INTEREST !!! PERENNIAL PLANT SWAP 'APRIL TILL SEPT PT 2

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

WE CAME FROM HERE :http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1241178/#new

NEW WANT & HAVE LIST THREAD : NO CHAT PLEASE

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243397/

EACH MONTH WE WILL SHARE 5-6 NICE SIZE PLANTS AS YOU WOULD LIKE TO FIND IN A NURSERY IF YOU WAS TO GO BUY THEM.
THEY MUST BE LIVE HEALTHY PLANTS ,

APRIL WILL BE OUR 1ST MONTH TO SHARE PLANTS THERE IS REALLY NO LIMIT AS TO HOW MANY YOU CAN SHARE AS LONG AS YOU SHARE NO LESS THEN 5 .

YOU WILL BE ABLE TO LIST THE TYPES OF PLANTS YOUR LOOKING FOR . & WHAT YOU DO NOT WANT :)

THIS WILL GIVE US ALL TIME TO CHAT ABOUT THE TYPE OF PLANTS WE HAVE HOW THEY GROW IN OUR ZONE & IF OTHERS WOULD LIKE TO TRY THEM .
SOME PLANTS CAN BE INVASIVE IN SOME AREAS SO KEEP THAT IN MIND ALSO .

PLEASE SEEDLINGS DO NOT OR WILL NOT COUNT AS A PLANT
BUT CAN BE SHARED .

LET US KNOW WHAT TYPE OF PLANTS YOU WANT TO GROW . HOPE YOU WILL STOP IN & CHAT WITH US .
THIS STARTS INN APRIL SO KEEP WATCH .

MEMBERS

DEEJAY9/SUSIE
FRUITOFTHEVINE/SUSAN
PAINTEDACRES/JILL
WARRIORSWISDOMKATHY/KATHY
GOLDHILLAL/
MINNESIPPI/ STEPHINE
CRIT/PATTI
TINA_A/TINA
OUTLAWHEART81 / KELLY
CZIMMERMAN00 /CHRISTINE
POISONDARTFROG / ALANA
RICKCOREY_WA / COREY-------MAYBE
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
MUD_ELF
SCBUTTERCUP /
HAPPGARDEN
CVILLE_GARDENER/CAROL
BLUESPIRAL / KAREN
CHEERMOM /
OBERON46 /
CHELLFLOWER

Thumbnail by deejay9
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL(Zone 7b)

Ohh I am first in the room. So glad you are home too Susie. Please do not over do your self!!

Hi kriss yes your the early bird :) i just wated to say also thank you for your call during my hospital trip you all are just great group of gal & so caring ty. I have my drs apt this afternoon @3;30pm check up . it is in the 0's today i think sure warming up good .

luch is over i gave daddy an ONION Sandwish & he ended up eating 3 of them he now i know i won;t get sick :) he's so funny. anyway off to get my hair washed so i can be ready to go when jim gets home . ya all have a great day

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

Oops! Posted in the old thread. So more pics of those cute little flowers there. .....And!!!!!!
Here we have some coral bells venus & i believe it's purple petticoats. I think slugs stole my plant markers! Lol
i can't believe these are still going! So glad i loooove venus. Not sure about the purple yet. But oh well these are next to a big ol sum and substance hosta in my forest garden.

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81 Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81 Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Lovely Heucheras, Kelly. I picked up a different one at Lowe's last week, Alabama something in the name, can't remember at the moment.

Had a good day driving in 80 degree sunshine today to meet a DG friend for a brief visit, then stopped for groceries.

Hope your appt went well today, Susie.

All went well Doc Kept me after class :) or after hours you might say to go over some of the test that was forwarded to him from the Hospital. He wants me to finish my antibiotic then go for my INR & PT Next Tuesday. for the cipro is going to have my levels messed up right now anyway . but he also wants another ct scan so not sure what they are looking for . what a Beauty full day I'm so excited there were tree trimmers working down the road from us so i called jim to go see if we could have the chips & WALA They are in my front yard :) maybe 10 yrs or more &The Best Part !!!!!!! IT WAS FREE !!!!!!!!

anyway then jim Put in a pool for MOLLY DUCK 1st DUNKING Bath she Has had all Winter Pour Girl But she sure feels good tonight :))) Whatta BRODER HEHE.

well MORE Great News I Have Buds ON My TULIPS & Daff Now should be open by the weekend .
well i need to go in & Tell daddy Good nite ya all be good till i get back .

susie

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

Awesome day!!! :)

Yeah, aren't those tree trimmer people great? A couple of years ago, their crews cleared hardwoods for a new subdivision. I drove down and begged them to dump a few loads in our backyard, and they did.....for free! It's still pretty coarse and used it in my wild child garden last year. It's time to start hauling mulch, love the way it smells and spreading it too. There's nothing like instant gratification.

Elfie, after I unloaded groceries, I went for a garden stroll and noticed a couple of mini hostas you gave me starting to peek out of the friendship bowl! At least a month early.....geez

I need to move all my hostas from down at the RV to up here at the new temp place,,sigh.. I am more than ready to be on a permanent place again...

I know you are and it'll happen, Elfie. Hang in there. Go get your hostas before somebody else claims them.

Oh,, I will believe me. They are all in tubs,, just need to go get them.

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

well,well.........good evening all! Beez watchin yall chatter, yall be having jist too much fun! and finally decided to join ya.... need some fun! In the past few weeks, i have seen more of the hospital than i ever want too. my son was in ICU for 10 days, then gitting a new stinit near his heart (as a result of the car accident a while back, some of ya may remember). then when he came out, my husband went in 3 days later for total knee replacement. so now that both are running back/forth to P.T., .............i need ta git out and play in the dirt!!!!

I like the idea of choosing whch month ta play in, and i think April/May will suit me jist fine fer now. Those that know me........knows I recently discoved a luv fer vines...cant seem to git enuff of them. and sinc i have a smallish garden...that's a good thing...I grow up! lol yall also know I luv any type of plant/flower! I think this year I also fallin in love with grasses........since certain party introducd me ta elephant grass! WOW! so, kin i play..........huh?

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

I think i missplaced a post.
Here we go again.
I need to opt out for a little while. Seems i am moving. :(

Kelly your Fine Please just come stay in touch when you can even just to chat :)

JSX: I Was Just about to Send the TIGER"S Out After you Sure Good to Have you with us
Now About those Grasses That ELEPHANT Grass starts small but can grow fast over a 5yrs span
mine was a 1ft clump & In 7yrs it is now 5ft round . & gets 12 -15ft high .
& You Need a Bulldozer to get it out .

I Will Be POSTING OUR 1st Swap SIGN UP THREAD On March 24th & will Close On
APRIL 1st How dose that sound to you all ??? you only sign up if you want to play .

well quit the day My brother worked rings around me ya all have a great evening .

Kelly, that has to be unnerving. I'd be a basket case walking around in circles wondering what to do first if I had to move. I do hope it's a good move for you, though, and like Susie said keep chatting with us.

Jax.....You're back! Ya know you're like a ray of sunshine :)

I'll be ready when you are, Susie, and will go with the flow.

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

Thanks guys. I wish it was. I'll let you know when i get settled wherever the wind takes me.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

deejay...what kind of grass are you talking about?? I've been wanting a tallllll grass and can't figure out the names of the behemouths. See, the deer can't see over one that tall. lol.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Fruity, was it Alabama Sunrise Croal Bell?

That's it, Anita. Do you already have one?

No I don't have that one. I have the Brass Lantern, Georgia Peach and Southern Comfort. I love the CBs with the bright vibrant colors. I am going to try to propagate some of the ones I have by taking some cuttings. Has anyone ever takne cuttings from Coral Bells. Rooting cuttings is not one of my strong suits.

Never have tried them from cuttings but have found they're easy to divide if your clumps are large enough.

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

i love my elephant grass, beez looking for a couple more. tis good ta see yall agaain.....after the winter that never was!!!

I have a few Coral Bells but not a clue of the names will share what I Can if anyone likes .
also I Wanted to ask your feelings on Partners when it comes time to chose up Partners is everyone ok with the fact that I Post Partners on the thread & It not be a secret ???

I just don't think I will be able to keep tract of everyone as who has sent or received if we have 15-20 players it would just be easier to keep tract on the threads & Hopefully I Won't pair you up with the same person another time.
GREAT GLAD WE ARE ALL OK WITH IT HEHE.

STILL GOT THAT NAGGING COUGH, & Chest Congestion so going to lay back early been up since 4 :30 am
ya all have a great evening

I vote you make it easy on yourself, Susie, and post our partners directly on the monthly threads. And you know I don't mind sending to or receiving from the same person once or multiple times from luck of the draw. I'm just glad to be here and in good company :)

TY SUSAN i'm sure everyone will have a great time . in here once these plants start flying :)
80's today going to sit daddy back in his chair then off to the outdoors to walk the gardens & feed water the critters :)

ya all have a great day back soon

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Morning everyone, sounds like everyone is having an early summer, we have been in the 80's everything is growing...heavens.

Got the yellow car back, those deer per pound are costing me a fortune, but the car looks really good. Gas for the pu for 5 days was costing me 90.00 and Missouri has cheap gas prices....or better than most states.

Susie girl you had better take it easy, it is your turn to be taken care of. What ever is easiest for you to do the swaps will work for me.

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY everyone. Be sure to adorn some green!

Fruity, I never knew the real name of the Muscari. I always called them Grape Hyacynth because they look like a bunch of grapes, but I know they aren't a hyacynth. lol

Kelly, do you have a picture of your sum & substance hosta? I was looking for a pic of mine to post but cannot find it. I have a hosta that I think that is what it is but not sure. It was here when we bought the house. I have taken a bunch of divisions from it for the swap. I think I have 9 now, most have several eyes, but are not up big enough to call a 'plant' but won't take them long. Would those be OK to use as a plant?

My tulip bed is so pretty. Just about all of them have opened now but still more buds in the wings. Pink, Purple, Red, Orange, Red/White ...... lots of color! I noticed yesterday my Oriental Lilies are coming up. I have been cleaning all the weeds out of the bed where my Devil's Trumpets, Rose of Sharon and Holly Hocks are. I am enlarging it too. Finished up the bed around the Bird Bath where I have Dutch Iris FOTV sent me, Eye of the Tiger. I have several beds to clean out but am going to wait on them until May 1 when I know the chance of freezing is over. Right now I am concentrating on getting the weeds out of the beds that aren't covered by leaves.

It's your party Susie, you can handle it however you want to. You are the unanimous voter. ^_^

We've been in the upper 70's and 80's for more than a week now. 70's on Monday with 90% chance of rain, then down to the upper 60's for a while. I moved a bunch of cells from my jiffy greenhouses into pop bottles, like I use for my ws'ing, and set them outside so I don't lose due to damping off. I have a terrible problem with that! So, will have more plants later on as they grow bigger and better.

Time to go out and play in the dirt some more. The wind is blowing but it is 72* and I will be setting on the ground, so won't be too bad. Have a great day everyone!

Susie, I agree with Susan. Make it easy on yourself.

My computer is dead, having to use hubby's laptop is the pits, but at least I can get on. Those who have send D-mails, please know I'm not ignoring you, just can't see worth a toot. Little keys, fat fingers, and bi-focals don't mix too well. 0:)

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Susie, do make it easy. You do so much and you don't need to wear yourself out with this.

We'll be just fine. ^_^

afternoon ev1 out cleaning up their gardens & working on your Tans ??? i got some weeding done this early morning then had to go for blood test . just wanted to share a couple BLOOMS with ya .
1st are my TULIPS , then my Daff's , & Can you believe PULMONNARIA"S are starting to bloom.

i just found a ew love for POLEMONIUM purple rain & Primula Primadiente rose . take as many as i can get :))))
also Oenothera i have the yellow one would like peach color or pink one .

off to look for sales :))))) i sure plan to do easy this year .

Margaret will be here tomorrow for a week or two so i should be able to get out side much more.
she is doing well she has lost over 100lb from 368 down to 195 lb i wish i could lose the 50 still holding but jim has nnot lost either so all bets are off till we are up for it :) .

well off to play bacck later

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I dug a huge clump of Joe-Pye yesterday to share with all of you who requested some. I still need to dig the bleeding heart. It is starting to pop. Sedum is popping...The peony are popping, the trees are popping...I couldnt be more excited! And now its raining so even more to come.
I have 9 of you on my list plus I think I will pick April for my swap month..Maybe May - I will confirm by next week. It will give me a better idea of what will be ready to trade.

(Judy) Simpsonville, SC(Zone 8a)

Susie what is the plant in the photo with speckled leaves and oink flowers?

Judy that is a pulmonaria i traded for last sprig for about 5-6 different ones some are still quite small but there is 3 of them full of buds. i want more :)
my body is so stiff & sorry i dug up 60+dwarf irises sunday & shipped them out yesterday . so my trading has begun :) & my body Hurts so bad for being so out of shape .
possible 86 * today so will get what i cann do early this morning i can't be in the heat of the day .
well gotta get daddy in his chair Margaret will be here later to spend a week with him so jim & I can play out side. you all have a great day i hope to get a few of my plants in pots also.

susie

Minne, does peony grow from ground each year? I added starts of peonies and hydrangeas last year. I do not see any signs if new growth yet. I'm hoping they made it through the winter.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Last night we had the iris guy from the iris farm up the road from me come talk to our group about spuria iris. I picked those over bearded because I was pretty sure no one except maybe a couple of us knew what they were. The talk was so gooood. From the time the plant sets seed to the first bloom is average around 5 years.....wowzer, who can wait that long.....then for him to get enough to sell is anywhere from 3 to 5 years. So some of you youngins out there need to start doing spuria iris and you can sell them and have money for old age...rofl.... If memory serves me right from the original spuria iris to the hybrids they are only in the 6th generation. Where bearded iris were being hybridized I think back in the 1600's! He just had all kinds of good stuff like that. He had won an award in Moscow, Russia and I asked how that works. What happens is you mail them a plant 3 years a head of time, along with the plant you send an envelope with a number on the outside, inside the envelope all sealed is the grower and the info. The people in Russia (actually this is how it is done everywhere except the United States) plant all the iris for the competition then 3 years later they judge. Once the winners are announced they open the envelope to find out who won. He said he received a huge gold medal all written in Russian, but he didn't know what place he had won, he thought he must of placed first as big as the medal was.....but he found out it was 3rd once he had it translated, but he was tickled to death.... That is a cool way to judge, no buddy, popularity contest, just if it is a beautiful plant.

Raining here, gonna rain all week....spring has arrived.

The first picture is an expensive one but love the color, but I have several that cost 5 to 10$ range. Second picture is one around 7.00$ I also have the original spuria that I dug from an old farm house that I know I have shared with several people on Dave's, it is white and that is what the 3rd picture is. I can't remember how long they have been in the ground, but I have several clumps of them. I just really like these plants and they are really tall.

Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden

SUNNY 75* RIGHT NOW :) JUST SITTING HERE SPENDING money on plants i should not do but when i have to sit in the house this is the trouble i get into .
& now you have gone done it happ i thought i had spent enough & Now you have me looking for these sHAmE ON YOU . back later .

Susie are you finding any hardy geraniums or coral bells (new colors)?

nothing yet have you ?? I'd like more geraniums i have just one pink one that is about a 3 ft x 3ft
that i hope to share this year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.