Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Water Gardens: Waterlily ID

Communities > Forums > Water Gardens
bookmark
Forum: Water GardensReplies: 3, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

March 11, 2012
1:47 PM

Post #9038290

Is there a good online source for IDing tropical water lilies?
Over a year ago I put a tropical waterlily in the basement to over winter, well then I found out we were moving to another state. SO I left it in the basement and left it for dead. Well the movers packed it, and I found it, dumped it out in the garden and found not just one but 4 divisions!(there were 5 but my puppy grabbed one and shook to pieces before I could save it). So I seperated them and replanted them and put them in a water pot. I now would like to figure out who it is , I forgot the name I know it is blue and viviporous. Has spotted leaves also.

Anyone have an idea? I don't have any pictures of it blooming.

Thanks
Kerrie
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

March 11, 2012
4:19 PM

Post #9038509

Kerrie

a picture would help... can you get one?
MerryMary
Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL
(Zone 9b)

March 11, 2012
6:12 PM

Post #9038642

Sounds perhaps like Tina or Panama Pacific.
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

March 16, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #9044705

No picture, I can take one of the very tiny plants, but I don't have a picture of the flowers, They are a bright blue with yellow center.

Thanks Merry Mary I will look up those cultivars and see if the descriptions match what I have. Since I thought it was dead I threw away any reference to it. And didn't think I would be growing anymore. What I get for thinking...

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Water Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lotus/Kitty Litter Mardell 36 Jun 21, 2011 5:29 AM
This is my waterpond before we started the new construction! TraciS 9 Feb 19, 2008 1:35 PM
No Pump Water Garden gardening101usa 4 Mar 12, 2007 5:50 PM
Easy and inexpensive pond... BigDaddy99 85 Aug 8, 2008 11:05 PM
How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update! judycooksey 364 Jul 24, 2014 8:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America