Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Computer Talk: Old Mah jongg game

Communities > Forums > Computer Talk
bookmark
Forum: Computer TalkReplies: 8, Views: 61
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2012
10:14 AM

Post #9042504

Does anyone have the old mah jongg for windows, v. 1.0 by Ron Balewski? I had it on an old computer, but that's gone now. I have one of his old ones, but I still like the original the best. I've searched all the sites that talk about old games, but can't find one to download.
JoParrott
Richland, WA
(Zone 7b)

March 14, 2012
10:32 AM

Post #9042525

You likely won't find one you can use on a newer pc- I am the same about the old Lemmings game (for win 3.1) I loved it, and still have the files but there isn't any way to use it. Sometimes progress is not good !
Doug9345
Durhamville, NY
(Zone 5b)

March 14, 2012
8:04 PM

Post #9043166

Is this it
http://www.geocities.ws/jimgray.geo/MJ4WIN.ZIP
From this web site
http://www.geocities.ws/jimgray.geo/

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2012
2:47 AM

Post #9043289

Well darn it KYWoods, now ya got me crawlin' around on my hands and knees lookin' at the bottom shelf of my book shelf to find my 2 Mahjongg cd-rom cases!! LOL!!!!!!

The ones I've got are "Moraff's MoreJongg - Volume 1" and "Mahjongg Madness"... I can't find, on the case, who they're from (I would guess the first one is from Moraff, heh heh)... I don't have my cheaters on at the moment and DARNIT, I wear bi-focal contact lenses, I'm not SUPPOSED to need to wear my cheaters anymore!! < =P
smileymom343
Kenmore, NY
(Zone 6a)

March 15, 2012
3:29 AM

Post #9043297

I have an old non-computer set, it was my mom's. I don't know how to play, though. She bought it back in the 70's when we first moved here and used to play with my aunts. It's such a beautiful game, all those tiles... so pretty!

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

March 15, 2012
3:49 AM

Post #9043303

Smiley, I hope you've got someone in the family who can teach you the game, it's wonderfully addictive! My computer version of choice is the Moraff one, and I play it every single day. I've also got one for the Playstation, but I haven't played that one in a while. Please do try to learn it, I think you'd be glad you did. :)
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 15, 2012
8:09 AM

Post #9043570

I have seen the Moraff ones, and tried to download one last night, but my computer said it couldn't open the file. There is one with cat pictures

The old one I'm looking for is by Ron Balewski. It was his first one for Windows, and Doug may just have found it! I am at work, but I will try downloading it when I get home. I'll let you know if it's the one. Thanks!
Yep, it's addictive, lol.

Edit: Sheesh, I feel dumb now...the one I have IS v. 1.0.
Now I remember--the old one I once had was on a friend's ancient computer, and it included a set of tiles that is not on this version. I may never find it, as I don't remember the name of the tileset. It was designed by a man named 'Clive'; can't remember his last name, but it was included with Ron Balewski's tilesets. In the description he said something like, "These are easier to see than those yang symbols". LOL Does that ring a bell for anyone?

This message was edited Mar 15, 2012 6:48 PM

postmandug

postmandug
Bardstown, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 19, 2012
10:46 AM

Post #9048801

Diggin' that hole deeper and deeper!!!!! I've got an old one at home somewhere if I can find it. I think it was on a floppy.

Doug
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 19, 2012
11:57 AM

Post #9048891

Thanks, Doug!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Computer Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hotmail help Calalily 13 Jul 17, 2008 11:51 AM
Screen Capture Programs holty 16 Feb 8, 2010 2:13 AM
This 'problem' is driving me nuts! hczone6 10 Feb 11, 2014 4:24 PM
Laptop recommendations Gwendalou 10 Jul 30, 2007 10:12 PM
G Mail Invitations PudgyMudpies 43 Dec 28, 2007 12:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America