Sunrise and Sunset #10

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Those that are just visiting or joining us, please check out the great shots, others have shared on our last thread here; http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1237163/
And come post your own shots here.

A few sunset from a few years ago.

Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thank you Bernadette for the new thread. Beautiful series on your collection. I'm heading out to a hiking trip. Hopefully I'll catch some sunset pic. on the way home. If so I'll post to share later. Have a good day and a safe one everyone.

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

What a lovely way to start a thread, Bernadette. Thanks.

Kim, have a safe, fun hike...I hope ya find a spectacular pic or two.Glad to be able to help now and then, Kim. grin

Sherri, thanks for the Gulf pics....otherwise placid water surely gets scary come hurricane season.

Today is Adina's birthday. Best wishes for a happy, loving day...Hugs to you..
(a ray of sunshine for your day)

Thumbnail by themoonhowl Thumbnail by themoonhowl
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Thanks, Jean! Wow amazing pics, especially the ray of sunshine! Hugs back at you!
Bernadette, thank you for starting a new thread for us and for the beautiful pics. I'm glad you enjoyed my article. I like your comparison!
Kim, thank you for your caring words!
Sherri, so glad you have been sleeping well! You can always read my articles when you will have more time. They are always on DG!
Margaret, I would gladly send you some snow, we still have plenty!LOL

I had a great day today with my family, especially with Nicholas. We had a barbeque and a Tiramisu fruit cake my son-in-law made for me.
Posting me with the cake, and Nicholas with my DD eating the cake. More pics and videos here :

https://picasaweb.google.com/104386080983966169167/20120310?authkey=Gv1sRgCOPt9MWyovHnbg

You can see also the "mucenici" I baked yesterday when we had a religious celebration. See more info here :

http://cubits.org/cjr/articles/view/922/

One picture with the sunrise from this morning.

Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti

How yummy that looks, Adina. Know you were tickled to have Nicholas and his mom and new dad to celebrate with you. Glad you had a good day.

The sunbeam pic is one of my favorites...thanks

PERTH, Australia

Happy birthday, Adina. I hope your special day is just that - special.

Burn, beautiful start to the new thread. Still a bit chilly up your way, is it?

Beautiful shots, moon.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Awww. Ya'll after 6 hours of tough hiking. I'm whipped into a mush. lol Will post some pix in the morning. Sweet Nicholas Adina. Awww, gotta hide those yummy treat from DH or he'd be in trouble lol.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Oh yes, Happy Birthday wishes to Adina too. Hi Margaret. :)

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Adina, Happy Birthday and many more Donna

Thanks everyone for the wishes! I have a sunrise from afew days ago and a beautiful sunset last night, but took the pictures from my yard.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Very nice photos Adina, still snow ladden there. Here is one sunset from me.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Nice pictures Kim and Adina. Too overcast lately for either sun rise or set....so here is one from November 2010

This message was edited Mar 14, 2012 7:59 AM

Thumbnail by themoonhowl
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

That's very pretty Moon. Here is what I've got right hot out of the press....errrrr the digital camera. lol

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Some nice capture this evening;

Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

I haven't taken part in this series in recent times for the simple reason that I had not taken many 'shareable' shots. This morning I was up there on the balcony early and enjoyed this sunrise beneath that coconut frond. The silly camera does not read my mind. It thought I was looking at the frond rather than the lovely sun!

Thumbnail by Dinu

Hi Dinu. That is a really nice picture. It almost looks like a travel poster.

I managed to catch the sun slipping away Friday evening. As you can see the trees are all pretty much leaved out again.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Thanks Moonhowl. I tried to crop another unwanted picture. It is crazy!

Thumbnail by Dinu
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

That is very pretty Dinu. I agree those crazy cameras, have a mind of their own, sometimes. ;) It happens to me a lot with bird pics. It'll focus on the branch, instead of the bird.
Kim, I would love, to be able to take shots on the lake, like you do. Love the reflection of the setting sun on the water in your pics.
Aww Moon, now you'll have to go behind the tree, to take the shots. lol Still nice though.I especially like your March 14 shot.

We had a nice sunset a few nights ago, but was not willing to get in my car, to go get some shots. If I take it from home, I get the power lines in it.
This one is from January.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

Thanks much. Burn, if I go to the other side of the tree line I will have to climb my neighbor's back fence, or drive a couple miles to get there. I really like the bands of color in that shot. In a couple months the sun will set a bit further to the west and then it will just be roof tops....grin

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Oh, I know Roof tops too. 8)

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks Dinu for those neat photos. Bernadette, wow those are some dramatic shots!!! Like the corner of the horizon is on fire. :))

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

A hummingbird visited at close to sunset yesterday evening. Hah, that's the best I can offer for now.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Great shots everyone!
Dinu, great to see you here!
I have a few shots of a sunset taken a few days ago. I'm glad to report that there is no snow left in my part of the world!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

It's nice to hear ... that there is no snow left, for what you've been through was some ordeal!. Adina. Nice pics. Thanks.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Adina, no more snow!!! your ahead of us. There are still patches of snow here. My slope in the back is well covered. I`ll take a picture in the morning of my pond area.
Kim, enjoy that little hummer. Can`t wait to greet them in my yard.

We have had so much cloudy weather and rainy weather that there haven't been many interesting sunsets and the trees are in full leaf now, so I don't see the actual sun before 8am.

Kinda looks like everyone is missing in action....hope you are all busy in the gardens ...

The last sunset I saw...

Thumbnail by themoonhowl
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Moon, we do get a similar sky. Here is an example what it's like in early morning. Lots of rain lately. I too was M.I.A. for a while but am trying to get back to gardening soon.

Bernadette, have you any hummingbirds yet? Adina, hope spring has sprung there where you're? Dinu, hope you'll have some more pix to share soon?

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Hi Kim...kinda figured as much....as the crow flies I am a wing flap or two south of Mobile...lots of humidity when it isn't raining. Hope all is well with you.

Waving to everyone from the not so sunny south...grin

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

~grin. the ... not so sunny south is right! These past few days has been rough. But look, the Cotoneaster I potted has survived, and is sending out flowers! It correlated with other (cotoneasters) in the garden too.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Whoo Hoo...good job Kim. That is really looking great. Now to just convince it to stay that size...grin

Yeah, rain from the Gulf and wind from the north...gone from high 80's and sunny to chilly and wet. DH had the a/c on yesterday...told him it was 10 degrees cooler outside than inside...open the windows and keep our money out of the electric company's pocket...they will get enough come summer.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Ah yes, Lily Love. There is one recent photo of sunset I took Sunday last. At the lake in Mysore. I was able to just make there in the nick of time, virtually as you can see. I was passing by the lake. The sun was still there in full and by the time I parked my scooter outside the fenced area and went in to the walk way some 100 metres away, I was just able get this shot.

Thumbnail by Dinu

Nice shot Dinu....sleepy sun...I like it.

Great shot, Dinu! Seems so misterious!
Kim, I love Cottoneaster! I used to have one in the garden of the building I was living in in Bucharest, but didn't take a cutting.
Bernadette, is your snow gone ?
Jean, we had rain and Sahara sand over our country these days...they said it was a sandstorm and brought some of the sand over here. Everything is covered with dust and the rainwater was yellow...go figure! Your sun behind the clouds looks misterious too!LOL
I have a sunset from a week ago, also behind the clouds.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Hi everyone, I haven't taken any sunset lately. Adina It's has been so beautiful here, the pass few days, most of the snow that was left melted. I still have a little bit of snow and ice on the pond. Kim, nice to see you've succeeded with your cotoneaster, looking good! No hummingbirds yet. They usually arrive around May 10th. Sorry you guys are getting the lousy weather. Glad for your garden though ;) Jean sending sunshine your way.
Dinu, that is a beautiful view!

It's not a recent pic. Dug it out of the archive.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
PERTH, Australia

Lovely shots, everyone. Adina, that is amazing about you getting Sahara sand. Who says the weather's not completely whacky.

Here are a few sunrise shots I took a couple of weeks back.

Thumbnail by MargaretK Thumbnail by MargaretK Thumbnail by MargaretK

Just what you needed Adina...dust on everything right after you finished Spring cleaning.....that must have been quite a storm to carry so much sand your way.

Thanks, Bernadette.....I just need it to dry up enough to be able to get into the beds....the weeds think it is party time. Your pic almost looks like a brush fire.

Wow Margaret. Those are spectacular. I think you got every sunrise color in there.So vivid I thought they were sunsets...

Lovely shots, Bernadette and Margaret...I like especially the second one, stunning!
Jean, it's not that much dust ,, but enough to show a dirty window, grrr! I took pics of the car, the window,, the tiles from the terrace and the water in the bucket which I'm usually saving for watering the flowers. Might this sand have brought any seeds from Africa?LOL

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

This morning, my newspaper delivery man showed me the sun having 4 lines radiating from it. In fact it was the thin low clouds that were playing that trick. Only 3 days ago we had discussed about sunrise and how nice it is to watch. He is lucky as he goes on his bicycle to deliver newspapers to homes at that time.

Yes Adina...it may have brought seeds with it....Hurricane Gustav was mostly wind when it hit...it brought all kinds of weed seeds with it....grrrr.

Good Morning...the trees have leafed out covering the sunrise, but still offers a view or two...we are in the warm day cool night cycle here, so always a bit hazy in the morning...but the sun highlights some of the haze...

Thumbnail by themoonhowl Thumbnail by themoonhowl

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.