Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Books, Movies, and TV: Need some help

Communities > Forums > Books, Movies, and TV
bookmark
Forum: Books, Movies, and TVReplies: 8, Views: 76
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
skeeler
Medina, OH

March 12, 2012
12:37 PM

Post #9039734

I think I remember someone on this forum recommending a series (think there were 3) of books dealing with a family and its
journey (horse and wagon) west. There were the usual births, weddings and deaths and I think I remember a huge barn
fire. Sorry, that is all I can recall, but I remember I really enjoyed the story and passed it on to my aged mother, who also
loved it. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

March 25, 2012
8:28 PM

Post #9056993

I am sorry, I don't know that particular series, but if you like that sort of read--- A Land Remembered is wonerful. I have read it twice and will so again before my time is done : o )
skeeler
Medina, OH

March 27, 2012
9:14 AM

Post #9059064

Missingrosie-Thanks for the suggestion. I shall check it out (no pun intended) at the library.
missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

March 27, 2012
10:52 AM

Post #9059199

You will reallllly love it.

also - I read somewhere that there are some bedbug issues turning up at library. It may have been Daves but I am not sure...so INSPECT! You can't get A land Remembered on Kindle or any reader format that I know of.

My first experience with a tale of the nature of your series (births, weddings, deaths, and wonderfully developed characters (many years ago of course ----) was Christy. Do you remember Christy? I remember a character that I loved - I was fascinated with her name -- an Applachian woman called Fairlight. I suspect now that young people might find it too juvenille or 'unspicey' - with all the goings on and reality shows of our times -- But Christy was based loosely on the authors mothers story as I recall.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 27, 2012
2:50 PM

Post #9059510

My mom read a series of books called The Work and the Glory. I don't know much about them except they're centered around Mormon pioneers.
missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

March 27, 2012
3:04 PM

Post #9059525

Kwanjin
You are lucky! My mom read TV Guide! And she would get mad when I stayed indoors to read instead of going out to play " in the sun" (grin)

This message was edited Mar 27, 2012 8:25 PM

This message was edited Apr 8, 2012 5:47 PM
dillansnana
Hemet, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 27, 2012
3:14 PM

Post #9059540

skeeler

Perhaps you are referring to the Wagons West series?? Some years ago I read many of them.
They were very good.

Hope you find what you are looking for.
God Bless,
Sylvia
skeeler
Medina, OH

April 8, 2012
8:24 AM

Post #9074046

Thanks all-for your input. Just picked up A Land Remembered yesterday. Am enjoying it very much-Thanks missingrosie.
Kwanjin, not Wagons West; but I'll put that on my list.
missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

April 8, 2012
2:48 PM

Post #9074420

When you finish it, let me know what you think.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Books, Movies, and TV Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Edgar Rice Burroughs: At the Earth's Core dave 8 Jul 12, 2007 7:54 AM
Harry Potter?? evelyn_inthegar 63 Feb 23, 2008 5:25 AM
Stephen King's Dark Tower gardenwife 40 Dec 20, 2010 9:34 PM
What's The Story With Johnny Appleseed? VGMKY 13 Jul 26, 2008 2:00 AM
Fictionwise FREE ebooks drop 4 May 28, 2007 3:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America