Found by Accident. Stayed on Purpose:)

Chardon, OH(Zone 6a)

I was looking up info on some plants and found Dave's. You can never have too much information...or plants..

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

Spoken like a true plantaholic--you'll fit right in here! Welcome from northern KY (right across the river from Cincinnati)!

Chardon, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks KyWoods. I was kind of going into a cold sweat on Ebay today when I saw someone posting 32 succulents for $36. Sure, I live in an apartment...but still!

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

Wow, that is cheap! I bought some Louisiana iris from an ebay seller--just got them today. I'm afraid to plant them this early, even though it's unseasonably warm now...got 'em in a bucket of water in the house.

Chardon, OH(Zone 6a)

You're not kidding it's warm. It's ruining my usual topic at work about how lousy the weather is this time of year..:)

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Hiya Dans, welcome to the Plantaholics' sweetest dream! =) Looking forward to seeing you around more and getting you sucked into everything imaginable, from Winter Sowing to Veggie gardening out on your balcony! < =D

Chardon, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Speedie. I'm an apartment dweller so I won't be making any midnite runs to the 24 hour nursery because I suddenly noticed there's a blank 2 foot space in the garden:) I've got a low light window in the bedroom, a larger sunny window in the living room and I've got some plants in the bathroom I'm growing under a combination of incandescent and fluorescent bulbs. I just cut back those plants yesterday. Some of them were trying to get into the shower with me...

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

LOL They must be humidity loving plants!

Chardon, OH(Zone 6a)

Or they're Dan-loving plants.. Hahahaha!!!

Maybe they wanted to rinse off their feet? ;) Whatcha got growing in there that likes a shower so much? =)

So, no balcony space, eh? Hmmm, well, I'm sure someone in here can find more plants for you to fill up every square millimeter that you've got! =) Sorry I can't help ya there, I'm not an indoors-growing person myself, all my growing happens outside; out front, out back, on the deck... Hmmmm, I'm sure I can make more space **somewhere** for more! =D

Chardon, OH(Zone 6a)

I never really thought much about plants until a decade or so ago. My girlfriend dragged me to a nursery in the winter and I converted:) I mean, it was freezing and snowing and blowing outside, but inside it was warm and humid and plants were everywhere. They was every color and shape and size. That was when I realized you could have more than just a place to live; you could create your own world!

Having space to do it outside must be the ultimate. Inside, you're limited by space and light. Outside..you're only limited by your imagination..and budget:)

What a wonderful girlfriend you have: KEEP HER!! =)

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

LOL I agree! I have always wanted a greenhouse...one of these days, I hope!

Chardon, OH(Zone 6a)

I just saw this cartoon. Two business women are walking down the street. One of them has her cell phone out and she's saying to the other, 'I'm never home to talk to my plants, so I text them." :)

KY, yeah me too, but it'll be a long time before I get one, no space here where I live now. :(

Dans, LOL!! Now that 's just saadddd!!!!!!!!!!!

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

ROFL

Chardon, OH(Zone 6a)

I just got my first Dave's newsletter. Very informative. I liked the part about how there are 600-some thousand members and five thousand subscribers. Geez, I hope the Dave's gang isn't in it for the money..

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

LOL Amazing, isn't it?

Chardon, OH(Zone 6a)

Gotta appreciate free, I suppose. And I say that representing the 120 members my portion of the paying subscribers support:)

This is the ONLY place that I actually pay to be a member, and it is sooooooooooo worth it!!!!!! This site is worth its weight in Gold and Platinum and salt and diamonds!!! It's all because of the fabulous members, of course. =)

Chardon, OH(Zone 6a)

I did the five bucks for two months bit just to get a taste of things. I'm buying plants and I needed the info Dave's has on them. Good value there.
Wal-Mart's site is good for free researching. I was buying a carpet shampooer and I used the info on Wally's site to compare different brands and read customers' reviews. Then I bought a refurbished one off of Ebay!:) I could have gotten a new one at the local Wal-Mart, but I couldn't find my orange sweat pants and black velvet sequined Elvis tee shirt to go shopping in...

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

LOL

DARN, and there I was with my camera ready and waiting!! Well, maybe next time. ;P

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.