Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Books, Movies, and TV: Need some help

Communities > Forums > Books, Movies, and TV
bookmark
Forum: Books, Movies, and TVReplies: 8, Views: 77
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
skeeler
Medina, OH

March 12, 2012
12:37 PM

Post #9039734

I think I remember someone on this forum recommending a series (think there were 3) of books dealing with a family and its
journey (horse and wagon) west. There were the usual births, weddings and deaths and I think I remember a huge barn
fire. Sorry, that is all I can recall, but I remember I really enjoyed the story and passed it on to my aged mother, who also
loved it. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

March 25, 2012
8:28 PM

Post #9056993

I am sorry, I don't know that particular series, but if you like that sort of read--- A Land Remembered is wonerful. I have read it twice and will so again before my time is done : o )
skeeler
Medina, OH

March 27, 2012
9:14 AM

Post #9059064

Missingrosie-Thanks for the suggestion. I shall check it out (no pun intended) at the library.
missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

March 27, 2012
10:52 AM

Post #9059199

You will reallllly love it.

also - I read somewhere that there are some bedbug issues turning up at library. It may have been Daves but I am not sure...so INSPECT! You can't get A land Remembered on Kindle or any reader format that I know of.

My first experience with a tale of the nature of your series (births, weddings, deaths, and wonderfully developed characters (many years ago of course ----) was Christy. Do you remember Christy? I remember a character that I loved - I was fascinated with her name -- an Applachian woman called Fairlight. I suspect now that young people might find it too juvenille or 'unspicey' - with all the goings on and reality shows of our times -- But Christy was based loosely on the authors mothers story as I recall.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

March 27, 2012
2:50 PM

Post #9059510

My mom read a series of books called The Work and the Glory. I don't know much about them except they're centered around Mormon pioneers.
missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

March 27, 2012
3:04 PM

Post #9059525

Kwanjin
You are lucky! My mom read TV Guide! And she would get mad when I stayed indoors to read instead of going out to play " in the sun" (grin)

This message was edited Mar 27, 2012 8:25 PM

This message was edited Apr 8, 2012 5:47 PM
dillansnana
Hemet, CA
(Zone 9b)

March 27, 2012
3:14 PM

Post #9059540

skeeler

Perhaps you are referring to the Wagons West series?? Some years ago I read many of them.
They were very good.

Hope you find what you are looking for.
God Bless,
Sylvia
skeeler
Medina, OH

April 8, 2012
8:24 AM

Post #9074046

Thanks all-for your input. Just picked up A Land Remembered yesterday. Am enjoying it very much-Thanks missingrosie.
Kwanjin, not Wagons West; but I'll put that on my list.
missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

April 8, 2012
2:48 PM

Post #9074420

When you finish it, let me know what you think.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Books, Movies, and TV Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Edgar Rice Burroughs: At the Earth's Core dave 8 Jul 12, 2007 7:54 AM
Harry Potter?? evelyn_inthegar 63 Feb 23, 2008 5:25 AM
Stephen King's Dark Tower gardenwife 40 Dec 20, 2010 9:34 PM
What's The Story With Johnny Appleseed? VGMKY 13 Jul 26, 2008 2:00 AM
Fictionwise FREE ebooks drop 4 May 28, 2007 3:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America