Babies arrived yesterday!

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

A shared order of 46 chicks (should have been 49, but the hatchery oopsed)
So far all but one are doing great.

Thumbnail by tamberlin Thumbnail by tamberlin Thumbnail by tamberlin
Conroe, TX

What adorable little babies.

Bridgewater, ME

What breed are the ones with the green dot on there head

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi Green,
The green dots are Silver Spangled Hamburgs! Also in that box are Salmon Faverolles, bantam Belgian Quail d'Anvers (the tiny black ones), Porcelain D'Uccles (tiny grey ones), Black Australop (big black and white ones).
The other box has RIR, Buff Orps and Araucana/ameraucanas.
;)

Bridgewater, ME

I had two salmon faverolles,such cuties little and all grown up. I had one hamburg and it was so flighty,stayed up high and could not get any where near it.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

wow that was a pretty good size order. They are very cute

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

I've had Hamburgs before, and they were indeed flighty. They were Gold Spangled. I now have Silver Spangled, and for some reason they are not near so Schitzy. They "go to bed" every night on a porch railing, and I pick them up and carry them to the coop:)
No idea why the difference *G*

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Oooh I hope you have good luck with them! I especially want to see the results of your D'Anvers and P. D'uccles, Ive never had any of those but I hear they are beautiful!

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks for all the good wishes! The hamburgs are very bright and curious. They were the first to spot the people looking in at them. The D'Anvers and D'Uccles are tiny!! We were so lucky to not lose any of the tiny ones in transit.... I had nightmares about opening a box of squished chicks...:(
All are starting to get their first wing feathers... still can't tell who is a boy or girl just based on feathering... I guess we'll have to wait and see who crows!

Richmond, TX

ZZ is quite good at sexing by early wing feathering - perhaps if you posted pictures...?

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

I'll get more pictures soon. I'm really not too worried about the boy/girl ratio. Yes, we are not supposed to have roosters here, but its going to be a few months before it need concern anyone who lives outside the house.
:)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.