Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Computer Talk: This Phone is Smarter than I Am!! Help!

Communities > Forums > Computer Talk
bookmark
Forum: Computer TalkReplies: 5, Views: 40
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

March 13, 2012
12:01 PM

Post #9041236

I love technology, but I like simplicity too. Now that the time has changed, my new LG500 Tracfone is wrong and I can't figure out how to set the time. I can find the world clock. I can find the alarm. I can find the stopwatch. But I can NOT find "set time". I can't even find "initial setup" which I think is where I set it in the beginning. Can someone help me? I think my phone is the equivalent of Samsung blackberry. My boss has one just like mine but hers is a blackberry.

Can anyone help me? I've googled instructions on the net but what I could find was no help.
JoParrott
Richland, WA
(Zone 7b)

March 13, 2012
2:17 PM

Post #9041412

If that phone was that smart it should have set it's own time- I assume you're talking about having to do Daylight Saving time? My dumb phone does that!! LOL
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

March 13, 2012
3:08 PM

Post #9041475

Well, the interesting thing is, I just noticed a few minutes ago that it now shows the correct time. I don't know why or how. This morning it was an hour behind. All I can figure is some "time fairy" came in when I wasn't looking and fixed the time for me. Thank you, time fairy!
JoParrott
Richland, WA
(Zone 7b)

March 13, 2012
3:17 PM

Post #9041484

It was just slow catching up to daylight saving time-
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

March 13, 2012
4:16 PM

Post #9041547

You mean, I don't have fairies? Darn it! I was hoping the "cleaning fairy" would come in tonight while I sleep and clean my house. Jo, you just crushed my dream!
hcmcdole
Powder Springs, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 13, 2012
5:18 PM

Post #9041641

Sometimes you might just have to toggle power. I've noticed that with iPhone - at times just going throught different time zones it stays where it was at home and I must toggle power off for it to get the new time. Seems like iPhone got some bad press from a glitch last year on the time change.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Computer Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hotmail help Calalily 13 Jul 17, 2008 11:51 AM
Screen Capture Programs holty 16 Feb 8, 2010 2:13 AM
This 'problem' is driving me nuts! hczone6 10 Feb 11, 2014 4:24 PM
Laptop recommendations Gwendalou 10 Jul 30, 2007 10:12 PM
G Mail Invitations PudgyMudpies 43 Dec 28, 2007 12:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America