a cutie...and certainly makes his Grandma happy. Love the sunrise/gerbera.

This is from a couple weeks ago...

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

May 23, 2012
9:27 AM

Post #9135085

Nice to see you sunkissed. So you snatched your grandson from his mother on mother's day to show us this picture, eh? :)
That nice container is lovely! So are the two faces in the picture!!!

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 23, 2012
9:40 AM

Post #9135097

Thanks Jean and Dinu, Sherri love, love that pic. of your grand child and you together. Adina, Nicholas is so sweet. I'll try to post more pics. as available. Have a great day everyone.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 24, 2012
6:16 PM

Post #9137253

Awww, we've had a nice sunset this evening, but I was too late. All I caught were these two hunters by the water. A great egret and a Black-crowned night Heron. (I think).

burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

May 24, 2012
7:08 PM

Post #9137357

I love your silhouette birds Kim, especially the egret.
A very lovely picture of you and GS, Sherri.
Jean ,like the orangy sky.
Aww Adina, he's such a great gardener. You've taught him well.
Interesting shot of the sunrise through the century building Dinu. Very nice.

An old shot of a sunset.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 24, 2012
7:17 PM

Post #9137371

Bernadette, I like that shot. Kinda reminds me of the larva rocks spilling/churning in Hawaii volcano.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

May 25, 2012
8:40 AM

Post #9138004

Great pics Kim and Bernadette...wish I could get those lovely Pinks...all mine seem to be orange...

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

May 25, 2012
2:04 PM

Post #9138424

Thanks everyone for the kind words!
Dinu, that bucket was originally with a mope, but I'm using it now for watering!LOL
Sherri, what a lovely picture of you and your grandson...he looks so much like you!
Kim, your birds are awesome,, great pics!
Bernadette and Jean, lovely shots!

It's been raining a lot here... dark clouds on the sky most of the day and night...hardly could see the sun on the last 2 weeks! So here are a few pics from the garden.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

June 3, 2012
2:59 AM

Post #9149918

Happy Birthday Jean! I see someone posted on the old thread.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 3, 2012
5:26 AM

Post #9149985

Happy belated Birthday Jean! Hope you're having a good weekend to celebrate. Adina, Love your flower garden, best of all the little 'gardener' in the pic.! :-)

Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 3, 2012
10:47 AM

Post #9150301

Thank you both. I thought it might slip by being on the old thread...LOL.

Yes, a lovely day of watching movies and eating Chinese food with DH and grandson, no hassles, no stress...and no yard work...grin

Lovely roses...just the kind I like...they last forever. grin

Adina, big hugs to you. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet. I remember the pics you posted of Gavrila playing in the snow.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

June 3, 2012
4:23 PM

Post #9150651

Jean, thank you. I'm glad you had such a lovely day! We couldn't miss your celebration!LOL
I have a sunrise!

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

June 3, 2012
4:42 PM

Post #9150674

Happy belated birthday, Jean. I hope you had a great day.

Hello everyone.

Thumbnail by MargaretK

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 4, 2012
8:15 AM

Post #9151511

Thank you Adina and Margaret.

Those are beautiful pictures...A sunrise like that is like a promise of good things to come, Adina.

Hi Margaret...been a while. Hope all is well with you as you head into winter. I love the pic. Is that a Pelican?

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

June 4, 2012
4:40 PM

Post #9152337

Yes, Jean, An Australian pelican. All is well here. Winter? Ha, we're still in T-shirts.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 4, 2012
4:45 PM

Post #9152350

Then good thoughts for extended good weather...grin Our temps are already in the low 90's (34+C)...gonna be a long hot summer.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 4, 2012
5:29 PM

Post #9152426

Hope for good weather, Jean and Margaret, it's getting real hot here too. Hi everyone.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 4, 2012
5:57 PM

Post #9152461

Sunset this evening.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 4, 2012
5:59 PM

Post #9152465

Found these two pairs of Pekin ducks while photographed the sunset view.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

June 4, 2012
6:22 PM

Post #9152507

Beautiful, Kim.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 4, 2012
6:22 PM

Post #9152509

Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 5, 2012
6:41 AM

Post #9152997

Nice catch Kim...lovely sunset. This is what it looked like here.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 5, 2012
7:20 AM

Post #9153032

Jean, we share the same sky and sunset at just about the same time. I'm so enjoyed when the day light is lengthening until after 7:30 and beyond. Margaret, somehow I missed your post yesterday. Good morning, errrr evening to you.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 5, 2012
9:01 AM

Post #9153150

I love the long evenings too Kim...a special time of the day for sure. How is your Cotoneaster bonsai doing?

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 5, 2012
10:12 AM

Post #9153212

The little 'bonsai' is doing well. Lots of green berries. Can't wait until they are ripen and turn red. Awww, there I go... wishing my time away. lol

How are you doing?

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 5, 2012
10:35 AM

Post #9153237

Doing well for an "old" Lady...grin Doing the usual, fighting weeds and trying to keep stuff watered. We haven't had more than a spit or two in almost three weeks, but lots of heat and wind.

Everything looks so lush in your pics. Hope life and the garden are treating you well.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 5, 2012
11:06 AM

Post #9153281

Life has been kind, but the garden? It about to work me to death! LOL. Just kidding, truly, I can't really complain. Spring has been surprising mild. I've been enjoying the cool weather in the early morning and early evening hours. The high noons? Not so much.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

June 5, 2012
11:58 AM

Post #9153341

Kim and Jean,, great sunsets! So peacefull in your pics!
I also weeded much lately , the rain stopped finally...! More showers today though. We also celebrated Nicholas for his 2nd anniversary last week-end. He had a gorgeous cake and had such fun eating it!LOL

Adina

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 5, 2012
12:44 PM

Post #9153379

Precious moments caught on digital photography! Happy Birthday or as you said anniversary to Nicholas and the rest of the family Adina.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 5, 2012
4:26 PM

Post #9153671

We got hot way too quickly here. By 10:30 you are drenched and drained and usually takes til 6pm before it is tolerable again...until the mosquitoes start putting in an appearance...then it is all bets off. Those suckers hurt!...I am such a wimp...grin I envy you those breezes off the water...

Oh Adina...all the pics are cute, but the last two are just priceless...and yes, he does appear to love birthday cake...lol
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

June 5, 2012
6:19 PM

Post #9153808

Moon and Kim, I really don't envy you your summers. Hot and humid - yuck!

Adina, he's such a boy! You can used that photo of him covered in multicoloured gooey stuff to blackmail him in the years to come. LOL

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 5, 2012
6:32 PM

Post #9153830

*Chuckle at the thought! :-) with you Margaret.

Ok, okay, I couldn't resist no longer ... here is our grand child first lakeside outing, and he was enjoying the experience.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

June 5, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9153847

Boy oh boy, he grew up fast. We first saw him struggling with the shovel in the snow, and then helping Nana in the garden, then poof, he's into race car. LOL Very handsome little fellow, Adina.
Jean, sorry your experiencing all that heat. Hope things cool down a bit there. Remember to drink plenty of fluid. I hate skeeters just as much, those little buggers sting and hate it when they make that buzzing sound when they get too close to my ear. Whispering too me, "I'm coming for your blood". And of course, It drives me into a panic mode. ;)
Kim, nice reflection shot. Your harbor is well ornate with all the beautiful foliage.
Margaret that is a great shot of the Pelican at sunrise.

Thumbnail by burn_2007   Thumbnail by burn_2007   Thumbnail by burn_2007

burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

June 5, 2012
6:44 PM

Post #9153859

He look very happy Kim I'm sure he's anxious to hit the water.lol
Too funny Margaret.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 5, 2012
6:53 PM

Post #9153878

Thanks Bernadette, Jean and I live in region that is quite difficult to cope with, especially outdoor in the summer months. So we try to enjoy the cool weather when we can, here is one such morning when temp. is cool and the breeze is refreshing.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

June 5, 2012
11:37 PM

Post #9154160

Beautiful sky colours, Burn.

Kim, can you swim in your lake?

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 6, 2012
4:31 AM

Post #9154232

Yes, Margaret. The water is quite clear. We water skii from time to time.
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

June 6, 2012
6:22 AM

Post #9154341

Ooooo, nice.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 6, 2012
7:12 AM

Post #9154393

Good Morning.

Yeah, Kim and I live in sauna land...grin. watching the news last night the weather man said our humidity was at 43%...it rarely ever drops below 50% here. And that just means we haven't had enough rain...but, they have been forecasting rain since Saturday...all the way through til next Monday...as yet, nary a drop.

Kim, what a cutie and such a sweet baby grin. Won't be long before he will be up on skis...and Grandma Kim will be watching like a hawk...grin.

Too funny Margaret...it used to be you used the baby in the bath pics to blackmail them with...grin

Bernadette, there are some days when I "slosh" my way around the yard...we have a rule around the house for summer...8 ozs of water in every hour spent outside. We each have our own 2qt/litre water jugs to make it easier to keep track of intake
As for mosquitoes, if ya hear them buzzing, it is a female and she will bite. The males also buzz, but they are not drawn to humans as male skeeters sip flower nectar, not blood. Females buzz around your head because they are attracted to the body heat...warm bodies equal lunch...grin

Love the pictures. It gets cloudy here in the evenings...does not make for a pretty sunset.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 6, 2012
9:14 AM

Post #9154540

Yes, Jean. Can't wait until the little 'guy' gets up on the skii with Grandma Kim. I and my daughter double skii a time or two, but if my son, his baby and grandma will tripple skii, that would be something else wouldn't it?

Rain more often here, so I need not gauge at the humidity level. lol. I enjoy gardening, and my feeling about humidity? It's a love/hate relationship. For my plants love the humidity, me? not so much.

It's so humid, that I can easily propagate cuttings from breaking off a branch, stick it in the ground -- forget about it for a time. Then viola! Few weeks later their is a new plant in its place.

Yes those skeeters are something else. Neat info. on 'em Jean. I'm more concern about the disease they transmit.

Will try to catch some more sun rise/set to post soon.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 6, 2012
10:03 AM

Post #9154605

I hear ya on the diseases...West Nile is an ongoing concern here...we get a number of cases every year, including one or two of the often fatal encephalitis.

If you ever get the three of you up on skis, make sure someone has a camera...GRIN

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 8, 2012
5:08 AM

Post #9156725

On the camera-readiness. We'll have a way to go down into the future. Hopefully I'll have our camera upgrated by then. lol At the mean time, I need to "get back onto the saddle" so to speak. Skiing didn't come as a second nature to me. It takes practices, and last year I didn't try to ... so I'm working on getting back at it, begun at the Gym... (sweating ~).

Sunset last evening; My! Am I glad that way pass 8pm and there was sunlit outdoor.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

grits74571
Talihina, OK

June 11, 2012
6:59 AM

Post #9160335

At sunrise a lone fisherman

Thumbnail by grits74571

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 11, 2012
7:17 AM

Post #9160370

There is something so serene about watching the sun come up over the water...understand why folks leave so early to go fishing.

We have had rainy, cloudy overcast weather for the last week or so. What little sun has been "watery" looking...I snapped a pic of our new residents (mated pair of woodpeckers) as they checked out the bird bath...everything has a muted, hazy look due to the clouds.
You can just make out the female hanging on the trunk to the right. Then she got her turn...

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 11, 2012
8:06 AM

Post #9160461

Welcome grits74571, nice peaceful setting... Jean, the 'couple' seem at home with that bird bath, what a misty scenery.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 11, 2012
8:23 AM

Post #9160495

Hi Kim. I am often amazed at the difference between what I see and what the camera "sees". They seem to be settling in nicely...the little male is quite feisty...size doesn't seem to matter in proportion to moxie. Just a few minutes after their bath, they settled to have a bite...this blackbird was already there...but not for long...grin

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 11, 2012
9:38 AM

Post #9160648

Thanks Jean. Hello everyone, this is my sunshine today. Misty morning and a rare visit from this Great Crested Flycatcher. When the bird visits. It brings along so much joy. I thought I share this with everyone.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 11, 2012
10:52 AM

Post #9160767

Thanks for the compliments on the GS photo everybody...I don't get to see him often enough.

Lily just love all your lake shots, must be so nice to live right on a lake. The orange/yellow roses are very nice, sort of sunset colors in a rose. Your grandson is an adorable happy lil' fellow!

Bern, love the pink sunset, nice when the sky has that pink coloring, doesn't happen too much here...and you have to be quick to catch it.

Jean, I'm late but Happy birthday! Nice catches of the woodpeckers, we have lots of them here...one likes to peck on my house, can be very irritating, scares the cats.

Adina, my goodness does Nicholas love that cake, I don't think he could open his mouth any bigger...lol. Love all your flowers, they are so beautiful, especially after all the snow pictures.

Margaret that is a wonderful photo of the pelicans with the pink sky.

Grits, welcome, love the lone fisherman on the lake shot...keep them coming.

Well we were on vacation down in south Florida in Ft. Myers Beach all week last week and I hoped to get some beautiful sunset shots for you all, however we hardly saw the sun, it was very cloudy all week. Didn't mind too much because kept the temperatures down in the 80's...I did manage to get some one night.

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

June 12, 2012
9:36 AM

Post #9162119

grits, beautiful texture there on the water which the lone man is watching.

sunkissed, lovely scenes of the coconut trees.

moon, nice dreamy shots of the bird at the birdbath.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 12, 2012
10:13 AM

Post #9162171

Sunkissed, those are very romantic "deserted island" pics...hope ya had a good vacation.

Thanks Dinu...they are from my "Monet" collection...LOL
burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

June 13, 2012
7:00 PM

Post #9164212

Love your Monet, the hazy mist ambiance in your pic is wonderful, Jean. Kim what a great visitor to have in your yard. I would love, to see one of those flycatcher. Grits the fisherman add to the loveliness of the scenery, in your sunrise.
Sunkissed, aww Paradise, great spot for a vacation!!!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

June 14, 2012
2:09 AM

Post #9164496

Sun, wonderful pics! Glad you had a good vacation!
Jean, what great Monet photos!
Grits, beautiful sunrise with the fisherman!
Lily, your grandson is sweetheart! Love the bird too!
Bernadette, amazing pics!
I don't have any sunrise or sunset, but here's my DS teaching Nicholas breakdance!LOL

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2012
4:19 AM

Post #9164533

LOL, Adina Nicholas will soon learn that move it seems! Your son is very tallented. Precious memories captured on camera. What's a gift!!!

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 14, 2012
6:07 AM

Post #9164615

Awww what a cutie. Won't be too long before Nicholas has that move down...so sweet to see them together.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

June 19, 2012
11:45 PM

Post #9172391

Thanks Kim and Jean! My DS tried this breakdance when he was a teenager, but never continued, he preffered football(soccer). Maybe Nicholas will like it , at least it will be good for exercise.
BBL with some sunset pics.

Adina

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 20, 2012
12:29 PM

Post #9173072

Adina that is a real hoot! :)

I woke up this morning to the most beautiful sunrise, my house was all pink inside, I ran out in my nightgown and took these before it was gone. Mosquitoes enjoyed their breakfast. :) Kind of rare to see these colors, but had a storm coming in.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 20, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #9173089

Wow...beautiful colors...almost worth giving blood for...GRIN. Seriously, can't beat Nature's paintbox.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

June 20, 2012
12:53 PM

Post #9173106

Sherri , wow, it's beautiful!
Here are my sunset pics.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 20, 2012
7:41 PM

Post #9173609

Those photos are quite rare with the coloration Sherri. Hope you've weathered the storm unscratched? Adina, those last four pics. like a ring of fire! Very striking!

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 21, 2012
9:03 AM

Post #9174277

Wow Adina...those pics remind me of a NatGeo special on Volcanoes...very striking...and so neat.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 22, 2012
2:23 PM

Post #9176217

Moonhowl...too funny.

Adina, how cool. I love how you kept zooming in on the ring of light, that is just really something. Sometimes the clouds and sun give us such spectacular light shows.

Lily it is still raining off and on here, might come your way, a tropical wave. But at least keeping it a bit cooler, just really muggy when the sun comes out.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 22, 2012
2:51 PM

Post #9176264

Heard last night there was some "activity" in the Northern part of the Gulf of Mexico...they are "watching" it...been hot dry and cloudy here...full on Hurricane season and now full on summer...could be an interesting season.
kiseta
Augusta, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 22, 2012
3:31 PM

Post #9176312

I did not take these pictures, I have found them on my home city Novi Sad's facebook, and I liked it very much. The second one is a riverwalk at the Danube. Etelka

Thumbnail by kiseta   Thumbnail by kiseta

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

June 23, 2012
10:10 AM

Post #9177217

Thanks guys!
Etelka, great pics! Good to see you here!
Jean, what activity? I hope no more hurricane! I get this comparison with the National Geographic very often from my family but only because I'm always taking pictures of everything!LOL
Very hot here, but showers forecasted for tonight. I had to water so much this week but it was good because while getting up so early to water I got some pics of the sunrise. I'll post them later.

Adina

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 23, 2012
12:24 PM

Post #9177333

Moonhowl and Lily the latest report at 2PM today says could move toward NW Gulf coast:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATWOAT shtml/231755.shtml

It might come your way, just skirting our coast right now. But a 90% chance of it becoming a storm. Keep a watch if it gets into the Gulf warm waters.

Kiseta, that first photo is really awesome, thanks for sharing.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 23, 2012
2:13 PM

Post #9177452

Just looked at the 4PM advisory...only place showing storm warnings at present are La east and central coastline...but the module at present has it heading toward SE Texas coast...and we all know how quickly the modules can change...gonna have to keep an eye on this one.

Welcome Kiseta (Etelka)...the sunset at Novi Sad is just lovely.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 23, 2012
4:29 PM

Post #9177619

Very nice pix, and welcome Kiseta (Etelka).
kiseta
Augusta, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 23, 2012
5:17 PM

Post #9177671

My memory from home was always nice, but the best was when we went to our uncles house on the mountain cross the Danube. Late at nite we put on the ground some hay and we slept under the sky , just the blankets to protect us from the bugs. I never forget that big sky full of stars, you felt like you can reach and grab them. you never see stars that close in the city.
They say the sundown is very beutiful down in Floriday Keys, people sit on the dock and wait for it. One of these days I will drive down there just for that. Etelka

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 23, 2012
9:18 PM

Post #9177916

What a lovely memory, Etelka. I remember taking my children to my parent's home in the Ozark Mtn foothills...we timed our visit with a meteor shower. they were truly awed.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 24, 2012
5:24 AM

Post #9178120

Good morning to all, pics. taken just after sunrise this morning.

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

June 24, 2012
5:45 AM

Post #9178151

Good morning, Kim, and everyone. What a beautiful view and such a gorgeous plumeria.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 24, 2012
6:24 AM

Post #9178195

Good evening to you Margaret, the 'songstube' that you sent has brought back so much of good memories ... I'm listening to it as I type. Thank you, I'll definitely share that with loved ones.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 24, 2012
7:20 AM

Post #9178268

Florida Keys sunsets for kiseta.

None of these are from Mallory square, but really looks the same there, just ocean. My photos from Key West are in a box somewhere since they pre-date the digital camera.

The first is middle Keys, Long Key and the others are Bahia Honda at the Old Railroad Bridge. They are of different nights, so each a bit different depending on the weather and sky of course.

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed

kiseta
Augusta, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 24, 2012
9:37 AM

Post #9178484

Thank you Sunkissed, for helping me decide to go one of these days down to the Keys. It probobly would take me 2 days. Will stop at Venice beach, the water was so blue, I could not believe it. But I guess sunrise is a same everywhere, it means anouther day to enjoy. I am always thinking, the same Sun was over my sisters house 6 hours before mine, what a wonderfull feeling. I guess I get homesick once in the while. Etelka

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 24, 2012
9:49 AM

Post #9178493

Lovely pics Kim and Sherri. Boy the Florida west coast is really taking a beating from Debby right now...looks like she is trying to wash away most of Florida.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

June 24, 2012
11:14 AM

Post #9178619

Sherri, what gorgeous sunset!
Kim, your plumeria is beautiful!
Etelka, thanks for sharing your memories, so lovely!
Margaret, hi!
Jean, I hope the storm will go away from your place!
Here are some pics of a sunrise a few days ago.

Adina

kiseta
Augusta, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 24, 2012
11:41 AM

Post #9178650

Adina, I always wanted to find out, where did you learn such a good English, I am impressed. Etelka

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 24, 2012
6:58 PM

Post #9179215

Jean and Sherri, hope "Debby" doesn't cross your path. Part of our region is affected by the tropical storm as well...but not here. Y'all take care. Beautiful pics. Adina. Later all.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

June 25, 2012
1:50 AM

Post #9179445

Kim, glad you're not affected by "Debby". Praying for the others who are affected to be safe.
Etelka, thanks. I've learned English in school and liked it so much, then I started to learn from books and movies ... then I've found DG and learned from my friends most of what I know now. Such wonderful people here on DG who have accepted me as one of their own and helped me with my English too. Just reading their posts and answering, using the online dictionary, I've learned a lot. Thanks for asking.

Adina

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 25, 2012
5:36 AM

Post #9179596

Still raining this morning, could hear the wind during the night. Seems like this storm is never going to pass, she wants to linger. I feel sorry for those here on vacation. We have had four inches of rain just since yesterday morning, so far 6 inches total from this storm. Maybe she'll move on out today...if not I'm going to have to use the treadmill and I hate that, so boring. :)

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 25, 2012
7:00 AM

Post #9179760

Beautiful pics Adina.

Thanks to you all for your good wishes. It looks like Sherri may have to build an ark since the storm has become stationary for the most part. Those storms can be so unpredictable. The latest i read said a possibility of as much as 25 inches of rain could fall over northwest Florida panhandle.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57459617/slow-moving-ts-debby-drenches-florida/

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 26, 2012
5:00 AM

Post #9181444

Thus far "Debby" sent us lot of wind, and somewhat cooler temp. in the evening/early morning. Sunrise this morning pics. Sherri, how are you doing with all that rain forcasted there in Fla.? Jean, how are things at your place? Waving at everyone.
Kim

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 26, 2012
7:41 AM

Post #9181685

Kim those are beautiful. I can see the chop on the lake...right now we are getting no rain or wind to speak of, but yesterday the temp was 100 plus the heat index...so no cooler temps for us.
burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

June 26, 2012
8:44 PM

Post #9182836

Hi everyone.
Etelka, so good of you to join us. I love your story of sleeping under the stars.It brought back some fond memories of when we went sliding at night under a clear sky. It was so pretty with all the stars.
Adina, those shots from June 20 are amazing!
Pretty sunrise on the lake, Kim. I see your Brug is flowering. I got one forming a bud. Can't wait to see it.
Sorry to hear the hurricane season has started for you gals, already. Hope no one get caught up in a devastating disaster.
We've been having thunder and lightning, and a lot of downpour here, for the past 4 days.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2012
6:55 AM

Post #9184485

Hi Bernadette, thank you for the good wishes. Bad weather is very unpredictable and scary some time. Before the wind subsided, it has sent one of my prized container Plumeria into the lake, but today, the wind is calm. And the view is lovely outdoor. We're expecting tripple digit temp. however. I can't really complain though, look at the terrible heat waves out west and all the weird wild fires!

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 28, 2012
7:12 AM

Post #9184502

Yup, we are all having strange weather...we have been in the 100's for the past couple days...and even though we've had no rain in over a week, the humidity is high enough to kick in the heat index...even the butterflies are searching out shade flowers...grin.

Kim, hope your plumeria is okay after its' swim.

I didn't manage sun set...but I did get Moonset last night...

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 29, 2012
8:16 AM

Post #9186051

Wonderful shots everyone. Lily nice shot of the brugs and misty lake. Hope the plant that fell in the lake is okay. The wind did minor damage to some plants, nothing bad. The worst was a big dead branch fell out of my oak tree and broke half of my Poblanos pepper plant...ugh!

And moon that is a wonderful moon shot. I'm looking forward to seeing that moon again. Last month was real cloudy and rainy the whole time the moon was full.

We just finally saw the sun and moon again yesterday...glad Debby finally took a hike. Although the temperatures were nice while she was here, even the last two days have been really wonderful...but the heat is coming back today. Back into the 90's they say.

You all stay cool...I'll be sipping on one of these tonight.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2012

Post #9186094

I'm glad to 'hear' all is well with you Sherri in Fla. after Debby's aftermath. Yum, those drinks look so yummy, it's time to celebrate! Poblanos pepper? My plumeria was found by a neighbor washing up on the bank hundred or so feet down stream. It's all well here. I too enjoyed that shot of the moon Jean.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 29, 2012
9:17 AM

Post #9186115

Thanks...I was tickled to see the moon minus cloud cover, and even more so with the strong reflection of the sun on it. Usually just get a silvery white orb, so color was neat.

Glad the Plumie survived its' swim.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2012
6:21 AM

Post #9188509

We're experiencing a terrible heat wave. At sunset yesterday it was marked at 102F. topped out at 106F after highnoon. Hah, Jean the surviving plumie. I haven't seen flowers on this yet. Hopefully soon. Have a good day and stay cool everyone.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 1, 2012
7:07 AM

Post #9188543

Wow Kim, stay cool...seems like that heat wave is rolling across the country. Maybe all that plumie needed was a dip in the lake...grin
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

July 2, 2012
12:23 AM

Post #9189449

Beautiful shots, everyone. Those drinks look absolutely yummy, Sunkissed.

We've been following the tragic US weather events on the news. You folks really do have the most extreme weather, no matter what the season. Kim, that's so hot, and I guess your humidity levels would be high, as well. Throw yourself into the lake to stay cool.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 2, 2012
1:28 AM

Post #9189465

Heat wave here too...it seems that it's coming up from Africa. We still have normal heat, 90F, but starting tomorrow the heat wave will hit us too. We're expecting 110F!!!

Jean, excellent shot of the moon, wow!!!
Kim, your brugs are so beautiful, same as the sunset!
Sherri, those drinks are looking so refreshing, thanks!
Margaret, is it a mild winter in Australia?
Bernadette, thanks! Has the rain stopped yet?

I have a few pics which I'm sure will cool you down...sunrise and sunset in February!LOL

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

July 2, 2012
4:24 AM

Post #9189524

Oh, poor Adina. That's a ghastly temperature. Does your house stay cool inside during a heatwave?

Yes, a mild winter. We have about 7-10 severe storms during a typical winter and we've already had a few, including a couple that were selectively extremely destructive. A tornado totaled several shops and houses during one of the storms.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 2, 2012
6:19 AM

Post #9189642

Margaret, I think the whole planet is upset right now...perhaps this will shake the pundits up enough to see that Global Warming, fracking and the other rude things we are doing to the Earth need to be seriously reconsidered. When Mother Earth ain't happy...well...we see what is happening.Sorry to hear of the storms. Be safe.

Thanks Adina. Drink lots of water and stay inside...110 degree weather here has already taken a number of lives across the US.

Waves and grins to you all.
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

July 2, 2012
6:51 AM

Post #9189696

Yuck, moon, that's so hot. You're right about nature fighting back. It's a sad planet.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 2, 2012
6:57 AM

Post #9189708

Hi Margaret. yes it is a sad planet...and we have enough sci-fi cautionary tales out there that should make the powers that be think long and hard about the damage being done. Greed and ignorance have come back to bite us so many times in history...time folks started listening...

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 3, 2012
4:43 AM

Post #9190909

Wow Adina, that is really hot. It just amazes me how so much snow in the winter and such extreme heat in the summer...thanks for the snow pic's.

Lilylove, my Dad's plumerias on a second bloom after all the rain we had, he said he counted 30 blooms this past weekend. I'm going over tomorrow for a swim, I'll photograph it. Oh, Poblano peppers, sorry about the "s" on the end, I do that a lot when typing fast.

My rain gauge turtle...this was the first day of the storm, ended up overflowing.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 3, 2012
7:32 AM

Post #9191089

Hi everyone, due to the tail end of the storm, yesterday we've got some relief from the oppressive heat, temp. remains in the 70-80F. which was really enjoyable. But today it's going to be hot again. Adina, thanks for the cool refreshing view of the snow. Margaret, when temp. is in the 3 digits, even the water feels hot out there. Though I'll try to skii on the coming weekend if boat traffic isn't too crowded. Moon ignorance and greed, a deathly combo. Yearning for a gentler, and kinder evironment ...

1st pix is for Sherri especially. 2nd pix, a Night Heron lingering out on the nieghbor's pier early this morning.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 3, 2012
8:05 AM

Post #9191142

Great catch of the Night Heron, Kim

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 3, 2012
8:21 AM

Post #9191172

Thanks Jean, I'll leave you with this beautiful Angel Trumpets. Have a wonderful 4th and a safe one, everyone. Will return with pix of sunrise/set in the near future.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 3, 2012
9:21 AM

Post #9191266

Have a grand holiday Kim...Be Safe and stay cool...Love the Brug.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 4, 2012
4:49 AM

Post #9192398

Happy 4th everyone! Thanks Jean, you too have a grand holiday, so do everyone and stay cool, and safe.

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

July 4, 2012
5:29 AM

Post #9192419

Happy Independence Day.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 4, 2012
6:15 AM

Post #9192463

Thanks Margaret. For all the whinging going on, we are still very blessed to have our freedom. Happy Fourth Folks.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 4, 2012
6:54 AM

Post #9192510

Thanks Margaret. Jean, indeed we're still very blessed!!!
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

July 4, 2012
7:03 AM

Post #9192523

Any complaint about temperatures above 100F is exempt from the concept of whinging. You go for it.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 4, 2012
7:22 AM

Post #9192548

That goes for you too Margaret...GRIN My grandson was complaining about something to his Mom while we were on Skype...I said...Aidan what are you whinging about? He stopped and looked at the monitor (he is 6) Grandma, what do you know about whinging? That is not from America...had to laugh
Hope you all have a safe, blessed Fourth.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 4, 2012
12:25 PM

Post #9192905

Happy 4th of July to all in the US! What are you going to do today?
Great pics everyone! Stay safe!
Sunrise the other day. And a few days before.

Adina

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

July 4, 2012
9:05 PM

Post #9193435

Beautiful, Adina. Love the first shot.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 5, 2012
5:35 AM

Post #9193629

Those are really nice pics Adina...I like the second one also.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 5, 2012
7:53 AM

Post #9193769

I like those shots as well. I couldn't decide which one I like best though. Thanks Adina. Moon your grandson is so smart, it must be so hard to be away from family when they're so far away? Thankfully we can keep touch with family via skypes without having spend an arm and a leg via long distance call expense like the old days.

Margaret, how cool is the weather during winter there? I so happened on someone having mentioned somewhere in Whasington State it was in the 60F the other day. It must be ever so nice...

Adina for July 4th celebration we joined our extended family for a cook out and fireworks after dark. It was a joy to watch small children fascinated with fireworks. Our little guy (grandson) squinted his eyes with every big loud "popping" noises while he was securely held in his Moma's arms. But, he was really jumping with joy watching the "sparklings". Nothing is more wonderful to see things through the eyes of a child!!!

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 5, 2012
8:17 AM

Post #9193816

Thanks Kim...yes, it is very hard to have them so far away, but as you say...thank goodness for Skype..This is from a conversation between the three grandsons...the youngest was modeling his hat for their "big boy American cousin"

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

July 5, 2012
8:13 PM

Post #9194787

It's been lovely during the day, Kim. We've been getting about 22C (72F) during the day, although there's a cold front expected and the daytime temperature will drop to probably about 17C and the night time temps will rise to about 9C. They've been as low as 7C where we are. Our winters are very mild. Summer is the season which is hard to take.

Isn't Skype wonderful, Moon. Another way of shrinking the world.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2012
6:50 AM

Post #9195077

Absolutely it is Margaret. One of the "good" inventions of our time.
grits74571
Talihina, OK

July 6, 2012
12:06 PM

Post #9195472

Sure hope this is the right pic sometimes it is hard to tell from thumbnails

Thumbnail by grits74571

grits74571
Talihina, OK

July 6, 2012
12:10 PM

Post #9195479

Northern Nevada looking toward the Buffalo range from the foothills of the Granite range...A good day
grits74571
Talihina, OK

July 6, 2012
2:59 PM

Post #9195665

Twilight on the fox range Northern Nevada

Thumbnail by grits74571   Thumbnail by grits74571   Thumbnail by grits74571

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 6, 2012
3:18 PM

Post #9195680

Beautiful view!

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2012
4:25 PM

Post #9195731

Those are striking pics Grits..great color.

This is sunset behind the storm...

Thumbnail by themoonhowl   Thumbnail by themoonhowl   Thumbnail by themoonhowl

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2012
5:34 AM

Post #9196205

Sunrise this morning.

grits74571
Talihina, OK

July 7, 2012
6:26 AM

Post #9196265

We had a great sunset yesterday but just because it is pretty doesn't mean there is a picture kinda depends on where you are standing or in my case from last evening where you might be driving..had a nice little T-storm come thru and dropped the temps by some 20 NICE

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 8, 2012
5:57 AM

Post #9197521

Lily thanks for the spirit turtle, I've been given one of those by a friend.

All the photos are just beautiful...Grits that blue ray photo is really nice.

No photos here, but will be heading to the beach for a week vacation, hopefully I'll get some good shots for you all.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday week. I still heard firecrackers last night...my kitties are finally getting used to all the pop pops.
kiseta
Augusta, GA
(Zone 8a)

July 8, 2012
12:04 PM

Post #9197865

I know we soppose to take the picture ourself, but I keep finding some nice pictures of my home town, Novi Sad, Serbia. Etelka The tird picture is a Jewish Synegog in Novi Sad

This message was edited Jul 8, 2012 3:05 PM

Thumbnail by kiseta   Thumbnail by kiseta   Thumbnail by kiseta

grits74571
Talihina, OK

July 8, 2012
3:06 PM

Post #9198040

From Empire Nv.

Thumbnail by grits74571

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 18, 2012
1:07 AM

Post #9209724

Great pics everyone!
Grits, that was the right picture, just beautiful!
Etelka, wonderful nights at Novi-Sad, thamks for sharing.
Kim, aren't grandchildren so sweet? Glad to hear you had a great time on July 4th.
Jean, I agree about internet!!
Margaret, good to hear you are well and safe. The winter temps in Australia are fantastic, so mild!
My DD has moved out with Nicholas and her BF to an apartment in Bucharest. It'll be good for them to manage things alone and figure out what they would want to do in the future. We had so many arguments while they were here, so we are a bit relieved, but we miss Nicholas.
I have a sunrise from the other day...still waking up early to water! At 5 a.m.!! I was happy to sleep more on the last 2 days because IT RAINED!!!!!!!!!!!

Adina

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

July 18, 2012
1:19 AM

Post #9209727

Beautiful shots, Adina. Yes, when I look at the weather elsewhere pin the world, I haven't too much to complain about, but I will - about the summer heat.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 18, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #9209854

Adina, well wishes are sending your way to your precious Nicholas and the young family...on their own. A major mile stone for them to accomplish, and they will... I bet you miss having Nicholas nearby...
Yes being a grandparent changes everything... In a good way. I'm so very grateful for family.

The last few evenings we've had some beautiful sunset. I'll share some with everyone a few here. Sherri, hope you're having a nice vacation. Jean, how is things going your way? Speaking of summer heat, Margaret, although it has subsided some, but hot enough for one to get up early to get outdoor chores out of the way before the heat beating down. Adina, I've to stay out of the sun for several weeks due to some med's side effects. Grrrrr, I complain to complain, for I so love the 3 seasons here except winter...when I cannot gardening.
Kiseta and Grits, those pics. are beautiful!

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 18, 2012
6:05 AM

Post #9209862

Zoom out a bit of the same view.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

July 18, 2012
6:56 AM

Post #9209937

Oh Kim, they're beautiful.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 18, 2012
7:15 AM

Post #9209972

Thanks Margaret, the last few days we've had similar sunset. That same evening I saw a young couple with a young child fishing, I wished I could have captured the perfect moment of the unknown family on that setting...but, I wasn't quick enough. Missed opportunity to a great pic. for this photographer. :((
Here is the mentioned 'fishermen' as they heading home toward the eastern shore.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

July 18, 2012
7:36 AM

Post #9210006

Gorgeous, Kim. You live in a very beautiful place.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 18, 2012
8:45 AM

Post #9210090

Great colors Adina and Kim...they are all so serene. Adina, know you will miss Nicholas, but that will make his visits even more special...and no one does well with all the discord...Hugs to you.

Don't ya just hate it when a subject doesn't realize you are trying to get a perfect shot? GRIN...but, even them speeding away makes for a nice composite. Lovely as always Kim.

Hi Margaret..hopefully it won't get too hot too soon. Here, even on the days when the temps are in the low to mid 30's C the humidity kicks the heat index into triple digits. We are counting the days when it does NOT rain here now...feast or famine...grin

Big Waves Hello to everyone.
burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

July 19, 2012
8:00 PM

Post #9211972

It so great to see all the wonderful additional shots everyone has added!
Big waves hello to everyone here too. :)

Thumbnail by burn_2007   Thumbnail by burn_2007

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 21, 2012
10:18 AM

Post #9213385

Love the orange, Burn.

Here is my offering...been like this for the last two weeks

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 21, 2012
12:12 PM

Post #9213453

I'm back from vacation and really like all the sky shots that have been posted since I was last on here.

Adina, best wishes to your daughter, hope it all works out well for her. My youngest son, Nicholas is moving our for the first time next week into his own apartment. 2 down and one to go, but middle son may never leave. ☺

Kim, love the pink sunset, I want to come sit on your dock one day, you're not too far away.

Oh burn, love love the orange sky, very nice!

Moon, you are too funny...I see all that rain on the radar up there.

As promised I was able to get some sunrise and sunset shots while at the beach. And a cloud that looks like a turtle ☺

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 21, 2012
12:17 PM

Post #9213461

Two more of that shrimp boat

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 21, 2012
12:59 PM

Post #9213493

Hah, we can surely use some rain down here, haven't had much but a few drops here and there. But being by the lake, we're fortunate not feeling the impact of the drought. DH installed an irrigation system for the garden and that's paid off many folds. It's wonderful having children nearby. But when they're ready to be on their own it takes some adjustment. Best wishes to all.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 21, 2012
3:13 PM

Post #9213639

Great pics, Sherri. Looks like you had a nice vacation and great weather for it.

Kim, I would be too happy to send you some of this rain...we check every morning to see if our toes are forming webs...grin
burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

July 23, 2012
8:11 PM

Post #9216468

Sorry it`s so gloomy your way Jean, you obviously have a good sense of humor about it. ;)
Kim, so good your DH was able to set up an irrigated system, your place must look magnificent with all that hard work.
Wonderful back lit clouds Sherri, love that. The beach looks so inviting, would love to see my toes web in that water. Neat turtle clouds.

Thumbnail by burn_2007   Thumbnail by burn_2007

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 24, 2012
5:24 AM

Post #9216643

Hi Bernadette. There is an old saying Everyone complains about the weather but no one does anything about it...I have always thought that was a rather dumb saying as you can't roll back the clouds or dial back the sun...so I seek out a grin where I can...beautiful sky in those pics...I got up before sunrise today because the weather man said we would have clear skies this morning...wouldn't ya know, this was a morning when the sun did not make a grand colorful entrance...just sort of sprung up like bread in the toaster...ah well, at least it was a DRY sun...grin
burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

July 24, 2012
6:55 PM

Post #9217462

lol Jean I'm very happy for you, that you got to see the sun today, even if it wasn't in it's glory. The sky will color up for you someday soon, I promise. ;)
Anybody up for starting a new thread? I started this one and would like to give someone else a chance to do it.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 25, 2012
6:50 AM

Post #9217858

Thanks Burn...shades of ANNIE...the sun'll come out tomorrow...grin

On that note...I will start a new thread...or I could just hang out and sing...Tomorrow...tomorrow...OKAY...new thread coming up.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 25, 2012
6:58 AM

Post #9217865

As promised, a new thread. We have moved to here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1272629/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Photos Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the photo forum! dave 34 May 3, 2013 10:18 AM
My tractor and I, Part II dave 52 Sep 27, 2009 7:18 PM
Spring Spring! and my bowling ball! nicole_in_nc 6 Apr 21, 2010 3:35 PM
Riesentraube tomatoes dave 4 Feb 9, 2008 3:25 AM
It's a Bird...It's a Plane....It's Superdave! gardenwife 27 Nov 18, 2007 7:53 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America